[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Royal Marine gets seven years for Taliban killing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 299
Thread images: 38

File: 95350145.jpg (49KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
95350145.jpg
49KB, 624x351px
> Sgt Blackman was convicted of murder in November 2013 and jailed for life but his 10-year minimum term was reduced to eight years.
> Sgt Blackman will be freed in weeks as he has already served more than three years in jail.
> The 2011 shooting took place after a British patrol base came under fire.
> One of two insurgents was seriously injured by gunfire from an Apache helicopter, the marines found him in a field.
> Footage from an unofficial helmet-mounted camera of another marine showed Blackman shooting the Afghan prisoner in the chest

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39417239

> be bong, serve 13 years in the Royal Marines
> mercy kill some Taliban cunt, get ratted out
> get a life sentence, almonds status : activated
>>
>>33454257
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjtzgWzh9fk
>>
Good. Fuck that cunt and fuck white people.
>>
>>33454257
Ain't war hell?
>>
>>33454273
Here's your (you)
>>
Wasn't ratted out if I remember

One of him team got investigated for a crime, his laptop was seized and they found the video on it and passed it on to the CPS
>>
>>33454273
fuck off leftishit
>>
>>33454257
Inb4 he gets beheaded
>>
>>33454257
nice way of changing what happened there

Brit and active serving here. blackman broke the geneva convention, a marine in his section recorded it on his helmet cam, because it was the norm at the time in afghan since the "our war" series came out. everyone and their mothers knew that if you wanted to record your time in afghanistan, it had to be passed through the MoD for clearance. so some bloke\bird in an office has to watch what you recorded. if it includes anything against the TACOS, SOP\I, or breaks any law in general, you'll be notified and put through an investigation. which is why most squaddies bring a laptop with them to edit the footage they got

He actively states "obviously this doesn't go anywhere, fellas. I just broke the Geneva Convention" in the recording after he put a couple rounds into the insurgent. the marine who recorded it was either a) too dumb to edit the footage out b) didn't want to and wanted to see his sect. charlie arrested c) forgot to edit it out.

I don't support his 10 year sentence, at all. but he should consider himself lucky that he isn't getting the full 30. He broke the law, he knew he did, and he didn't put enough action into removing any traces.
>>
File: GoodAnswer.png (619KB, 1085x703px) Image search: [Google]
GoodAnswer.png
619KB, 1085x703px
>>33454271
>shuffle off this mortal coil, ya cunt

Shakespeare is smiling from heaven
>>
>>33454311
I guess that's better but not by much. The Marine did the right thing by putting the poor cunt out of his misery, he just fucked up admitting breaking rules on the record.

I don't see what purpose it serves to court martial someone over "crime" in a war zone nobody complained about. Throwing your veterans under the bus over petty bullshit can't be good for morale.
>>
If he didn't want to follow rules of engagement, he shouldn't have joined the military.
Rule of law, etc. sound familiar?
>>
>>33454273
kek
>>
>>33454257
Yeah no what he did was definitely illegal.
>>
>marines are being arrested for killing people

What the fuck do we expect when we send them there?
>>
>>33454430

killing in the line of duty is one thing, executing a disabled enemy combatant posing no threat is another
>>
>>33454452
they kill our soldiers, and we're supposed to let them live when they get hurt?
if we're not in it to put every single jihadi in the ground, why are we there?
>>
>>33454257
Just shows that go pros should be banned
>>
>>33454452

Well I guess it doesn't apply to the UK, but in the US we give our police far more leeway when it comes to shooting non-combatants than our soliders, it doesn't seem to make much sense.
>>
>>33454457
Because in an ideal world, we're better than them. We aren't animals, and treat our adversaries with respect when they are combat-ineffective.

It's not an ideal world, but things like the Geneva and Hague conventions help keep ostfront-tier atrocities from happening to our troops in conventional war. But if we sign it, we're signing it for all war.
>>
>>33454457
If a taliban would slit the throat of a marine who lost his arm you would raging at that
>>
>>33454347
>He broke the law,
lol his lawyer sucked. A very good case could've been made that:
A: the taliban was an unlawful combatant
B: The taliban has no chance of survival even with full medical treatment.
C: The wounded fighter was experiencing great pain.
D: Because of B & C Blackman as forced to be humane and end the fighter's suffering.
>>
Why should the geneva convention apply to enemies that do not recognize it?

With no deterrent the laws have no effect on islamic militants or other fanatics.
>>
File: 1490692630009.jpg (321KB, 665x786px)
1490692630009.jpg
321KB, 665x786px
>>33454273
>>
>>33454498
Nobody expects them to do anything else.
>>
Goat fuckers don't deserve Geneva.
>>
>>33454475
>we treat our adversaries with respect

Wew, you're sheltered.
>>
>>33454347

>Broke the Geneva convention

FUCK
OFF.

INSURGENTS
ARE NOT
ENTITLED
TO THE RULES AND REGULATIONS
AS ESTABLISHED
BY
THE
GENEVA
CONVENTION

The Geneva convention extends only to SIGNATORIES OF the Geneva convention. Nations. They don't fight for a nation, they are not lawful combatant, they are not entitled to be protected, and as such a soldier may not be tried under violation of the Geneva convention. Troops can break laws established by THEIR military, but they are not tried in international court for actions against insurgents.

The only thing they are offered is from the 4th Geneva convention, which mandates that unlawful combatants may be "treated with humanity and, in case of trial, shall not be deprived of the rights of fair and regular trial"
>>
Are we really applying Geneva convention to illiterate third world subhumans?
>>
>>33454347
Insurgents and terrorists are not entitled to Geneva convention protections (unless civil war)
>>
>>33454271
the idiot admitted guilt. I don't necessarily have a problem with doing this but it would be better they didn't, and if it comes out you're gonna feel the full extent of the law, no two ways about it.
>>
>>33454257
>Royal Marine
This is how they call retards now?
Really makes you think.
>>
>>33454475
this isn't a fucking duel, this is war. if everything was supposed to be fair and carried out with the utmost respect you wouldn't have drone operators watching drunk arabs with 2nd grade educations fucking their goats before bombing them.

