[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hows /k/ holding up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 14

File: that operator feel.png (38KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
that operator feel.png
38KB, 750x750px
>tfw my shooting buddys dad gave him a gn for his birthday
>tfw my dad is an antigun cuck and i had to learn about guns all by myself and from the help of /k/
>tfw i want to take him shooting as some point
>>
Absolutely awful.
I met a really nice girl, we got a long great. We were together for about a year, and then she got into University, and I uprooted my life to go with her. Another year later and she decides she wants to be on her own and figure her life out. I'm just so tired of the bullshit. This is my third relationship that's lasted more than two years and ended terribly.
I'm just so tired of trying to care /k/

At least I have my funs, and you guys.
>>
File: lordofwar.gif (562KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
lordofwar.gif
562KB, 500x211px
>>33450988
I'm alright. My dad died recently so I'm still dealing with that and all the shit death brings to a family. At least he was a gun loving badass and left his collection to me and my brothers.
>>
>>33450988
Great, but my paychecks seem to be fucked up.
Started a new job two weeks ago and they stated very specifically my paycheck would not be held for the first week.

Two weeks later I've only been payed $25ish for almost twenty hours.
I mean, am I missing something about tipshare that means I don't technically have to get payed $7.50 an hour or something?

I'm getting pissed because I had to cancel some shit off of gunbroker.
>>
>>33451330

where do you work?
>>
>>33451330
>2 weeks later
>20 hours

kek, do you get tips on the side?
>>
File: chicken nugger.jpg (189KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
chicken nugger.jpg
189KB, 1536x2048px
I had to put my dog down because he was old and dying, The only meat left on his bones was tumors that were skinless from him chewing on them.
Pic related, A time when he was healthy.
>>
>>33451352
A steak and seafood place.
Quite nice.
Not giving names though. Dunno if it could have any negative repercussions.

It's probably just a wrong number or something. That or I started late in the work week and while I did work a damn good number of hours I only got payed for the first few because payday came early.

It's in Alabama though.
>>
>>33451378
20 hours was what I worked in the first week roughly. Probably more (have my clock out stuff but it's in a filing cabinet on the other side of the room and I can't be assed to get up)
I'm part time.
>>
>>33450988
>Broke hand back in August is just now one the mend
>Cat put to sleep in october
>Uncle died decemeber 23rd
>dog put to sleep in January
>other one put to sleep last month
Im honestly just emotionally drained the only joy ive found is eating dinner with family, hiking innawoods (which i just started doing thusday) and building models
Parents also fudded me out a gun but i respect them too much to go behind their backs and buy one.
>>
Still an ambitionless NEET drifting along life alone
>>
>>33451330

they probably are giving you a very tny percentage of the tip pool to avoid paying you the minimum wage but still say they pay you because youre getting tips (albeit a tiny amount)
>>
File: 1466558985354.png (16KB, 958x660px) Image search: [Google]
1466558985354.png
16KB, 958x660px
The Boy With the Sad eyes, and such a big heart
always looked lost, here, there, or anywhere.
Those sad eyes look upon the hills and the mountains, for his heart to find a place to stay
His heart one day, finds a spot so nice, and allows his his head to drive him mad
Right off the cliff and into the sea of emotions good and bad
Of all those hills and mountains, she is greater than them all.
and from the drowning waters only she can pull him out
The boy with the sad eyes, and such a big heart
wakes up every day, his head on a swivel; just to catch a glimpse of that awe inspiring beauty.
Upon that sight, those dreary eyes see the light
For he sees someone that shares his pains, and knows how heavy the world is
but he often stares at the sun too long, and cries and cries when she is gone
but even in the darkness, her light shines through
Her reflection in Luna shines upon me and you
The boy with the sad eyes, and such a big heart
Has never known what he has wanted
Up until he stumbled upon a campus in a foreign land
from the very start, she caught his eye, and soon then had his heart
That boy with those sad eyes
Doesn't seem to have such sad eyes all the time
>>
>>33451235

Sorry for your dad passing. Did he leave behind any thing cool?
>>
>>33451472
Gotcha.
I still need to go over it with one of the managers as I only noticed this discrepancy a day or so ago.
>>
>>33451037
get well soon Chimps
>>
>>33451382

my dog died when he was 17, i know that feel.

