[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Middle East General - Rojava Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 304
Thread images: 73

File: C72znFXVMAEORms.jpg (173KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
C72znFXVMAEORms.jpg
173KB, 1200x800px
last thread 404'd
so yeah, how about that?

>Self-declared Northern Syria (Rojava) Autonomous Administration to open representation offices in the US and the UK soon: official.
>>
File: C73phbaW4AEudTZ.jpg (577KB, 1638x1438px) Image search: [Google]
C73phbaW4AEudTZ.jpg
577KB, 1638x1438px
>>33440091
I'll talk about the SDF/YPG near Raqqa. Would you have believed after IS blitzed Tabaqah airbase a few years ago the SDF would be the one's retaking it? It would have blown my mind back then.

IS hasn't had any counter attacks for them as SDF/US SF did a airborne op across the lake either. IS can't attempt to re take Tabaqah airbase. USAF bombers would blow them sky high if they tried to bum rush this open desert like they did the Saaf/SAA.
>>
>>33440964
i wonder what the higher ups in IS are thinking right now...
>>
Doubt it, simply because the Turks would be pissed.
>>
>>33440964
>It would have blown my mind back then.
If you told me that they have the full support of russian and american air power and a lot of western SF hand holding, then its not that unbelievable.
Its not like the SDF itself has become uber competent (or we dont know)
>>
>>33442401
They know their business better than most of the other chucklefucks in the region.
>>
>>33441733
they should probably cut their losses in Iraq move all of their forces into Syria
>>
>>33442515
We don't know shit what they know. All we know is that ISIS moved through them like a hot knife through butter until USAF came to the rescue. We also know that western SF have been deployed with them on the front line with all the latest in killing devices. I can't remember a single advance YPG made without piggybacking on someone else, be it USAF, RuAF, SAA, the exception being NDF garrison in Hakasha
>>
File: C77aBgxXUAIRNme.jpg (159KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C77aBgxXUAIRNme.jpg
159KB, 1200x675px
>>33441733
They should had seen the warning signs when the airbase was bombed to shit 3 weeks back.
>>
Maybe this is already old news. 2 companies of 82n Airborne, about 200 men evidently, is being sent to the ME. Some will be sent to Qayyarah Airfield West; where the rest goes is not known at present.
>>
>>33442615
>All we know is that ISIS moved through them like a hot knife through butter until USAF came to the rescue.

They were a light militia fighting outnumbered 3-1 against artillery and tanks, they did pretty fine.
>>
>>33443896
>revisionism
fuck off and go watch American Sniper retard
>>
>>33443977
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Koban%C3%AE

Whatever you say delusional Roach.
>>
>>33443977
Lol?
>>
>>33442614
There's nothing left in Iraq lol

A couple hundred guys besieged in Mosul is all.
>>
i had a dream last night where i was a captive of IS but i needed medical help so they let me see a doctor
i had to promise them i wouldn't let the doctor touch my right buttcheek because sharia
sorry for blogposting, had to get this off my chest
>>
File: MajoriHoms.jpg (86KB, 960x637px) Image search: [Google]
MajoriHoms.jpg
86KB, 960x637px
>>
The SAA captured the village of Marzaf today further pushing back rebels as they stalled in their Hama offensive the last few days but not without some loses.

Another direct hit with a TOW on SAA troops in Marzaf by the same TOW wreaking crew. These guys have raked up some kills. In fact this looks more deadly than their last strike the other day due to the angle, shrapnel and... bodies thrown around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=78&v=ap90sNUX-_c
>>
>>33444684
jesus fucking christ, AGAIN
>>
File: far out.png (493KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
far out.png
493KB, 1200x675px
ISIS is like... far out man , u no wat i'm sayin bro
>>
>>33444837
well they too like to dabble on some speed once in a while...
>>
>>33444684
Christ, when will these idiots learn not to stand around in large groups in the open?
>>
>>33444804
these guys are so helplessly retarded
>>
File: FB_IMG_1489639878173.jpg (11KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1489639878173.jpg
11KB, 350x200px
>>33444979
>>
>>33444837

I admit it. I didn't think the ISIS would be able to get Ron Jeremy on their team. Maybe they really do want to get fucked.
>>
>>33444420
They still have Al-Qaim, Tal Afar and ive read a few articles recently claiming they are regrouping and turning back into an insurgency style force especially in Diyala province north east of Baghdad.
>>
>>33445123
I'm assuming they'll go back to hit and run style videos to get recruitment back up again and try and restart the whole process

They have a whole slew of villages and towns in Ramadi so they still got some enclaves to operate out of
>>
>>33444096
Did you even read your own wiki post. Seriously, ISIS moved through them. Only stooping when they reached the city. And by the time ISIS was in USAF was already bombing them. YPG received 1500 reinforcements from Turkey before urban fighting. Also all these reports of thousands upon thousands of ISIS fighters are from Kurds. No doubt that ISIS did keep feeding the men in but the initial attack wasn't lunched by a division sized element that's for sure. Plus ISIS wasn't packing a tank regiment ether. One would think that ISIS was Wehrmacht '42 from all the talk about ISIS armor, artillery. You can say what you want, I call it as I see it and ISIS would have wiped the floor with YPG without USAF.
>>
>>33445144
Those hit and run weren't propaganda. It was a systematic elimination of "awakening" members. It was designed to behead the Sunni leadership in Iraq and make it easy for ISIS to take over once Maliki went to far. Since there is no such opportunity now, I doubt that they will focus of that. If they are smart they will focus on targeting pro Iraqi leadership, possibly try to get Maliki back into power.
>>
>>33444684
they NEVER learn jesus christ
>>
>>33445354
They killed a fuckload of troops/cops in those videos as well

>that video where they dress up like special forces and execute all the cops at checkpoints around the city
>>
>>33441733
>i wonder what the higher ups in IS are thinking right now...

Thinking, We should've gone full al'qaeda, attack the head of the snake.

