[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ausfag Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: circuit_judge_22_3-tfb.jpg (12KB, 900x249px) Image search: [Google]
circuit_judge_22_3-tfb.jpg
12KB, 900x249px
So after getting my CatAB, how do I go about getting a gun? I know I need to get a PTA, but do I get the PTA then go to buy the gun or? Also What is the process for buying guns online from say https://www.cleaverfirearms.com/ or https://www.usedguns.com.au/?

Also has anyone shot a tarus circuit judge rifle? are they any good?
>>
>>33452347

BUMP for ausbro
>>
>>33452347
It will depend slightly on your state. But the general process is:

>Pick up/print off a PTA form from eith the police station or their website
>Find a gun you want
>Tell the man selling it that you'd like to buy it, you'l probably pay a deposit and write down serial number, caliber etc. if you're really confused get the dealer to help you.
>Hand in the PTA to the police, some states will let you do all this online.
>Wait
>Between 5 minutes to 5 months later, you'll get your completed PTA handed to you, posted to you or whatever happens in online-PTA states
>Take this to the dealer and swap it for your gun

Now if you don't know exactly what you want, some states will let you submit a "blank" PTA. Which is where you just write the category, calibre and action type of a gun you know of, then the dealer can just change it in the store. I'd recommend against doing this if possible but it is an option.
It will vary by state, some states it's easy as piss (NT for example) and some are hard (eg. WA). The thing that will be an issue is what your genuine reason for applying for a gun is. Usually you just write hunting and everything will get OK'd.

Buying from websites you simply pay them and they will post the gun to a dealer you nominate, you then do the same process as above for your local dealership.

As for the circuit judge, they're shit. The .44 mag one is pretty neat. The .22 one is inaccurate, Taurus is not known for their quality. You can't shoot them as fast as you think you can and the novelty wears off, but after a while. But if you just want something fun to blast cans with, find one for a good price.
>>
>>33452347
>how do I go about getting a gun?

Beat up a cop, take theirs.
>>
>>33452347
It's super simple mate. You can buy the gun first and then do your PTA, or you can do the PTA first and then take the PTA to the shop to pick up the gun. Either way you can't walk out of the shop with the gun in your hands until you have both paid the shop for the gun and acquired a PTA to show them at the shop. Depending on your state, although I imagine you're in QLD if you're talking about Cleavers, you can do your PTA online. If you know vaguely what gun you want (action type and calibre) then fucking get on with it right now. It's only like $17 or something.

PTAs are fucking stupid and should be abolished btw, they achieve nothing except making gun owners and gun shop owners lives harder.

When you buy a gun off Cleavers you can follow my advice above in regards to sorting out a PTA, then you pay them online using your credit card and go pick it up from the store. Alternatively, if you're uncomfortable about buying a gun sight unseen, go in and handle the gun and buy it in person. Fuck me, you should really go in and handle a heap of different guns, pick the one you like, go do your PTA for it, come back and buy the cunt. (or once again, know vaguely what action and calibre you want so you have a PTA pre filled out and you can buy it right then and there)

Haven't tried these revolving carbines personally although they are basically as close to a semi automatic as you can get on Cat A/B so they're worth having a look at. Why don't you investigate them further and come tell aus/k/ what you think of them?

I'm sure I had similar questions to you when I started but the thing you need to realise is that none of this is complicated or hard. It's the same process as buying a tennis racket, except you need a permission slip from the police at some point of the transaction. Enjoy your first gun mate, welcome to shooting.
>>
>>33452347
You apply for the PTA. Just put the calibre and magazine size, dealer details, and nothing else.
PTA arrives in the mail.
Take PTA to gun store
Buy gun
>>
>>33452347
Check out Remington 7600 in .308.
Pump action .308 with 10 round mags
>>
>>33452347
Bump for Ausbro.
Move to NZ m8. Get an sks m14 ar15 and ak like me
>>
We should hold our own Nuggetfest

Don't suppose anyone has access to land out bush?
>>
File: Capture.png (8KB, 342x77px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8KB, 342x77px
Is he /ourguy/
>>
Still don't have my licence, but I've basically already got an idea of like the first four guns I want. But for now, waiting...

I wish I could just buy a large block of land like at the very north coast of WA, declare myself independent, and live out my days being a weirdo with my own laws, and trading bananas for rice with Indonesian fishermen.
>>
Anyone know of any decent ranges in SA for long distance shooting?

I'm thinking about getting a Tikka T3 in 6.5 swiss as my first gun, but aside from a block my aunt and uncle own out in the barossa, I don't really have anywhere to shoot.
>>
>>33454175
Your backyard?
>>
>>33454494
You think I'd be asking this question if I had a back yard that I could shoot in?
>>
>>33454612
Well why don't you? Auscuckistan is a big place and there's just like 10 mill of you fuckers.
>>
>>33457009
>American education
>>
File: 2.jpg (94KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
94KB, 600x604px
>>33457009
It's a suburban back yard, ~15 metres is the farthest I could shoot in it and that's not including a backstop and other safety measures.
>>
>>33454494
I would wager that anyone's first gun should be a .22. Very cheap to shoot (10c/round in aus) and many options available (pump/lever/bolt)

Easy to get into and makes it easy to learn and practice basic marksmanship principles.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.