[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 46

File: 1485840366794.png (324KB, 1087x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1485840366794.png
324KB, 1087x1090px
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/jkGPzQCc

Join the Conservative Party of Canada so that you can vote for Maxime Bernier:
http://www.maximebernier.com/membership_options

***** You must buy a membership by March 28 in order to be eligible to vote for CPC Leadership on May 27. *****

Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights & Maxime Bernier interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59QhomszVx4

Last Thread >>33402692
>>
File: download (1).png (18KB, 127x206px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
18KB, 127x206px
Anyone here from Nova Scotia, Halifax?

Thinking of snagging an SKS from Rons Army/Navy, can't make my fucking mind up though.

They seem pretty fudd-tier in there.

Figure I might be able to find one for sub 300$ elsewhere.
>>
>>33446870
Check online, I usually spot them in the $250 range.
>>
>>33446870
>sub 300$
http://westrifle.com/wrstore/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=20&page=1&sort=3a

great site. got two of mine from there, but I'm not in NS. you may or may not get free shipping in NS.
>>
LAST CHANCE TO BUY A MEMBERSHIP, CONVINCE YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO VOTE TOO
>>
File: Bernier-1[1].jpg (795KB, 1699x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Bernier-1[1].jpg
795KB, 1699x2200px
>>33446725
>>33446951
Why Max Bernier?

Policy highlights:
Lower all income tax, scrap capital gains tax, CRTC, federal carbon tax.
Eliminate all corporate welfare, nationalize airports and Canada Post.
Reduce immigration, end relation with UN for refugee selection.
Double the length of firearms licenses from 5 to 10 years.
Reclassify firearms: Non-restricted = any semi-auto with overall length >26".
Reclassify firearms through law in Parliament instead of the RCMP or cabinet.
Repeal magazine size restrictions.

CCFR Approved, Highest Grade for all CPC Leadership candidates
https://firearmrights.ca/en/ccfr-report-cards-cpc-leadership-election/
>>
For the guy looking for an IWB kydex holster in the last thread

https://www.highlandertactical.com/collections/warg/products/warg

Made by a guy here in Petawawa, I have one of his Odin holsters for my P-09 and its been great.
>>
>>33447292
<3
>>
>>33446959
Not to mention he would be the sexiest PM we've had in a long time, no homo.
>>
>>33446951
>>33446959
I just got an e-mail from Bernier asking me to donate another $5 because the party is charging $5 per membership.

Am I being cheated here?
>>
>>33448017
They send emails asking for donations on the regular, you don't have to donate if you don't want to.

Memberships are $15 only, it looks like in order for him to submit memberships he acquired (I guess to show polling support maybe) his campaign is required to chip in $5 each to the party.

Either that or it is poorly worded and the campaign is just asking for an additional $5.
>>
I hope you ladyboys have been stocking up on anal lube and doing your stretches

>Prime-time Monday evening, on The National at 9pm and again 11pm
>on the front pages of most local newspapers

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/firearm-injuries-cmaj-1.4040628

>our statistics show that a child literally gets executed EVERY DAY by evil guns, that we all know are "designed to kill" for being an innocent child
>"nationals from Central America and Africa accounted for 68 per cent of immigrants with assault-related firearm injuries" -- have non-diverse gun owners gone insane or are the firearms just racist, like we always suspected? further research required
>"about a quarter of firearm injuries in an Ontario study were intentional or assaults" -- you see, guns are so unsafe, they are three-times more likely to injure or kill someone on their own than in the hands of a criminal! there is just no way for firearms to be safe!
>"having a firearm in the home is probably the most important risk factor for injury among those age 25 and younger, researchers say" -- why would anyone need to keep such dangerous things at home where children can be harmed by them???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first the Libs made firearms advisory committee largely made up of shooting survivors, progressives and gun-hating feminists

then they introduce a firearms-defacement law, adding more markings to guns, increasing the costs of imports to be passed on to the consumer and hoping to further discourage ownership/possibly use it as a fist step in a creation of a new de facto long-gun registry

now the "think of the children" propaganda machine is suddenly being fueled up with all these "unbiased health and safety studies" and revving up with what looks like the final aim of making us Australia-tier

h..hold me, bros, the Great Cuckening is finally upon us :'(
>>
>>33448097
One of my friends is actually a regular member of the CPC; he didn't join recently to vote Mad Max in, he has been a passionate member for years.

One time, the begging got so bad that they actually started phoning members.

They asked if he could donate. Again. For the bajillionth time.
>"Not unless you do something about C-68, god-fucking-dammit!"
Then he hung up. I kek'd hard when he told me this story.
>>
>>33448195
>Meanwhile, I'm trying to buy full-giggle AKs and drooling over M60s, an Uzi, MAS .223s, a C9 and MP5s, all paperless and available under the table
Liberals can eat a diiiiiiiiiiick, your feelings don't mean shit.
SHALL
>>
>>33448195
>they neglect to mention that 99% of these firearms were acquired illegally anyways

Never change, CBC.
>>
All over the news today is another study:

>1 child or youth injured by gunfire nearly every day in Ontario, pediatricians find

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/firearm-injuries-cmaj-1.4040628

(Child or youth defined as being under 24 years old)

>The group urged the federal government to implement stricter controls on how people acquire, own and store firearms, including classifying air guns and BB guns powerful enough to cause eye injury or skin penetration as firearms under Canada's Firearms Act.

I would like it if they broke down the unintentional injuries between legally and illegally owned guns.
>>
File: police2.jpg (16KB, 600x239px) Image search: [Google]
police2.jpg
16KB, 600x239px
>>33448229
>>
>>33448195
>>33448259
Full study can be found here:
http://www.cmaj.ca/content/189/12/E452.full.pdf

I haven't had a chance to read beyond the abstract yet, but there will hopefully be some clarification.
>>
>>33448259
>including classifying air guns and BB guns powerful enough to cause eye injury or skin penetration as firearms under Canada's Firearms Act.

They're already fucking classified as "unregulated firearms". The ignorance coming from the left never ceases to bewilder me.
>>
File: IMG_6896.jpg (234KB, 584x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6896.jpg
234KB, 584x800px
>>33448269
We've been over this, Anon. You know better.
0/10
See me after class.
>>
>>33446725
What happened to the NEA 102 rifle?
>>
>>33448303

I would see you if I lived in Alberta, it would be fun to go shooting with you and give you no cause to arrest me :)

In all seriousness though, Im mostly just jelly that you have an FAL and I dont
>>
>>33448283
Okay, I finished reading the study. It does not break out legally vs illegally held guns. It also doesn't break out the number of natives in the rural population of injured vs non-natives.

For me, the most important figure would be the rate of non-intentional injury/death among licensed gun owners. That just isn't present here.
>>
>>33448195
There was a response to that article, and as Doctor Caillin Langmann pointed out (below quoted and in an article) a lot of flaws to the study.