No fucking way they are going to establish a caliphate across two nations. Especially when those nations each have their own world superpower redy and willing to proxywar the whole thing
>>
>>33445373
True, But I think the main aim was to destroy the system that US left behind, where Sunni tribes policed Anbar and kept AQ out. And they did it perfectly. Maliki being greedy fuck also helped I guess.
>>
>>33445398
Maliki and his cronyism has destroyed Iraq more than we ever did
>>
>>33445411
US fucked up bad, but US also fixed it. Maliki fucked up, and is now going to get back into power promising to do it once again.
>>
File: _76070203_isis.png (402KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
_76070203_isis.png
402KB, 960x540px
>>33445396
>>
>>33445396
Imagine if ISIS solely focused on Syria
>>
>>33445411
We put him there. But thats a discussion for pol.
>>
>>33445435
well Obama's unwillingness to become involved in Iraq's security again once things started to deteriorate also didn't help.
>>
>>33445521
They wouldn't have got so big without going to Iraq. Rebels were fighting them already in Syria with OK results. When they retreated the fuck out to Iraq and came back stronger thats when the tide changed. They had so much money in those days they were richer than countries.
>>
>>33445373
I remember that video from 2012 or 2013 where they did that they claimed they had warrants from Baghdad and were arresting people and then executing them at the side of the road they had a ton of crazy videos from around that time before they were actually taking over and controlling territory like a conventional force.
>>
>>33445553
didn't they get to loot the central bank (or something) in mosul?
where did all that money go? i remember hearing about hundreds of millions worth of gold/money being looted but that's just my memory, i might be talking out my ass
>>
>>33445547
He had no choice. So long as Maliki was in power he wasn't going to let US back in. And there was no way to force him out until something big went wrong. The biggest mistake was that US didn't force Maliki out when it was decided to leave. He simply had to much time to build his network, hell he built Iraqi government from ground up under under US patronage. Had he been forced into a retirement the new generation of Iraq officials wouldn't have had the network to try going Saddam 2.0.
>>
>>33445573
ISIS has looted probably into the billions by now, they have an entire blackmarket economy running things like oil and gold
>>
>>33445573
It was billions. Yes the bank in Mosul was the big haul. Other than that we can only really speculate. I speculate a huge amount was used to bribe and for wages. Weapons were bought no doubt but loyalty is worth more than weapons in my opinion. Oh and of course the Baath guys would of horded a lot. Thats just my opinion.
>>
>>33445553
Obama fucked up when eastern FSA was asking for weapons to fight ISIS. Had he given them the weapons they could have stooped ISIS takeover. Instead they were forced to turn to Nusra and AAS for protection. Also before someone says "Moderates". The largest Arab group in SDF was once an FSA unit, they asked for weapons to fight ISIS, got a "No" and than were forced to become part of Nusra to avoid being wiped out. If it was OK to give them weapons after they had been part of AQ it sure as fuck would have been OK to give them weapons before.
>>
>>33445628
I would agree that the FSA died at almost the same moment ISIS rose. Funny that. Anyone who says there was not moderates in the FSA back in those days was not around back in those days. FSA was once run by moderates as crazy as that sounds today.
>>
>>33445628
Those FSA guys are the original dudes who surrounded Deir ez-Zor in 2012
>>
>>33445642
When i say moderates i don't even mean Islamics. Back in those days they were you and me. They shared our western values and we hung them out to dry.
>>
File: Su34.jpg (86KB, 1199x810px) Image search: [Google]
Su34.jpg
86KB, 1199x810px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KGd-SqEQGQ
>>
So the kurds are planning to (hopefully) integrate Raqqa into their federal sub-system within Syria. In other words, it looks like they're looking to assume complete control over the region and will most likely hold on to it until/unless they hash out a deal with the SAA.

In other words, it could mean that the Kurds increase and consolidate their territory and through that their political power in Syria.

If for whatever reason the SAA isn't able to take on direct responsibility over Raqqa or unable to provide something of equal or greater value to trade, Kurds are gonna increase their power.

And while I do admit that the Kurds are already fairly powerful in Syria, if they keep Raqqa, they will consolidate their power and go from a Northern Syrian power to a national power. However I wonder where the SDF would get the manpower and resources to police and rebuild a city of that size (hell even to take the city) if they plan on seizing it for themselves.

The federal system would have three autonomous zones set up in northern-Syria and would be headed mostly by Kurdish groups.
>>
>>33446182
I think they'll do a land swap with the government going all the way back to their cantons in return for autonomy.

That is what both the US and Russia would push them for I'd imagine.

Them holding the land could prolong the civil war which is what no party wants.
>>
>>33446182
just in, SAA agreed at a territory swap with rebels. In the swap, SAA pockets in the Idlib province will be swapped out for rebel held villages in Damascus.

>>33446191
kinda, the fact that they said they want to integrate it into their government structure points the other way though. Maybe its a way to force the SAA to concede more when they swap Raqqa for whatever they want (by making it look like they want to keep it). But this makes me more inclined to think that they genuinely want to keep it or increase their influence in the city.
>>
File: 1422972963941.png (266KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
1422972963941.png
266KB, 680x583px
>>33446182

>kurds are planning to (hopefully) integrate Raqqa into their federal sub-system

>ONE MILLION ARABS NIGGER
>>
File: get a load of this goy.jpg (84KB, 894x503px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this goy.jpg
84KB, 894x503px
>>33446359
sorry bb, just reporting what AMN said. I have a bias, but I try to leave that aside unless im analyzing things.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/kurdish-leader-expects-raqqa-to-join-federal-system-in-syria/
>>
>>33444684
We don't see many videos of it, but 30+ rebels got RUSSKIE'D today in an airstrike.

Neither side appears to learn tbqh
>>
>>33445573
>>33445598
>>33445615
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/635657/Islamic-State-video-US-airstrike-destroying-ISIS-bank-Iraq
A lot of that money went up in flames... literally
>>
>>33445373
Been awhile hasn't it

ISIS going full Iraqi specops impersonation. I think that was 2014.

Fuck I've been here too long
still waiting for the Zabadani KFC.
>>
>>33445411
>invade and bomb the fuck out of Iraq for 8 years
>hurdur the iraqi we put in power is the reason for the shitshow!
>>
>>33445521
They actually blobbed in Syria because of infinite US weaponry/cash from Iraq.

They took Iraq July 2013-June 2014
Syria was May 2014-October 2014.
>>
>>33445583
>le we couldn't force Maliki to let us back in
>what is July 2014

Obama didn't want back in. He literally cried in an interview because of it.
>>
>>33445642
>>33445655
Haha great memes!

Al Nusra Front, which is where ISIL originated in Syria, was the dominant force in FSA Syria by 2012. It became the only real force in Idlib in 2013.
Then ISIL broke off in November 2013 and Obama's plans got BTFO.

That's also why there are claims that CIA/Turkey/Gulf States funded ISIS. In 2012-2013, they were technically part of the FSA.
>>
>>33446308
I'm assuming those two-three Shia villages in Idlib?

For which places in Damascus? Ghouta?

Honestly, to get rid of another pocket is worth it. We all know what will happen to those Shia pockets when Nusra says hi
>>
What is even going on south east from damascus? Both SAA and FSA claims to have taken Bir Qassab from IS along with several other villages. Have IS just abandoned those areas?
>>
>>33446701
It's a clusterfuck

ISIS in that area is just a few bands of semi-related groups.

I'd assume that it's about 50/50 between SAA and FSA now. Overall pretty meaningless
>>
New ISIS video, and this one is going in a new direction afaik: They are threatening Iran, that's Iran and Ali Khameni, with vengeance for their part in various ME wars. Well, maybe not that shocking now I think about it. But I can't recall ISIS officially hissing in that particular direction before.

Sorry, no link.
>>
>>33446499
>http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/635657/Islamic-State-video-US-airstrike-destroying-ISIS-bank-Iraq

Weeell.... that's assuming the ISIS didn't realize their bank was a major target. The contents of that bank might as well have been in some Cypriotic bank long before this went boom.
>>
>>33446621
shit, forgot to clarify which villages. The rebel's are giving up the towns of Madaya and Zabadani. Both are to the north-west of Damascus near the Lebanese border. Both villages are right next to each other but are split into two pockets.

The SAA is giving up the towns of Fuah and Kafraya, which form one pocket to the north-east of Idlib.
>>
>>33444684

> Muslims cannot into learning.

Keep inbreeding and killing each other you goat fuckers.
>>
File: operatorgeneva.jpg (57KB, 522x462px) Image search: [Google]
operatorgeneva.jpg
57KB, 522x462px
What is he holstering?
>>
>>33451123
hi point 9mm carbine
>>
>>33451123
a miserable pile of secrets
>>
File: C78i4_KW4AMFXtB.jpg (55KB, 1024x574px) Image search: [Google]
C78i4_KW4AMFXtB.jpg
55KB, 1024x574px
rocket propelled bump
>>
>>33444684
wtf I love the rebels now
>>
>>33447183
>But I can't recall ISIS officially hissing in that particular direction before.
They certainly threatened Iran and other "Shia Rafidites pigs" before
>>
>>33444684

we should send those guys a tripod for that camera....
>>
>>33454807
>send tripod for AQ
You can end in designated terrorist supporter list
>>
>>33454964
For the purpose of documenting the crimes they commit against humanity in a better quality...