>i grew up with that fucking dog and i miss him everyday
>>
>>33451517

did the managers tell you youd get paid 7.50/hr in writing?
>>
>>33451517
Scratch all of my previous posts.
$2.13 (or $2.36, can't remember) is the minimum for a tipped employee that earns over $30 in tips a month.
Fuck me I'm stupid.
>>
File: 1471166830949.jpg (34KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1471166830949.jpg
34KB, 600x549px
>>33451037
I'm sorry to hear that anon.
I'm in a lot of pain because of a girl too.
They become the center of our world's and when they're gone it falls apart.
I've had everyone tell me this, even when I see her every day and still try to win her back, cut her completely out of your life; work out, read books, improve yourself.
Time will heal you, or you will die.
I'm still waiting on the latter.
Try writing some overly depressing poetry
like this retarded shit.
get your emotions on paper.
>>33451484
>>
>>33451572

work dem busy shifts and get all the parties of 5 or more you can lad

get money son
>>
>>33451541
Honestly I almost put him down when he was a pupper after he had a reaction to the mange treatment, His hair all fell out and his entire body became a big open sore dripping with pus.
I'm not really sad, He outlived his expiration date by over a decade. I'm just gonna fucking miss that ugly asshole.
>>
>>33451472
That's actually illegal. If tips + pay equal less than minimum wage, then the employer has to pay the rest of it
>>
>>33451592
It's only the share.
Not a full on tip.
The servers get a shitload of tips.
I get a 4% share of the tip pool.
I just wipe tables and seat people.
I do work the busiest hours though.

I guess that FAL will just have to wait a few more months...
>>
not great man. lost a ton of weight off my squat due to injuries
>>
>>33451625

>tfw my mom who is a full blown boomer told me to ask the manger of the restuarant i worked at to be head chef and paid full time with benefits when i was a runner

this was like 4 years ago and my sides still havent left orbit
>>
>>33451734
Kek.
I can't imagine this won't be at minimum explained to me.
I have some damn great bosses and the work isn't mentally intensive.
I keep shit clean and keep tables filled and we're good.
>>
>>33451767

when i was a busser i could clean an 8 top in like 2 minutes

felt good nigga, but i hated working in a restaurant, i dont see how people can enjoy it
>>
>>33451797
I worked at a bar/restaurant and the best thing about it was being half drunk all the time
>>
>>33451797
I wish I was allowed to bus.
They make the servers do that and the servers assume you'll buy it and while I'm happy to do it the bosses don't like us to.
So this leads to some mornings having tables of 14 cleaned in threeish minutes and others where it takes a half hour.

Still, I'd never give up this job for working somewhere like a McDonalds no matter how hard I had to work.
>>
Went shooting with my friend and brother today for my birthday. Friend spent $100 on ammo. Such a bro
>>
Doing ok. I was able to do squats for the first time since blowing out my knee last October. Just trying to get in shape enough to pass my APFT in May. And I've got to administer the STAAR test to my students this week. So it's no sports and some extra time with the wife.

To the anons who are having a rough time of it right now...it gets better. Trust me.
>>
My careless nature has come to a head resulting in me totaling my car. No one was hurt but it's starting to convince me I'm too much of a fucking idiot to have guns.
>>
>>33451037
Man up. You sound like a soppy wimp.

Treat women mean, keep them keen
>>
>>33450988
>have suspicion qt3.14 at work has a thing for me
>a few days ago a conversation with her all but confirmed it
>have to miss work for a family thing later this week, and those are the days we work together, so I have to wait until the following week to talk to her and maybe ask her out
>the problem is that at the end of April I'm quitting my job and moving 2 hours away for at least a few months
It fucking figures that this would happen now, instead of a few weeks ago when I could've made the decision to stay in town. I really like this girl, and I haven't had this good of an opportunity to date someone that I really like in awhile. I think I might try to move back here in a few months (not just because of this), depending on what job I want/get, so it might all work out. But whenever I get my hopes up, I end up disappointed.
>>
>>33451382
>>
>>33450988
>close friend does ina car accident our senior year of high school
>been friends with this guy since the 1st grade
>really cool guy, well liked and popular
>at the funeral our group of friends all make a promise to visit his grave on every anniversary
>following year, huge group of us go, tell old stories and laugh
>it was fun
>the following year, a few less people go, but we do the same
>every following year, less and less people end up going
>everybody's doing their own thing and going separate ways, many of them I haven't heard from in a long time
>this most recent time, I'm the only one that went
>eve the people I still am close with were too busy or were unable to go with me
>I sit at my buddy's grave by myself, think of funny stories from old times.
>finish paying my respects and quietly leave
It terrifies me how easily people start to become forgotten. This guy was one of the most popular guys in school 6 years ago, and now he's just a name on stone block in a graveyard out in the middle of nowhere. It scares me /k/
>>
>>33452244
yeah it sucks he died but people have their own lives to live and being anchored to him for the rest of their lives does no one any good
>>
>>33452244
Fuck dude, where at?

