[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've heard that the Caracal 816 is the best and most advanced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Haenel-CR223-7.jpg (54KB, 873x870px) Image search: [Google]
Haenel-CR223-7.jpg
54KB, 873x870px
I've heard that the Caracal 816 is the best and most advanced piston AR on the market, and has fixed most if not all of the problems older designs had. Is it true /k/?
>>
File: Caracal-CAR-816.jpg (14KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
Caracal-CAR-816.jpg
14KB, 620x348px
>>33438836
Posted wrong pic, this is the 816
>>
>>33438836
>I've heard that the Caracal 816 is the best and most advanced piston AR on the market
Really? Because I've never heard of it.
>>
>people are STILL chasing the piston AR meme
jesus fuck just get a DI fucking christ
>>
>>33438950
Shut up with this shit. Every swat and special operations units are moving over to piston. It is superior to DI for extended operations. Shut your faggot mouth spreading this stupid meme.
>>
>>33439076
prove that shit faggot
Piston ARs are a fucking meme and you need to kys if you think any different
>>
>>33438836
Sig 516 series 2. My cousin has one. I have a DDM4V9 and carried the m16a2 and was in up until the m4 took over. by far the Sig is the best rifle I've shot. It stays clean as fuck too.
>>
>>33439085
Lol. Autistic rage. Everything I don't like no one else should either.

Cry me a river bitch. Piston is the future.
>>
>>33439124
>make claim
>someone asks for proof
>lol ur mad
>>
>>33438836
It's a short stroke piston rifle chambered in 556. Everyone likes to get their assholes inside out and meme all day, but in practical terms the C816, the Hk416, the Sig 516, the POF guns, the BT556, the Scar 16s, the Bren 806, the MCX, the ARX, and everything in between are all close enough in terms of reliablity that it essentially comes down to marketing, price per unit, brand loyalty (on the civilian consumer side), and ease of access to spare parts.

So to answer your question: is it better than every other short stroke piston AR in the market? Well Caracal seems to think so. As HK does theirs and Sig does theirs. We would need to have a test conducted by someone that's not MAC and even if we did, people would still bitch and complain about the testing protocols, and we would be no closer to determining if one was better than the other.
>>
File: wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>33439124
>piston is the future
>>
>>33438836
>Supporting UAE

Naw, I'm fine with my DI guns at a fraction of the cost.
>>
>>33439357
The only reason I'm asking is that I heard something about engineers that were very knowledgeable about piston ARs making the Sig MCX first, and then moving on to Caracal to make what they considered a perfected version of the piston AR.
>>
So umm, this one isn't front end heavy and doesn't carrier tilt?

All this piston shit is just solutions to problems that don't exist.
>>
>>33440287
If Chris Bartocci is correct, there was a pair of engineers that worked with HK on the 416, moved to Sig to work on their 516 and MCX, and then finally moved to Caracal for the 816.

This implies that these two engineers are magical and somehow make each gun piston AR they touch better than the last. Personally, the C816 isn't that mind blowing of a gun. It has a three position gas valve (so one more than the gen 2 516 and Hk416A5 if we're comparing current alternatives) and that's about it. It lacks ambi controls in every sense which is a step backwards considering the current trend for both mil and civilian AR's is more ambi. The 416A5 has ambi bolt releases, safties, mag releases, and charging handles. The 516 has all of the above save bolt release. DI rifles are doing this same thing too, with KAC, LMT, LWRC, Hodge, Rainer, ADM, Santan and a few others all offering complete ambi lowers.

The Caracal's piston would have to be really amazing to make it noteworthy, and as of right now, the only thing that seems so, are the two engineers that worked on it.
>>
>>33439076
Yeah cause all those swat teams are doing long as patrols in sand storms right. SO like SCARs and 416 because they run suppressors A LOT and play aquaman. Both of those rifles happen to be fantastic in their own right

And don't even give me this shit about pistons being cleaner cause it just changes WHERE the carbon goes
>>
>>33440508
Thanks, that clears it up. I guess the LMT will remain my grail gun.
>>
>>33440508
That's almost identical to the story of the glock employee that worked on the Steyr M series and the Caracal pistols.
>>
>>33440554
Whats even the fucking point of having an ar15 that's supposedly "cleaner" anyway. If your rifle can't go something like 300 rounds without choking up, then it's a shit rifle and the piston or DI won't change that. I don't get it when piston fags bring that up.
>>
>>33440597
Caracal looks to have a history of throwing money at talent and failing to run with it. The US market is too saturated with AR's of all types that people won't flesh out 1800 for a C816. Caracal isn't a high speed sexy name that has the appeal of Sig, HK, or LMT, all
of whom have supplied their piston AR's to militaries and law enforcement agencies. Caracal wants to make their break here in what's probably the competitive market in firearms, and all they have to offer us is a third "adverse" setting on a gas valve that will literally never get used.
>>
>>33440623
Because it's a perceived advantage despite the well known fact that DI can run fucking filthy because it was designed properly. Since they will never crawl out of a lake before shooting their suppressed SBR they have to go for the one scenario where the piston is better for the average joe. Wonderful self defeating argument.
>>
>>33440712
Good fucking luck Caracal. Took me ages to get the pistol recalls sorted out and by the time it was cleared up everyone forgot they existed. Damn shame too cause they were pretty good looking compared to the last decade of polymer pistols. The Canik line of all things Imo is probably the best looking of the bunch and that's just depressing
>>
>>33440843
How are the sights on the pistol? Are they a meme?
>>
>>33440805
/thread
>>
File: 1480477024758.jpg (64KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
1480477024758.jpg
64KB, 640x362px
Theres literally no point to owning a piston rifle unless you're going SBR and/or silenced. It loses in every situation except these.
>>
File: 2016-08-20 14.33.jpg (2MB, 4000x1853px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-20 14.33.jpg
2MB, 4000x1853px
I have a civilian version of the Caracal 816, and I really don't have any complains about it. It feels well balanced, it's accurate, haven't experienced any failure yet.

>>33440508
the civilian version doesn't seem to have this 3-position-gas block (the SIG 516 in comparison does iirc)
>>
>>33440712
Haenel (the german partner of caracal) sold some of their piston ARs to german law enforcement.
>>
>>33441038
First of all, stop using meme. Second, they're good sights if you take time to adjust to them. The science is there but people just like what they like ya know
>>
>>33442726
That's odd. On both the Caracal US and Caracal int'l website they market the three position piston as main selling point for the pistol. It seems silly to mention a feature only available to mil/leo if the average guy can't get it. That said, the adverse setting is probably never going get used anyway. What made you look at the C816 over other rifles?

>>33442816
I stand corrected.
>>
>>33441477
>barrel is concealed in an SPR handguard.

I had no idea I needed this.
>>
>>33443179
>>33441477
but is it triangle-shaped? what handguard is that?
>>
>>33439076
>>33439124
>SWAT guys go into hostage situation
>shoot 10 shots into bad guy
EXTENDED OPERATIONS
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.