Allowing for better prosecution and stronger evidence in cases against them... /s
>>
>>33454964
American taxpayer money already gave AQ all those TOW's
>>
>>33446595
Dude did you even follow Syria back then? You know the civil war started in 2011 right? You literally admitted they weren't the dominant force in the FSA to begin with which means someone else was, whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
Iran president Hassan Rouhani is in Moscow today, meeting Putin. Bilateral military and trade cooperation agreements have been signed and much stronk tea has been drunk.

I swear, that ME map is starting to look more soviet era than I can recall even back when 'comrade' was still word.
>>
>>33446595
Uhh no not really. Al Nusra were -never- "technically" part of the FSA.
>>
>>33451123
MP5 with B&T stock.
>>
File: C8A2HpBWkAIQNfR.jpg (749KB, 2048x1380px) Image search: [Google]
C8A2HpBWkAIQNfR.jpg
749KB, 2048x1380px
Same old same old today around Hama and Jobar. Both sides in Hama are taking loses and trading blows. Heavy airstrikes and artillery ongoing from all sides.

SAA has made important advances in eastern Homs toward Shear. This area will be worth watching in the coming weeks, especially since IS in full retreat from Qalamoun/ desert.

IS still holds sieged Deir Hafer(somehow?) as the SAA has again made moves toward Jihrah airbase. Late breaking from Step of a IS counter attack near Deir Hafer killing 9 SAA.
>>
>turks get mad
>kurds git good
And all was as it should be.
>>
>>33457270
anything new from tabqa or raqqa?
>>
>>33457270
Nice firework show from 40 grad rockets on a rebel held city today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsZhs914x8
>>
>>33457284
None that I saw. Maybe a YPG fan can comment.
>>
>>33457316
that R in allah akbar sounded good
>>
Fuck K*rdistan
>>
>>33457540
Fuck *****y
>>
>>33445615

>Baath

Yea, these are the real guys behind the shit. ISIS is a front for the Baathist remnants to try to reclaim power. Plus Iraqi Baathists and Syrian Baathists haven't historically gotten along with one another.
>>
File: 1407454321474.webm (3MB, 1920x962px) Image search: [Google]
1407454321474.webm
3MB, 1920x962px
>>
another day, another video of SAA chucklefucks standing around in the open getting hit with TOW spam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=24&v=_ySAuhZoEqo
>>
>>33461024
i can't even come up with a post for this shit anymore
>>
>>33461761
Same. I just don't know what to say or think anymore.

It's been happening for literally years.
>>
File: C8CoFdWW0AA8nSP.jpg (106KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C8CoFdWW0AA8nSP.jpg
106KB, 1200x675px
Cool camp tank
>>
File: C8CoPIXX0AEsLoo.jpg (95KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C8CoPIXX0AEsLoo.jpg
95KB, 1200x675px
>>33463228
Camo*
>>
File: C8CoUXDWkAEt0kV.jpg (151KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C8CoUXDWkAEt0kV.jpg
151KB, 1200x675px
>>33463248
>>
File: 1402760166931.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1402760166931.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>>33463228
>disguising your tank as goat pasture
>>
>>33461024
Do frag warheads for atgm exist?
>>
>>33460963
>Need for Nasheed: Tabaqa Drift
>>
>>33456855
Except Russia now is more right-leaning authoritarian than the USSR's left-leaning socialism.
>>
>>33461761
>>33462710
You would think they would had wisen up and checked how they fucked up by watching easily available rebel propaganda videos on the Internet.
>>
>>33465105
he's equating the lines being similar to that during the cold war.

In other news, Jaish Al-Nasr is about 3km's away from the outskirts of Hama. Despite the SAA counteroffensive, the rebels have been able to gain ground (albeit at a slower rate).

I don't think the rebels will be able to take Hama, but just the fact that they've been able to push this far really shows how stretched the SAA is in right now.

This part is speculation, but I believe they'll halt their offensive in Aleppo against ISIL in order to send more troops to Hama. My rationalization is that ISIL is already pretty beat up, while the rebels have had time to lick their wounds in the region. So naturally they'll have to deal with the stronger opponent before continuing their Aleppo offensive.
>>
How are the largely Shia Iraq govt's relations with Russia anyway? I mean, Bagdad has been US' playground for a while, but on the other hand Russia hasn't been fighting them either.
>>
File: Shoigu.jpg (141KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
Shoigu.jpg
141KB, 1200x848px
>>33465637

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8GLSkbAboA
>>
>>33465694

Got to like his face, even if I don't know what he stands for in military politics. His face says 'Fuck you and the camel you rode in on.' I like that in a commander.

Ended up googling him, too..."Shoygu collects swords, daggers, swords, Indian, Chinese and Japanese samurai swords.]" /k/omrade!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqaxEUaM1B8

How to lose a squad 101, courtesy of SAA
>>
>>33467141
very scenic area tho
>>
The way things are going in Hama, it will make WW1 advances look large. Sides are reporing when they advance 400 meters in open field
>>
File: C8GcnHaWsAA6Eb4.jpg (786KB, 2048x1272px) Image search: [Google]
C8GcnHaWsAA6Eb4.jpg
786KB, 2048x1272px
>>33467192
Both sides have brought reinforcements to the front line. Like I said before they are trading blows everyday. Rebels are still dangerously close to Hama city. Rebel artillery is ongoing now.

The SAA finally took over Deir Hafer today. I was beginning to wonder what was going on there yesterday. This is a major victory for them in clearing out eastern Aleppo.
IS attacked the Palmyra slios again today in the eastern Homs front as their areas of control shrink everyday.

Video is a rebel ambush on SAA attacking the village Majdal in Hama. Laughing at the shot up VW van in the beginning of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqaxEUaM1B8&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>33465185
>SAA stretched

That fact that the Islamist rebels and Nusra comfortably held the whole of Idlib for so long is already suspect. The SAA is simply too preoccupied with Aleppo and Palmyra atm to meaningfully push back rebel offensives anywhere else.
>>
File: 14902842301870.jpg (100KB, 755x574px) Image search: [Google]
14902842301870.jpg
100KB, 755x574px
>PRIGORILO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEZs8f_uTmU
>>
Now I think about it, I don't think I have seen any size estimates for any of the groups in Syria, including the SAA. Are there any such lists?
>>
>>33464000
yes but not for every model & and mostly in the newer stock that is not funneled into the area
>>
>>33458536
Thats it, refreshing to see people that care to know the truth, have been away from Middleeastgeneral a while. I always find it funny that people say we made ISIS then go on about it as if it was some grand strategy and conspiracy. Like the fact we made them out of stupidity by entirely sidelining the Baath party and therefore Sunni's isn't cool enough for them to believe. Or it doesn't fit their rhetoric. The most ironic part is the majority of people then think that us making ISIS is a lie because people spout lies about a truth. But hey thats what we get for equality and making people think their views are valid just because...
>>
>>33468286
>being this much of a naive fat american bootlicker
kys cuccboi
>>
>>33468820
Your nerves are so woke brah. Seriously that valid stuff was about everyone but you.
>>
File: Rape.jpg (202KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rape.jpg
202KB, 960x720px
>muh dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uYlzZT1oKA
>>
Turks and TFSA just announced the end of operation Euphrates Shield. The end of the operation means that Turkish backed rebels will now re-locate to Hama in order to help the rebel offensive there.

In other words, the Turks are letting the rebels they backed go and fight the SAA......at least the Kurds won't be attacked as often?