>Some criticisms of the recent hype:
>1. The major flaw with this study is the type of injuries is not specified in the paper. The ICD codes (disease codes) include pellot guns and other air gun injuries which would involve airsoft and paintball.
>2. As well "accidental injury" includes a legal intervention such as police shooting or discharge. I would not include this as an accidental injury necessarily.
>3. The age group cohorts are less than 15 and 15-24. The injuries and assaults in the less than 15 are very small numbers and obviously the majority of data comes from the more adult age group. Many of these may not be children as we define them (<18) at all. In medicine a pediatric patient is <18 years old. Hence no real valid data on pediatric patients can be obtained from this study.
>4. Rural can be an area like Brampton. The major real numbers of assaults and injuries come from the Urban areas. More specifically associated with a demographic that is involved in criminal activity. This cannot be applied to your average rural gun owner.
>5. Any recommendation, if any can be made from this study, would be that to reduce harm, we should be targeting at risk youth involved in pre-crime or low risk crime to reduce their entry into criminal risk behaviour. The study itself indicates some of the demographics of who these people are.

https://firearmrights.ca/en/misleading-headlines-leave-public-confused/

http://globalnews.ca/news/3337217/relax-ontario-especially-the-media-our-kids-are-not-gunning-each-other-down-every-day/?utm_source=GlobalNews&utm_medium=Facebook
>>
>>33448313

From their facebook page

"Still waiting on the RCMP Lab. We expect an anwser soon."
>>
>>33448195
>>33448259
>>33448283
My roommate's dad went looking through the referenced source data for this study and said their data included injuries from paintball and airsoft rifles.
>Which are 'unregulated firearms' since last year(?). Really makes you think.
>>
>>33448303
Very jelly of your FAL, I pray that Max gets in so we can have fun rifles again
>>
>>33448361
I want everybody to have FALs and AKs and all the other sweet guns we drool over. It's absolute bullshit that the average gun owner can't have one simply because daddy gubmit says so.
>>
File: propaganada.jpg (959KB, 2550x1596px) Image search: [Google]
propaganada.jpg
959KB, 2550x1596px
>>33448259
>>33448283
>>33448299
>>33448339
>>33448349
>>33448358
the "study" is clearly a sham, but it sounds good. I mean, doctors are doing it, don't you trust your doctor? nobody is going to dig through the details and the voice of reason and logic is going to be lost in the spin.

just look at any part of it, they took people 25 and under (to inflate their numbers using young criminal adults to a number of any significance), used a stat where only 6-7% of those that get shot end up dying and said "1 young person gets shot daily" making it sound like a child gets gunned down in the streets every day -- the study is intentionally sloppy and they are being very brazen with spinning and skewing what it says even further

this is clearly the tip of the spear in a new clamp down on gun owners' rights, it's blatant propaganda to prepare public climate for coming change of legislation, to make it sound reasonable and necessary to those who know nothing about it.

>"tonight on the National: Guns in the Home!"
is the spoken tagline in the ad for tonight's central hit piece that's running every 5 min on CBC now (also see pic related)
this is a lot more aggressive and defined than usual, and we aren't at any typical news drama anniversary.on the contrary-- today we learned that by mid-summer next year
>DUDE WEED LMAO
is going to be legal, yes! finally Trudeau's big promise kept, history-changing news
..and YET -- the top story on the National is guns! there is no way this is just a bad study and a little hype, we are going to see some major anti-gun policy being pushed through this Summer
>>
>>33448595
They've been building towards this for months- little antigun stories here and there to "prime the pump", and now we've got this big one, just in time for the brand new Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee to sit down and get to business.
>>
File: Mini_nuke.png (615KB, 987x705px) Image search: [Google]
Mini_nuke.png
615KB, 987x705px
Buying an SKS from a Canadian Tire tomorrow.

Good idea to bring my Guncase or will they give me a bag to walk out of the store with?
>>
>>33448755
Bring your case, or buy one there.
>>
>>33448772
Do they come with the trigger locks on them?
>>
>>33448808
Typically they do, though NR guns don't technically need a lock to be transported.
>>
Sent in my PAL app two weeks ago, and I heard if you call the office asking about it you might have it approved faster.

Is two weeks too early to call them?
>>
>>33449098
A bit. There's a 28-day minimum, remember. After that, call 'em every couple days. Be polite and you should have no issues.
>>
File: ourguy2.jpg (43KB, 960x524px) Image search: [Google]
ourguy2.jpg
43KB, 960x524px
Maxime Bernier wants to use military (if need be) for securing our border from illegals crossing over.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservative-leadership-candidates-border-1.4042670
>>
>>33449208
>Libs are already trying to spin this as "Bernier wants to enact martial law in Canada and violate our Charter freedoms"
Typical
>>
holy fuck, got my renewed licence in like 2 weeks. i was expecting it to take months, especially living in bantario with restricted and no club membership
>>
>>33448259
Fuck and I was just getting back into guns. Now they are going to ban something fun based on lies and deceit
>>
Has anyone else been following the NDP leadership race? Looks like they've gone full retard and are trying to out-SJW the libs. 2019's gonna be an interesting election.
>>
>>33449779

It could be a disaster or it could be the first time firearms owners are seen as a major voting group
>>
>>33449779
>NDP
who gives a fuck. they're only good for splitting votes among leftists
>>
>>33449779
Hard to imagine going left of the liberals under Trudeau, but their candidates clearly think that doubling down will be a great strategy.
>>
>>33448259
>(Child or youth defined as being under 24 years old)

What percentage of our military is composed of "Child soldiers" based on this definition?
>>
File: mad.jpg (139KB, 1200x966px) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
139KB, 1200x966px
>>33449779
>>
>>33446870
Canadian Tire has them for $200
>>
>>33449481
And yet O'Leary wants to use the notwithstanding clause.
>>
>>33448755
Mine came in a cardboard box, no case needed
>>
File: FirearmsAccidents1991to2009.gif (38KB, 634x393px) Image search: [Google]
FirearmsAccidents1991to2009.gif
38KB, 634x393px
>>33449668
>>33450277

The study is playing games with numbers. Pic attached is the total yearly fatal firearm accidents in Canada.

However:
>The Canadian Paediatric Society (CPS), which on Monday issued updated recommendations for preventing firearm injuries among young people, says 635 children and youth under age 24 died between 2008 and 2012 from accidental and intentional gunshots, including those that were self-inflicted. Ninety-four per cent of victims were male.

In other words, only a handful of the deaths were due to accidents, even if we assign every single accidental firearm death during that period to under 24s.
>>
>>33450374
They failed with this kind of narrative in the US when the internet adoption rate was much lower than it is today. They just handed us an easy win by making their lies so blatant.
>>
>>33446951
just joined up with the CPC. sent them my 15 maple shekels.

gonna vote for Mad Max. He's our only hope.

HELP US MAX
>>
I am out of the loop. but people keep telling me there is a new ban on AR-15's and the CZ is going prohib, or at the very least, the latest shipment was stopped and sent back at the border.

Any truth to either of these tales?
>>
>>33450374
Stats Canada's five year average for accidental death due to firearms is 17 people per year. Note this includes all ages, sexes, races etc.

17 people, while sad that they died, is fucking nothing in a country of 35 million. 252 000 people die from all causes in Canada each year, bringing our average for accidental firearms deaths to a astonishingly low 0.0000067%. That is six one thousandths of one percent. You might as well buy a lottery ticket, you have a better chance of winning the jackpot than dying from accidental firearms discharge.
>>
>>33450672
For reference, roughly 35 women die per year due to pregnancy related complications, roughly 245 Canadians die from malnutrition, 10 die from allergic reactions related to bee stings, and about two people die from being mauled by bears
>>
someone posted an FN49 in 30.06 on the equipment exchange. do fucking want
>>
>>33450579
there's no new ban on ARs and there was a kerfuffle over a version of the CZ858 Tactical 2P. It was a special "canadian" version that had a maple leaf on the wood and a "molon labe" engraving on another wood part. RCMP created an FRT for it and declared it a separate variant of the CZ858.

brief history:

guns that are made from converted full-auto receivers are prohib, by default. These are guns where the receiver was originally made for military or police, but then gets welded shit in it to convert it to semi-auto only for civilian use. Firearms Act has those kinds of guns as prohib.

for years, the CZ858 was non-restricted. By the letter of the law, this was a mistake, since they were made with converted receivers. Government caught the mistake, decided to just make it prohib overnight. Gun owners threw a hissy fit, RCMP made an exemption in the Firearms Act that specifically names 4 specific variants of the CZ858 that are non-restricted.