Also, it reminds me of that greentext from those feels threads years ago about the dude who'd always bring baseball cards and cupcakes to his younger brothers grave.
>>
>>33451037
Right here for ya my dude.

Sometimes I think life would be so much easier if I was gay but I can't get passed the gay sex.
>>
>>33452318
If I say where, it might give too much away. I'd rather people don't know I browse this website, even if they browse it themselves. But I live somewhere in the Midwest.
>>
>>33451511
Thank you, I miss him like crazy. He left behind lots of stuff but I'll get his collection of Lugers. I know that lot would consist of all sorts of examples from WW1 and WW2. They were his biggest passion before his passing so I'm glad I'll get to hang onto them for the rest of my life. Luckily my brothers are all sentimental gun guys too so the rest of his collection will stay in the family.
>>
>>33452529
Good point.
Sorry man.
>>
>>33452535

my grampa died too in september

he gave me a .22 target pistol and i want it to be cleaned an stuff from a competent gunsmith

>how do i politely tell the gunsmith that if theres so much as a speck of dust on it ill chainsaw him in half john gotti style
>>
File: 1487237818575.jpg (57KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487237818575.jpg
57KB, 540x720px
I had to cut an old friend loose for the second time. We grew up together, best friends for close to a decade. Then he got into some bad shit, and I felt myself to start slipping in with him. That was the first time. Went to college, he dropped off the radar.

Now I'm out in the real world, and hooked back up with him for most of the past month after a chance meet. He said he was changed, and I believed him. Kept it together for three weeks, we had just enough time together for me to believe him.

And then it turned out nothing had changed. Got in my car and came home. I remember thinking once we'd always be friends. Don't do drugs guys, if only for the sake of what you turn into before you die.
>>
File: POS.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
POS.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>33450988
I have no friends. I dont love my girlfriend anymore but if I end things I'll be completely, utterly alone.

Surefire m300/aimpoint T2 coming in a few weeks. So that's cool I guess.
>>
>>33452244
>It terrifies me how easily people start to become forgotten
People hate being reminded of their own mortality. After a few years on 4chan we stop caring, if you have been here for ever you pray for death.

FYI, a long time ago I figures out that if I was able to hang around after I died the last fucking place I would be was a cemetery. Visit you bestie all you want be he ain't there, He is hanging around the girls locker room at your HS or something. Know what I mean jellybean?
>>
>>33452657

guns and accessories fill the void
>>
>>33452657
Fuck friends, over rated IMO. Do you think courage wolf needs friends. Work a lot, save a lot of money, stay fit as fuck and when your in your early 40's get a mail order bride. Worked like a fucking charm for me.
>>
>>33452699
Amen.

>>33452781
God I hope things are going better by the time I'm 40.
>>
>>33452952
It's not like you are some 32 year old perma virgin. You have had three relationships that lasted a while. The college girl was a bitch to pull the need some space bullshit after you moved, did you support her?
Get a hobby that women are into liker crossfit or some other physical deal, better chance to meet a less superficial high maintenance bitch.
No matter how bad it is right now it can always get worse and if you are eating steak at least every week or so you are doing better than 97% of the fucking world .
>>
>constant stress from work, family, life
>try to go shooting once a week to relieve it
>sometimes works, more often than not i just end up wasting time and ammo since i can't stop thinking about shit even on the range

I bail out nearly everyone when they ask for help. The question is who will bail me out?
>>
>>33451382
(sniffs) i know that feel bro
>>
Been out of school almost 4 months with an electrical engineering degree, still no job offer. Have had a couple interviews where they fly me out to their location but maybe I'm just a super autismo when it comes to face to face interview. I apply to 30-50 jobs a week and I'm really not that picky about locations other than not a cuck state. Did I fall for the STEM meme? And no I had a 3.0 gpa and it's a top 50 or so engineering school
>>
>>33452993
Be the guy that doesn't need anyone. Walk in rooms like you own them, ignore the women you want to fuck, get fit and stay fit, make some fucking money somehow. The moment they see you don't need them they start needing you. Pure fucking gold right there anon.
>>
>>33452981
You seem to have mixed his and my post up (mine being the very first in the thread) but I appreciate everything you said.