>>33454498
of course i would, but i can't expect anything else. it would probably be a better death for the guy too considering how the taliban treats POWs.
>>
>>33454528
>>33454537
Just because you don't understand or agree with international law doesn't make it so. What makes you think you understand it better than the experts?
>>
>>33454528
https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/ihl/WebART/375-590006

Signatory or not, all parties are bound.
>>
>>33454257
>shoot an injured combat
>whilst knowingly on camera
>whilst literally admitting to breaking the Geneva convention
Everything else aside, he was a dappy cunt, what did he expect?
>>
>>33454606
He was. Maybe he thought the camera wasn't recording or trusted the guy recording to delete it.
>>
>>33454586
UNLAWFUL COMBATANTS ARE NOT PROTECTED. We should be using nerve gas on Taliban strongholds, and WALL motherfuckers who don't turn themselves in.
>>
>>33454257
>Be soldier
>Do your job
>Go to prison

what
>>
>>33454625
Tell that to judge.
>>
>>33454644
Execution is not a soldiers job. Send them over to us, we have a collection in gitmo.
>>
>>33454644
He did his soldiering too well. You don't want to kill the people that would gladly cut off your genitals and stuff them in your mouth before burning you alive too badly, it might hurt their feelings.

Fuck, that's what I love right? The cunt he shot had just been half incinerated by a fucking Apache helicopter and was bleeding out. THAT was fine and THAT wasn't overkill, but 3 precious rounds of 5.56 were too HORRIBLE and EVIL to bear.
>>
>>33454646
I have.
>>
>>33454475
Holy kek. Amerishart never fail to amuse me
>>
>>33454475
>Because in an ideal world, we're better than them.
lol
What sort of retarded hillary voter would say something this stupid
>>
>>33454452
>killing in the line of duty is one thing, executing a disabled enemy combatant posing no threat is another

I wonder if you'd want to see this standard applied to my fellow german countrymen in WW2. Bc I have my doubts you would.
>>
>>33454500
It's not a question of law, its a question of politics
>>
>>33454312
I'm not even that guy, but I can't wait for America to crash and burn. The chink and ruskies can rape the world to oblivion for all I care if it means everything american will be tainted forever
>>
>>33454737
>>Because in an ideal world, we're better than them.
>What sort of retarded hillary voter would say something this stupid

wouldn't a lieral regressive claim we are at last the same, no better than them? going the extra mile, some would then even claim the reverse was true, them being better than us, bc of, you know, crusades and shiiieeeettt....
>>
>>33454271
>Government sees fit to kill man with apache gunship
>It's murder to shoot the same man
>>
>>33454763
That was a good war then m8, totally justified in strafing refugees and fire bombing cities.
These sorts of people never see a problem with killing whites, its only the savages that they will cry their crocodile tears over
>>
>>33454778
what
>>
>>33454775
T. A fatcunt on his way to McDonald's
>>
I agree that this is completely ridiculous, but hasn't this guy literally just been cleared of all charges?
>>
>>33454660
pretty sure he put him down with a BHP. I do agree with you though
>>
>>33454500

LMAO.

You expect any lawyer from a leftist nightmare to do that?

He would immediately be depicted as Islamophobic
>>
>>33454896
No, his sentence has been reduced to 7 or 8 years but he's been paroled after doing half the time. He is still dishonorably discharged and all, no reputable employer will want to hire him. Unless he secures a book deal fast, he's fucked.
>>
>>33455033
>Unless he secures a book deal fast, he's fucked.

what's the welfare status in the UK like?
>>
>>33454348
Loved that too
>>
If the Geneva Convention doesn't apply to Terrorists/Insurgents/whatever you want to call them...does that mean, technically, we could start gassing them? Or is that covered under some other treaty?
>>
>>33455033
Would the FFL take him?
>>
killing wounded insurgents is literally SOP for tons of units, his mistake was recording it and saying stupid shit in camera

"It looked like he was reaching for a grenade" is all it takes
>>
>>33454257
another blackman in jail
>>
File: 1462211327713.jpg (216KB, 836x955px) Image search: [Google]
1462211327713.jpg
216KB, 836x955px
Glad he will be out in 2 weeks. One time where our piss poor justice system trips itself up with its sentencing laws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpndiL_yy7U

Making him Serve 3 and a half years in prison is still a fucking disgrace.
>>
>>33455108
Probably not. He's 42 and they only take war criminals nobody knows about.
>>
>>33454348
he said it so quick and casual too.
>>
>>33455042
Dishonourably Discharged = Military wants nothing to do with you and everything you had with them is now void, regardless. So pensions, pay, house, etc etc
>>
>>33455042
Well, for a filthy uneducated Chav with 2 kids. Probably around £24k a year. Marine will probably get fuck all. Hopefully he can get by and have a decent remainder of his life.
>>
>>33455248
well, I have to believe that they can cut all your shit retroactively - it's the UK after all, a post dystopian Dystopia.

>>33455251
sad
>>
>britbong government allows veterans to be beheaded in the streets and jails their own soldiers for not wanting to waste valuable medical supplies on someone who would have happily dragged their naked body behind a pickup truck while they were still alive

yurop stronk
>>
>>33455509
they let their children be raped
But then again, the US is worse in every way, a vet being murdered by a black isn't even news in the USA
>>
>>33454347
>bong
>is actual retard

Really brews my coffee
>>
>>33454273
omg this
>>
>>33454257

>actually thinking bullshit like the Geneva convention and "humane/fair war" is a good thing
>jailing a soldier for killing the enemy

It's fucking war for Pete's sake. You don't go to war to play nice; you do it to win. If brutally slaughtering people helps you win, so be it.

Don't give me that crappy about not being allowed to kill "downed" combatants either. They're better off dead than wasting space in a cell my country has to pay for.
>>
>>33454646
what if we just bomb judge.
Like for real, what if some superpower like America just says fuck it and decides to no longer follow that convention?
What are they gunna do after we bomb their courts.
>>
>>33455535
lol
>>
>>33454257
well its a warcrime you dildo.
You people get buttmad if the daesh kills someone they captured yet its mercy killing if our guys do it.
I hate people with double standards.
>>
>>33455665

Much like the UN, they would write you a very strongly worded letter that recommends you stop this action immediately.
>>
>>33454475
found the grownup in a group of kids. you sir should not partake in this retarded shitpost fest
>>
>>33455665
>superpower like America just says fuck it
They pretty much already have. I doubt the Geneva convention allows you to thrown missiles from drones at mud shack you suspect may or may not house some bad guy.

The rules are only there to provide plausible deniability to everyone higher up the food chain.
>>
>shoot injured man
>dead

>leave injured man to die
>also dead but somehow better

bravo bongland
>>
>>33454257
Imagine how short wars would be, if all this Geneva convention BS wasn't binding if the president orders it so. If the only order is, kill the enemy at all costs.

