[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SVD and x54R general I suppose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: svdk.jpg (16KB, 650x209px) Image search: [Google]
svdk.jpg
16KB, 650x209px
Does anyone here have any trigger-time with the SVDK (SVD's big brother in 9.3mm)?

I have an opportunity to buy one but there are some things that still concern me:
>does it fuck the brass up like its little brother?
>how gay is 9.3x64 really compared to real magnums? The thing drops like a rock but I suppose it doesn't drift as much in the wind?
>how harsh is it on the scopes?

I have extensive experience with an SVD but I have only couple of times got to finger-fuck an SVDK/TIGR-9.
>>
>>33456447
What country
>>
>>33456460
Finland
>>
>>33456447
>tfw no SVDs, let alone SVDKs
>>
>>33456508
This.

Why must you rub salt in our wounds like that, OP???

Realistically though, I really, really, really like my Vepr 54r.
>>
>>33456529
I'd swap my SVD for a decent AR10 if I had the money
>>
You can't get good accuracy out of x54R, the cartridge headspaces on the rim
>>
>>33456623
the grass is always greener and all that
>>
>>33456655
Well AR10 is a better rifle IMO, the good ones are +2000€ here, though.

>>33456642
I beg to differ. Although it is not an optimal design, the cartridge can deliver. I have shot my SVD down to .9MOA with stock ammo, and with a more accurate rifle and handloaded ammo you can get almost on the same level with .308 (galf-MOA or better). I've seen it done with a good rifle and quality brass. Lapua brass with a good projectile (even better if the bore is for .308win and thus you can handload with .308 bullets) is a good starting point.
>>
>HYPOTHETICAL
I was wondering last night, would it be possible to modify an SVD for 8mm mauser? or would it be easier to mod the longer SVDK?
apparently Izamash has a custom shop that does 30-06 tigrs and one mention of 6.5 swedish, but I havent seen anything about 7.92x57
>>
9.3x64 is a true magnum cartridge, comparable to a .375 H&H. Should shoot about as flat as a 7.62x54r.
>>
File: 1489015152443.jpg (170KB, 1919x1277px) Image search: [Google]
1489015152443.jpg
170KB, 1919x1277px
>just because im a burger and i like posting it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.