Its a pretty big development considering that the Turks have announced they won't be continuing their offensive operations (I won't rule out them shelling the Kurds for old times sake) and that they're allowing their rebels to assist the Hama offensive.
>>
>>33469544
>Turkish backed rebels will now re-locate to Hama in order to help the rebel offensive there.
Erdogan is the hero we need right now, that's a pretty clever way to pay the SAA back for shielding the Kurds. Assad just can't get a break can he?
>>
>>33469601
i have a correction to make, it is most likely that the TFSA is gonna relocate some of its troops to aid the Hama offensive. It hasn't been announced or confirmed that they are going to take part in the offensive though.
>>
File: 1450735839504.png (822KB, 648x845px) Image search: [Google]
1450735839504.png
822KB, 648x845px
>>33469544
>TFSA just announced the end of operation Euphrates Shield

turkroaches forever blown the fuck out
>>
File: esFw5m9C1ob1iL2H.webm (2MB, 652x360px) Image search: [Google]
esFw5m9C1ob1iL2H.webm
2MB, 652x360px
Another day, another tow spam video. This time care of first coastal division.
>>
>>33469795
did that dude just cover his ears and stay put? oh wow
>>
File: 0-349-2028.png (210KB, 475x470px) Image search: [Google]
0-349-2028.png
210KB, 475x470px
>>33469795
>guy covering his ears standing completely still
>>
i wanna ask some question anon

I'm a student and I'm currently doing a thesis about the syirian conflict.
is it true that the FSA is backed by NATO countries? if true, which NATO country backed the most?
does the conflict has something to do with sunni and syiah?
>>
>>33470007
syiah is another name for shia btw
>>
>>33470007
Britain provided the Rebels with non-lethal aid near the start, the US and Saudi's handed out TOWs like they were candy and Croatia is selling a lot of weapons to the Saudi's who passed them on to the FSA.

And obviously you have Turkey.
>>
>>33470007
Yes
Turkey,France
No
>>
File: 154387627.jpg (451KB, 1024x632px) Image search: [Google]
154387627.jpg
451KB, 1024x632px
>>33447183

>They are threatening Iran

You watch, ISIS will officially be taken off the terror list and re-designated as freedom fighters by the US State Department and called the "Democratic Syrian-Iraqi Freedom Force" and fully kitted out with Javelins and TOW-2s.
>>
>>33444684

Sand niggers never learn. Inbreeding prevents it.
>>
>>33457047

But the FSA was always a part of the Nusra Front.

What does it matter what some Think Tank in the West calls someone?

If it smells like a sand nigger Jihadist, quacks like one and blows itself up like one, then it most likely is.
>>
>>33470481
go back to the comments section of CNN retard
>>
>>33470450
this, they are khmer Rouge 2.0
>>
>>33470007
US Special Forces trained (including jump training) FSA army in Jordan to fight ISIS in the southern desert of Syria
>>
>>33471390
they were (are?) also training fsa units in turkey. They also operated with them in north aleppo during the beginning of turkeys involvement in syria.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-09-16/us-forces-are-making-rebel-enemies-syria
>>
>>33471334

That's a really peculiar comeback..
>>
>>33461024
At least it wasn't a friggin platoon meeting going on.

Damn, arabs are truly low IQ sand people.
>>
>>33467141

Was that the aftermath of that ATGM attack on the SAA standing around?
>>
>>33467141
thats a lot of dead dudes
>>
>>33473753
it sure looked like it but im not autistic enough to try geolocating it or whatever it is those nerds in /pol/ do
>>
gogo kurdish autonomy:

>Time for an ‘amicable divorce’ between Iraqi Kurds, Baghdad: KRG spokesperson

>The time has come for the Iraqi Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) and Baghdad to start discussing an “amicable divorce,” according to a spokesperson for the Kurdish autonomous region.

>“We should enter a serious dialogue with Baghdad to reach an amicable solution – an amicable solution for divorce,” KRG spokesperson Safeen Dizayee recently told daily Hürriyet.

>http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/time-for-an-amicable-divorce-between-iraqi-kurds-baghdad-krg-spokesperson.aspx?pageID=238&nID=111386&NewsCatID=352
>>
I don't get it. All of the armies fighting in this "war" are just straight up incompetent and borderline retarded. How is it that IS has been one of the most effective and competent forces in this joke of a conflict?
>>
File: muslim shariah poll3.png (11KB, 405x294px) Image search: [Google]
muslim shariah poll3.png
11KB, 405x294px
>>33475117
They are well funded by the rest of the Arab world and draw recruits from a demographic that looks like this.

Moderate secular nice Islam is the seedbed for the nasty in your face with a knife shit. Hasn't changed in 1400 years. Because Islam is neither moderate nor nice.
>>
Wanted to know what you guys thought of the reports that the YPG is destroying/deportating arabs in every town that they take.
Aparrently the SDF with arab units is not going to happen.
>>
>>33475073
Good luck with that, now that the Iraqi army is reasonably mobilized and equipped I wouldn't put it past them to use it against the Kurds if they overstep their boundaries.
What does an amicable divorce even imply? There's now way they'll ever have independence, best possible outcome for them would be slightly greater autonomy.
>>
>>33475117
because IS are the most zealous duh
>>
>>33475201
the sdf are the arab ypg units tho . . .
>>
>>33475201
retard
>>
>>33475201

I'd like to see an actual link for that. But s others already said, SDF's majority are ypg and ypj...
>>
Tillerson had a press conference today where he stated that Assad's presidency was a matter for the Syrian people, not for US to decide.
>>
>>33470007
>>33470061
Your thesis is going to be a piece of shit if you listen to people like this. In fact a thesis is written by someone doing their own research so get the fuck of here with those questions you lazy sack of shit. You don't deserve a degree. Even an Indonesian one.
>>
File: Shiat.jpg (42KB, 340x604px) Image search: [Google]
Shiat.jpg
42KB, 340x604px
>>33476668

>It only took 6 years
>>
>>33477419

Well, it took a change of presidency from Anti-Russia Obama to Love-them-Russians Trump. But the whole Syrian thing is still small fry compared to a possible Russians-Love-Iran-So-Now-US-Loves-Iran. I can't immediately decide if that prospect horrifies or delights me.
>>
>>33477419
another case of gaddafi's arsenal?
>>
File: Flaseri.jpg (153KB, 1080x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Flaseri.jpg
153KB, 1080x1039px
>>33477887

Iraq
>>
>>33475884
https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/mde14/5094/2016/en/
Thats for irak.
https://www.amnesty.org/en/press-releases/2015/10/syria-us-allys-razing-of-villages-amounts-to-war-crimes/
Thats for Syria.
Again i'm not trusting this NGO at 100% but i saw a recent report that some arab tribe refused to fight with the SDF because it's a Kurdish organisation, to take Raqqa.
>>
>>33477818
Actually US has gone back on its Iran appeasement. Not just that, they're trying to pull Russia away from Iran.
>>
File: C8LpEB_U0AAMwSC.jpg (413KB, 1200x1018px) Image search: [Google]
C8LpEB_U0AAMwSC.jpg
413KB, 1200x1018px
Things have been slow since the SAA retook a couple of village's and point "50" early in the day in Hama. They have a buffer back for Hama city as a SAA counter attack is in full swing. With loses high on both sides this has been a exciting battle.

I haven't seen much else going on the other fronts. More of the same.
>>
File: C8LrvajXUAACmzv.jpg:large.jpg (64KB, 916x918px) Image search: [Google]
C8LrvajXUAACmzv.jpg:large.jpg
64KB, 916x918px
>>
File: C8LrUWjWkAA-Ac8.jpg (78KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C8LrUWjWkAA-Ac8.jpg
78KB, 1200x675px
>>33478107
>>
>>33477949

Thanks. I'll admit, I question Amnesty in our days - they seem strangely selective about who they criticize. But I will read those links anyway.

