[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mlp/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0007.jpg (113KB, 873x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0007.jpg
113KB, 873x600px
ITT: we discuss the Wehrmacht horses meme in a civilised and thorough way. Then we never talk about it again.
>>
File: IMG_0006.jpg (80KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0006.jpg
80KB, 800x571px
>>
File: IMG_0005.jpg (65KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0005.jpg
65KB, 800x587px
>>
File: IMG_0004.jpg (23KB, 440x303px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0004.jpg
23KB, 440x303px
>>
File: IMG_0002.jpg (45KB, 801x621px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
45KB, 801x621px
>>
lol using fucking HORSES
No wonder they lost so badly
Did they try a horse cavalry charge against tanks, too? LOL
>>
>>33454340
Thanks. Best contribution so far!
>>
>>33454340
That where the poles which tried that.
>>
>>33454270
Why is it a meme? Its pretty obvious that they where extensively used. Even under operation barbarossa, some 600 000 horses where used (if i remember correct, military history visualized has a great video about it).
>>
What's country in ww2 didn't use horses at a point? They get equipment where it needs to be, they don't break down, they're cheap to buy and cheap to maintain.
>>
>>33454632
It is not obvious to everyone. There is some myth about the Wehrmacht being a completely modern and mobilized force.

It would have been an advantage for the Germans to have logistics done by trucks. They simply lacked production output and fuel.
>>
>>33454788
A horse eats a lot. Also they tend to die when exposed to cold and too rough conditions.
>>
>>33454852
Horses can also be eaten by soldiers when the worse comes to worst like in ww1 when French soldiers had to kill their own horses for food when food was in low supply on the front. On top of that, yes they can die in cold conditions just like the soldiers would but even tanks and trucks in ww2 were vulnerable to the cold as it would potentially prevent their engines from starting.
>>
They also give an opportunity to """relief""" to stressed out soldiers...
>>
>>33454946
Well... I mean it wouldn't be a surprise of some soldiers did that... though idk if mares were ever sent to the front
>>
I don't see the meme part. Horses, in 1940, were an important part of the economy and the transport sector for much of Europe - certainly not just for Germany. Why not use them, at a time when steel and fuel and machined production were at a maximum?
>>
>>33455139
The meme part comes in when in every thread about WW2 someone posts "hurr durrh le epic fail horse logistics of the Germans..."
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.