Holy shit, imagine the fear the free world could instill into all the savage countries, if they knew, that if they cross a certain line, like killing children, selling women and girls into sex slavery etc, that order would come, and the berserks would be released.
>>
>>33454273
Honestly this desu famalam
>>
>>33455600
Good job convincing everyone, you illiterate armchair general.
>>
>>33455752
>>33455644

Take my (You) with a little advice, you'll do better posting your own bait instead of piggybacking off of somebody else's.
>>
>>33455734
it's got nothing to do with reason, principle or morals and ethics. the point is, you don't get to kill unless specifically ordered by the government. he killed that man (finished him off) by his own decision and outside of regulation which means he disregarded government power. the crime here is not the murder of a shitskin but the disregard for government rules. no govvernment can accept that, especially not when it's in the context of the exercise of deadly force. simply put, it's the government setting up a precendent to protect it's monopoly on violence. for example, here in Austria you can not use deadly force, ever. you may use force to defend your life but it has to be proportionate to the threat. and it can never be "too deadly" which is why hollow points are banned. if you shoot an armed intruder with a HP and kill him, you'll be prosecuted for premeditated murder. the reasoning is that HPs are deadly and you are not allowed to use deadly force. the death of an attacker may occur as a result of you defending yourself but it can never be the goal. don't sperg out on me about this - this is statist legal gobbledygook BS, not my opinion.
>>
>>33454347
fuckin faggots
>>
>>33455744

imagine how much better this board would be if 18+ was actually enforced
>>
>>33454475
This. If we sacrifice our values to defend our values, then we've already lost
>>
>>33455744
>like killing children, selling women and girls into sex slavery etc

why would the free world care about shitskin problems? we have tried to uplift them all and the only reaction was resent and terrorism. why can't the US instill some fear in their own negro savages and get them in line? the best thing you can do is build a wall and keep to yourself. if you want to be extra humanitarian, don't export arms to the niggers so they have to beat each other to death with clubs.
>>
>>33454257
He genuinely said, 'Alright lads, I am about to commit a crime on camera' on camera.
He's an idiot, should've known better, he's got off fairly well and all it'll take is a patreon account and Daily Mail/Sun readers and he'll be sorted financially.
>>
>>33454257
Really, he went to prison for being an idiot. If he wanted to kill the guy, all he needed was plausible deniability. I guess screaming "My golly! I think this lad goes for a detonator!" BAM! BAM! BAM!

In court, it's you who swears he saw him going for something in his west, vs. a dead guy and your buddies who can't swear to it, but probably won't deny the possibility.

Slap on the wrist and that's that.
>>
>>33455790
The problem is that it was caught on film & became public
Thats the only crime
>>
>>33454498
They slaughter unarmed civilians, the fuck you carrying on about? His only mistake was not letting that slag lay there and drown in his own blood while crying for his goats.
>>
>>33454578
What the "experts" say is hardly gospel. The art of the lawyer is making an objective rule as subjective as possible. In this case, the rule of unprivileged combatants. Although the term never comes up in the conventions, it is rather plainly outlined by the 4th convention as interpreted by the ICRC, civilians participating in hostilities are always considered unlawful and unprivelaged. A better defense would have gotten him off, but the fact he admitted guilt and the obviously politically charged trial had alot to do with his sentance
>>
>>33455859
sure, without footage, the government would have had a hard time finding out about it. but my point still stands. you don't get to kill at your own discretion. you kill when they tell you to. otherwise it's murder and you are fucked. I don't care. you ahve to be a pretty stupid shit to go to war for the UK and then also get filmed doing crime.
>>
>>33455818
>why would the free world care about shitskin problems?

Because there's money in it.

The world would be a much better place, if "might makes right" would be applied unapologetically.

For example, there would be no deals with the Saudis needed. All you do, is go in with all the high functioning psychopaths you can recruit and let them lose on the royal family. Then control their oil fields and lease out drilling rights to oil corporations.

I totally agree, build a wall between us and them, but also, fuck them up whenever it serves us without any consideration for proportional force or conventions.
>>
>>33454257
Leaf here, we had a similar thing happen. Poor haji bastard had his guts all over the ground and everything, virtually nothing the medic could have done. Technically, he had executed a prisoner/helpless enemy, and they utterly failed to take context into account. If they had, both of these men would have walked free. But hey, context be damned, letter of the law, yo. It's not like they were each putting an end to the incredible suffering of a person (though I hesitate to use this word in reference to jihadists) who was never going to make it anyway.
>>
imagine what would happen when IS finally get's their act together and has kids rigged up with TATP vests and AKs in London, Paris, Brussels and Berlin. What are the coppers gonna do? Shoot a 10 year old in the head so they don't trigger the TATP? It's going to be a blood bath bc the cops will fear the political backlash more than death by jihadi....
>>
>>33455668
>implying half the people here dont jerk off to isis execution videos
>>
>>33455992
You act like cops in these countries don't routinely shoot kids with plastic guns, cops are pro child killers
>>
>>33455812
>This. If we sacrifice our values to defend our values, then we've already lost
That soudns like a cop out. No power ever maintained their dominance by being nice and understanding, the West has become weak, that's all it is. As for values, what are they exactly? I don't think you could find one everybody living there would agree on.
>>
File: 164.jpg (14KB, 456x250px) Image search: [Google]
164.jpg
14KB, 456x250px
>>33455888
>For example, there would be no deals with the Saudis needed. All you do, is go in with all the high functioning psychopaths you can recruit and let them lose on the royal family. Then control their oil fields and lease out drilling rights to oil corporations.

Do you realize that the Saudi royals are in power specifically because it benefits the Western nations, and it accomplishes your implied objectives much more efficiently? The Saudis are clients of the US ... and all the anti-Saudi propaganda that everyone spews serves to cloud that because the truth is very uncomfortable for Americans, Saudis, and everyone else
>>
>>33456019
that's the US. I don't remember a kid getting shot in France, UK, Belgium or Germany. A kid was killed by a ricochet in Austria 12 or so years ago though.
>>
>>33454452

You say disabled enemy combatant, I say a terrorist reaching for a detonator. ;)
>>
Holy fuck I'm bleeding out. The edge in this thread is actually killing me.
>>
>>33456053
>Do you realize that the Saudi royals are in power specifically because it benefits the Western nations

It benefits the western *politicians*, not nations. The "sell your oil only for USD" is only a good deal, for whoever is in power to print the additional money that then gets taken off the market by oil. This is of course the FED and all the politicians that are in its pocket, which is pretty much every politician.