So fast forward to now, they determined that this special snowflake 858 is a different variant (even though it's literally just an engraving on the stock and pistol grip), and since it's a different variant, it's not covered by the exemption, and therefore is prohib by default.
>>
>>33450768
>Always see good shit on the EE
>Never buy it because frugal as fuck
>Regret it forever anyways

Should have bought that Sears model 64 winchester for 350$
>>
>>33450807
I can't buy it becuase am poorfag and my licence is in RCMP purgatory hell, so am nogunz at the moment, but fuck me I want one so bad
>>
>>33450807
>Really want to buy K31 and missed out when they first came here
>Sold in seconds on CGN, can't respond quick enough
>>
>>33450799
>since they were made with converted receivers.
Bullshit. That would involve welding parts back into the reciever.
They came from the same line as the FA recievers but were simply diverted to be built semi before being finished. Non were ever built as FA originally and the RCMP have never given any actual evidence otherwise.
>>
>>33450868
Still they could have argued easily converted anyway.
I'm looking at mine and all I would need is 5 minutes a drill and one part I can get off of ebay.
>>
>>33451078
Easily converted is also bullshit. No legal basis for it.
We need a gov. that's not afraid to rein in the cops.
>>
>>33451137
The only thing that even remotely defines "easily converted" is a judicial precedent. The decision was "easily converted by an average person using average tools you'd expect a typical person to have in a short amount of time".
>>
>>33450849
u want a K1911?
>>
File: File_000 - Copy.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
File_000 - Copy.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33451749
the catch is that is a sporter
I alrready have a K31 so im only going to keep one
>>
>>33450374
>>33450424
>>33450672
>>33450744
you guys don't seem to realize that it doesn't really matter what the study says or how fudged and clearly biased it is. 99.9% of the population won't look at he study, their entire information about the issue will be from the 5 minute specials by the CBC, the "I couldn't believe the total injuries number when I saw it! In this county, my god!" reaction from the talking heads online and the general spin that makes it look like children are dying by the hundred from dangerous murder machines laying around all over their living room.

since the focus of the spin is so much on "guns in the homes" I'm guessing the push is going to be to change storage laws, maybe make it so you have to store restricted at the range

after all, Mr. Crazy Gun Nut, that's the only place you can use it at anyway, no reason for such a dangerous thing to be in your home and to be traveling the streets on the way to and from the range ..the streets where innocent 25-year-old children named Tyrone can get senselessly gunned down by one of them, just playing outside :'(
>>
>>33449208
Someone should respond: Not alot for you to undo from trudeau
>>
>>33449779
Can't seem to find the video of it, but I recall seeing after the "orange crush" or something with the last election Mulclaire went and spoke on re-evaluating ndp values or something and advocated for socialism, feminism etc.

I think they were traditionally the leftist party, and they got out lefted by the liberals, and lost voters and npd areas, so they are going to try and outdo the liberals by bypassing them on the left spectrum.
>>
>>33451858
They are going to put out propaganda either way. I'd rather deal with easily dispelled propaganda.
>>
>>33448755
Just walk out with it in one hand and a crate of ammo in the other. I did that with an SVT 40 from canadian tire nobody batted an eye
>>
>>33452508
being able to easily dispel propaganda means fuckall if the propaganda is dispensed on a national level unchallenged and your audience is three and a half autists on an obscure Vietnamese tunnel-digging enthusiast community
>>
>>33452884
http://www.democracy-machine.com/press/main.php

Use this to send letters to the editors of pretty much every major paper in the country.
Keep it short and sweet.
Keep it factual.
Keep it polite.
Have someone proofread your letters before you send it/them.

I've gotten letters published numerous times through this. It's not that difficult.
>>
>>33453195
Ugh. Meant to put the "s" in letters in brackets. That just proves my point about proofreading, though.
>>
>>33453195
that's a neat tool, thanks Anon
>>
File: Bernier Firearm Laws.png (35KB, 913x486px) Image search: [Google]
Bernier Firearm Laws.png
35KB, 913x486px
Reminder that you only have until 17:00 Eastern Time to join the party if you want to vote Maxime Bernier as leader of the party.
>No more magazine capacities
>All guns over 26" OAL NR (Including semi-auto's)
>Banning guns would require parliament actually pushing through a bill, not just an Order In Council or the RCMP having their period
>People who have had firearms confiscated without compensation are to be given compensation for it because PROPERTY RIGHTS.
>Licenses last longer
>Easier access to the C(R)FSC
>>
>>33453358
We still good?
>>
>>33453397
It's going to be tight. It comes down to how many people put Bernier or O'Leary as 2nd or 3rd rank.
>>
>>33453644
Call them and ask.
>>
File: reeee.jpg (60KB, 444x794px) Image search: [Google]
reeee.jpg
60KB, 444x794px
>>33448259
>All over the news today is another study
>All over the news
>another study
>posts a portion of the same info and the same link as 3 posts above him
>>
I there any way to determine how accurate the polls on conservative candidates are? As much as I hate to admit it Oleary is seemingly leading.
>>
>>33453860
plz no :'(
that's like handing Trudeau the re-election
>>
>>33453860
Honestly if O'Leary wins I'd have no reason to vote at all.
>>
>>33453926
maybe we can try and join the liberal party and elect someone other than Justin. It be better than having no option afterwards.
>>
>>33453860
>>33453896
>>33453926
Most polls only ask for the #1 pick.
O'Leary is the #1 pick for over 20% of people polled since he joined. You need over 50% to win. Other than Bernier and Leitch, none of the other candidates even have over 10%. Many don't even reach 5%. It could go either way.

>>33453938
Nope. They are going to run Trudeau unless he has to step down for whatever reason. The NDP is in the process of picking a leader too, though.
>>
>>33453940
At this point in time Leadership of a party is almost like branding. People recognise a brand more than the policies the person wants to enact.
>>
>>33446725
Quick poll, im doing research into mental illness in Canada to present a case to the current candidates for the future election including the Trudeau government, without getting into to many details i suffer severe depression cause am afraid to seek treatment for many reasons but two big ones being, i am a firearms owner and were already extremely discriminated against, and theres is severely inadequate services for proper treatment of mental illness, infact mental illness isnt clearly define. But what i know is how many people on here are currently suffering but refuse to seek treatment out of fear of being treated poorly or even discriminated or persecuted? Im asking all those who have legitimately though of suicide, those who can hardly function due anxiety and ultimately suffer depression as a result, i already know a large number of poster have some mental health issue that theyre afraid to address. It angers me seeing the amount of people with problems, especially in the firearms community where its forbidden to talk about. The number of responses will be added to my letter and if you provide helpful examples that i can cite they will be added too.
>>
>>33451807
I'm trying for original condition, but I'll keep you in mind.
>>
>>33454207
I've had this discussion with numerous people before. It's frustrating because the default answer that people in the profession move towards is confiscating their firearms, even though it's one of their passions and/or critical for their lifestyle. There's a certain zen to target shooting that people outside the firearm community just do not understand because they've never actually given it a try and they just run off of preconceived notions from various forms of media over the years.

Take a look at suicide statistics, Anon. They are very telling.