I definitely supported her, in all aspects of life.
I moved here with her and lost every friend I had. Moving back I just end up in a shitty dead end town with my parents.

I can't afford to pay the rent by myself If I want any meaningful amount of money leftover, and I'm the only one actually bringing money into the house, she just works part time at Walmart because she's busy with school. She pays her half of rent, and has nothing leftover. I do all the house work. She just complains all the live long day. Eventually I'll be happy it ended, but today is not that day.

I really appreciate the kind words, friendo.
Wish I could take you shooting, going tomorrow to try to take my mind off everything.
>>
>>33450988
>tfw have enough for a poorfag gun to start with
>tfw live in California
>tfw I live with people who don't want guns near them
Would it be a bad idea to keep it in the trunk of my shitbox? Honest question
>>
>>33450988
Well my contracted postion I have been working for the past two years ends on friday and the promising job interview I had didn't pan out so that 10/22 with magpul backpacker stock is going to have to wait. On the plus side, the past month I haven't even been showing up to work and still getting paid because no one was checking for me
>>
>>33453141
what about the places you co-oped, you did co-op, right anon? or go be an "engineer" in some local factory
>>
>>33453141
No you feel for the degree meme. I have a Econ degree and cant get jobs im over qualifed for and my gf has a petroleum engineering degree and still working at the mall. The market is over saturated atm
>>
Doing okay.
I feel like I'm closer to finding work. A friend offered a pretty cheap place to stay in a decent part of Seattle, I am a little nervous about whether there will be any objection to me bringing guns into their place. Visited best friend in Texas and found out he doesn't really have any friends there and I kinda want to say fuck it and join him.
>>
>>33451797
I work at a piano bar doing similar shit, I always found enjoyment in the live music and the various drunken shenanigans patrons get into.
>>
>Co-Own one restaurant
>We just bought another
>Finally get to do hands on renovation work again after two years of not really having the opportunity to
>Previous tenant left all the booze so I have two fifths of Remy Martin XO at my house that I didn't previously.

Pretty comfy.
>>
>>33454757
I would stay with your friend in Texas. It seems like you're fond of him, seems better than the other people you aren't sure about. Unless you have a job lined up in seattle, I'd head to Texas and just try to find a min wage job to start, pay your friend some rent, and enjoy the funs and good times.
>>
>>33454579
I didn't have an internship or coop, did undergraduate research for two years
>>
>>33454878
I love it because I never realized just how often people discuss firearms.

People always alienated me and now that I hear everyone and their brother sitting at tables discussing guns (fuddlore or not) it's definitely helped me put things in perspective.

That and several patrons have left tips in nothing but ammo apparently.
I'm hoping that eventually gets thrown in the tip pool.
>tfw military grade ammo is actually used as payment
>>
>>33454899
How do you like the business?
>>
File: IMG_20170326_035256095.jpg (228KB, 1205x737px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170326_035256095.jpg
228KB, 1205x737px
My 5 year old cat just got diagnosed with highly aggressive lymphoma. Good thing you can cry like a bitch under a welding hood without being seen.

He's my reason to live bros
>>
>>33455932

Been doing it for over 10 years. Probably won't do anything else unless I get into winemaking or something.

It's pretty fantastic. I enjoy it even though dealing with the general public can get old as fuck, partly why I'm excited to let my first place basically run itself while I'm in the new one doing reno.
>>
>>33455686
that doesnt sound too good desu. real world experience is a huge plus
>>33456047
sorry to hear anon.
>>
>>33456070
Hey that's great. Yeah I've gotten into smoking, bbq and brewing the past few years and I find myself at my desk daydreaming about starting a food truck or brewing or something. Mostly the former though, nanobrewing can be hard to break into, especially with the saturation of choices these days.
>>
>>33456399

Food trucks are hard because of the scale. You have to really keep costs in check down to the cent otherwise you won't make shit.

In my restaurant if my food cost % goes above what it should be for the week or we're slower than old people fucking for a day or two it's no real biggie but that could put a food truck out of business unless you have a decent amount to fall back on.