If the US had according to her constitution a genuine gold standard, having your (from the US governments perspective) companies produce the oil is a better deal, for you and your citizens. You get tax revenue (in gold) and the purchasing power per unit of gold compared to everything else that's dependent on oil (which is pretty much everything) increases. Meaning, savers get a return on their money, simply by not wasting it on Air Jordans or other crap they don't actually need, without the risk of investment and losing it all in the next (FED-induced) bubble.
>>
File: 1973_1833142i.jpg (34KB, 620x620px)
1973_1833142i.jpg
34KB, 620x620px
>>33456292
this is pretty much why Gaddafi had to die....
>>
>>33454271

winning hearts and minds
>>
>>33454271
>have shitskin muslim report about why killing shitskin muslims is bad

Rule Britannia!
>>
>>33454763

I would, provided you can manage and care for the prisoner(s).

Nice victim complex tho

>take over Europe
>try to subjugate it's languages/cultures
>omg guuuuuys why are you shooting us!
>>
>>33456398
>Nice victim complex tho

even nicer strawman. I asked if you are consequent with your application of these rules, I wasn't claiming WE DINDU NUFFINS!
>>
>>33454785
Not him, but
The type that would vote for Hillary think that we are a terrible civilization and are no better, if not worse than the muslims. >>33454475 believes that we are better than them, and should hold ourselves to a higher standard, which is not something a Hillary voter would say.
>>
>>33456329

omg he was so handsome
>>
>>33456489
>omg he was so handsome
more importantly, he was a cold war legend and hero of his people who did more for humanitarian work than all those alleged heros like the racists Gandhi and Mandela etc. combined. And then some trailer trash who's only claim to fame is being the wife of a cheating POTUS comes along and makes fun about murdering him? I was never as mad in my life as I was then...
>>
File: 1489807032362.jpg (45KB, 333x333px)
1489807032362.jpg
45KB, 333x333px
>>33456541
>more importantly, he was a cold war legend and hero of his people who did more for humanitarian work than all those alleged heros like the racists Gandhi and Mandela etc.

lol dude whatever
>>
>>33456563
you should look up what gandhi wrote about niggers before you open that mouth of yours. you should also look up what Nuhammar did bor Libya. I broke my leg there in 2005. received top notch medical care though.
>>
File: 1458331348745.jpg (161KB, 1080x720px)
1458331348745.jpg
161KB, 1080x720px
>>33456613
>you should look up what gandhi wrote about niggers before you open that mouth of yours

lol

who the fuck cares about ghandi
>>
>>33454273
(reply)
>>
>>33456613
>you should also look up what Nuhammar did bor Libya. I broke my leg there in 2005. received top notch medical care though.

well whoopty shit, what are you even talking about
>>
>>33456654
that in 2005 Libya was not a hellhole where you'd get murdered by sharia police, instead you'd get your leg fixed by competent doctors.

>>33456645
that's what you say now when somebody pushes your jewish shnoz into the turd that is ghandi's racism and paedophilia which you didn't here before from the MSM. talking shit about Ghandi and Mandela and backing it up was my major hobby at uni. all those butthurt first semester girls... delicious.
>>
>>33456692
>that in 2005 Libya was not a hellhole where you'd get murdered by sharia police, instead you'd get your leg fixed by competent doctors.

so what
>>
>>33456692
>that's what you say now when somebody pushes your jewish shnoz into the turd that is ghandi's racism

lol ur tarded
>>
>>33454578

Explain how he is incorrect in his interpretation.
>>
>>33454312
>implying lefties would be caught dead browsing /k/
>>
>>33456700
>>33456709
Juden. Sau Juden.
>>
>>33454273
Nigger?
Sand Nigger?
Wetback?
Either way gtfo you cancerous trash.
>>
>>33454508
Because The UK signed the Geneva Convention.
>>
>>33456700
>>33456709
The guy is rambling but he is correct. I'll put it as simply as I can while still making sense.
>Qaddafi creates modern ethnostate with modern infrastructure and modern quality of life, relatively speaking
>Ghandi organizes the liberation of his land, it immediately crumbles and becomes chaotic before finding an inferior equilibrium as two insane ethnostates
>Mandela is a terrorist who destroys a legitimate and stable, albeit cruel, state then squats on the remains and calls it a transition of power
>>
>>33454767
Yeah, politics War is politics. Soldiers are public servants.

It doesn't matter whether his actions were justified.
The UK orders its soldiers to follow these rules.
He didn't.
He's a soldier. He doesn't get to decide on what orders he feels like following

Fucker deserves more than 3 years.
>>
>>33456840
>>Mandela is a terrorist
This meme will never get old
>>
>>33456813
It is actually written in the conventions that it only applies to a conflict with two soverign nation's participating or in the case of a civil war. Article 3 outlines how the conventions shall apply in wars not fought in the afformentioned contexts.
>>
>>33455118
kek
>>
>>33456864
Is it wrong? Just because he put on a suit and played nice in victory doesn't make him a leader. You have to actually create something for that.
>>
>>33455722
>I doubt the Geneva convention allows you to thrown missiles from drones at mud shack
Also the Osama Bin-Laden raid that killed civilians.
>>
>>33455704
Please fuck off back to red.dit
>>
>>33456864
>This meme will never get old
the US considered him a terrorist until the Obama era. fuck off niggerlover.
>>
>>33454257

fuck em, i wouldnt waste my IFAK on a motherfucker that tried to take my head off with a dishka

are you fucking kidding me lol
>>
File: georgeandbuddy.jpg (69KB, 514x343px)
georgeandbuddy.jpg
69KB, 514x343px
>>33456920
>the US considered him a terrorist until the Obama era. fuck off niggerlover.

read a book
>>
>>33456987
>>>33456920
>>the US considered him a terrorist until the Obama era. fuck off niggerlover.
>read a book

BTFO
>>
File: 1484590085717.jpg (18KB, 639x621px) Image search: [Google]
1484590085717.jpg
18KB, 639x621px
>ITT: The United Armchair Judiciary of Americlapistan convenes to angrily vibrate their pissflaps because some dunce broke laws he is sworn to abide and protect and got fucked for it.

