[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Felons & Firearms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 1489635633235.jpg (69KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489635633235.jpg
69KB, 720x720px
Do you guys believe a Felon who has served his sentence, be able to buy/own firearms?
>>
>>33453247
Depends on what they did to be a felon
>>
>>33453250
That's irrelevant. If they were released that means that the state finds them safe enough to go back to society.

If they didn't trust them with firearms they shouldn't have been let out.
>>
>>33453247
I'm not american, what kind of crimes are considered a "felony" ?
>>
>>33453280
Would you let a convicted child rapist near your kid. He paid his debt to society and the state deemed him safe enough to be released to the public but he's still not allowed near children.
>>
>>33453250
/thread
>>33453280
The state is fucking dumb.
We've already established that.
This what what YOU think, not the state.
>>33453247
Any violent offenders deserve a retrial to understand circumstances as long as it isn't an obvious legitimate claim.

However I don't really...fuck, I mean, most of the people who are actually in prison for a felony did some pretty serious shit.
I don't exactly want druggies having guns (I've known a good few as I helped the homeless) and I wouldn't even trust them with sharp objects.
With exceptions, most would just go out, rob people, buy drugs, get caught, repeat ad infinitum.

Pedos just need to be gassed so...yeah.

And violent offenders no matter how reformed are still lumped in with those who just faked it to get out.
So, having said that, I think it ought to pretty much stay as is.
You can appeal to get your rights back.
I do think it ought to be more along the lines of shall issue in that they'll give them back if they review your case and have an interview and deem you not nuts.

But none of this would really deter them from obtaining armaments anyways.
So why the fuck do it?
In all reality the main problem is them getting out, and that's a whole 'nother can of worms I don't have the mental capacity for tonight.
I'm not saying they should or shouldn't get out. Simply saying it's part of this conversation.
>>
>>33453247
Sure.

>>33453250
I lean on this, but then comes the question, if they're too dangerous to be armed, should they be allowed back into society?

>>33453336
Kind of an emotional appeal you have there.
>>
>>33453280
Where would you draw the line then? Not arguing for or against, just seeing what you would think would be a proper limit
>>
>>33453336
I would not let my kids near a pedo molester no. But if he has served his/her sentence I won't mind him/her owning a gun. Maybe they'll use it to kill themselves when they realize how shit their life is now.
>>
>>33453365
That would add to a gun violence statistic.
Just let them use an exit bag or hang themselves; they don't need a gun to kill themselves.
No need to ruin things for the rest of us
>>
>>33453336
Being allowed to live near children and schools isn't a right, owning a firearm is a right.

Your analogy/emotional appeal/moral grand standing is retarded and pointless.

If Felons shouldn't own guns then you're admitting that the 2nd amendment isn't inalienable, and if the 2nd isn't, then the rest aren't either.
>>
Yes, absolutely. Once released from prison, all rights should be restored. Having a second class of citizens is incompatible with the principles of freedom and equality our nation claims to honor.

If we can't trust the person with firearms, why are we letting them out of prison?
>>
>>33453375
Who gives a fuck?

Gun violence will never go away anyways?

Also suicide isn't gun violence.

And it's a pedo so again who gives a fuck?
>>
>>33453390
First off, they've been quietly lumping suicides in with gun violence statistics and calling it gun death rates.

Second, again, I don't give a fuck about them dying, I care about statistics.
The fewer people kill themselves via firearm the better those statistics look to even the dumbest of antifuns.
>>
>>33453405
If it bothers you so much maybe you should treat the problem not the symptom dumbass.
>>
>>33453280
>>33453387
This. In Alaska You get some native person who commits a non violent felony, like bootlegging, and they go to jail for however long then return to their village. Some of these people subsistence hunt.
>>
>>33453336
>Would you let a convicted child rapist near your kid.
Not unsupervised, no.

>He paid his debt to society and the state deemed him safe enough to be released to the public
Which is irrelevant to the previous question. The public does not have a right to spend time with my hypothetical child. There are plenty of non-criminals I would not allow in the company of my child, either.