If you decide to give it a try know the market and have a really good back office person. I work on a buddy's truck here and there for shits and giggles and it's a lot of fun but the dude busts his ass way harder than I ever have.
>>
>>33456448
Yeah I know it can be pretty tough, that uncertainty has been the biggest barrier for me. The business has kinda blown up recently so my biggest worry has been oversaturation. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>33456530
I realized I just put two "biggest worries". Erm, they're tied...
>>
>haven't touched my guns since Feb 14
>stuck in Africa until 9 APR
>Daniel Defense, Optional furniture and ACOG waiting for me back home
>trying to win a bid for a Ionbond M45 on gunbroker
>>
Doing great! Made some new friends for the first time in 7-8 years through school/anime conventions. I got depressed for a while after one of my closest ones from high school died and the others just stopped talking to me but now I'm great!
>>
File: 1469996590132.png (1MB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1469996590132.png
1MB, 900x1200px
>finally meet a girl that I like
>want to ask her out
>remember I'm about to move away in July
Why does this keep happening to me

Should I just go for it bros, or it is too short a time frame?
>>
>>33451622
This is true.
>>
>>33456530

Food trucks will probably be fine unless you're in NYC, Portland, SF, Austin, or any other hipster city where the oversaturation is real.

Breweries are a bit different. You're seeing microbreweries scale up but IMO most of them are doing it too big too fast, similar to Starbucks earlier this decade. There will be a bubble and IMO if you want to do a brewery you'd do well to keep it small.
>>
>have the first chance of having a relationship in my life
>afraid that I'll become a normalfag if I fuck her or something
I don't know why it bothers me so much, but I feel like if I have sex, it's going to change me. Does it?
>>
>>33456801
With this retarded r9k attitude yes it will.
Faggot
>>
>>33456744
Go for it anon. If it works out it'll be a good couple months.
>>
>>33451330

L
A
BOARD
O
R
>>
>>33456801
Sex isn't as great as you think it is.
>>
>>33456801
if you have to think "will i become a normalfag" you're already far too gone
>>
>>33456780
Well I don't love in a hipster city so I have that going for me heh. But yeah I think you're right about the bubble. There's only so much shelf space to fight for, and only so many restaurant taps.
>>
File: 1484033293559.jpg (52KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1484033293559.jpg
52KB, 600x450px
>>33456801
Don't put pussy on a pedestal. And I don't even know what you mean by it making you a "normalfag"
>>
>>33450988
Garbage
I ordered 20,000 rounds from midway usa and the order got cancelled
I was going to flip 3 quarters of it and make a little profit
Now all my money is tied up and i cant pay bills on time
Fuck you larry
Jew
>>
>>33457041
>>33457171
This; I heavily regret having sex for the first time, wait till marriage.
That doesn't mean no physical contact and no pleasure, just no oral or penetrating sex.
>>
>>33450988
>i had to learn about guns all by myself and from the help of /k/

So you didn't learn anything at all.
>>
File: IMG_0315.gif (951KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0315.gif
951KB, 350x280px
>The only son of my Dad's best friend OD'd over the weekend. he was only 20
>when he was a kid he used to treat me like the older brother he never had
>after his mom died of cancer he started getting mixed up with drugs and alcohol
>got tired with his druggie bullshit, always asking for money, and never trying to get clean despite saying he would, so I stopped talking to him and returning his texts
>too ashamed to go to the funeral
>While all this is going on the girl I'm in love with is getting kicked out of her apartment (property is getting sold and torn down)
>she recently lost her job, is a single mom, and has PTS from when her ex used to abuse her (that fucker is locked up in prison for the next 15 years though)
> I can't let her stay over because I'm in the process of moving and the new apartment is too small for me, my roommate, her and her daughters
>Worried sick about her and feel like less of a man because I can't guarantee her a safe place to stay while she sorts everything out.

I'm not holding up at all.
>>
>>33457550
My problems suddenly seem small now anon, thank you for sharing.
Stay strong, I know you can get through this.
There are tons of resources for women struggling with their lives, like shelters, talk to her about that option.
>>
>>33450988
Doing good. Spring has sprung. My legal issues are evaporating. Grass is green. Just got another AR in trade that is pretty sweet. Thanks Gman! :^) Doing better than a few months ago, that's for sure.
>>
>>33453141
fuck. this is going to be me in 9 months when I graduate this december. should've just become an electrician
>>
>>33456996
Actually filled out some forms this morning; it appears some stuff with my bank account was screwy (a wrong number somewhere along the line)
>>
>>33452510
If only you could be gay without the sex...
>>
>>33457384
I wouldn't go this far, unless that's your thing. It's definately not the best thing ever though.
>>
>>33458155
It's just what I recommend for people my age (16-23~ at the latest).
>>
It's here and there. Finally starting to rehabilitate myself after a car accident by going to the gym except it's depressing because I struggle to bicep curl even 10 kilos. I started smoking two packs a day after my accident as well when I had been winding back to quit. My boss owes me about $3000 in overtime. But at least I got my new knives last night.
>>
Dropped out of uni a couple months back. My parents who I'm very close to recently moved cross country, and I'm just barely getting by on a part time job. My only couple friends got together and told me to fuck off, and the only one I have left is an old friend who I recently started dating. Her parents don't like me much due to not being as devout as they are, but I'm really happy with the relationship and it's really all I have left.