He got off easy and you're all hilariously degenerate for defending him. You're no better than the sheepfuckers and you will all die as a dorito-flavored stain on civility's memory.
>>
>>33456840
I think you're forgetting the part where Qaddafi shipped massive amounts of weapons to anybody who displayed any real or affected sympathies to left-wing Arab or Africa nationalists like the PFLP and his vision of Libya and the African Union.
>>
>>33457001
>>33456987
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2013/12/07/why-nelson-mandela-was-on-a-terrorism-watch-list-in-2008/?utm_term=.49846cb00e1e

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/us-government-considered-nelson-mandela-terrorist-until-2008-f2D11708787

BTFO indeed
>>
>>33456613
>free things equals freedom
Why do ghadaffi apologists always resort to this bullshit. He was a huge price of shot, not overthrown by an insurgency but by a genuinely popular people's movement. We could have had a highly educated and westernized democratic ally in North Africa had hillary and Obama not thrown that entire country to the wolves as they did with ambassador Stevens
>>
File: bushmandella.jpg (37KB, 605x328px)
bushmandella.jpg
37KB, 605x328px
>>33457040
>http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/us-government-considered-nelson-mandela-terrorist-until-2008-f2D11708787
>BTFO indeed

palling around with terrorists?
>>
>>33454273

Omg I hate white people now
>>
>>
>>33457020
Just because I don't like it doesn't mean it isn't what a modern state does and that he wasn't acting effectively in his people's interests.
>>
>>33457063
>free

nope. I paid for it. but hey, keep shitting on a guy who's shit its worth more than the complete Clinton clan squared.
>>
>>33457076
>>33457064

BTFO AGAIN!
>>
File: 1490592643140.jpg (140KB, 866x838px)
1490592643140.jpg
140KB, 866x838px
>>33454271
>>
>>33454475
This. If we are to judge these people as unworthy of life, it stands to reason that we must believe ourselves a more civilized people.

Case in point, quoting Shakesperian dialogue while contemplating the fate of your afghan prisoner.
>>
File: sad marco.jpg (629KB, 1024x1007px)
sad marco.jpg
629KB, 1024x1007px
>>33454578
Goddammit, we're never gonna win a fucking war against these fucking savages aren't we?

At this point the only way to win a war against hajis is to not go to war with them
>>
>>33456863
>Yes, because in battle, everyone does everything by the book always
literally never come out of your basement
>>
>>33455790
Underrated post
>>
>>33454257
But why would you shoot a man after blowing him up with a helicopter?
>>
>>33454781
see >>33454549
>>
>>33457290
>At this point the only way to win a war against hajis is to not go to war with them

It's nice to see Anons finally taking the Trudeau Pill.
>>
>>33454347

>"I just broke the Geneva Convention"

Could you show me where the Taliban signed the Geneva Convention?
>>
>>33454452
>killing a terrorist that you have already shot is another

fuck off
>>
We need a group of operators to prevent this shit from happening.
>call them the Black Knives.
>This bullshit happens.
>Judge wants to get promoted.
>wakes up the next day with a Sykes-Fairbairn embedded in his nightstand.
>SecDef wants womyn infantry.
>won't listen to facts.
>wakes up with a Sykes embedded on his kitchen table.
>dumbasses won't quit.
>they die in a knife mugging.
>>
>>33454475
>Because in an ideal world, we're better than them.

This is why liberals belong in gas chambers.
>>
>>33457444
Or you could just not admit to war crimes while being recorded.
>>
>>33457444
>>they die in a knife mugging.
you have no idea what kind of personal security even lower level eurocrats have do you? Merkel has more security these days than POTUS.
>>
>>33456374
>huffpost
>British
pic one, retard.
>>
File: 1409049470550.jpg (72KB, 469x463px)
1409049470550.jpg
72KB, 469x463px
>>33457444
>>call them the Black Knives.

Stopped reading right there, edgelord.
>>
>>33457435
Someone already pointed this out and got bent, this isn't how the Geneva Convention works, you don't know two flat fucks about international law, etc., see >>33457012.

At least read the fucking thread, palenigger.
>>
File: 1434472541218.jpg (134KB, 680x583px)
1434472541218.jpg
134KB, 680x583px
>>33457593
>>
>>33454452
>executing a disabled enemy combatant posing no threat is another
Calm down lads anon is right, it's another thing indeed; it's a humane mercy killing :^)
>>
>kill subhuman enemy
>go to prison
>get released from prison
>get beheaded by said subhuman enemy in your own homeland

The absolute fucking STATE of western Europe.
This is why a military caste is necessary to save the martial tradition.
>>
File: 1446916274091.gif (829KB, 150x250px)
1446916274091.gif
829KB, 150x250px
>>>/pol/
>>>/pol/
>>>/pol/

You all have to go back.
>>
>>33457701
>edgelord
>killing traitors that kill our civilization.
You better eat that creampie before you have your wive's son.
>>
>>33455509
>allows

How exactly did the government 'allow' that to happen? A nutcase ran up to an unarmed man and killed him with a knife, that can happen in any country.
>>
>>33457444
>We should have a paramilitary group called the Black Knives...
I'm not sure but I can only assume this is supposed to be some kind of Gestapo like polic..-

>...to intimidate and murder judges, political opponents and people I don't like into doing what I want
Please consider suicide, fashyboy.
>>
>>33454257
Because clearly executing an unarmed wounded prisoner minutes after a firefight totes isnt a warcrime. Shoulda learned from DEVGRU, just keep popping em after they go down if you wanna make sure they're dead. nobody gives a fuck if you do that, even if they did you'd just say that it looked like they were trying to "insert threatening motion here" and youre clear. guys to fucking stupid to be a royal marine.
>>
>>33454271
why do faggots have to talk so fucking gay and lispy?
>>
>>33458247
a person brought into the country, given welfare, then attacks an unarmed defenseless "soldier"
The British government is responsible for all aspects of that situation.

Why is there fucking africans in Europe?
>>
>>33458445
>"Mmmm Tyrone fuck my ass, then fuck my wife."
Don't worry faggot, you'll swing with your nigger pets.
>>
>>33458799
(You)
>>
Should've done what uncle Jimbo said "LOOK OUT ITS COMING RIGHT AT US"
>>
Serious question, would like a serious answer

Is war a war crime now?
>>
So other servicepeople: how often does this happen when it's not recorded? Anyone here murdered someone in battle?
>>
>>33458445
>fashyboy
For all you know he's a commie. They did the same shit to bully their way into power.
>>
>>33458906
Maybe, but CURRENT YEAR's maymay political ideology on 4chan is fascism. Also if you read his comment history in the archives it's full of bunch of Pinochet cakeboy larpshit.
>>
>>33458994
For you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rsb7dT6sEM
>>
>>33458994
Pinochet actually led the Chilean people to create a successful state not held down by retarded socialist policies.
>>
>>33459064
Yes but Pinochet was still a fascist.
>>
>>33459079
>>33459064
and also directly supported by the US government and for all intents and purposes put into power by the ((((CIA)))).
>>
>>33455042
Well, if he gets a tan, grows a beard, and converts to Islam then he's set for life.
>>
>>33458994
Wasn't Pinochet more of a despot than a fascist? Being militantly anti-communist in the face of widespread communist subversion and outright aggression doesn't make you a fascist in and of itself. They did totally ape the Reich's uniform fashion though.
>>
>>33456053
>and it accomplishes your implied objectives much more efficiently?
Is spreading Salafism through the world part of the plan?
>>
>>33459122
Chile was a "far-right military dictatorship under one party" was it not? Although I suppose he didn't fulfill the economic requirements that come with fascism, but I suspect the only reason Pinochet gets excluded from discussions about the ideology is because he was so cozy with the US.
>>
File: 1446401271432.jpg (68KB, 720x720px)
1446401271432.jpg
68KB, 720x720px
>>33454475
>We aren't animals, and treat our adversaries with respect when they are combat-ineffective.
We respected the Nazis because the Nazis were an actual military and not a guerrilla fighting force in a fucking desert. I swear to god you fucking retards would be screeching about muh respect if a suicide bomber was killed by a soldier after he survived his own suicide bomb.
>>
>>33456806
Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>33455535
>But then again, the US is worse in every way, a vet being murdered by a black isn't even news in the USA
Except for the part where killing a vet will usually put them near the top of the list of "I thought he was reaching for a gun" justified shootings right beside cop and kid killers.
>>
>>33455668
>daesh
Neck yourself. Call them what they are, Islamic moderates.
>>
>>33454257

