[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M1915 Howell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: DUDE.png (676KB, 852x433px) Image search: [Google]
DUDE.png
676KB, 852x433px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U682yOpNafg

>Game changer in 1915
>don't even consider it for adoption
Britbongs on suicide watch.
As crude as it is you can see from the slow footage that the thing just works.
>>
>>33455927
>game changer
Dude, it fucking sucked compared to dedicated semi automatic actions.

Converting bolt actions to semi auto tends to not go well and this is the perfect example.
It's clunky, terrifying to use, and damn near worthless when compared to something meant to be used as a semi auto.
>>
>>33455927
I feel like that would be a fucking nightmare to clean, especially on the western front.
>>
>>33455986
>Converting bolt actions to semi auto tends to not go well and this is the perfect example.
But you have millions of them why not push couple of thousand and see what happens.
Brits love evolving rifles anyway,changes could have been made to make it more skookum.
>>
>>33455927
I think its kind of cool in a sort of agricultural/orky kind of way with bits of pipe, pistons and something to stop your hand being ripped off.

Plus if any part of that whole gas mechanism cuts loose, then you might loose an ear or eye.
>>
>>33456009
At that point you have an expensive conversion when you could be putting that time and material into making more small arms that aren't retarded
>>
>>33456088
There is literally nothing expensive about it except the trigger that is obviously retarded..
>>
>>33456009
Because with the R&D costs for this you could have manufactured a far superior pattern of weapon intended for use as a semi automatic rifle instead of a shit one that was intended to save a penny but failed.

It's like converting a car into a motorcycle.
Yeah you could probably do it.
But it'll always be cheaper to simply make a motorcycle,
>>
>>33455927
Confirmed for BF1 medic
>>
>>33456108
While you're not wrong - what if you have a lot of cars while needing a lot of motorcylces?

pic related, car converted to motorcycle.
>>
File: 1483417137221.jpg (62KB, 620x447px) Image search: [Google]
1483417137221.jpg
62KB, 620x447px
>>33456191
semi relevent
>>
>>33456191
Because I'm a single person and not a government that can simply put up a reward for someone designing a cheap semi automatic rifle and I don't have to do it all on my own tiny ass budget.
>>
>>33456323

yeah, you could offer some cars as reward and then use the rifles to steal some motorbikes
>>
>>33456108
R&D costs aren't really that much of the problem.

There are several other, more important issues. Now the way it functions always seemed to me to be an intuitive way to make bolt-action->semi-auto conversion, but nobody has ever done this on mass scale, likely for a very good reason.

The problem lies in bulk, weight, training and maintenance of such systems. Imagine how easily it is to put a dent in gas tube. Well, let's make it enclosed - shall we. Redesign stock, prepare tooling for remaking it, find a way to keep the action running without sacrificing reliability(as it is it's probably superb reliable, the cocking piece problems are likely caused by the fact that it's very, very old). That's hard. You will also have to train soldiers how to disassemble and clean it from the ground-up.

Most importantly - the sense of this thing. Small arms, especially infantry rifles cause less than 10% of casualties in combat. Why even bother spending the resources on doing this?
>>
>>33456371
But at that rate I'd just trade some cars for motorcycles.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.