As for some arab tribes refusing to side with the kurds, that's old hat. There are small tribes all over the ME and their allegiances go in all directions. Some of those tribes have been veeeery cozy with ISIS, just to mention one thing.
>>
>>33477949

Okay, I have skimmed through the Iraq article and a couple of articles elsewhere. The main statement is that in Kirkuk of 2016, an unknown number of Sunni refugees were sent packing by the local powers. Some of those refugees had built simple buildings where they were not allowed, but the main reason these guys were sent away was that Kirkuk was under direct attack by ISIS forces, and suicide bombers. The local population was shit scared that these refugees harbored ISIS infiltrators. Sending them away was not nice. But there was no mass imprisonment, no camps, no torture and no executions.
>>
>>33477949

I read through the Syria article as well. Key claim was that in 2015, YPG flattened several villages after sending the villagers packing. This was in areas where IS had lost control, but where some of the villagers had admitted that numbers of them had and were still supporting IS.

My understanding is that these villagers would embrace IS and go back with them if given the chance. Again, I found no mentioning that any locals had been killed or imprisoned although it is possible.

I did however find this: https://www.change.org/p/amnesty-international-amnesty-international-must-remove-arab-nationalist-lama-fakih-reporting-about-kurdistan

While I don't know what that article is worth, it does raise some interesting new question. Can anyone tell anything about this Lama Fakih?
>>
And to wrap this up: Two weeks ago the UN released a statement that they had found no evidence of YPG//J and SDF doing any ethnic cleansing.

http://www.rudaw.net/english/middleeast/syria/14032017

There's a score of other articles refering to the same report.
>>
>>33478637
senpai the UN couldn't find evidence of genocide in Srebrenica
>>
>>33475117
>le epic ISIS is totally inept meme xD
they captured 40 tanks in the 2016 recapture of Palmyra, including T-72s
>>
>>33477927
>name the band
>>
>>33478335
ethnic cleansing doesn't mean mass murder, they are still evacuating arabs from towns & villages and giving their houses to kurds
>>
>>33478906

The UN couldn't find their own ass if it was put on a plate, painted orange and placed in front of them. But in the case of Srebrenica the problem wasn't finding corpses but keeping Russia happy.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/08/russia-vetoes-srebrenica-genocide-resolution-un
>>
File: 1309589439499.png (34KB, 190x175px) Image search: [Google]
1309589439499.png
34KB, 190x175px
>>33478637
>the UN
>>
>>33478952

Oh. You mean like in Jerusalem?
>>
>>33475155
What do you expect for a religion fostered and stagnating in a shithole region defined by tribalism, war, sacking and conquests by a handful of giant states? It never stood a chance getting better.
>>
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/kurdish-ypg-commander-we-will-go-to-idlib-after-liberating-raqqa-from-isis/

Is this guy for real?
>>
>>33479201

"region defined by tribalism, war, sacking and conquests by a handful of giant states" You mean Europe the last 2000 years?
>>
>>33479275
this...
>>
>>33479275
Incorrect.
>>
File: kurdi6.jpg (348KB, 2880x1930px) Image search: [Google]
kurdi6.jpg
348KB, 2880x1930px
>>33469601
There are rumors that Afrin kurds are working together with Russians to participate against Idlib FSA. I think Russians have all the cards in this game.
>>
File: Aff.jpg (249KB, 994x633px) Image search: [Google]
Aff.jpg
249KB, 994x633px
>oy vey
>>
Look at that poser.
>>
>>33479778

Is that a Chinook body put on a truck chassis?
>>
>>33446701
I read an article earlier touting the New Syrian Army (US and Jordanian backed effort to reform a moderate FSA on the Jordanian border) has mainly been sitting in the desert ambushing ISIS supply lines and troop movements for the last 6 months or whatever. I was wondering what they were doing because it's awfully quiet, but apparently ISIS finally said fuck it and packed off to help defend Raqqa.
>>
>>33480018
It's a soviet chopper of some sort.
>>
File: mi17_bg_421[1].jpg (35KB, 700x331px) Image search: [Google]
mi17_bg_421[1].jpg
35KB, 700x331px
>>33480064

Right. Must be this one, the Mil MI-8. First version. It's literally the only one I could find with five oddly paced round windows.
>>
File: 1483891249899.jpg (718KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483891249899.jpg
718KB, 960x960px
Give it to me /k/ What are your bets will we see concentrated ISIS spillover somewhere for example around Palmyra region or will they just go full partisan after Raqqa falls?
>>
>>33480428
does anyone have all these photoshops? they're great and i need to start a collection
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-30+at+06.29.54).jpg (129KB, 1201x675px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-30+at+06.29.54).jpg
129KB, 1201x675px
1942 production MP-40, $500 USD.
>>
>>33480512
that was already posted here
>>
>>33479275
The difference in Europe is that the continent was fractured but still maintain sufficiently functional enough states that multiple branches of the Church were able to survive, break away or reform under the protection of these states.

But in Islamic Middle East, saved from the 10th and 11th centuries and during and after colonialism, the region had always been under the control of only one to three large caliphs and empires and plenty of splintered tribes between. Control of culture and religion by a handful of massive states = Cultural stagnation.
>>
Well, there's a new fuse burning. Israel just started the building of a new settlement on occupied territory, the first such in 20 years. Next door neighbor: Ramallah. Gee, where'd the ground water go?
>>
>>33480736

I am not sufficiently educated to lecture on medieval Islamic Middle East. But there is one issue that might be a major factor: slavery. It's not as if Europeans didn't do this day and night for export and pleasure. But the slaves were not taken from, or to, Europe. This would, or could, mean that there would be a considerably larger number of workers who actually had something to work for. The Roman empire collapsed partly for lack of workers, once they ran out of slave labor.
>>
>>33480836
arabs took a lot of slaves from europe, i'm not sure if i fully understand your post?
>>
>>33477927
story behind this picture?
is it what i think it is?
>>
>>33478906
The Battle of Srebrenica was a glorious victory by honorable soldiers, no war crime there
>>
File: holeinone.jpg (230KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
holeinone.jpg
230KB, 1600x900px
If this is real im sure we will see a statement from the OIR people, but if it is it looks like one of those little chicken shit 40mm drone bombs found its mark
>>
File: BMP-1 (1).jpg (2MB, 2250x1500px) Image search: [Google]
BMP-1 (1).jpg
2MB, 2250x1500px
Interesting blog about BMPs in Syria.
http://spioenkop.blogspot.com/2015/01/onwards-to-front-syrias-bmps.html

Says that BMP-2s are exclusively operated by Republican Guard and that they are competently crewed and do pretty well.

I don't remember seeing a lot of BMP-2 kills or captures so it might be true. Also that ANNA news video of T-72AVs and BMP-2s a few years ago was pretty competent.
>>
>>33478107
>>33478120
gott mitt uns
>>
>>33479201
The near complete state of anarchy of the region for some years now doesn't help matters.

I'm surprised Egypt has such a large number of psychos tho, they aren't doing that bad for themselves.
>>
File: Qutb.jpg (21KB, 232x324px) Image search: [Google]
Qutb.jpg
21KB, 232x324px
>>33484168
egypt is the original exporter of islamic psychos anon, git lernt:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qutbism
>>
>>33479275
>>33479380
Only for 500 years or so, Europe was relatively quick to re-organize after the roman empire bite the dust.

>>33480736
I don't think that has anything to do with anything. The middle east was pretty much another part of the western hemisphere like it's always supposed to be until very recently, even the ottoman empire was very European (And this isn't surprising considering Europeans and middle eastern are descendants of the same groups of people).

