[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reloading Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Well, hello there.jpg (47KB, 499x314px) Image search: [Google]
Well, hello there.jpg
47KB, 499x314px
I am considering to buy equipment for reloading. I will be reloading: 223, 45, 357, 7.7 Jap. This is just to start. May do 9mm, if the cost/round can get low enough. I know I will need a press and stuff to go along with it. Is there a good reloading book for beginners that will cover these?
>>
>>33442891
Speer, Nosler, and Hornady reloading manuals include guidelines, warnings, and and instructions for beginners. They're manuals, not cookbooks.

Pick whichever one you think you'll be buying more bullets from. Or get all of them, books are always great shelf decoration.
>>
>>33442891
There are actually a bunch for free on Amazon if you're a prime member. Not sure how good they are. I ordered a lee kit and it came with a pretty comprehensive book. Pretty happy with the kit so far.
>>
>>33442923
Same.

I got the progressive press kit and the book is fucking THICC
>>
>>33442891
.223 isn't really worth the time. Is rather focus on 7.7 jap if I were you.
>>
>>33442891
Iraqveteran8888 has some ways to get yourw reloading costs way down in his reloading videos.
>>
File: 1477898676685.jpg (28KB, 308x452px) Image search: [Google]
1477898676685.jpg
28KB, 308x452px
Holy fuck, trimming cases might be the most boring and tedious aspect of reloading. Between manually working the trimmer, measuring, and de-burring by hand, I was only able to process 50 cases per half hour.

Any ideas on a faster trimming solution that isn't the same price as the rest of my reloading setup combined? I reload for precision, but not competition level, so any solution that can keep to 1.755-1.745 would be fine.
>>
>>33443212
I use a lee trimmer chucked in an electric drill. It still sucks, but far faster than doing it by hand.
>>
>>33442891
I have the Hornady book and it does well.

Also a tip, get a Lyman case prep tool when you buy a reloading kit. I wish I would bought mine a year and a half sooner. It's so much nicer than the crappy little tool that comes with a Lee single stage kit.
>>
>>33443212
No the worst part if reloading is powder measure, unless you have a rcbs
>>
>>33443540

Nah, I have a powder throw. Two batches of load testing and now I just verify every tenth load is still within spec.
>>
File: wft.jpg (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
wft.jpg
11KB, 400x400px
Anybody ever use pic related? I have a dinky drill press I can throw it in, it it will keep it's cutting depth setting.
>>
>>33444482
>>33443226
>>33443212
You could put a jig in a mill/drill-press and set a depth-stop if you have something better than chinese drill press.

I mean set the depth stop on the quill, but this might work too: >>33444482
>>
>>33443398
>Also a tip, get a Lyman case prep tool when you buy a reloading kit. I wish I would bought mine a year and a half sooner. It's so much nicer than the crappy little tool that comes with a Lee single stage kit.

Noted. Thank you anon.
>>
>>33444497
Are there many garage drill presses with depth gauges accurate to 0.005"?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.