So the Taliban are protected by the Geneva Conventions, but don't have to follow them themselves? How is that fair?
>>
>>33455908

The law says you were supposed to let him bleed out. Why not follow the law?
>>
>>33462047
Because the laws of man are not perfect.
>>
File: 1490690612861.png (43KB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
1490690612861.png
43KB, 459x459px
>teach man to kill the enemy
>punish him for killing the enemy
>>
>>33455744

You know what the funny thing is? If the UN actually did its job enforcing these rules on people other than western countries, there would be no killing children/sex slavery/ect. because all these ME factions would find themselves mass-imprisoned in Scheveningen the moment they bombed a civilian center. Imagine if the law was strong enough to actually arrest terrorist organizations. Imagine if the UN wasn't a joke.

Sure, you'd get a few dumb grunts arrested here and there, but to see all of ISIS and anyone trying to protect them (accomplices) get dragged from their homes to rot in a secluded rock on the other side of the world would be worth it.
>>
>>33455744
epic
>>
>>33457444
wew lad
>>
>>33457388
Kek are there more ofthese
>>
ITT, civ fags and people that need to redo their LOAC CBT.
>>
File: 1464958766440.gif (2MB, 400x300px)
1464958766440.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>33454271

>>
>>33462138
>You know what the funny thing is? If the UN actually did its job enforcing these rules on people other than western countries, there would be no killing children/sex slavery/ect. because all these ME factions would find themselves mass-imprisoned in Scheveningen the moment they bombed a civilian center. Imagine if the law was strong enough to actually arrest terrorist organizations. Imagine if the UN wasn't a joke.
>Sure, you'd get a few dumb grunts arrested here and there, but to see all of ISIS and anyone trying to protect them (accomplices) get dragged from their homes to rot in a secluded rock on the other side of the world would be worth it.
They need to have a task force that deals with groups that exist outside of civilization. Groups like ISIS that have no intention of ever following any rules should be stripped of their human rights. UN members should be legally forced to exterminate them. It sounds harsh but if these sort of groups had been purged early on less people would have died in the long run.

You would need careful restrictions such as it only applies to non-states and the leadership has to openly call for followers to commit war crimes, genocide or irrational cult like actions such as doomsday prophecies.
>>
>>33454276
>Ain't war hell?
Hellova fun, yes.
>>
>>33458864
In Iraq me and my squadmate killed our translator when he ran away after we were ambushed. We caught him and he begged because he told insurgents of our movements
>>
>>33457734

...nobody proved him wrong, some fat kid on the internet just vaguely appealed to a non-existent authority.

The Geneva Convention only applies to signatories, or non-signatories that mutually agree with a signatory to abide by it; deal with it.

t: All this shit below.

>In addition to the provisions which shall be implemented in peacetime, the present Convention shall apply to all cases of declared war or of any other armed conflict which may arise between two or more of the High Contracting Parties, even if the state of war is not recognized by one of them. The Convention shall also apply to all cases of partial or total occupation of the territory of a High Contracting Party, even if the said occupation meets with no armed resistance. Although one of the Powers in conflict may not be a party to the present Convention, the Powers who are parties thereto shall remain bound by it in their mutual relations. They shall furthermore be bound by the Convention in relation to the said Power, if the latter accepts and applies the provisions thereof.
>>
>>33458864
I have heard stories in Afghan of IED facilitators being driven into the dash, beaten and bashed. (interrogated) Then left to die in the desert.

>went to transport suspect to known location for intel gathering
> went around long route in desert due to insurgent activities in area
> suspect fled into the mountains
> lost suspect
> oh well. The indirect and IED's have seemed to stop in the area.
>>
>>33456356
Two in the heart, one in the mind
>>
>>33456292
beyond the whole "economics" meme what it really appears like is strategic demand. America has done a good job preserving massive amounts of oil, natural gas, and other non-renewable resources while simultaneously removing them in enormous quantities from the other nations of the earth.

Almost like the plan is to have everyone start to run out before we ramp up our production.
>>
Pretty confident that almost all of the shit in the Geneva Convention would be customary international law - which means that the Geneva convention prior to its signing, when it was signed, or after it was signed simply reflects/reflected/crystallized international law that would exist even if the convention didn't exist. If it's customary international law that means that it applies to every country in the world so long as they aren't a persistent objector (meaning they objected to it from the beginning of it becoming CIL, or from the time the country came into existence), and that's very difficult to prove. In either case, I imagine some if not most of the components of the GC are enshrined in British law and apply to soldiers even if they are serving overseas, meaning (and case in point the fact that they did) he can be charged under domestic law and the GC is simply the basis, inspiration or reiteration of those UK laws. There's clearly no legal basis for an argument saying he didn't breach the law, even disregarding the GC's existence. A domestic court in the UK system of law can't simply apply international law to a criminal case in almost all circumstances unless it has some domestic law to back it up. As far as I'm aware they can't use international law as the a basis to convict someone without some common law or domestic statutory basis.
>>
>>33455888
Money for who? You can't bring take wartrophies anymore. You can't get war brides. Hell, unless your uncle hooks you up, you probably can't even get in on the Halliburton crew that gets paid big money for """rebuilding.""" So basically the money is all filtering up to cocksuckers like Lindsay Graham and his friends and the Rothschilds and other trillionaires.

Savagery needs to make a big come back. Imagine a world where the Royal Marine in the story in OP gets to skullfuck a couple of MPs and machine gun a line of unlucky Labour and SNP officials. All because of the injustice done against him.
>>
>>33455070
Different treaty. Or rather, treaties. Not that it matters, gas is a shit weapon anyways.

