[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, what do you think of the NRA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11

File: nationalra.jpg (243KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
nationalra.jpg
243KB, 880x660px
/k/, what do you think of the NRA?
>>
>>33454996
They alright
>>
They encouraged the import ban to make a few bucks from domestic manufacturers, all in all they dont give 2 fucks about your rights only what they can profit from.
>>
>>33454996
Necessary evil.
>>
>>33454996
Once you understand that they really represent firearms manufacturers you better understand their motives and actions. On one hand we can basically rest easy knowing an AWB will probably never happen again, the AR-15 has made gunmakers an absolutely monstrous amount of cash and they do not want that gravy train to even slow down. But the flipside is we are going to keep dealing with import bans and other measures intended to keep prices from getting too low.
>>
>>33454996
Net positive
>>
>>33454996
They "fought" against the M855 ban and did absolutely nothing about 7n6.

They are an American company protectionist lobby through and through, and numerous "collectors" in its ranks actively oppose reopening the machine gun registry because their "investments" will lose value.
>>
>>33455597
>>33455073
/thread
>>
File: do not poke dah snek.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
do not poke dah snek.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>33454996
They exist.
>>
>>33454996
Pretty lousy. I dislike membership requirements at a lot of the ranges out there. The NRA-ILA was too scared to help with Heller vs DC. If they weren't ready to help then, why would they be proactively doing anything now?

Secondly it was founded as an organization to improve marksmanship skills for martial applications. It does not do that anymore.

Third actual opposition to real 2A issues like this gentleman states.
>>33455597
>>
>>33454996
It's a group of fudds that only care about 'murican gun companies. They don't give a shit about all of the gun restrictions that people in gun hating states have to put up with, like mag restrictions/bullet buttons and stock restrictions like those covers that go over pistol grips and those abominations that ar owners have to deal with in ny. When it comes to "gun rights" the NRA only cares about its rights to make American manufacturers money any way possible.
>>
They don't actually care about 2nd amendment rights, they only care about industry profits. They will actively campaign for shitty compromises if they think companies can make a buck off selling "compliance" products.
>>
>>33455597
>>33455073
>>33455650
same
>>
>>33455747
just fucking say me too what the fuck is with this newspeak would it fucking kill you to keep the one whole fucking syllable holy fucking Christ
>>
ITT we pretend it's 1993
>>
>>33455012
/thread.
FUCK THE NRA, THEY SUPPORTED TAKING MY SURPLUS AND SEMI AUTO AKS FROM MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>33455597
Because they've mutated into a new form of evil: the ARFudd.
The kind of fucker who believes that while "assault rifles" are okay, they MUST be American or they should be illegal.
>>
Fudds who exist solely to drive weapons sales and scare people into panic buys. LaPierre's speech at CPAC was basically

>Trump won so guns are safe
>but liberals are going to be coming around murdering every registered republican soon so BUY MORE GUNS

Fuck the NRA and fuck anybody that still gives those faggots money.
>>
>>33456021
i do the add a buck thing
do you want to fuck me?
>>
>>33456083

You're fucking yourself plenty by throwing your money away.
>>
>>33455073
This is precisely why I support them, even though I'm not really into AR's.

They may try to ban imports of the slave guns that I play with, but without them, my Veprs wouldn't have been legal at all thanks to AWB's and such.

Furthermore, thanks to them and their support of the US gun industry, I could now go onto PSA and build myself a milspec AR for the price of a new Mossberg 500. That's just about as American as it gets.

They also do cool things as far as sponsoring youth marksmanship programs and such. Those are a great gateway drug for nofun normies, and it gets the kids out of their statist liberal cocoons and rubbing elbows with the Constitutionalists, pro-2A, anti-big government, Infowars/Gadsden Flag-types from the range, who coach them and become loveable authority figures whose political beliefs begin to make sense. So there's that, as well.
>>
Strongest rallying cry we have though poorly executed and having questionable priorities.
>>
>>33454996
I like them in principle. Glad to have people lobbying for our rights.
>>
>>33456021
They are pretty much the only org with the money/inside-the-beltway sway to mount attacks on AWB's and may-issue handgun laws and actually win.

