/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Midway 20cpr 5.56 orders cancelled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 13

>be anon
>haven't touched my 5.56/.223 guns in years
>find a midway sale
>grossly but not stupidly underpriced
>they either cancel or give cause to shit on them for the next ten years
>worst case, get a can of 5.56 that I can unload for twice what I paid
>two days go by
>get cancellation email
>midway gets on the list
>>
Did we really need a fucking third thread on this? Fuck off.

You're a dipshit if you thought they would honor the price in the first place.
>>
File: 1488170326694.jpg (138KB, 1054x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488170326694.jpg
138KB, 1054x1024px
going down the Cheaper Than Dirt rabbit hole when sandy hook happened? Nice watch them make this normal practice now.
>>
>>33447678
You know what would be great? Can we just have every thread on /k/ for the next 48 hours be people whining?

Hook us up, Mods. Make it happen.
>>
>>33447750
fuck you larry
>>
>>33447739
We need a 4th. There is no question there.
>>
>>33447678
quit being a jew and realize these companies aren't running little charities for your aspie neetbux penny pinching ways
>>
>>33447678
So let me get this straight

>Sale price printed on product
>When you add it to cart a lower, UNPRINTED, price is calculated
>Obviously a software error
>But they are wrong to only honor the printed advertised price

That's what's going on here?
>>
File: 1445546420448.jpg (134KB, 895x895px) Image search: [Google]
1445546420448.jpg
134KB, 895x895px
I THOUGHT WE HAD A DEAL LARRY

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>33448963
Don't run a sale if you aren't prepared for every ramification. To think that a promo code won't get spread around is willfully ignorant when there are literal websites who's purpose is finding the best deal on ammo, guns etc. It took them OVER A DAY to realize the error?? If it was an error the cancellation email should have come first thing this morning.

If I ran a competing company I would do everything I could to have a sale on 5.56/.223 at as close to the price midway had it for. Completely throw them under the bus and capitalize on all of the bad will they have brought upon themselves.
>>
>>33448963
Yep, we're entitled to free shit at their experience because mommy said I'm special and people have to do what I want

>Fuck this autistic kike bullshit

I hope midway doesn't loose any business over this, Larry is good people
>>
>>33449061
>They are honoring the sale price
>But not the computer error price
>This makes them bad people
Wow, fuck you McSheckelberg
>>
>>33449089
Their "sale" price is normal price, nothing special. What was the promo code for then? If it was a coding error why was is everyone that talked to humans at Midway told that the price is correct? How many times did the "error" have to slip to the cracks to get passed down to customer service?

Do you believe lie that is fed to you? How many times have you been cheated on in your life?
>>
>>33447750
I would unironically love it if the mods stickied a Midway whining thread.
>>
>>33449061
This

>>33449072
>Larry is good people
But also this.
>>
File: 1490550012416.jpg (82KB, 830x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490550012416.jpg
82KB, 830x960px
ITT
>>
>>33447678
>be OP
>have unreasonable expectations for a company to honor an obvious error
>sperg out and shit all over good, reputable businesses every time he swoops down onto obvious errors like a vulture
>get butthurt and boycott businesses when they justifiably cancel his order
>eventually run out of businesses to buy from
>have to leave guns behind as a hobby
>everyone is better off without OP

>>33447743
Cheaper than dirt was something totally different and you know it. Canceling orders just because they knew they could relist and sell it for three times the price during a panic buy is nothing like canceling orders because of an obvious error.
>>
File: Society.jpg (324KB, 1200x1918px) Image search: [Google]
Society.jpg
324KB, 1200x1918px
>>33449061
>Don't have sex unless you are prepared for every ramification
>Don't buy online unless you are prepared for every ramification
>Don't expect human decency unless you are prepared for every ramification
>I would help you, man who broke both of his legs, but I might miss work and deal with the ramifications I haven't prepared for

This is what you sound like.
>>
>>33449249
Midway learned a good lesson from this

>Do not ever, EVER trust your customers
>They will try to jew you out of business, they are not your friends, they are a potential consumer to be monitord by loss prevention
>>
File: 1481317111888.jpg (19KB, 259x383px) Image search: [Google]
1481317111888.jpg
19KB, 259x383px
>>33449249
Just enjoy the butthurt m8... unless... L-Larry? Is that you?
>>
Larry is a god among men, but even gods make mistakes. Nigga i got my 7.5 swiss for a goodass deal, i'm sitting pretty. Quit whining fags.
>>
I could understand the frustration when people were ordering 500 or 1,000rds, but when you've got shitloads of people ordering 10's of thousands of rounds at a big loss to the company for what is obviously a software fuckup, I don't. People were trying to exploit an obvious error.
>>
>>33449323
As far as Midway's concerned, there's no difference to them selling out at cost or below cost to a bunch of people ordered a can or two each or to a few people ordering dozens of cans.
>>
>>33449323
Yeah, people buying in bulk quantities at bulk prices. How would midway ever make money from that?
>>
>>33447678
18/cpr is stupidly cheap. quit crying, you knew the risk when you put in an order. I'm waiting on my return like everyone else but not crying like a bitch
>>
>All these butthurt faggots whining about Midway not being retarded.

