[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

exaggerated draw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: hg_1207_061a5.jpg (56KB, 210x229px) Image search: [Google]
hg_1207_061a5.jpg
56KB, 210x229px
Why do some guys have such exaggerated draw strokes?

In this vid the instructor tells him to lose all the extra arm motions, but he keeps tucking his left arm.

I draw very similar to the instructor, tip in holster come together where you would clap, and definitely not punching with the pistol.

Pic related
>>
Whoops forgot link

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=BMSlCyc-SQQ
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 1024x576px
I will never pay some Fudd or veteran to instruct me to shoot. Waste of money.
>>
>>33446652
Seeing as how most guns are carried concealed it's smart to train your hand to go where the cover garment would be located.

I don't even know why people practice draws from open carried retention-less holsters, it's absolutely useless anywhere off the range.
>>
File: thigh carry.jpg (59KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
thigh carry.jpg
59KB, 600x600px
real men thigh carry
>easier and more comfortable to conceal
>you can easily draw without drawing too much attention
>comfy af
>>
>>33446934

>implying there is room for anything between /k's thighs
>>
>>33446934
>have to raise leg to comfortably draw
>putting yourself off balance
>implying they aren't just going to command grab ur shit
>>
>>33446652
Because for more than a few guys, carrying a gun is just part of their identity performance. They subconsciously want the draw to look cool because it validates their self-worth.
>>
>>33446934
this is a great idea, i carry like this. im pretty insecure so i carry a colt python in between my legs and my self confidence is through the roof. especially when a little bit of the tip of the barrel is exposed past my shorts.
>>
>>33446972
>kneeing down
>off balance
how fat are you?
>>
>>33446652
>Why do some guys have such exaggerated draw strokes?
Its how they practiced, right or wrong. I was taught to tuck my "guard" arm just like the moldy labia guy is doing. Theory being that you can defend yourself with that arm while drawing as well as keep clothes out of the way of your draw. I appendix carry and it feels natural to me. Do what suits you the best OP.
>>
>>33446652
left arm goes there to pull the shirt back usually
also so you don't shoot yourself in the left hand
>>
>>33446934
>thigh carry
>real men
Real men don't wear booty shorts.
>>
>>33446864

"I can't shoot for shit and I'm poor" - the post
>>
>>33446908

my CC is OWB in HTC low pro rig, so my draw is almost exactly the same on the range and off.
>>
>>33447190

>implying you need to pay people for training when youtube exists.
>>
>>33447209
Youtube can't correct your form or help you create workarounds, both are very useful resources anon.
>>
There's an inherent safety in tucking your supporting hand and meeting your firearm from the rear, rather than the "clapping" maneuver shown. Many folks coming from longarm shooting do it instinctively. The progression shown in your video is pretty much textbook, in that the student has a good handle on range safety first (the instructor even comments on that) and they refine execution from there. Speed is important, but it's worth learning a specific set of movements (ie wrist alignment, trigger control) to keep from having to let your training take over and calling your parents.

Moreover you can see that these men are practicing what could be considered a duty draw, or more likely sporting draw. This allows you to ready your stance/clothing before engaging. However, if you need to draw from a concealed hoster, you may have to clear an article of clothing, so your nondominant hand may already be near the body.

Really, (and as the video points out) everyone's going to be slightly different, and only doing it a million times will make YOU better
>>
>>33446652

Because they think it looks cool. For real dude, that's really it. It's like martial artists vs a boxer/kick boxer. The martial artist has beautiful form and looks cool as fuck, but his techniques are stupid and there's too much extra motion for it to be useful. Meanwhile, the boxer/kick boxer doesn't look cool, but all of his movements are direct, fast, economic.

People want to learn martial arts because it looks cool in movies and you'll feel like a badass. people want to learn super operator draw strokes and "range theatrics" because it looks cool in movies and it makes them feel like a badass.
>>
>>33447225

>film self
>notice what you're doing wrong
>correct
>>
>>33446652
It's what Pat McNamara calls range theatrics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzwVXA9J620
>>
File: IAGrUxN.jpg (28KB, 468x386px) Image search: [Google]
IAGrUxN.jpg
28KB, 468x386px
>>33447149
you were saying?
>>
>>33447415

no wonder they lost.
>>
>>33447377
Why does PMac always wear that rag in his belt?
>>
>>33447534
Sweat/grease
>>
>>33447534
Because it makes him look fabulous.
>>
>>33447500

>no wonder they lost.

They only thing they "lost" was the politics. Militarily speaking they were very successful.
>>
>>33447415
We had this discussion with this same picture a couple days ago. That was you right? Do you just refresh /k/ all day looking for an excuse to post mens legs? If so you're alright in my book
>>
>>33447661

trolled :)
>>
Operatorfag from video
>I don't play darts

I bet he and my eight year old would get along great.

>Those tattoos

Clearly a self destructive individual with poor decision making skills. At least he made himself easy to spot so I know to pack up and leave the range when he shows up.
>>
>>33447534
Same reason Meat Loaf had his, instant sweat rag and you could probably use it for a bunch of other things.
>>
File: 1383003480206.gif (29KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1383003480206.gif
29KB, 125x125px
>>33447893
>le trolled xD
>>
>>33446864
Joey is literally disgusting. I have no idea why anyone watches his channel.
>>
>>33448826
Its actually comfy after a while
>>
>>33447661
>losing politically
Utter failures not meant to rule.
>>
File: 5456838568.png (6KB, 688x317px) Image search: [Google]
5456838568.png
6KB, 688x317px
>>33448756
>>
>>33446656
>>33446652

Because you need repeatability in a draw you dumb fag.

That's why there are always 4 steps in any draw
>>
>>33448967
What are the four steps?
>>
>>33449032

Literally Google "four point draw"
>>
>>33446652
Because in a situation that it is necessary if you don't move far enough, you'll likely get fucked.
>>
That dude being instructed is killing me. Looks like he thought more about his outfit to look like a shooter rather than actually shooting.

>super curved bill
>multicam hat w/patch
>weapon light
>550 cord bracelet
>full sleeves
>beard

It's like he dressed how he thinks an operator should dress. Either way I'm glad everyone is getting more and more into shooting and owning firearms because the laws will get better the more they become mainstream.
>>
cause dum
>>
>>33446934
Yeah, if your a prostitute.
>>
>>33450143
I agree with everything, but whats wrong with a weapon light?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.