I blame the current state of many the younger population on the volatile state of the region as of late, they see kewl rebels fighting and living the good life and they want to join like young dumb shits that look up to mafias and cartels here in America.
>>
File: 1489087347513.png (649KB, 813x679px) Image search: [Google]
1489087347513.png
649KB, 813x679px
How many of you guys are from the middle east?

What party do you think would be the best bet to make a good government in whatever one of the countries at war you are from?
>>
Massive SAA bombardment on a hill before assaulting it yesterday. The SAA is good at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0un_aKY16v4&feature=youtu.be

There is no way anyone could stay under this kind of fire. In rolling hill terrain like this the only thing you can do is move away quickly aka retreat.
>>
>>33480428
I'm betting they run to eastern Homs. It's their last stronghold. The only plot twist in this move is if they strike a peace deal/coordinate with HTS who are on the other side of the SAA supply line. Unlikely but desperate Jihadis do desperate things.
>>
>>33484281
Actually, the primary reason Sunni Islam is so weaponized now has more to do with Saudi Arabia controlling the narrative of how Sunnism should be practiced. Their kingdom was founded on the alliance of the founder of Wahhabism, with the long term goal of "purifying" Sunni Islam of centuries of deviation. After the Grand Mosque seige of 1979, the Sauds ramp up promotion of pro-Wahhabi values to appease the religious nutjobs, funding its spread through international religious projects, through pro-Wahhabist/Salafist factions, and through the pilgrims that flow in and out of Mecca and Medina (which they seized from the Hashemite kingdom of Hejaz). It's a lot like the way American/Japanese pop culture and values are spread around the world.

Iran may have got the ball rolling institutionalizing political Islam, but at least they were isolated by the West after the Revolution, whereas the Saudis were practically showered with money because of its oil wealth while the effects of the Grand Mosque siege was downplayed by the West.
>>
>>33483557
yea I remember seeing those bmp-2s in anna news videos back in 2013, I think it was in Jobar
>>
>>33484504
Soviet doctrine
>>
>>33484504
Was this near Hama?
>>
>>33484504
Is this out of TOW range?
>>
>>33486145
atgms are around 3-4km range
>>
>>33484853
It's not the Saudis, it's Israel. The defeats Arab nationalists suffered at the Israeli hands effectively destroyed Arab nationalism. Once you remove nationalism the only reaming large denominator in Arab world is Islam. So the politics of Arab world have over the last 70 years been reduced to two sides. On one side you have Arab dictators, they appear secular and nationalists, but in their governance they exhibit no nationalism, only corruption, nepotism and abuse. Simply put they rule like the state is their personal property for them and their supporters and the rest of the people can go fuck themselves, pretty much like European absolutist kings. On the other hand you have Islamist, religious, conservative they are involved at the lowest level with the people in providing basic social aid but more importantly the idea they sell is far more inclusive for the average person that the governments of secular regimes, at least the Islamists offer some form of meritocracy, compere ISIS and Iraqi gov. ISIS is far more competent because the people on top and in the middle didn't get there because of family but ability.

In Europe nationalism created a seance of community and gave people a seance of belonging, something grater than themselves, something they they would fight for. It also produced relatively social mobile societies. People cold move up in life. It replaced the religious community. Arab nationalism failed. It will not be reborn under current dictatorial governments. So it's going to remain a war between groups who are unified by religion and seek to overthrow the present order and dictatorial governments. Ether the Islamists win and in time a new ideological opposition removes them from power or the strongmen democratize, become more inclusive, more open to ability dictating persons position in society and in the process lose the core base of support that every dictator needs to survive.
>>
>>33486145
Artillery and rocket bombardment is mostly indirect fire and ATGM are line of sight. ATGM lose that battle if there's intervening terrain or cover.
>>
>>33463248
That is probably the best image of 115mm ammo I have seen.
>>
>>33487002
>ISIS is far more competent because people on top and on the middle didn't get there because of family

Lol wtf am I reading? Why would you type out this much for something you know absolutely about? I get you are retarded and love them jihadis, but the truth is you know absolutely nothing.
>>
>>33487002
I'm not disputing the decline of Arab nationalism as a factor either. It was too idealistic to work in a region that is so open to corruption and reckless authoritarianism. It just so happened the Saudis led the way for ultraconservative Islamism where the Muslim Brotherhood had failed for decades before due to constant states of repression by Arab nationalist governments (This Arab Winter war isn't the first time large scale military offensives in Syria attempted to crush Islamists).

Political Islam is one thing, but what the Taliban, Al-Qaeda and IS practiced are clearly Wahhabi Saudi in origin.

>Ether the Islamists win and in time a new ideological opposition removes them from power or the strongmen democratize, become more inclusive, more open to ability dictating persons position in society and in the process lose the core base of support that every dictator needs to survive.

It's always interesting to see how that pans out. Only problem is the Islamists are dragging everyone else into their shitshow. The likes of IS are even egging people to fight them in a specific spot in northwest Syria because they believe that it will fulfill some batshit insane apocalyptic prophecy that Jesus will lead them to victory and herald the End Times.
>>
>>33487231
>but the truth is you know absolutely nothing.

He supported his contention with evidence. The general death of Arab nationalism after failing to defeat Israel is a matter of record.

YOU on the other hand provide no evidence and simply disagree! Support your point or your contention is worthless. You failed to counter his argument in ANY way. Ad hominem is not debate.

The success of all populist superstitions is specifically because they exalt the worthless, the poor, and the ignorant. That also accounts for the success of Communist revolts (not governments, but the popular revolutions which install them).
>>
>>33487287
>gets so fanny flustered that he loses reading comprehension
>pretends to be some one else because he got BTFO

sad desu, learn to read the point being argued. Protip: it's what is quoted
>>
File: C8P3nmPW0AAXb5-.jpg (16KB, 235x427px) Image search: [Google]
C8P3nmPW0AAXb5-.jpg
16KB, 235x427px
leaflets over raqqa
>>
>>33471348
>Hey Pol Pot, whatcha doin?
>Whatever the CIA tells me to, cosmopolitan
>>
File: C8PU4R6WAAAkyf4.jpg (29KB, 419x762px) Image search: [Google]
C8PU4R6WAAAkyf4.jpg
29KB, 419x762px
>>33487360
image for little people
>>
File: C8PU8-xXYAAOyN6.jpg (29KB, 419x762px) Image search: [Google]
C8PU8-xXYAAOyN6.jpg
29KB, 419x762px
>>
File: C8PU1QGXsAECJzy.jpg (29KB, 419x762px) Image search: [Google]
C8PU1QGXsAECJzy.jpg
29KB, 419x762px
>>
>>33480736
>hurrrrr the Ottomans, Safawi, and caliphate empires were totalitarian states like North Korea
nice racist revisionism. kys amerilard
>>
File: FA.jpg (210KB, 1800x900px) Image search: [Google]
FA.jpg
210KB, 1800x900px
>Craftsmanship

http://aa.com.tr/en/pg/photo-gallery/the-village-of-replica-gun-manufacturers-in-pakistan/4
>>
>>33480836
what the fuck am i reading? not a single correct fact in this post
>>
>>33482012
IT'S HAPPENING!
>>
>>33487231
Compared to Iraq army under Maliki and the the whole other collection of Arab secular nationalist generals ISIS is a model of efficiency in military matters. Read about Israeli victories against Arab armies. Non of them came from hard fought prolonged battles. IDF comes, Arab generals panic and run. And they panic because they were and are idiots given command only because they are so stupid as not to be a threat to the dictator. More men have died fighting for ISIS than Egyptians fighting Israelis.