When C-68 came into effect and lawful firearm acquisition became much more regulated than before, suicide by firearm rates dropped, but suicide by hanging went up by the same amount, leaving an unchanged total suicide rate, yet the entire time I've been part of this community, anti-gunners would point out the success of gun control legislation in reduction of suicide by firearm, but dead is dead. A person who kills themselves with a firearm is no more dead than a person swinging from their neck and the complete lack of empathy for the person by said anti-gun individuals churns my gut every time. They're more interested in some abstract ideological victory than actually improving the quality of life of these individuals.

... I feel like I could rant about this for hours, but I can honestly feel my blood pressure spike as I write this with increasingly shaky hands...
>>
>>33454207
Your going to use replies that don't have unique IDs for a response letter to the government?

For all you know, one guy can repeatedly reply to your post and make up different stories.

>including the Trudeau government
You probably won't get anything more than a government aid to hear you out, and send you on your way, before dismissing you to their boss as some gun nut.
>>
how long does it take to get the application sheets back after you complete the safety course? they said i would get them in the mail and it's been a few weeks and i still haven't got them.
>>
>>33454668
Took a month for mine. I assume Ontario?
>>
>>33454752
yeah, took the course near huntsville even though i live near orillia. i would assume it would process faster for me since it goes through the opp headquarters in orillia, but maybe not
>>
Please save us Irate Maximilian.
>>
>>33454872
Mine took 60 days.

The Ontario office has like one person working in it, and they usually have a backlog.
>>
Reminder that the latest poll puts Kellie Leitch and O'Leary well ahead of Mad Max in Conservative member support, and that their retarded supporters will ruin everything.
>>
>>33446725
>Join the Conservative Party of Canada
No, thanks
>>
File: c96-5.jpg (69KB, 640x556px) Image search: [Google]
c96-5.jpg
69KB, 640x556px
So I'm thinking of starting a small (eg. myself working in my shop) Canadian company that would make reproductions of older, sexy guns (pic related).
Would there be any interest in these? And in general how much would you guys pay for a C96 in Canadian dollerydoos?
>>
File: 1371060531570.jpg (383KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1371060531570.jpg
383KB, 1600x1200px
>>33457214
Reproduction guns are not nearly as feasible as people would like to think. Old guns like the C96 cannot simply be milled on a CNC and assembled from parts like a modern handgun. Each gun must be hand fit together buy a craftsman usually hiking the cost up higher than an original.
>>
>>33457214
>how much would you guys pay for

If it is less than $1000 and is a good quality firearm. Otherwise you might as well not bother.
>>
>>33457214

you'd lose so much money in R&D and testing that your per unit price would be so exorbitantly high that you'd never see a profit from day one.

there's a reason even big companies don't try to do this kind of thing.
>>
>>33457214
Tfw no modern c96 in 762tok
>>
>>33457263
This. A huge amount of hand crafting went into firearms manufacture a century or so ago. Roughly speaking, most of the fine finish or tiny details on a firearm were done by hand because machines of the lacked precision. Because labour was so cheap it didn't matter much in terms of the cost of large production runs, but it would drive you into unprofitability if done today
>>
>>33457214
Where would you set up?
>>
>>33457372
Probably in the Ottawa area.
>>
>>33446870

Canadian Tire in Bayer's Lake, ask for Justin or Paul. The sell the cheapest SKS's in town.
>>
>>33457214
Depends quality work on a 9mm or 7.62tok repro I'd pay up to 2k but at the high end I would expect some quality bluing.
>>
>>33457443
I'd probably do both of those calibres, just for convenience and preference. In terms of quality I'd aim for the same quality as the originals.
>>
>>33457339
>>33457369
Some firearms are better suited to modern manufacturing techniques than others.
>>
>>33457467
Well as the people said before I'd be hard but if you manage to do it i'll probably buy at least one if not one in each caliber.
>>
The Jager pistol would actually be pretty damn easy to manufacture with modern equipment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcr-KEQT0iM
>>
>>33457469
Such as?
>>
>>33457521
See: >>33457493

The vast majority of the machining can be done on a simple 3 axis mill.
>>
>>33457521
Webley/Enfield revolver in 9mm, 38spl, or 38/357
Some british armorer already makes a 357 one but ill be damned if im paying 20k for one.
>>
>>33457559
.22 WMR would be easier.
>>
>>33457570
.22WMR is useless i'd rather 22lr.
>>
>>33457580
Even out of a 2" snubnose revolver, 40 grain .22 WMR reaches the minimum penetration requirements in calibrated ballistic gelatin as recommended by the FBI while also allowing ~3 extra rounds compared to a similarly sized .38 Special cylinder with significantly less recoil.

Also, a .22 WMR revolver can easily be made with a replacement cylinder for .22 LR.
>>
>>33457594
Useless as in 9mm costs me less than 22 wmr and guess what its also not a bitch to find.
>>
>stg
>luger
>c96

Why are the most requested repros always naziboo guns?
>>
>>33457636
Because they demand the highest price on the used market.
For someone interested in the design of a firearm versus an eagle stamp its just not worth paying the collectors price.
>>
>>33457402
Not the same Anon, but I haven't been in Canadian Tire in ages
Do they actually sell guns there? Do you just find them in shelves or do you have to ask for them?
>>
>>33457821
Some CTs have a sporting/firearm section. Typically it's a bunch of glass walled cabinets with 1-3 people with keys for it at any given time.
>>
>>33457829
Nifty; are there any CTs that sell them in BC, ideally near Vancouver?
>>
>>33457854
Dunno. Go check them out or ask around.
>>
>>33446725
If I get my cfsc do I still need to get my pal or could I go buy a non restricted rifle after taking the course
>>
>>33457934
CFSC is the required course needed as part of the PAL application process. It's just another document to be submitted when you apply for your PAL.
>>
>>33457854
There are some Walmarts that sell guns in Canada too. I have personally seen a Walmart in Canada sell ammo (shotgun and rimfire). The CT nearby also sells guns and ammo.
>>
>>33458004
>There are some Walmarts that sell guns in Canada too.

Sure, if by 'guns' you mean airsoft and .177 pellet rifles. Some stores do sell ammo though, strangely enough.
>>
>>33458320
Apparently they sell guns in the Walmart in Sudbury. Not just your pellet and airsoft either.
>>
MCXs are legal here right? When will we ever get the MPX?
>>
>>33458364
Been in the lab a few years so maybe soon ish
>>
>>33458364
>On CGN from the SIG distributor
02-09-2017, 03:53 PM
"We have heard that the MPX is close to being looked at and we show receive some results soon on it. Once we know exactly where we are we will post and keep CGN updated. We know they are busy and these new items take time, we appreciate everyone's patience"
>>
>>33458364
>>33458944
>inb4 restricted classification due to being an "AR15 variant"
>>
>>33450868
I know that. I'm just explaining the reasons for what happened. I know it's bullshit.
>>
>>33459092
I'll probably get one wanted the R-Barreled option anyway.
>>
So I recently bought a brand new savage 10tr, burris scope rings, and a burris droptine scope

the scope bottoms out vertically - i can't get it to zero

what the odds a brand new savage rifle would have a misaligned rail? what the odds my scope would have a problem also brand new?

i didn't think you'd be required to shim a scope on a brand new rifle made to today's accuracy standards
>>
>>33459198
Odds are you might be right with the misaligned rail.
>>
>>33459225
well that sucks if that's the case

i shelled out a fair chunk of money for this stuff and was hoping it would all work

not really sure where to go at this point
>>
>>33459352
Warranty work, or go to where you bought it from and explain the issue and try to get it switched out for another one.
>>
>>33459388
e-mailed the store i bought the rifle from, also contacted burris

might send savage an email too
>>
>>33446870

Employee at rons here. I wouldn't say we are fudd like, if anything we are less so than Canadian tire considering we stock restricteds. As well our sks start at $225 with a wood stock.
>>
>>33460271

Of course on of you guys would fuck around on /k/.