If these faggots were REALLY serious about saving money they would be reloading. I have no sympathy for these retards.
>>
>>33449152
you sound like a jew right now. like a literal fucking kike. grow up.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (325KB, 1669x971px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
325KB, 1669x971px
>>33449267
>Don't have sex unless you are prepared for every ramification
Yea don't ejaculate into a vagina a expect not to get pregnant, pretty simple. But you probably don't have much experience with this.
>Don't buy online unless you are prepared for every ramification
Buying online is much different from stores, I expect the price on the sticker or my invoice/receipt to be honored.
>Don't expect human decency unless you are prepared for every ramification
Why would you EXPECT every human to be decent? You should expect what you have evidence to support.
>I would help you, man who broke both of his legs, but I might miss work and deal with the ramifications I haven't prepared for
ok?

Your arguments are shit and you sound like a literal cuck who gets walked on by everyone.
>>
>>33449267
God damn, I'm ready for Japan's testicles to drop again, even if it's just to run around and tell everyone to police their fucking garbage.
>>
>>33449423
>I expect the price on the sticker or my invoice/receipt to be honored.
This is the biggest issue.

Midway should have just taken the loss for their mistake and then stopped honoring the code for sales going forward.
>>
>>33449423
Oh look, another retard who doesn't get how online ordering works.

Of course it's marked as a no return item, no vendor in their right mind would take back ammo. The easiest way for them to cancel the order from their end must have just been to mark it "returned" so they can issue you a refund.

God damn bunch of entitled cunts.
>>
>>33448166
dubs confirm
>>
>>33449423
let me guess, your parents have let you have a bank account for only a couple years. well in the adult world, if theres a banking error and extra money ends up in your account, you dont get to keep it. you dont get to scream and stomp like a child at the bank saying just because its an error in your favor you're entitled to it
>>
File: CO.jpg (25KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
CO.jpg
25KB, 600x375px
>>33449423
I get walked on by no one.

But idiots expecting such a situation to result in insane losses for Midway are beyond stupid.

They aren't just going to up and go "Damn, better start shipping out hundreds of thousands of rounds because of this obvious mistake that people took advantage of."
>>
>>33449440
shut up faggot. people/companies should be allowed to make a mistake.
>>
"And that's the way it is"
>>
>selling at slightly above cost is now "losing money"

Thanks /k/, you always set me straight when logic gets her filthy claws into me.
>>
>>33449484
>people/companies should be allowed to make a mistake.
Yeah, but you don't get to say something isn't your fault when it is.
>>
>>33449499
What was Midway's cost, and how do you know?

I'm honestly curious since you apparently know.
>>
>>33449383
Thier time is worth more than bullets, which is why they spent hours whinging and whining about this.
>>
>>33449464
I understand the burden that would be placed on them if this was in fact the error they are describing in their email but they failed on numerous levels and it took them a substantial amount of time to correct it. In addition to that they did not ever attempt a compromise with the people that did order. I'm just saying the way they handle this was terrible and they deserve whatever ill befalls them.
>>
File: 1490332663867.png (302KB, 907x603px) Image search: [Google]
1490332663867.png
302KB, 907x603px
I demand rule 34 on Midway girl!
>>
File: punisher.png (683KB, 1005x307px) Image search: [Google]
punisher.png
683KB, 1005x307px
ITT
>OP being a jew
>retards defending fagwayUSA and thier shady business practices
Here's what happened:
midway had a coupon code, but some retard at midway is bad at math and the coupon was costing the company big money. rather than accept "hey we suck at math and cant discount that much" they claim it's "some technology error, what ya gonna do amirite, not our fault" and most people believe them because they're fudd-tier retards. is it insulting as a customer? sure, especially when their "sale" price is just normal-price and the in-store employees confirmed the discount price as correct. if it really bothers you that much, just don't shop with them. theyre a business, not your buddy
>>
>>33449488
kek
>>
>>33449570
this

>they're a business
that's why it bothers me.
>>
>>33449499
it mostly certainly wasnt at cost. have you worked at gun stores? the mark up is extremely minimal, even for online retailers
>>
File: thatsthewayitis.png (1MB, 1067x653px) Image search: [Google]
thatsthewayitis.png
1MB, 1067x653px
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.