>>33487256
I do agree that AQ and ISIS are a product of Wahhabi influence in part. But in part it is the natural process of radicalization. When you deny someone like MB a chance to participate in elections their supporters don't just stop supporting them. Instead they become radicalized, repression and violence breed radicalization. Radicalization results in brutality. Syria is a perfect example of this. In peace time AQ couldn't have recruited one tenth of what they have recruited during war. If you look at Egypt or Tunis or even Libya, places were elections were held, the dominant political force in Islamist camp weren't hard line Wahhabis but MB offshoots. But the more violence there is the more powerful Wahhabis become.

Also I think you are assigning too much weight to propaganda. At the end of the day, ISIS didn't even fight for Dabiq. Had they wanted to I am sure they could have justified it as fighting Romans. I think it was something western audience gave far more weight than ISIS. For one Islamists are not apocalyptic. They don't want the end of the world. They want to rule the world by Islamic law. It's a matter of perspective, Christianity has a much more pronounced apocalyptic ideology than Islam so western view of Islamic religious radicals is influenced by Christian apocalyptic radicalism.
>>
>>33488272
If only they were. It would have been better. Strong political entities could have created strong societies. This way they prevented emergence of strong political entities but were to week to destroy the tribal/clan based entities. Referring to Ottomans.
>>
I can't wait for the next update for this area of the world on google earth so I can explore the war-torn cities.

Was just checking out Mosul and getting acquainted with the district/zone names and I just noticed how fucking densely packed the old-city is. Look at that--how fucking crowded this area the city is. This part of the battle will be a fucking meat grinder
>>
>>33480847
I think it was still relatively few compared to black slaves. The main difference being the porpoise of slavery. Europeans wanted men for work. Arabs wanted women for sex and men for service. Arabs in large part took slaves for military/government service. For Arabs slaves represented loyal soldiers, palace guards, servants, oar rowers not means of production.
>>
File: 1466289234315.png (1MB, 1666x634px) Image search: [Google]
1466289234315.png
1MB, 1666x634px
>>33488732
>>
>>33488545
>Strong rulers cause cultural stagnation!
>Strong rulers cause strong societies!
Which is it, fagmo?
>>
Turkish Army has announced that they will continue to have a military presence in Syria even though the last operation is completed.
>>
>>33488272
Nice work putting words in my mouth. Large states != Totalitarian

It's the shortage of competition that creates stagnation.
>>
>>33488959
>Ottoman rule
>strong
Laughing_Ataturk.jpg
>>
>>33489261
>hurr the Muslim empires had no culture because i said so!!!
kys fatty
>>
>>33489297
Quality rebuttal.
>>
stop shitting up the thread
>>
>>33488508
I'll concede to your points. You do make a fair argument about how radicalization can happen under a climate of repression and violence, but I still stand by the view that Saudi Arabia is acting as a religious hard power and Wahhabists under indirect Saudi support are exploiting any instability in the region to spread influence.

It seems the points made about IS adhering strongly to Islamic eschatology comes primarily from Will McCants' writings (which the well-publicized Atlantic article on IS referenced to explain IS' apocalyptic views). I'll have to do more research on this.

We've strayed far enough from military talk. I'll just leave it at that.
>>
File: 1477194382141.jpg (10KB, 346x466px) Image search: [Google]
1477194382141.jpg
10KB, 346x466px
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/ahrar-al-sham-awards-fighters-shooting-russian-chopper-never-shot/?utm_medium=ppc&utm_source=push&utm_campaign=push+notifications&utm_content=English

>giving out medals for things that never happened
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-31+at+04.07.10).jpg (105KB, 908x511px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-31+at+04.07.10).jpg
105KB, 908x511px
>>
>>33489694
>You see Muqtada, if you replace sights with gopro, you will not miss for fear of being embarrassed online
>>
File: TigerHere.jpg (137KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
TigerHere.jpg
137KB, 800x600px
>>33489360
>>
>>33465694
>>33465790

How much are you willing to bet that Putin picks him to head the United Russia ticket next year? Some say that the military successes in Ukraine and Syria make him very palatable as a candidate for Russian President, but some other analysts think that his Tuvan nationality is a no-go for Russian voters
>>
File: 14891573175440.jpg (46KB, 440x480px) Image search: [Google]
14891573175440.jpg
46KB, 440x480px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2iw4z57c6Y
>>
>>33490048

Oh. Haha. No. In Russia, a general is not given political power. Especially not if he is popular. The political machinery lost to Jeltsin's military friends and they are not going to let that happen again.

I am not saying that this is carved in stone for all future. But as long as Putin and friends are in power, the military will be theirs to use and not the other way around.
>>
File: C7Yo5msWwAEW9Zd.jpg (47KB, 635x402px) Image search: [Google]
C7Yo5msWwAEW9Zd.jpg
47KB, 635x402px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdhPXp-9Mwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH0IoPg7Ocg&t=200s
>>
File: TaqbaEncirclement.png (197KB, 853x847px) Image search: [Google]
TaqbaEncirclement.png
197KB, 853x847px
Looks like Tabqa is next in line to be encircled.
>>
>>33490744
no matter how long it takes, IS there is fucked
but it's alright since they came there to die, right?
>>
>>33490790

I dunno. What are their options for getting away on high speed boats during the night? Not the whole shebang of course, just the top rankers. IS leadership have had a knack for vanishing while their troops fight on.
>>
>>33490879
If you had someone that knew the river well enough to navigate it at night, and serviceable boats to hand I guess maybe, but there's probably more reliable ways to slip away less likely to seem unusual if any of dem dronez are overhead. As you say they already have enough practice making sure those that need too usually get out of places before shtf fully.
>>
>>33490879
i meant that IS as a whole there is fucked
geez
>>
>>33491116

Maybe we will see the end of some hostilities. ANd that would me nice. But IS wil already be prepsring for the nexr tsrget, msli, even south africa.
>>
>>33491234
alright
i was talking about tabqa only though
>>
File: C2Yi2U4XUAA1feY.jpg (58KB, 735x561px) Image search: [Google]
C2Yi2U4XUAA1feY.jpg
58KB, 735x561px
>>33490744
so they took the airbase willynilly just like that?
>>
>>33491796
i haven't seen any casualties posted by SDF but yes
>>
File: 1279515306453.jpg (172KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
1279515306453.jpg
172KB, 399x600px
>>33491796
thats how white man magic works breh
>>
>>33487002
The far East took a long time to acquire a strong sense of national identity, and they never went trough secularism, religion and the state are still strongly tied together even in the communist countries of Asia, yet they don't have any of these issues.

One could argue that the first force that motivated most Europeans was religion too, nationalism in Europe didn't started to become a prevalent thing until maybe the late 17th century or the 18th century, and hell, some i'm sure would argue, not until the 19th century, it'shard to built a sense of national identity when your bumfuck village is constantly switching hands.
>>
>>33489261
The Otoman Empire wasn't stagnated culturally, it just became utterly corrupted like any powerful country does over time.