They're like your crazy dude uncle. You don't see eye to eye with him all the time, and sometimes you think he's a little dramatic and that he dwells for a bit too long on issues that don't really matter, but fundamentally he's a good guy and he's on your side.
>>
>>33456138
*Crazy fudd uncle
>>
>>33454996
I'm a member... I thought everyone here would be.
(pro-tip: it's worth it for the insurance alone)
>>
death to the NRA
>>
>>33454996

They're the biggest organization who will protect your gun rights.

Not the best, the biggest.
>>
>>33456112

This DESU.

>Feels good having a powerful progun lobby in Washington who'll defend America's first freedom.®
>>
>>33456238
>America's first freedom

Who's talking about the ACLU?
>>
File: 1481150874126.jpg (60KB, 1024x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1481150874126.jpg
60KB, 1024x1022px
>>33456275
>ACLU
>implying they are not communists that shit on the constitution they claim to protect.
>>
non-burger here

What's the difference between NRA and GOA? Which is more /k/ approved?
>>
>>33456303
>angry because the ACLU defends civil liberties that you only want for yourself so you can shit on people you don't like without being called out for it
>>
>>33456339
ACLU are a bunch of filthy communist faggots that let sandniggers into the country
>>
>>33456402

>The government should only protect the rights of people I agree with

Move to Russia if you like living in oppressive authoritarian shitholes otherwise shut the fuck up.
>>
>>33456138
youre a stupid nigger faggot if you all call your representative/ senator it does helps the same if not more than whatever these fucking fudds do learn to shitpost without a cock up your ass you melanin enriched cocksucker
>>
>>33456091
>implying I don't already throw my money away on patches
>>
>>33456487
>any non-citizen has an undeniable right to enter the country
Founding Fathers would hang you on the closest lampshade
>>
>>33456138

I'm not exactly sure they're "good guys that are on our side." But you're right in that they are the most important gun lobby, with the most power and influence in securing 2nd amendment rights.

I agree with the other anons in this thread, in that their primary interest is business. And like most special interest groups, they'll fight hard for one right, while ignoring and compromising others.

I'm not a member; they keep sending me shit in the mail, but I will probably never donate. I just don't trust them. I am glad that they are there though.
>>
>>33456303
Everyone likes to shit on the ACLU, but they did come out in support of Heller in DC vs. Heller.

They definitely are a liberal organization, I wouldn't call them pro-gun; but they're not as bad as /k/ and /pol/ think.
>>
>it's another "the NRA doesn't care about gun owners, just gun manufacturers" disinfo thread episode
http://www.gq.com/story/inside-federal-bureau-of-way-too-many-guns
>>
>>33454996
They represent American companies not American people.
>>
>>33456515
by that logic we could call Feinstein and have her not only support the HPA but suck the dick of every FFL applicant

It's money anon

Money wins this stuff, and for better or worse the NRA are the ones that have it
>>
>>33457477
Lol the NRA doesn't have a fucking dime. What they do have is a massive proactive voter base.
>>
File: 1476922718708.jpg (42KB, 600x655px) Image search: [Google]
1476922718708.jpg
42KB, 600x655px
>>33457534
>Lol the NRA doesn't have a fucking dime.
>>
>>33455597
>>33455597
M855 was previously exempted from being classified as AP by the ATF. In order for them to reclassify M855 it needed to go through the rule making process. The reclassification was killed when it was opened to public comment.

7n6 has never been exempted and met all the legal requirements to classify it as AP. The NRA had no immediate avenues to block the ban. All they could do was help draft and lobby for new legislation that would change the classification. Thar bill was the Lawful Purpose and Self Defense Act.

