[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion on Hi-Point Carbine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Hi-Point Semiautomatic Carbine.png (54KB, 570x138px) Image search: [Google]
Hi-Point Semiautomatic Carbine.png
54KB, 570x138px
I'm gonna get my first firearm soon because I feel obligated to honor my second amendment rights under the us constitution. I'm thinking about the hi-point carbine, as it's inexpensive, gets stellar reviews and looks good for what i want. what does /k/ think of it?
>>
>>33438907
no
>>
You're better off throwing it at someone.

Sure it'll rooty tooty shoot them in the djibouti, but it's an unnecessary amount of gun for the caliber. Buy a handgun.
>>
Shit accuracy, but kinda fun to use. If you want it, buy it. Don't let some faggots on an arabian mosaic sharing forum influence your opinion.
>>
Natural Selection.
>>
>>33438907
What role does this fill that an SBR or bullpup couldn't otherwise fill better? I honestly see no point in carbines I'm sorry /k/.
>>
>>33438907
>HI point
Just stop
>>
Get a Nugget
>>
>>33438907
>reliable
>inexpensive
unlike their pistols, the Hi-Point carbine is actually a pretty good buy.
Yes, they're ugly as sin, but they work and have a pretty good warranty.
Honestly if you can't afford a better gun then go for it.
If you can afford it should just buy/build a basic AR, though.
>>
>>33438907
What exactly DO you want? If you just want to buy a gun to own one and to shoot for fun, get a 10/22 or something. Cheap, plenty of aftermarket stuff, fun to shoot, if not a little too vanilla to really be outstanding.

If you're looking for defense, get a handgun in whatever caliber you want.

If you want to take /k/'s opinion on guns and calibers, get a nugget or something in 10mm, a Steyr M9/Glock brand Glock/CZ, or better yet, don't take /k/'s opinions as a beginner. A little bit of knowledge goes a long way when you're dealing with the mongs that shout their opinions as fact on this South Vietnamese tapestry painting board.
>>
>>33438964
are you actually a retard or are you just 12 and don't understand how guns work?
Anybody who is interested in a carbine for home defense isn't going to wait half a year to file a tax stamp or pay over a thousand dollars for a good bullpup.
>>
>>33438907
modern day, thinking that goes back to the day when your hand gun had the same ammo as your rifle. I wish they were better quality and the warranty is god like
>>
Don't listen to these fags. I had one and liked it. Never had a single problem with reliability. The only downside is the small mag capacity.
>>
the only hi-point firearm worth shooting, let alone owning. my dad's had one in 9mm for as long as I could remember. It's cycled every time we shot it and is about as accurate as you could expect. not the worst SHTF gun in the world given the global abundance of 9mm. worst parts about it are the appearance and magazine size.

guarantee most people going LOL HI-POINT in this thread have never fired this gun; but then again, I can't really blame them.
>>
>>33438907
Cheap fun range toy. As far as trusting your life to it, I'd rather just have a knife I think.
>>
>>33438907

They're stupid as fuck looking.

They go bang when you pull the trigger, though.

Save a few bucks more and get something that will at least hold it's value. Hi Point and nuggets are junk that few folks want.
>>
>>33438907
I'm looking at one of these as a means to constitute stocking up on 9mm and also it would be my camp gun. If reliability is decent and accuracy is at okay-ish out to 50 yards then I'll be picking on e up soon enough.
>>
>>33438907
It'll work, but for $100 more you could get a Kel-Tec sub 2000. Same caliber, but lighter and more potable. Save your money.
>>
>>33438964
How about not putting a rifle round through your wall and killing your neighbors? Oh, right, you live in your mom's basement.
Retard
>>
>>33439093
Pistols aren't available to everyone, Amerifat.
>>
>>33440497
Christ, you're retarded. I bet you a year's pay I could take your knife and shove it in your ass.
>>
File: Decepticons.jpg (55KB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
Decepticons.jpg
55KB, 500x530px
>>33438907
They are reliable and accurate. Twenty round mags are now available. The cheek piece has a habit of pulling on facial hair, nothing some electrical tape can't fix though.

If it is all you can get do it and it isn't a bad intro to firearms, however I do agree with others that you should save up a little more and get an decent AR. (Ruger and S&W ARs are going for 500-600 bucks right now.)
>>
Hi-Point by itself isn't bad, none of their products are bad.

These are crude, cheap guns(and despite of those flaws they're good enough quality to function reliably) that have great warranty. If you want just some kind of carbine that sort of works then look no further, it's good enough for you. If you want to use it as a kind of entry-rifle, and afterwards you're planning on getting something more expensive and kind of better, then get 10/22 instead.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (15KB, 323x455px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
15KB, 323x455px
>>33438907
I had one and I pretty much regretted it. I got it in .45 thinking it would be fun and it's nothing great. At 25 yards it's okay, at 100 it's meh. I ended up selling it after a couple trips to the range even with some heavier .45 loads. I cleaned it regularly and it would jam something fierce after about 8 rounds, and I used all sorts of ammo, even though new mags for it. Sold it to my retard brother in law for 600 with mags and bought a Springfield 1911. I actually shot better with my 1911 at 25 than that hi point
>>
>>33442076
9mm will pass through walls better than 5.56
>>
Good guns all things considered but if you get a carbine that isn't double stack you should just kill yourself.
>>
File: Suicider_1.jpg (138KB, 672x354px) Image search: [Google]
Suicider_1.jpg
138KB, 672x354px
>>33442367
Like this?
>>
>>33438969
Carbines are fine, do what you want OP
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.