[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>x gun is fun to shoot What the fuck does it even mean? Have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1489124359801.jpg (195KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489124359801.jpg
195KB, 1080x720px
>x gun is fun to shoot
What the fuck does it even mean? Have you ever held a gun that's awful to shoot?

Pic is only /k/ related thing on my phone.
>>
You know the opposite of fun isn't awful right.I personally think AKs and Lever actions are more fun to shoot that ARs, and revolvers are more than most semi autos.i think .40S&W is more fun to shoot than 9mm. Kinda depends in what it is you like about guns and how the gun itself fits the person.
>>
File: S&W 38 airweight.jpg (95KB, 760x1017px) Image search: [Google]
S&W 38 airweight.jpg
95KB, 760x1017px
I own a snub nose .38 S&W that isnt fun to shoot. It bruises my hand after more than a few rounds.

I probably just need to sell the .38, since I dont shoot it anymore, but it was my dad's, and wouldnt sell for very much, so I'll most likely just keep it.

pic related
>>
AK - fun to shoot
AR - boring, not as fun to shoot
>>
>>33453905
>Have you ever held a gun that's awful to shoot?
SA80. Heavy, badly balanced, gets super hot, and the SUSAT sight sucks.
>>
>>33453905
makarovs are not fun to shoot for me
>>
>>33454469
i agree
t. AR owner
>>
Pistol-grip only shotguns, sub-16oz .357MAGs with full-house loads, a BHP that gave bad hammer bite...

I've never encountered anything shoulder-fired that was unpleasant -- as in, firing a round or three and not wanting to go any further -- but handguns can cause problems for all sorts of reasons.

As for pure enjoyment, I don't get much fun out of most long guns. My Garand is about it. ARs, AKs, various other 5.56 semi-autos -- they all bore me.
>>
A highpoint will never put a smile on your face, only fear and disappointment

>t. Highpoint owner
>>
Under slung AK. Literally not enjoyable. 12g slug pump shotgun is at least fun for shits and giggles.
>>
>>33453905
My TC is fun as shit to shoot.
>>
File: do not poke dah snek.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
do not poke dah snek.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>33454469
Standard or modded?

ARs are fun when you mod the fuck out of them. Side charging handle, 20 inch heavy barrel, forward grip, maybe add a red dot (always was sort of an iron sights person), gas piston, and a new trigger. Maybe for the hell of it, add a nice ol' laminated wood stock.

Fuck, I wish I didn't live in NJ.
>>
>>33453905

Yes, absolutely. A friend's grandfather passed away and left behind some sporterized 1903s with '50s optics, and we took them out to the range to try them. They were god-awful, nothing in the way of accuracy and so light that both of us gave up after a 20rd box each of ammo because our shoulders were screaming.
>>
>>33453905
almost all autoloaders are boring as fuck to shoot. there are exceptions (A5, M1 Garand, full funs, etc.) but generally speaking they are pretty mindless and uninteresting.
>>
Fun: AK magdump while sprinting
Not fun: plinking from a bench with any repeating rifle
>>
>>33455028
The Kel-Tec KSG is pretty awful. No recoil mitigation, the feed system is finicky, and the fact it can't do alternating feed or auto-switch between mags is annoying.
>>
>>33453905
yes, a Glock
>x gun is fun to shoot
What the fuck does it even mean?
clearly you have never picked up a gun that was new to you and found yourself grinning like an idiot and thinking "Man, I need to get one of these"
>>
>>33454469
>>33454993
>>33455064
ARs and other modern semiautos are fun to shoot when their boringness is contributing to your ability to win.

Static shooting on a square range is boring as fuck in general, unless you're shooting something mechanically interesting.
>>
Most fun to shoot? m1 garand, nuff said.
>>
>>33456627
>tfw no one makes Rube Goldberg machine targets that take at least 5 minutes to finish doing, finishing off with an massive tannerite explosion
>>
friend had a .44 2" barrel. that fuck was no fun at all.

rather dig holes in red ga clay in august that shoot that fucking thing.
>>
>>33453905
Yes. More than one.
>>
50bmg ar uppers are not at all fun to shoot. Watched 2 people in a row line up and bleed from the forehead. I held tight enough to not get scoped but I probably didn't hit shit.

They are the definition of an unfun firearm.
>>
>>33453905
Norinco JW15, mags problems, poor accuracy, bolt was very far from smooth operating.
>>
>>33455091
>While sprinting

How do you avoid running into the bullets?
>>
>>33454984
They're just a semiauto, why not?
>>
>>33454984
I fucking love shooting fixed barrel guns. They bite a little but they are so easy to keep on target.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.