Fun fact: even tear gas is banned from usage in warfare by treaty.
>>
>>33455665
Its funny you should say that...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Service-Members'_Protection_Act
>>
>>33454271

Based.
>>
>>33454273
>fuck white people

>SGT Blackman
>>
>>33454500
Are you fucking retarded?

Nothing there is a case to put forward for a murder.
>>
>>33454528
>I don't know the law
>Therefore I can talk about it with the complete authority that only ignorance brings
>>
>>33461237
>We respected the Nazis

No you didn't.

t. Nazi from >>33454763
>>
>>33464261
>Groups like ISIS that have no intention of ever following any rules should be stripped of their human rights.

Meanhile in the real world IS fighters return to the EU and get welfare.
>>
>Muslim

>Prisoner of war

No such thing.
>>
Why do people think "unlawful combatant" means "you can do anything you want cause the law won't apply to them"
>>
All the idiots in this thread...

What he did can not even loosely considered a crime, the Geneva and Hague conventions only apply to countries that signed the Geneva convention and are uniformed traditional armies. It offers absolutely no protection to amorphous fighting forces and insurgencies. Soldier A was convicted because of feelings not law
>>
>>33465873
Because the rules laid out in the convention specifically state it offers no protection to countries that didn't sign it. The entire motivation behind countries mutually signing the document is ensuring your soldiers will act humanely in return for being treated humanely. If it's not expressly against the rules it's not forbidden.
>>
>>33454257
>Send people into a warzone
>Demand they kill arbitrary targets indiscriminately
>Destroy their mental and physical health
>Pay them a pittance
>Imprison them because emotion got in the way of applying arbitrary rules to an insurgent who exists specifically to kill you
>"No, but, you have to help the injured, even if you intended to kill them moments earlier"
>Same rule does not apply to armour or aerial combat

Jesus.
>>
>>33465937
>Making up shit about his situation to make it sound worse

For what purpose?
>>
>>33465924
I think you're confused between "unlawful combatant status" and whether the Geneva convention applies or not.

It always applies.Unlawful combatant means the fighter can be prosecuted as a criminal.That's it. The conventions even state that until the unlawful combatant is tried they are to be treated as a POW.
>>
>>33465924
Unlawful combatant means you can be tried as a criminal for taking part in hostilities.

It doesn't mean the law stops applying to you.
>>
>>33454500
Pretty clear case of double tap though.
>>
>>33465834
You would have to be like 90 years old
>>
>>33454475
NO. in the "real world" you go to war to fucking destroy your enemy. that means you fucking kill them until they are dead.
is it brutal? yes.
but that's fucking war. that's the whole idea. war is about killing / destroying the enemy. FUCK.
>>
>>33454271
>Shuffle off this mortal coil, ya cunt.

Fucking straight up warrior, too bad his command are pussies
>>
>>33454271
>Giving a huff post video views

That said, the comments section is based af
>>
>>33454257
>summarily executes a prisoner
>gets sent to prison for his crimes
>OP pissed off
why?
>>
>>33454775
Aw...Did America hurt your fee fees?
>>
>>33466020
Andrew Wiggin pls go
>>
>>33464799
I have always believed this. People wonder why we get a lot of our raw materials from outside the states when we have most of those resources here. I always tell them its better to use up everyone else's stuff and then when they run out we turn around tap into our supply and watch the rest of the world collapse.
>>
>>33457064
>palling around with terrorists
nothing new to see here
>>
>>33466020
Lmao well when you decide to start being an adult instead of an emotional edgelord then maybe we can have a legit discussion.
>>
>>33465937
You're forgetting they volunteered to do this
>>
File: 1490357086630.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1490357086630.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>33454273
>>
>>33455248

His discharged remains but it is no longer dishonourable
>>
>>33466057
>>33466035
MAYBE YOU WANT TO BRING THEM FLOWERS AND CANDY INSTEAD
>>
>>33465937
Well when you consider how there use to be line tactics, stand in formation, square up against another formation, volley fire. It's a bit of a step up the modern way things are done. Generally there are rules of engagement for a good reason it's kind of difficult to assess what's a fatal wound or not with modern medical science, once it advances a bit more to the point can regenerate people rather than just preventing them from dying it'd be a much bigger issue.
>>
File: 1487887006406.gif (456KB, 160x159px)
1487887006406.gif
456KB, 160x159px
>>33454257
>>33454271

'murder in combat'
>>
>>33466068
kek'd at this
>>
>>33454257
they should stop using 5.6 ammunition. It was itendly design to wound and not to kill. The idea was that enemy resources are bounded to take care of the wounded and it would mor demoralise the enemy.

But its total useless if you bound your own medical resources to take care of the enemy.
They should switch to 7.62 for fighting talibans ....
>>
>>33466356
Ah, internet experts pitching hearsay as facts
>>
>>33466385
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/robert-farago/marine-223-may-not-be-lethal-enough-for-civilians/
>>
Not a leftieshit and I think the prison sentence given to the bootneck is too harsh but I think it's good to prevent a precedent being set that just allows soldiers to execute injured enemy combatants (unlawful or otherwise).
>>
>>33466437
Murder being illegal is hardly a precedent.
>>
>>33466541
Eh, I don't think it's murder. The conditions a soldier is under thousands of miles away from home, likely has significant emotional trauma and/or PTSD all need to be taken into account. We can't apply the same rules we apply to civilians to soldiers on ops.

Still, he's a fucking Royal Marine who underwent 32 weeks of training to earn his green beret. Not to mention he's an NCO. He's not a baby and shouldn't be treated as such. He fucked up - that's all there is to it.
>>
File: Attempt.jpg (554KB, 1200x1138px)
Attempt.jpg
554KB, 1200x1138px
>>33454257
>>33454271

Thoughts?
>>
>>33466894
Too much, would be way better if you had a weary soldier in a classy pic then have text in the top-right corner that is just the quote
>>
File: Arse.jpg (1MB, 3600x3000px)
Arse.jpg
1MB, 3600x3000px
>>33466934
Got one in mind? I couldn't find one like that to work with.

In the meantime, I made this one as well.
>>
>>33466541
>murder
the soldier is trained to kill, and goes to war with the explicit mission to kill/destroy the enemy.
Murder is not the word for it.
more like "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!"

GOD YOU LIBERAL FAGGOTS ARE PATHETIC JUST JUMPING ONBOARD AND JOINING IN WITH THIS LIBERAL MEDIA BULLSHIT OPINIONS
>>
This is why you dont bring cameras outside the wire.

How the fuck do you rat on your own dudes?

