[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PSA AR-10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 2zebhg9.jpg (152KB, 1056x341px) Image search: [Google]
2zebhg9.jpg
152KB, 1056x341px
Are these duds or do they run?
>>
>>33457779
Never personally bought a full PSA AR10, but I did buy their BCG, stripped lower and LPK and both run great on my build. Be warned PSA takes forever and a day sometimes to ship your order. Other times they ship fast. Can't really devine a pattern in when which happens
>>
>>33457798
Ordered one from them on Thursday my upper will be in tomorrow and lower will be in the next day.

Bought my first AR-15 from them and It's been great so decided I'd get my AR-10 from them. With a blushed lower it came out to just under $800.
>>
>>33457779
Only the rear mbus and it's pinned down by the scope? This shit gets me every time.
>>
>>33460726
Shit's dumb yo.

Maybe he didn't finish installing his sights?
>>
>>33460726

I can't explain the missing front sight.

But my rear sight is often pinned down like the picture because I use a quick-detach scope mount at the range. Pic looks like an American Defense quick-detach mount.
>>
>>33461672
is your quick detach something that retains zero every time you re-install it?

if it is, then imo it's worth having BUIS on the rifle; snap on, snap off as you need

Otherwise, just stick with the glass, you're adding unnecessary weight
>>
>>33461856

Well I rarely shoot more than 100 yards. So it's nice to be able to shoot semi accurately at 100 yards. I can pop on the scope and hit a soda can at 100 yards, no prob. That's good enough for me. Then I can take it off and shoot up close with the buis.
>>
>>33457779
>>33460704
Same boat as this dude, upper has arrived, getting lower tomorrow, will be bringing it to the range as soon as my bolt arrives.
>>
>>33457779
PSA are about as good as it gets for the price point my dude
>>
File: 556 wound.jpg (212KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
556 wound.jpg
212KB, 650x488px
>>33461856

Different anon, I've only taken glass off once just to test my Larue QD mount and it held zero perfectly. It's nice knowing I have back up sights if something happens to the glass or if I ever need the rifle to be dedicated to shorter ranges like (legal) night hunts. I've only had the rifle for maybe 4 months so this hasn't happened yet.

They only weigh like an ounce together, weight isn't really an issue even if your glass isn't quick detach.
>>
>>33462020
YouTube videos seem to show a lot of problems with the PA-10. Ordered upper and lower so hoping they've been resolved.
>>
>>33462309
Most of them seem to be from a couple years ago so hopefully it's been worked out.
>>
BUMP for more AR-10s
>>
>>33463646
I was mirin' the 14.5 but ordered the 18.
>>
>>33463865

How is 308 out of short barrels?
>>
Is the AR-10 the go-to for .308 semi autos? Just starting to get into full caliber rifles and the AR-10 seems like the best choice for .308 for similar reasons the AR-15 is the best for .223/5.56
>>
>>33463921
Ar10/SCARs yes. Not sure if SCARs can reach the same accuracy as you can get out of well pieced AR10 tho, doubtful
>>
>>33463873
Slower than it is out of long barrels. Retains enough velocity to expand most softpoints to around 450m. Loud as shit.
>>
>>33463935
Not many people have set about accurizing SCARs, and the factory barrels are hardly "match grade". The AR10 would PROBABLY be slightly more accurate due to the inherent issues with barrel harmonics associated with piston guns, but afaik nobody's really done a fair comparison because I can't find anybody that's stuck a Kreiger/Brux/Hart/Bartlein/Pac-Nor barrel on their SCAR.
>>
>>33463954
Supposedly the PSA AR-10s are not that accurate
>>
>>33463995
Well no shit, they're a bottom-line AR10 with a shit no-name button rifled barrel. Dafuck were you expecting it to do?

Meanwhile the GAP10 is a quarter-minute gun with 168gr FGMM, guaranteed. The factory SCAR can't even come close.
>>
>>33464014
So what would you recommend on a $2500 budget?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.