Also, there is no secret group in the NRA conspiring to keep the machine gun registry closed. Most machine gun collectors would prefer it open so they can get more machine guns. No one who has any financial sense would view a machine gun as a good investment.
>>
>>33455012
SO WHAT GUN RIGHTS LOBBY DO YOU ENDORSE
>>
>>33455012
They do things such as this, but they also take the hits for all gun owners in the political spectrum
Half and half in my book
>>
>>33458401
Why wouldn't they? there's a finite supply, prices consistently go up, and making them legal again would be political suicide in this climate.
>>
>>33458448
Lack of liquidity and uncertainty regarding the legality of future transferability or private ownership.
>>
>>33455012
How exactly do they encourage import bans?
>>
>>33454996
Mixed bag
We won't see an AWB under them, but they haven't done much when it comes to state AWB
>>
>>33457534
>The NRA doesn't have any money
Wait, so what do they do with my member dues?
>>
>>33457534
Dude the NRA has some of the nastiest, dirtiest lobbyists in Washington. Those guys are not /sp/'s janitor, they do not do it for free.
>>
File: output.webm (371KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
371KB, 640x358px
>>33457451
>The NRA represents gun companies!
Even if this were true (it's not) pro-gun consumers' and gun industries' both want the same thing: guns. The argument is intellectually dishonest at best and Feinstein-tier BS.

>Pro-gun people are sheep being misled by gun companies! If it weren't for gun companies then no one would want guns!
Just how bluepilled are you?
>>
File: shoot the nra.jpg (101KB, 450x890px)
shoot the nra.jpg
101KB, 450x890px
>>33454996
I think you can judge men and organizations by their enemies.

Protip: You and the NRA have the same enemies. Even if you disapprove cerebrally of some of the things they do, or don't do, any port in a storm.
>>
File: long necked slut likes burgers.jpg (91KB, 409x460px) Image search: [Google]
long necked slut likes burgers.jpg
91KB, 409x460px
>>33457079
So many libtard talking points throughout this whole article.

>No, says the gun lobby. It would give the government a tool to confiscate our guns. The idea of a gun registry is the great fever dream that lies at the heart of gun-control conspiracy theories: Government evildoers are going to attack us any day now. We have to be ready.
I agree it's a damn shame that the "tracing" system that we have is so primitive. It would be nice if it was standardized, digital and easily searchable. But it's also a damn shame that government officials tend to arbitrarily ban certain guns and tools a modernized tracing system would make it exceptionally easy to follow through with it. The people who write these articles or make fun of gun owners for being suspicious of the government's intents always conveniently think that banning "assault weapons" and imposing jailtime and fines on people who don't comply doesn't count as a gun ban or de facto confiscation. Like, I've met these kinds of people in real life. The cognitive dissonance is unreal.
>>
>>33457451
This canned libfag line is so bad, but also easily disproven. All you have to do is point towards their opposition of the 1994 AWB (and the NRA is the only reason it had a sunset clause btw), and the fact that the 'assault weapons' in question were a fraction as popular then as they are now. AR15s and AKs were by far a minority in terms of civilian ownership and gun industry sales, yet the NRA still did their thing. Get new lines.
>>
freeduffelbag/10
>>
>>33454996
ineffective
>>
>>33457070
The ACLU is based as fuck.
>>
>>33462493
That's like saying american manufactures and american people have the same interests which is fucking retarded.

Consumers want the greatest diversity of products at the lowest possible price. And the NRA doesnt support that.
>>
>>33462526
>You and the NRA have the same enemies.
Not really. Some of them maybe, but the NRA supports many of my enemies.
>>
File: 1422090030107.jpg (28KB, 570x735px)
1422090030107.jpg
28KB, 570x735px
>>33455012
This
The NRA are shills for shoddy American gun manufacturers and that's it, everyone involved could collectively suck start a shotgun for all I care
>>
>>33457070
They also came out against the Obama era bill that would restrict access to firearms from vets who are on government benefits.
>>
File: 1484329295274.jpg (87KB, 363x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484329295274.jpg
87KB, 363x1024px
>>33454996

the NRA doesn't do shit except spam my mailbox to beg for more money; i only paid for a membership because all the ranges around here require it.

the GOA and second amendment foundation are much better imo.
>>
>>33457070
>They definitely are a liberal organization, I wouldn't call them pro-gun; but they're not as bad as /k/ and /pol/ think.

The ACLU has begun to come around to see the light on the 2A lately. Some of the criticism is outdated, and much of the rest is due to the other political positions held by the gun owner which the ACLU doesn't agree with.
>>
File: 1403201376877.jpg (123KB, 1067x653px) Image search: [Google]
1403201376877.jpg
123KB, 1067x653px
>>33458800
Just as an example, compare their reaction to the ATF banning 7N6 5.45 vs M855 5.56.