Are you the young guy always with the touque who does the cool signs?

t. guy who always buys tons of 8X57 Mauser
>>
>>33449208
>right after deer season comes asylum seeker season
>>
>>33460315

Yeah that's me lol
>>
How big of a pain in the butt is it to own restricteds?
>>
File: 8mm assault drum.jpg (654KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
8mm assault drum.jpg
654KB, 1224x1632px
>>33460315
Whatcha paying for Mauser food?
>>
>>33460463

Small world man. Met a lot of guys I know here and on /o/.

Was in last weekend and bought a single point sling for my Vz. Haven't been out shooting in a while so didn't grab any of my usual ammo.

I did cut myself on a knife I bought there though for my birthday goddamnit the thing clearly has a taste for blood.
>>
What sidearm do conservation officers typically carry?
>>
>>33460517

A lot, no surp on this side of the country but I don't mind. Too fun not to shoot. How much you paying lad?

Heard a couple tons of Russian capture surp is coming in though.
>>
>>33460527
They carry Glock 22's here in Sask.
>>
>>33457214
>fat ass riding a long board carrying DPM remake
That would be me
>>
>>33460504
kind of annoying that you can only shoot them at a range, but it's not that bad
>>
File: IMG_1726.jpg (508KB, 1296x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1726.jpg
508KB, 1296x864px
>>33460542
I managed to find a small shop that still had 200rds of Romanian, I bought it all for 75 cents a round. Otherwise I get Sellier and Bellot for 1.50 a round.
>>
>>33460613

Yep, I shout the same S and B stuff. I've tried lots of varieties though, my Cabelas has Federal 170 grain and my surp store has Hornady stuff in which is excellent.

The Federal load makes it easier for my gf to shoot but at 42 bucks a box, that's a rare thing I only bust out during group shoots for people who are afraid of the bigger calibers.
>>
File: milsurp range day.jpg (946KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
milsurp range day.jpg
946KB, 1632x1224px
>>33460647
I love the mild thump of a k98 or No4.
>>
File: IMG_0665.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0665.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
What is the objective best non restricted semi auto rifle that I can buy in Canada? Is it a Tavor or XCR? Assume that price is not an issue but I need to remain within the legal confines of non-restricted rifles.
>>
>>33460948
>price is not an issue
Swiss arms then.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33460526

What model knife did you purchase? I don't get out to shoot often as I work on Saturday and most of the week. Getting out to musquidoboit is tough. It is a small world! I'm surprised how many people on here live in NS
>>
>>33457214
I just want Norinco to make an FN copy but I know those dicksticks at RCMP headquarters would shit their pants and cry muh prohibs
>>
>>33461047
What's the best option in .308?
>>
>>33460948
It all comes down to what you intend to do. I'd weigh the cost of ammo and what you deem to be except able accuracy. I'am sure I am missing some, but here are all non restricted fighting/black rifles I can think of.

>Simnov sks
>Norinco M305
>Just right carbine
>Cz 858
>Ruger mini 14
>Kel-Tec SU16
>Aero survival rifle
>CSA VZ 58
>Norinco T97
>Benelli MR1
>Armalight AR108-b
>Chris vector
>Kel-tec RFB
>FAMAE SG 542
>FAMAE SG 640
>H&K sl8
>Robinson xcr
>IWI tavor
>Bushmaster ACR
>Sig 550
>Valmet
>ATRS modern hunter
Soon to come?
>Type 81
>M10x
>SCAR 17
>>
File: 1386553613913.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1386553613913.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
>>33461114
Famae Swiss Arms clone in .308 :^)
>>
File: IMG_0370.png (979KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0370.png
979KB, 1242x2208px
>>33461136
Is Scar 17 actually coming to Canada? I think that's what I'd be in the market for in that case.
>>
>>33457854
Langley and abbotsford. Abby also has cabelas which is worlds better.
>>
>>33461208
I like this
>>
>>33461210
Apparently FN redid it, and resubmitted for review. Presumably they won't give the RCMP a full auto parts kit if they ask for it this time.
>>
>>33461210

IRG submitted another model with a new lower receiver group, so its all in the labs hands now.
>>
>>33461076

is that something new for the store? Very nice!

Cold Steel Recon Tanto, I dragged one around with me when I was in the army and lost it a few years back in a bad breakup so my current gf got me another for my birthday.
>>
>>33460929

I have a CSA 858 In 556 to pair up with my K98. Great minds think alike! Minus yours being in some commie caliber but I wont hold it against you.
>>
>>33461308

Nice! I think I actually remember talking to you about that at the store. In fact I totally do. I wish we had a c96 at the store so I could get another one! This one is mine.
>>
>>33461136
Kel-Tec RDB not in the "soon" list?

Is KT not even bothering?
>>
File: loudout.png (651KB, 539x817px) Image search: [Google]
loudout.png
651KB, 539x817px
>>33461353

Yep, I remember now. I use a ton of gear I bought from you guys through the fall/winter for training/camping/hunting etc.

Beautiful C96, you are very lucky.

Here's how I have the Bund webbing I got form you guys setup now. I have 4 double stack G36 mag pouches for my VZ, 2 dump pouches (one is a Bund canteen pouch and the other is one of those Rothco double pouches). I also lashed on some K38 pouches to the front for shits and giggles and moved the E-Tool to the back.

Works great! I shoot and hunt with this configuration. The reafr bread bag os offset to allow for the extra mag pouches and to bring the knife handle closer to my drawing hand as I lash my tanto to e top of the bread bag with the grip easily accessible by reaching backwards. It's a trick I picked up from British marines who still use this style kit from when I was still serving.
>>
>>33459198
kek

so i fucked up zero my rifle so bad because it has a 20 moa rail

tl;dr i bought a gun and scope above my current knowledge level
>>
>>33457829

My local Cambodian Tire has an entire firearms section that's always empty. 3 cabinets of guns, safes, ammunition, glass. I don't think I've ever seen another person in it. Or an employee.
>>
>>33461433

Nice set up, I used to have a ton of kit but I sold most of it to re invest in more guns, I've got a decent collection of ww1-ww2 pistols as well as my VZ 58, m1 carbine, sporter krag, and I'm putting down on a type 81 this week. I know I'm in for a wait but I'm patient.
>>
>>33462073
>Go to CT with guns
>Nobody around
>Press button to get salesman over
>Loudly announcing for someone to go to the gun section every 30 seconds for the next 5 minutes until someone shows up
>Awkwardly look at guns and attempt to make small talk for the next 3 minutes until I leave without buying anything
Every damn time I go.
>>
>>33462142
My local CT had a nugget sniibber rifffull for $950. I do occasionally buy target loads there though
>>
>>33461136
>>33461208
>FAMAE (Fábricas y Maestranzas del Ejército) is a Chilean state-owned firearms manufacturer.

so how's their build quality and reliability? like seriously, who owns anything made in latin america?

I'm intrigued but skeptical if a copy of a Swiss rifle is deserving of a Swiss price tag.
>>
>>33462595
From what I heard, despite dodgy circumstances, they're actually good quality. Can't speak from personal experience though.
>>
Does anyone have one of those Norinco 20" AR-15s with the ugly ribbed plastic furniture?