>but he's still not allowed near children.
That should be a matter for individual parents to determine, not a blanket ban by the state.
>>
>>33453306

Pretty much everything at this fucking point.
>>
But you browsing this website makes you a felon by default, Mr. Anderson.
>>
>>33453418
Which problem/symptom?
Pedos existing or suicide rates?
Because both of those are out of my control.

It's simply idiots thinking the gun made them do it that contributes to the gun stuff being fucked up.

And the pedos are...well, pedos.
Doesn't matter how much any culture hates and discourages it, we still have sickos of all forms.
>>
>>33453489
I mean helping mentally ill people and people who are suicidal.
>>
>>33453505
No idea how to fix that and it's irrelevant to this thread.

I simply stated I didn't want felons able to shoot themselves because it would effect statistics.

Not that I hated people being able to shoot themselves (though I do)

But mental health is not an easy thing to fix as it is at best a pseudoscience and at worst complete voodoo.
>>
>>33453280
>If they were released that means that the state finds them safe enough to go back to society.

We call that parole.
>>
>>33453280
if the felony is irrelevant then i would say they should never be afforded the right to purchase or own a firearm
>>
>>33453247
Nah, violent felony involving a gun means he's barred from his rights. Secondly, fuck a life sentence. I'm not paying for you to have a good life in a warm bed for the rest of your life. If it is 100% that you committed the crime you'll be given a piece of paper and pen to write your will. Once that's done you'll be given a length of rope and tie your own noose.
>>
>>33454507
>Once that's done you'll be given a length of rope and tie your own noose.

Do you really expect the average nigger (or even the average normie) to know how to tie a noose?
>>
>>33454529
>LOCAL DEATH ROW INMATE PUSHED OFF A STOOL 197 TIMES, "COULD NOT TIE A NOOSE", CORRECTIONS OFFICER STATES,
>>
>>33454507
>If it 100% very unlikely
>Nice warm bed
Prison is maybe appealing in that way if you were homeless, but just barely.
Anyway, if i cant kill fellow citizens, the state shouldn't be able to either.
>>
>>33453247
repeat violent felons should have to go through an appealment process, thats about all I think should happen though.
>>
>>33454614
Lol what? Come get incarcerated in Louisiana then. Billions get pumped into Angola annually. Hell, you can get better work being a con and get better fed than most people there.
>>
>>33453375
>need
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>33455900
And if we don't infringe on the part of fucking subhuman childfuckers and idiots who join gangs then we're doing ourselves as gunnuts a disservice.

Shall not be infringed applies to people.
This goes back to what I was saying earlier; people can reform. Others can lie about being reformed.
Fuck them either way.
>>
>>33453247
Here's a question. Misdemeanor dv, should they be able to own firearms or not?
>>
>>33453247
Yes. If they can't be trusted with a firearm they shouldn't be trusted back in public. It's not like they won't just get a gun illegally if they want one anyway.
>>
>>33453351
>You can appeal to get your rights back
This literally means they aren't rights.
>>
>>33456000
I understand this.
As I said later on in my post that for now this is about as easy as it should be, however the main problem is where we draw the line for felons as humans.
The other problem is where we draw the line in terms of-FUCK IT, SCREW FELONS, okay, nobody seems to understand that this is a problem with NO. ANSWER.
Felons will get guns either way, however do I REALLY want them to be ABLE to purchase a gun straight from the store so as to make gun stores look bad?

Do I REALLY want them to not have to actively search for an arms dealer or someone to steal a firearms from?

Again, no really good answers except "fuck felons" and that would end up killing more innocent people than evil people, and there's no neeed for evil people to ruin something for okay people.
>>
Any violent felony crime, then no, fuck them.

if it was non violent and they did their time then I don't see it as a problem depending on what it was.
>>
>>33453390
>>33453351
>kill all pedos
Even the innocent ones? Not all pedophiles are child molesters.
>>
>>33453250
if they are black then no
>>
>>33453247
Violent felons absolutely should not have guns
>>
>>33456065
Yes, because like drugs while they may not personally harm people they fuel a culture that does.

Have you ever talked with a child rape victim? Shit fucks human beings well beyond anything else does. It helps to make people barely functional.
>>
>>33456000
You're given a right until you consciously forfeit it. You don't accidentally a classroom full of children with a baseball bat.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.