Fucking bongs.
>>
>>33466356
>designed to wound

You are a special fucking person aren't you?

Nowhere does any official publication or data state that. The idea was to make the round light as possible in order to carry as much of it as possible.

Retards on the internet see the therm "greater wound potential" and decide it means HURR DIS MEAN IT WAS ONLY MADE TO HURT PEEPOLE

SOST ammo kills fuckers dead, which is why the marines adopted it after seeing what it does in the hands of SOCOM. 5.56 is just fine if you arent shooting shit rounds through it.

christ.
>>
>>33467111
His friend was being investigated for child pornography possession and when they went through his videos they found that.
>>
>>33467324
Nah you see he hadn't gotten his porn license yet. The idiot didn't want to pay the 50 pound registration fee and thus they raided his house.
>>
>>33467036
>you are trained to show up from a perimeter you are holding several km away to a contact you had no part in, record yourself on video for several hours stating that you are going to break the law, break the law and when you end up in court for it go on about muh ptsd
>>
>>33458799
>edgy : the post
>>
>>33459093
and it was sure the very first time the US supported a dictator
>>
all of you are massive /cucks/ why do you care about some faggot terrorist?
>M-MUH R-RULES A-AND REGULATIONS
go away
this man did the right thing
>>
>>33454257
Just goes to show that the authorities really will use any excuse to send a Blackman to prison.
>>
File: grey4.jpg (302KB, 1000x666px)
grey4.jpg
302KB, 1000x666px
>>33454348
yep that was perfect
>tfw you will never break the geneva convention to kill goatfuckers
Using JHP is a good start though right?
>>
Role reversal if a marine was found he would be tortured while being filmed and body hung up in the town square. But hey Geneva convention am I right guys?
>>
>>33454257
Unbelievable. War is shitty. Shit happens. This fucking insurgent had already been lit the fuck up, and even with modern medicine wouldn't have seen the day out.

So this guy, intentions vile or noble, pops him and ends his suffering a day early, and he lands 10 fucking years in jail. Fucking fuck. So fucking backwards.
>>
>>33457734
>this isn't how the Geneva Convention works
It is, insurgents are detainees by definition when taken prisoner. They are not afforded the same rights as uniformed combatants would as prisoners of war.
>>
>>33467710
Or burned to death in a cage.
But hey, Geneva convention!
>>
File: prank.jpg (73KB, 634x357px)
prank.jpg
73KB, 634x357px
>>33468022
You mean the Geneva Convention bans pranks too?
>>
>>33454524
>that reading comprehension
>>
>>33454452
Except when they're known to wear explosive vests and hold grenades when they are wounded, waiting until a corpsman gets close enough to administer first aid and then...
>BOOM

shoot em all
>>
File: baito.jpg (12KB, 252x256px) Image search: [Google]
baito.jpg
12KB, 252x256px
>>33454273
>>
File: 1257320125990.jpg (126KB, 450x373px)
1257320125990.jpg
126KB, 450x373px
>murder in combat
>>
>>33459239
But Hitler was a socialist, not far right. And I'm pretty sure the Prussian style military was popular in South America before Hitler.
>>
>>33456863
kill yourself
>>
>>33457983
We're living rent free in your head, boy-o, and there isn't jack shit you can do about it.
>>
>>33466035
Fuck you, and fuck the Buggers.

Ps. Peter did nothing wrong.
>>
>>33454257
ITT: Moral fags and egdelords
>>
File: maxresdefault-3.jpg (292KB, 1920x1080px)
maxresdefault-3.jpg
292KB, 1920x1080px
>>33454271
>Shuffle off this mortal coil, ya cunt
>>
>>33466590
>Eh, I don't think it's murder.
Well, it isn't up to you. Executing a POW is illegal.
>>
>>33469545
if you consider the taliban shits not soldiers. do the geneva conventions even apply?
>>
The way we (the British) interpret geneva is, from what I can tell, objectively wrong
It only applies to uniformed enemies, ie ones that you can distinguish from an unarmed goat farmer
Since the towelheads aren't uniformed, we shouldn't have any mandate to follow the convention when it comes to them, but we've decided to give them the privileges of it because ????????
HOWEVER, this man is 100% in the wrong and is stupidly lucky. He broke the rules and his orders, and it doesn't matter that he did the right thing morally, he did the wrong thing as a soldier and fuck off if you think you can have the moral high ground as a soldier, especially one of ours. I have the utmost respect for our forces and would like to join them if not for the 'tism, but we are not the good guys in most situations. That's how it is, and if you can't handle it then you really, really shouldn't have signed up to go to bumfuckistan and fight people whose country was fucked by your country.
>>
>>33469694

>were the bad guy!

arabic has 6 words for deceit
>>
>>33469748
We're objectively the bad lot because we did all the destabilizing and bombing and shit.
I don't think it means we should lay down and take it but saying we're not the cause of a lot of it is just lying. I'm actually pissed that we keep up the pretense of being there for anything other than the arms we ship to our enemies, we could at least take some of their natural resources while we're bleeding on the ground.
I understand that Islam is liable to start another stupid fucking crusade and that dealing with that is important, but they haven't started yet and you can't say that it's 100% assured to happen.
>>
>>33457290
Ask the soviets how maximizing enemy KIA at the cost of brutality win wars.
>>
>>33469545
I said I don't consider it murder, not that I don't consider it a crime.

Executing an injured enemy combatant in a theatre of war is not the same as a premeditated murder of a civilian in a safe first world country.
>>
Would a medic be allowed to mercy kill someone?
>>
>>33470842
No, not officially at least.
>>
I am all for shooting people who are super fucked up and going to die. Unless they deserve to be in agony but most average combatants really don't. If the humanitarian aspect of this was brought up by the defense they sucked at it.

The thing I don't agree with the making a show of it and I think that's what nailed the guy. If you were doing it as a simple kindness you could have the sense to wait until all eyes weren't in the guy and put his lights out with one round. Not a burst then gloating about it.
>>
File: 1425792422660.gif (953KB, 500x282px)
1425792422660.gif
953KB, 500x282px
>>33454271
>murder in combat
>>
>>33454775
You must be 18 to post on this website.
>>
>>33464786
>>33456356
Holy shit, someone make this the new /k/ banner.
>>
>>33464573
Damn. That's some shit.

I mean, he got what was coming to him, but fuck.
>>
>>33454452

Easy to say from a nice comfy house over the internet. The air force would not have hesitated to execute that guy if they were looking at him through a drone camera.

If he had just lied about it and said he was reaching for something he wouldn't even have gotten a slap on the wrist.

Purely a political move.
Thread posts: 299
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.