I'm considering snatching one and putting A1 or A2 furniture on it.
>>
>>33457854
If you are in vancouver, go to lever arms for sks. 200 dollars
>>
File: 1481263853778.gif (268KB, 279x279px) Image search: [Google]
1481263853778.gif
268KB, 279x279px
>>33461248
>>33461210
>>33461240
does anyone know for a fact if the new lower is actually being made by FN or if it's some janky piece of crap produced hastily by some fly-by-night operation to cash in on fragile canuck hopes and dreams?
>>
>>33465476
IIRC I run guns said its a Handl Defense lower on it. so something completely civilian made.
still I wouldnt hold my breath.
>>
>>33448358
This! The study lumps in air guns, airsoft and paintball but didn't differentiate the percentages of incidents these caused. I'm willing to bet the vast majority of injuries were caused by non-firearms.
>>
>>33448772
>>33450365
Came in a cardboard box, brought my case anyway though.

>>33448848
Did not come with the trigger lock, but bought one anyway

>>33452692
Was Stratford, probably could have done this
>>
File: IMG_1540.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1540.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33463729
I actually did that. It will easily accept A2 furniture. A1 requires a triangular handguard retainer. It is "correct" for an A1 otherwise, though. Shot straight. Wound up trading it off to an Anon. I gotta get it back soon.
>>
>>33467920
Currently building an A2, have a completed lower with stock and such. Just need an upper, but finding a 20" barrel that is 1:9 twist is difficult. As availability is almost non-existent, the closest thing I can find is the following: http://www.triggerwholesale.com/product/interarms-mil-spec-upper-complete-20-5-56-nato

http://www.lockharttactical.com/shop/brand/product/8564759-interarms-mil-spec-upper-complete,-20%E2%80%9D,-5-56-nato

The first doesn't seem to have the product available right off the site, the other seems to be available.
>>
Going to disassemble and clean my Russian SKS tonight. Bought it from Canadian tire yesterday.

Going to follow a basic online guide to the process, any neat tips any of you can give though?
>>
>>33468003
Should I buy a new cleaning kit or should I use the surplus brush and cleaning rod on the rifle?
>>
>>33468016
New kits are generally better quality. Not that the stock kit won't work or anything. Do get some nitro solvent and oil though.
>>
>>33460527
P226 in northern manitoba
>>
>>33468098
any recommendations on the solvent and oil?

swinging by Canadian tire after work to pick some up
>>
>>33468134
I personally use Outers, but really mostly because it's whats most available near me. Ballistol is supposed to be really good if you find it. Just so you know, CLP means you can use it as both a solvent and an oil, but generally isn't as good at either job as a dedicated oil or solvent. When you clean your SKS, just make sure to take it apart as much as you can and clean everywhere. The recoil spring on my SKS came super gritty, but I only had to clean it once.
>>
>>33468175
Also when you break it down don't forget to close the bolt before removing the dust cover, otherwise the op-rod spring will come shooting out at incredible speeds
>>
>>33468134

Outters for your solvent, and rem oil for everything else is simple enough. Don't oil gas component surfaces, dry thoroughly.
>>
File: gunshowflyer.jpg (173KB, 627x881px) Image search: [Google]
gunshowflyer.jpg
173KB, 627x881px
Anyone else in the Ottawa area going to the Grenville gun show this weekend?
>>
>>33468794
I might try to, but I live in Sherbrooke, so we will see.
>>
File: grinch in pain.png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
grinch in pain.png
177KB, 367x321px
>>33468794
>tfw my municipality banned gun stores and gun shows because we have gang shootings
>>
>>33468003
be careful when taking out the op rod

it can smack you in the finger and hurts pretty bad, make sure you have your finger right up to it as you release the spring

also make sure to clean and oil your bolt so that the firing pin can move smoothly
>>
Hey if you're in the Peterborough area there is a new indoor gun range opening up in May on hwy 115. http://easthilloutdoors.com/easthill-indoor-gun-range/

On 30 yards though. They are doing 24hr access with free gun rental for $95/month.

Co-worker was talking about it, was going to get a membership there after completing his RPAL course.

Personally it sounds a bit expensive and is a little out of my way. I'd probably stick to the gun range I'm at currently but would give this place a visit. Hopefully what they rent out is decent.
>>
File: image.png (858KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
858KB, 1350x900px
>>33468794
Did the really use the .45 from new Vegas on their poster?
>>
File: 1393276508779.png (448KB, 455x395px) Image search: [Google]
1393276508779.png
448KB, 455x395px
>>33469856
kek
>>
>>33457214
I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you're an idiot and you should give up this terrible idea.
>>
>>33468794
Ill be there early Saturday, fair warning its usually pretty shit but its at the range I go to so I can shoot after if I wanted to.
>>
>>33468794
I'll be going Sunday, I reckon. Are you one of the Ottawa meet anons?
>>
File: FV2kGSA.jpg (49KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
FV2kGSA.jpg
49KB, 960x540px
>>33461076
>I'm surprised how many people on here live in NS
AND YET NONE OF YOU WILL COME TO A FUCKING MEETUP
>>
>>33471057
Put out a burner email, and ask anyone interested to email it from their own burners. Then find a place that everyone can get to, and a time when everyone is available. Meet up nearby first, introduce yourselves, then go shooting if everyone is comfortable.
>>
File: IMG_1469.jpg (47KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1469.jpg
47KB, 1024x576px
/out/isti/k/ bagabon adventure ?
150$ for a 1 month unlimited use via rail
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/via-rail-deal-1.4045589?campaign_id=A100
If anyone wants to meet up hit me up. Is my burner [email protected]
>>
>>33471385
They ended that deal u dummy
>>
>>33471385
Does not allow firearms in checked baggage anymore.

>>33471441
Really it was just on the news today.
>>
>>33471446
>Really it was just on the news today.
Yeah apparently it was more popular than they expected, so they stopped selling.
>>
>>33471457
AHAHAH what a bunch of cucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33471441
The site got over loaded , know it's the first 1488 or 1887 or something, is slow as fun but just let it load. Also if you pre make an account it will go faster and be easier if it fucks up ( also get the prestige thing and u get points)
I'll be coming from the end of the line
>>
>>33471446
Shieeet

>>33471457>>33471441 I just got mine 20 min ago ( after like two tries )
>>33471457
>>
>>33471385
>Youth pass
damn youngfags
>>
>>33472024
Youth*
25>
Or
25< , and have a student card ISSC
>>
>>33472036
I'm 33. But I've always wanted to experience taking a train into the rockies. I guess I could afford to just pay full price to do it, but wheres the gibs me dats for adults?
>>
>>33472083
That's were I'm headed .
You don't need any ID when you buy it but you'll need a govt ID when your on the train. Either way I'll be bringing a camera to shitpost along the way
>>
>>33472083
I've taken the train between Montreal and Toronto. It's really relaxing. The acceleration is smooth, you don't have sharp turns and the KACHUNK KACHUNK of the rails is almost hypnotic. Way better than taking the bus.
>>
kanuck here
4chan says my ISP, IP range, or country is blocked from making a new thread. mods trying to kill canada general?
>>
>>33473140
theres like 70 posts left so i dunno why you would want to start another

>>33471472
>samsquanch_goes2Australia.jpg

Any canucks repair broken shit ?
currently
> making stocks and forends for singleshot stevens
>a birds head for a noble
> putting together a walther ( once the pieces come in )
>>
>>33467965
If you're not above buying Chinese, you can get a norc 20" barrel in 1 in 9 twist from Canada Ammo.

