[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STEYR M9A1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: steyr_l9-a1_left.png (290KB, 1000x556px) Image search: [Google]
steyr_l9-a1_left.png
290KB, 1000x556px
>sees price

Why still so unpopular
>>
>>33451323
Because the majority of the population, let alone gun owners, don't know much outside of whatever is popular or well known.
>>
Because if you shop around you can get a glock for the same price.

The steyr is neat. It's rad as hell. But it's not the gun you get instead of a glock, it's the gun you get after a glock for the novelty.
>>
>>33451323
Most casual gun owners don't seem to know it exists. It's not something I see in gun stores display counters either. It's also not what I would call "conventionally beautiful."
>>
>>33451323

Ive never actually held one. Ive always wanted to fingerfuck one cause they look cool as fuck, like a phaser or some shit. Plus the sights are pretty neat.
>>
>>33451323
Because they don't pay to get "reviewed" buy gun magazines and channels. So, you never see anyone talk about them.
>>
>>33451363
They're better than a Glock in every way.
>>
>>33451323
I'd buy one if I could find one here in MA
>>
>>33451323
literally only two downsides I see
1, it's a little thick in the width
2, Steyr stopped making 357sig barrels
but I'm still gonna get one, but haven't decided between the compact or the full size version
>>
>>33451323
L9A1 is on my short list

they just look so damn c o m f y
>>
>>33451466
>capacity
>mag price
>trigger once you include aftermarket
They have better ergos than a Glock, sure, but that's hardly "in every way".

Also, dunno what's everyone's deal saying they have an absolutely great trigger. My LGS had one, I fingerfucked it, trigger sucked. Like, Sig P250 sucked. Long, gritty, heavy, creepy.
>>
>>33451550
18 rounds
Mags are pricey, I'll give you that
Trigger is fine. Tell your LGS to clean his guns once in a while.
>>
>>33451570
it's 17 rounds with the factory bumper. I've never seen a flush-fit mag, either factory or aftermarket. Which means it ties the G17, which is the same size grip (the only difference between the m9 and the L9 is the barrel length, same frame).

Gun was new in box, if the trigger mechanism was dirty it's the manufacturer's fault. Still doesn't explain how retardedly long the trigger pull is.
>>
>>33451608
17 and one in the pipe. Flush fit mags are out there. I've seen a few. They're 15 rounds. The trigger on mine is amazing. Don't know what the deal was with yours, unless it was a previous gen NOS.
>>
>>33451651
Could very well have been NOS of the pre-A1. I remember that being a big complaint of a lot of people.

Have you ever seen any extended mags for it? I loved the ergos, might try to find an L9A1 to fingerfuck to see if I like the trigger on it. I can't shoot Glocks, for some reason the trigger guard chews up my middle finger (though I might build on the gen2 timberwolf frame or the polymer80 G19 frame), so I'm looking for a full-size striker 9mm for USPSA/IPSC Production shooting.
>>
>>33451703
I've never seen any mags for it except factory mags. Aftermarket does suck because, as this thread stated, no one really knows about them.
>>
Had one
It was shit
Got replacement parts subject to recall
It was still shit

Sold it to some other retard and bought a Glock 17
>>
>>33451763
Previous gen
>>
>>33451470

Pullman Arms in Worcester has them. I got one from The Gun Parlor in Worcester before they moved locations, they might have them as well.
>>
>>33451775
I think this is the reason the -A1 has fallen into obscurity. The pre-A1's fucking sucked and Steyr really fumbled all the recalls and CS complaints. Since they have basically zero current history in the firearms market outside of their little corner of eurostan it pretty well tanked them in the US market.
>>
>>33451802
And the fact that they don't pay the "pay for reviews" game
>>
>>33451550
>gritty, heavy, creepy
We wanted a description of the trigger, not yourself.
>>
File: shots_fired[1].jpg (179KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
shots_fired[1].jpg
179KB, 770x433px
>>33451834
>>
>>33451550
I'm sorry I just don't believe this. I've owned two of these in 9 and 40 and both of them had an identical, excellent trigger. If the Steyr had the aftermark that glock did I never would have sold them.

They are solid handguns and for the 400 dollars I'm seeing them I'd tell anyone to give them a try.
>>
>>33451381
Super comfy grip, impulse feels good, sights you will either learn to enjoy or replace out of hate. Mags are $30-40. It was a fun gun, extraction issues. Steyr mailed me a new extractor for free that resolved it. Traded it off and would love to have a S9a1 in the future
>>
>>33451799
I think I just felt my dick move, thanks anon.
>>
Finger fucked one at a gun store in OKC recently, felt phenomenal, the trigger was the best striker fired trigger I've experienced, and I've shot a wide variety of striker fired pistols. Good ergos too.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.