I'm miserable /k/.
>>
>>33457202

thats the way it is anon
>>
Crippling depression.
>just got paid for eight months of consulting work yesterday.
Keep telling myself somehow I'll lose it.
>two interviews next week for ideal job.
Keep telling myself I'll fubar them.
>finish (our version) of law school next month.
Convinced I'll fail.
>finally did up my mothers home for her.
Worried about that cough.
>got rid of mothers abusive ex boyfriend finally and all ties to him.
>he'll be back.
Little sis finally has a stable job, a degree, and a nice guy.
>God I hope she's ok.
Asked what I did for my birthday
Went to dad's grave. Went home drank a bottle of scotch and stared a the place where a picture of me and my ex used to hang. Woke up Sunday on the dining room floor next to a loaded shotgun.

I don't know what is wrong with me. I'm convinced everything good will go away.
>>
Been thinking of seeing what a big cal bullet will do point blank to my heart.

What if every komando who had nothing to live for all joined forces and created a privet military?
>>
>see one of my friends on snapchat my ex finds attractive helping her put a necklace on as he is about to go on to preform a piece she composed
>instantly want to kill self
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
WHY DOES MY HEART DO THIS
>>
>>33459965
Step on that now anon. Shit like that will eat you up. Even if it means deleting social media for a couple months.
>>
>>33450988
My girlfriend of two years broke up with me yesterday. I'm selling my enduro and saving up for another pistol. I need more ar mags.
>>
>>33459969
i see her practically ever day mate, it won't help.
I feel like I have an actual mental illness at times.
>>
>>33459612
It won't get significantly worse but keep looking for that silver lining in the gloomy world.

>>33459746
Shitfest of people eager to selfishly die instead of live through tough shit.

>>33457550
Single moms are a liability. Know what you're gonna get.

>>33460498
Stop being a pussy. Detach completely and let yourself heal or you'll kys eventually (if not with a bullet, you will make your life miserable due to self-sabotage). Find a new gf, enjoy new hobbies, don't bury yourself in depression, turn your life around, move away.

Aggressively seek and accept help when you're down, even preemptively. If you feel like a wave of depression is coming, brace hard. "Pray to God, but swim towards the shore."
>>
>>33460625
I'm >>33459612
Cheers. I know I ought not to be like this but I kind of keep it together very hard for everyone else then just melt when I'm alone. I think it's time to get a dog.
>>
>>33450988
Doing pretty well. Got a decent job at a growing ammunition company (we just got some sexy new equipment, too), prepping for grad school.

Editing a paper I wrote in order to get it published - turns out 11,000 words is considered excessive in the journal I could get it published in. So, I'm having to cut out about 5,000 words. It hurts a lot more than I expected, I was rather proud of that paper and I don't like chopping it up.
>>
>>33460710
You need a friend that can listen to you vent. Might be a dog.

>>33460760
Maybe salvage that into two papers?
>>
>>33450988

Pretty good. Started working in a children's hospital. It's a pretty shit job in terms of what I'm allowed to do but the pay is so much better than working on a truck.

I'd be surprised if my marriage lasts another year, but I think my wife is starting to actually see it as a positive thing so I'm slightly hopeful the break up will be amicable.
>>
>>33460768
Possible, but I've saved the original paper as well, so I think for later papers I might expand on some things I touched on in the first one. Civil War religious propaganda is a fun subject.

>>33459612
I have no idea if this would actually help or not, especially since I don't have the slightest clue as to whether you're religious, but while I'm still concerned with the future, I'm no longer -worried- about it. Growing belief in an oft-inscrutable Providence put me in an odd position philosophically, but I no longer feel dread about things going wrong. Sure, they might go wrong, horribly so, even, but who am I to object? All I can do is fulfill my duty and purpose to the best of my ability. That's really all that matters. "Duty is ours; consequences are God's," as Gen. Jackson said.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.