You can also buy the DA556 upper, but you get the old style handguard with no elevation adjustment.
>>
>>33473341
>499 for upper alone
>599 for complete DA556 gun
just buy the whole gun.
>>
>>33469536
>buy out of town
>track down the gangs with your own militia
>exterminate misunderstood youths and dispose of the bodies
>make argument that there is no gang violence in your municipality
>???
>profit
>>
>>33449867
know your enemy
>>
>>33461076
>musquidoboi
>literally named mosquito bite
WTF

but yeah the population of Nova Scotia is around 3% of Canada with likely higher representation (relative to population) here than Ontario or BC but probably not Alberta
>>
>>33473140
Might be isp or ip range, the only country blocks I remember was Australia and Russia when mootles got buttmad a few years ago.
>>
>>33474752
Max legalizing armed "street cleaning" squads when?
>>
>>33476464
We should probably have better deportation procedures for non-citizens who commit crime. That alone will clean up most big cities.
>>
>>33472083
I've taken the train from Toronto to Vancouver. It was mostly boring, but everything after Jasper was worth seeing. The Fraser canyon was gorgeous. There was a lightning storm while going through the prairie that was cool as well. It was validating that the most beautiful part of the trip was home.
>>
>>33468794

I'm one of the Ottawa anons but only moved here recently and have missed attending any meetups to date.
>>
>>33469992

I've actually been thinking of joining that range. Would you recommend it?
>>
MPX APPROVED!!!
Does not say what class.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1548175-Sig-Sauer-MPX-Now-Approved-!
>>
>>33478141
Its not bad. I would recommend it to anyone on in the city on a strict budget or someone in close to that range.
>Pros
Super cheap
Usually empty unless there's CAS or an event
No stupid rules on rapid fire
300m range is in progress (Building plans approved, fundraising underway, possibilities of further than 300m in the future)

>Cons
Guest passes are annoying to get and now charge $20 (used to be free)
Fudd's
Indoor pistol range is limited to TMJ Lead free primer ammo only and fire alarm goes of all the time. (Never actually used the indoor, prefer outdoor anyway, indoor range is 20 extra per year)
>>
>>33478298
NS updated their post.

First versions are classed as Pistols therefore 10 round mags restricted only, they are working in the early planning of doing a NR rifle version.
>>
File: mpxp-carbine-2017.jpg (84KB, 1500x700px) Image search: [Google]
mpxp-carbine-2017.jpg
84KB, 1500x700px
>>33478411
the carbine looks kinda goofy, but still hard to beat a finally modern PCC that'll be NR.
>>
>>33478298
>>33478411
Second update, clarified it is not an AR-15 variant.
>>
>>33478490
>but still hard to beat a finally modern PCC that'll be NR.
yup. would cop even though I fucking hate keymod.
>>
>>33478490
Only if they add a few inches to the barrel. "Not ar" does not mean not restricted.
>>
>>33478525
That's exactly what they'd be doing, but they're going to want to figure out cost vs benefit before they do custom barrels for Canada.
>>
>>33478525
obviously dude, but it gives you an idea of how it'll look.
>>33478505
keymods not so bad, MLOK is winning though and I bet their will be aftermarket rails eventually.
>>
>>33478537
>keymods not so bad, MLOK is winning though and I bet their will be aftermarket rails eventually.
Its been out a few years in the states there are aftermarket MLOK rails already.
>>
>>33478537
>>33478543
muh dik
>>
>>33478354
Possibly heading to the gunshow this weekend. What do you mean guest passes are annoying?

Like is it worth bringing my gun to be able to shoot a bit after I'm done with the show?
>>
>>33478564
I kinda hate carbon fibre handguards, but it is just a PCC so it'll be a gun to bang around
>>
>>33478587
It's really too late to get a pass, you need to be vetted and supervised by a member and you have to get approval from the board.

At the show they usually have a range with pistols to try or you can shoot a round of skeet for something like $5
>>
NS ANONS

WE HAVE WE NOT MET UP.

LITERALLY ONE OF THE DUDES FROM RON'S POSTED HERE, SOME CRAZY EX-MILFAG WHO ALREADY HAS A CREW WHO WOULD JOIN US AND A BUNCH OF OTHERS.

STOP BEING PUSSIES FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>>33478615
Ah OK, so it's barely even a guest pass, you've gotta basically go with a member. Thanks anon.

Yeah I saw that. Looking forward to live-fire fingerfuck some handguns and shotguns.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (93KB, 1274x1270px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
93KB, 1274x1270px
>>33478627

Am the dude who called your store Fudd-Tier.

Maybe I jumped the gun on that one, but eh. I've always had my reservations about non-major firearms outlets. Forgive me.

Also, fuck this weather. It can fuck right off.

I hate to ask so many questions, but do you have any cheap-ish shotguns, preferably 12 gauge?
>>
>>33478657
im wearing that shirt right now..
>>
>>33478657
Hey bud, I have a Mossberg 500 I trade, with cash, for a K31 if you want to sell one.
>>
>>33478678

KMFDM was a good band, let's be honest.

It pains me to say it in a way, but Eric and Dylan had really good taste in music.
>>
>>33478627
The Halifax Navy Army store?

I just placed an order from them for two super grade SKS's lmao
>>
>>33478657

I'm not the lad from Ron's, I'm the dude who chatted with him about buying a knife a few posts ago.

Last I was in there they did have a few shotty's, no idea what the prices were. I'll recommend CT in Bayer's Lake again, they had some cheap as fuck 12 gauge pumps in there.

Try Green Diamond (the John Deer Dealer) out by the DMV in Bayers Lake as well, they have a surprisingly great selection of guns and boolet.
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-30+at+02.58.32).jpg (213KB, 997x586px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-30+at+02.58.32).jpg
213KB, 997x586px
>>33478709
I've got abunch of their records, with that limited edition Symbols one they put out on the way, i've always been a huge fan of them, but yeah they did have pretty bitchin' music taste, except for smashing pumpkins.
>>
>>33478709

Yeah again I'm not the Ron's guy but I buy a lot of stuff from them. See >>33461433

Pretty good crew of guys though, always willing to bring in odd stuff if I ask, or at least look. Still trying to get 130 grain 8x57 from PPU
>>
>>33478737

I keep hearing about CT in down in Bayer's Lake, suppose I'll have to go check that out at some point in April. Haven't been down that way in ages for some reason.

>>33478744

That's a damn good collection, color me jealous for sure haha.
>>
>>33478657
Is that bradley cooper
>>
>>33478777
Thanks! if you're looking to collect them check discogs, you can find some surprisingly good prices, XTORT and Money cost about 30 and 20 respectively and they both came in mint (the exception being some sleeve wear on xtort)
>>
>>33478777

Ask for Justin or Paul, both know their shit Justin is an active enthusiast.

Also we are getting a Cabela;s soon so there's that. I travel to Moncton for work a LOT so I can hit Cabela's, Bass Pro, Doctor Deals etc.

But my Vz58 in 556 for 900 bones up there.
>>
>>33478764

I've bought a decent amount of kit from them, never had any issues. Was more than happy, that's for sure.