They're the gun lobby of American gun manufacturers. They don't actually give a shit about your gun rights and would support a second AWB if it meants a 5% bump for Sturm Ruger or Smith & Wesson's bottom line.
>>
>>33458401
>7n6 has never been exempted and met all the legal requirements to classify it as AP.
Only because a single sperg made a prototype AKS-74u pistol. Not mass-produced. One gun.
So suddenly 7N6 was armor piercing handgun ammunition.
They could've fought it. They chose not to.
>>
>>33455925
same
>>
>>33456515
Do you understand how punctuation works? Get off the board you degenerate, third-world monkey.
>>
>>33465118
No, it was not based on a single production pistol. In 2011 the Fabryka Bronie Radom, Model Onyks 89S, 5.45x39 caliber semi-automatic pistol was approved for import. This makes it legally defined as being commercially available. 7n6 meets all the requirements to be classified as AP under 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(17)(B).

So what exactly could the NRA have done to fight the reclassification?
>>
File: ar_gun.jpg (209KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
ar_gun.jpg
209KB, 1080x1349px
>>33454996

People forget that there are essentially 2 NRA's. The NRA lobby group and the safety/training NRA group.

The former does some weird shit sometimes. I agree with >>33455073 in that the NRA lobby doesn't really represent the American gun owner's interests 100%. That being said, they are by far the biggest and most important lobby in fighting against gun grabbing policy. So maybe they aren't altruistic, but by God they are necessary.

The non-lobby wing of the NRA is bretty cool. I wish they could do more in terms of safety training for youth. I think a firearms safety course that went to high schools would be neat. Maybe tie it into reviving air rifle shooting competitions that used to be prominent in schools.
>>
>>33465071

What, exactly, has the GOA done? Can you point to specific accomplishments?
>>
>>33465104

>What is the NSSF?
>>
>>33455012
Why don't foreign companies join the nra?
>>
>>33466348
They unsuccessfully challenged the machine gun ban.
>>
>>33465071
>the NRA doesn't do shit
You are objectively retarded.
>>
>>33458424
gun owners of america. Much better
>>
>>33456333
NRA is the biggest "pro gun" lobbying group and they really want your money and nothing else. They profit off of gun grab scares so they don't really do anything to stop the gun grab scares. the gun owners of america (GOA) is more /k/ approved in my opinion. They are the second largest and have actually tried to challenge existing bans instead of just asking for money to prevent future bans.
>>
>>33471274
Can I get the cliff notes here?
>>
>>33471597
https://www.gunowners.org/
>>
>>33471512
>implying that having a hugefuck lobbyist promoting our values is a bad thing
Name one thing YOU did in the last 8 years, besides voting, to promote or preserve 2A rights.
>>
>>33454996
I think they need to focus more on safety and marksmanship, and less on giving LaPierre a platform on which to look like a retard.
>>
>>33471512
> They profit off of gun grab scares so they don't really do anything to stop the gun grab scares
I don't know if you dumbfucks are straight up COINTELPRO goons on David Brock's payroll or children too stupid to know any better.
>>
>>33454996
>/k/, what do you think of the NRA?
its the boogeyman to all gun control faggots and a lightning rod for all the liberal bullshit.
for that reason alone, i would think it a positive force.
>>
>>33471735
To add to this; >https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2013/01/16/nra-planning-the-fight-of-the-century-against-obama/
>"The NRA's reaction to the proposed bill was swift. Its Institute for Legislative Action division started a "Stop The Gun Ban" campaign before the legislation was introduced in the Senate, asking its members to call their representatives and urge them to oppose the ban"
I mean, this was dug up with three seconds of googling. So you're either a shill who doesn't know how easy it is to internet, or you're someone who is too stupid to do basic research. You lose either way. What's the next step in your master plan?
>>
>>33454996
I really don't like them, but I do occasionally need them.

I never send money beyond a yearly membership, and only then if there's political shit coming up I feel they'd be useful for, but I do buy extra memberships for gungrabbers who personally piss me off.

Spite. It's what keeps me going.
>>
>>33454996

They make too many compromises and it leads me to not trust them.
>>
>>33462526
Don't you have feminine penises to be fapping to?
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.