>>33489297
Muslims empires had no cohesive culture, the whole of the middle east was controlled by force, not by assimilation.
>>
>>33444804
wat happened here ?
>>
File: 1487414477863.jpg (32KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1487414477863.jpg
32KB, 600x338px
>>33457540
>>
>>33458536
>ISIS is a front for the Baathist remnants to try to reclaim power.
lol he believes this ...
>>
>>33495373
what do you think? you have one (1) try
>>
File: 1491036874139.jpg (146KB, 789x975px) Image search: [Google]
1491036874139.jpg
146KB, 789x975px
>Antifa joining an American proxy
lmao
>>
File: feet genetics.jpg (74KB, 782x347px) Image search: [Google]
feet genetics.jpg
74KB, 782x347px
>>33457540
>>
>>33457540
Fuck Kurdistan for the reason it would be Israel 2.0 and anger every single country in the middle east except for Israel.
fuck the kurds for being greedy kikes and fuck the kurds for Hasakah
>>
File: triggered.webm (547KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.webm
547KB, 640x640px
And we have video of the roach raging out lads. Probably upset about the cognitive dissonance with the whole 'ISIS sucks but lets stop being a secular country anyway' thing.
>>
>>33495573
They forget that its the "evil american capitalist" that saved their ass
>>
File: NatoStandard.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NatoStandard.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>33489694
What kind of rpg system is that?
>>
File: 14893059255880.jpg (89KB, 836x768px) Image search: [Google]
14893059255880.jpg
89KB, 836x768px
ISIS ENGINEERING
>>
>>33495898
it might be some serious shit that the coalition misunderstood
that will lead IS into victory and a new caliphate
>>
File: 1481644127441.gif (493KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481644127441.gif
493KB, 500x375px
>>33457540

>>33495584
>>
>>33491796
Apparently. To be fair that place was bombed to shit weeks before, hangers, bunkers, runway and all. What strategic value it had left is definitely not there and wouldn't be worth defending anymore.
>>
Iraqi military sources claim that Al-Jumaili and a number of other ISIS leaders were killed in an Iraqi Airforce attack today in the Anbar province today.

I am dubious. ISIS absolutely love to spread the word that their leaders have died.
>>
File: fisk_osama.jpg (603KB, 2151x1606px) Image search: [Google]
fisk_osama.jpg
603KB, 2151x1606px
>>33445655
>>33445642

Muh mythical moderate Jihadists
>>
>>33496216
>What strategic value it had left is definitely not there

yeah about that
>SDF Commander: US-led air force will use Tabqa airbase instead of Incirlik
>https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/sdf-commander-us-led-air-force-will-use-tabqa-airbase-instead-of-incirlik/
>>
>>33497623
Strategic value to IS, I meant. Since IS is incapable of maintaining airworthy planes, the most that they could use were the above-ground structures for storage and factories. With those gone they can't do jack shit with that place.

>SDF Commander: US-led air force will use Tabqa airbase instead of Incirlik

I wouldn't take some SDF commander's word for it though. It's the usual vague and outlandish claim peppered with anti-Turkish sentiment that SDF officers love to make. Sending in smaller contingents of foot-soldier and equipment to provide support to the SDF is typically tolerated, but I don't think Bashar will be happy if USAF planes were stationed in Syrian soil because they weren't invited in the first place, Rojavans or no Rojavans.
>>
File: 1428051376001.jpg (138KB, 470x394px) Image search: [Google]
1428051376001.jpg
138KB, 470x394px
>>33497389

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obuzxrbSbJw
>>
>>33497857
Im sure the SDF comment was just bluster but I can totally see using it being used for the attack on raqqa. When they hopped over the euphrates I was really wondering what the goal was, the damn, the city, the air base, or a new front in an eventual attack on raqqa. I think its likely that taqba town and damn will end up being pretty unimportant in the overall scheme, with the airbase being a staging area for supplies/equipment/men (but not aircraft) for the move on raqqa, while more kurds/sdf come from the north. We will know pretty soon if they start trenching around the airbase.
>>
>>33498246
Oh yeah, as a staging area for the SDF's assault on Raqqa that base has a lot of potential. Open spaces make airdrop support very possible here, but there will definitely need to be anti-VBIED defenses as long as the defensive line is close.
>>
>>33497857
Well the US did build that temporary airstrip up in Kurdish territory previously IIRC, but even if they would consider further significant deployment of assets (I doubt it) then for the time being Tabqa is I think still far too exposed for the US to put anything there at all. If fully secured it makes a nice spot to drop supplies securely possibly, but nothing more so far as the US is concerned.

>>33498246
Tabqa dam is really only relevant due to the possibility of IS going full retard and fucking it up, bar trashing the turbines on their way out I doubt they will do anything super drastic though, unless the situation somehow ended up being they still held it and Raqqa was close to falling, in which case they just might take a "if we can't have the city, nobody can" approach and try to take out the whole thing.
The town itself has always been strategically fairly irrelevant, it's an urban area which typically IS excel at making it painful for anyone to dig them out of, when it still mattered as a point from which they could potentially control the roads heading north towards Aleppo and Al Bab the area wasn't really that threatened, when they were still using those supply lines the Kurds were still the other side of the river entirely.
>>
File: 85.jpg (1MB, 1777x1421px) Image search: [Google]
85.jpg
1MB, 1777x1421px
>>33440091
rocketlaunchers made in Islamic State
>>
File: 112200.jpg (49KB, 250x130px) Image search: [Google]
112200.jpg
49KB, 250x130px
coastal figher gently palecing love pipe into assadist-hive

https://youtu.be/Kd0ZcO_ClEk
>>
File: Aklanje.jpg (94KB, 918x516px) Image search: [Google]
Aklanje.jpg
94KB, 918x516px
>>33498502
>>
>>33498401
Anyone got any info on them?
Links, Videos?
>>
>>33498401
i kinda want to see the schematics for those
do you thing the do/k/ument has info on rocket launchers?
>inb4 hello atf
>>
>>33497623
An airbase in the middle of Syria, surrounded on two sides by fucking desert. At no point close or far away will it be of any relevance. Using it for anything would probably allow ISIS to score their first plane kill.
>>
>>33497615
Do you wanna know how I know they were moderate. US let them die. Didn't supply them until it was in their interest which is when they were islamists after control of the country. You supplied a case study if you fancy reading up on it.
>>
File: C8PXxpbXYAArsnT.jpg (152KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
C8PXxpbXYAArsnT.jpg
152KB, 1200x800px
raqqa biker gang out in force

>vrem vrem
>>
>>33500118
>just married!
>>
>>33497623
Interesting, I actually called this happening a few threads ago.

Well not called, but inquired whether the coalition would begin using Tabqa as a major hardpoint for the SDF to build up elements to send out.

Makes sense honestly, both the location and the fact that Tabqa airbase itself is a fortress make it highly valuable to the SDF.
>>
>>33500118
>*blocks your path*
>>
File: holdontoyrbuttes.jpg (323KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
holdontoyrbuttes.jpg
323KB, 1600x900px
source is charles lister so its basically bullshit but still, pic related would be hilarious. Jihadist tear each other apart in a desperate bid for outside support with the end game being . . . what I dont know.
>>
>>33503229
hahahahahaha, thats from a Turkish media piece it looks like so of course they are puffing up their chests acting like they are gonna split the kurds through Tel Abyad

virtually everyone involved in the anti-ISIS coalition would have a shit fit if the Turks ever made that move
>>
Is LiveMap slanted towards rebels? They seem to be posting a lot of pro-rebel events but nothing about the SAA counter attack in Hama
>>
>>33503746
Anyone can post there so theres all kinds of random shilling from both the SAA or Rebels depending on whats going on that day
>>
>>33503762
So if one faction decides to spam them one day while everyone else only posts one or two things, the spammy group will get lots of attention from livemap?
>>
>>33503815
Pretty much but the map doesn't necessarily change itself
>>
>>33467141
He 'allah snackbared' like 12 times in that video. Do these people know more words than that? Balls.
>>
>>33498940

What a load of retarded, delusional horseshit. You have to be at least 18 to post.
>>
>>33504160
It's a shame too when you want to hear those sweet explosions.

They're like that one hysterical woman in the background who won't stop whining the same way at any sign of movement.
Thread posts: 304
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.