>>33478789

Had no idea about the Cabelas, that's awesome. And I'm pretty sure someone mentioned Justin a few days ago, name sounds familiar. Either way, thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>33478789
What's the best price you can get on 556, even if you hand load?
>>
>>33480181
About 15¢
>>
>>33480237
>>33480181
are you an american? wrong fucking thread or what? 15c is impossible here even for loading.
>>
>>33478709
>It pains me to say it
I would have been good friends with these dudes
>>
File: winchester-50.jpg (187KB, 900x235px) Image search: [Google]
winchester-50.jpg
187KB, 900x235px
I found a listing for a used Winchester Model 50 in my area for around $250. It's in good condition allegedly, so if this is in fact true would it be a good purchase? I'm not too familiar with it.
>>
>>33470035

Once I attend my first meet, yes.
>>
>>33478779
Yeah, it's a cut scene from American Sniper.
>>
>>33468794
Other Ottawanon here, that would be more than a 2hr drive for me but I am tempted. Although it looks fudd as fuck.
>>
>>33480331
I get powder and primers when cheap and the bullets and brass are just about free. Could probably even shave a few cents of that price if I cared enough.
>>
>>33480376
It's a pretty unusual design, you can find out more details here:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/winchester_M50_shotgun.html

You probably won't be able to shoot steel with it, but other than that, it seems like a neat design with some nice history behind it.
>>
Question to any Combat Arms-fags here; C7 or C8? Does the shorter barrel, a s t h e t i c s, decreased accuracy, etc, really make a difference? I'm currently deciding on a build. Which did you prefer? I could use the input.
>>
>>33481305
it decreases velocity not accuracy. a 24 inch barrel is just as accurate as a 10 inch barrel.
and even so you can easily push a 14.5" gun to 600-800 meters with good optics.
>>
>>33481527
I mean this is technically true, but surely bullet drop should be factored into the accuracy equation.
>>
>>33446725
Received political mail from Kellie Leitch today soliciting donations, sending the postage paid envelope back with blank forms signed Maxime Bernier. Did I do good /pol/?
>>
File: IMG_20170330_184819.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170330_184819.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>33481724
Forgot pic
>>
File: precision_accuracy.png (162KB, 2040x1363px) Image search: [Google]
precision_accuracy.png
162KB, 2040x1363px
>>33481541
not really, even if the rounds land sooner than your target they're still gunna land in the same spot with every pull. this would be more of factoring bullet drop to compensate for precision, not accuracy
>>
>>33481780
actually, I got that backwards. your thinking precision will be somehow affected with short barrel guns, it wont. "accuracy' might be affected by short barrels in the sense it'll drop sooner than a longer barrel but thats simply ballistics regardless of your barrel length, since both rifles can engage to 800 meters without issue
>>
>>33478490
other than the silly rails I like it

I'd like it even more if it was just a sten
>>
File: 20160824_133956.jpg (373KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20160824_133956.jpg
373KB, 1280x720px
>>33481853
This is my 16" chinko norinco AR out of the box. I got a neat brake later on Amazon that makes a big difference with recoil.
I want to get one of those rubber stoppers too eventually
>>
File: DSC03440.jpg (914KB, 1965x1104px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03440.jpg
914KB, 1965x1104px
>>33482005
>rubber stoppers
the what?
do you mean a accuwedge? they dont do shit.
and I've taken my 14.5" rifle to 600 all day like it was boring. but yeah those norincos got decent barrels in them
>>
>>33482043
>rubber stoppers

I've seen people put rubber bumpers inside the buffer tube behind the spring. Not sure if that's what he meant.
>>
File: acw.jpg (2KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
acw.jpg
2KB, 90x90px
>>33482043
>>33482222
This thing here
The upper on mine shakes a little bit more than I'd like
>>
>>33482222
oh right those things. just change your buffer weight and springs and it'll be better
>>
>>33482249
it has zero effect on accuracy though and is a full gimmick. but you do you m8.
>>
"slower bullets don't make a gun less accurate at 800m" - a knownothing dipshit
>>
>>33482431
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/10/daniel-zimmerman/the-truth-about-barrel-length-muzzle-velocity-and-accuracy/
I mean, prove it otherwise faggot?
the gun remains the same MOA accuracy regardless of barrel length.
>>
>>33482431
This is skeletor we're talking about. I think most people here know not to listen to anything he says.
>>
>>33482363
You'll need to elaborate without being an arse

>tripfag
fuck off nevermind you cunt
>>
>>33482005
the accuwedge only helps with the wobble between upper and lower reciever...it has nothing to do with the barrel and accuracy
>>
File: DSC01806.jpg (625KB, 1781x996px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01806.jpg
625KB, 1781x996px
>>33482488
there has been various tests done on this subject even with tests going to extremes and welding the upper and lower together. it all had zero effect on precision since the lower doesnt effect any part of the barrel harmonics.
any CAF armorer I've know and beyond that soldiers all chuck them because they're useless.
or take them out and sell them to retards who believe it works.
>>
>>33482533
well if it stops the wobble then it works fucknuts
>>
>>33482556
>stops the wobble
except you know the whole point of it is to make your gun more accurate, which it doesn't do.
its not the wobblewedge.
>>
>>33482571
meant to say it solves my wobble problem
not trying to be Mr Sniper cock just improving my chink rifle a bit calm down there
>>
>>33482596

CAF infantry
MOA@500. Literally nobody uses those pieces of shit.
>>
>>33482596
like I said you do you then, they do make takedown more difficult
>>
>>33482640
Oh fuck off new guy

>muh infantreeeeee

t. was also infantry
>>
about a year ago i heard we might get some pps-43 rifles imported into Canada. any idea if it happened.

as i have a sub machinegun fetish, are their any decent handgun caliber rifles on the market?
>>
>>33481024
Thanks, my man.
>>
>>33461136
>tfw left handed stance, left eye dominant

Should I still get my PAL?
>>
>>33482908
I don't think the 43's passed inspection.
>>
>>33482908
MPX now.
>>
>>33482955
You aren't cross dominant so you'll be fine, just pay a bit more for left handed actions.
>>
>>33482640
>Muh Infantryyyyyy
And? Same here. Who caaaaares.
>>33482249
Those can help with wobble, but eh, unless it's severe, it's no big deal.
>When I got pic related and the fit was so tight that a wobblewedge couldn't even fit.
>>33481305
I much prefer the C8. Seems to balance a bit better to me.
>Whynotboth.jpg
>>
>>33467920

All of my syrup. I need this
>>
>>33483009
Fair enough, only thing is that most of the posted list will have brass hitting me in the face without modifications.

I like how you can swap the sides on the Tavor easily, but that price. Ouch. Off the top of your head, any other lefty friendly semis I should be looking out for without modification/accessories? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>33483357
VZ58 and SKS aren't bad, and you can get (rare) LH bolts for the VZ. They eject forward, and it's not hard to use the bolt with your right hand.
>>
>>33483407
Thanks, was actually reading up on both of those hah. I really don't mind working the bolt offhand. Brass in face is the bigger concern. Looks like I'll be doing that May PAL course then.
>>
>>33483357
Most guns don't throw brass back that badly.
Most AR's have a brass deflector, I'd avoid the slick side ones that don't have them tho.
VZ58(7.62), SKS, Semi-shotguns, M14 etc i've never had any brass problems.
Type 97 only hits me if i'm really leaning into the sights. (but you sure can feel the gas hit your face.)
>>
Is there any sort of resource to find crown land in your area?
>>
>>33483475
Most semi autos with an open top (like the SKS) will eject forward, and most standard style (as opposed to bullpup) rifles will eject in front of your face far enough that it won't hit you.
>>
>>33483490
>>33483535
Thanks friends. Signing myself up for May.
>>
File: IMG_1803.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1803.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33483064
Mmmmmmmm, I gotta buy it back. Swap the handguards for newer ones, upgrade the sights, anodize the whole thing. Anon even swapped the pistol grip for a proper A1 one. I plan to let him keep the optic to sell at his descretion.
>>
>>33483596
Best of luck anon.
>>
New thread plox.
>>
New thread

>>33484452
>>33484452
>>33484452
>>
>>33483613
>wearing CADPAT after you're out
>>
File: IMG_7108.jpg (303KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7108.jpg
303KB, 960x960px
>>33484601
>Not keeping as much kit as you can
Cheeky cunt. I do what I like. I love goofing around in my old kit.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.