[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so when is the FBI oficially dropping the .40 and going back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
so when is the FBI oficially dropping the .40 and going back to 9mm? considering it was such a big decision that everyone was counting on

any news on gen 5 glocks?
>>
>>33435476
Am I the only one that liked the finger grooves and squared slide?
>>
>>33435509
Yes
>>
File: sig p320 compact.jpg (810KB, 1200x754px) Image search: [Google]
sig p320 compact.jpg
810KB, 1200x754px
anyone know the official list of what you can carry as FBI?
I know the standards are glock 22/23/27 (and the 17/19/26 if you suck with .40) but is there any regulation against carrying something else?

the sig 320 was basically set to win the contract anyway, could you carry one of those, or a DA/SA if you wanted?
>>
File: glock .40s.jpg (242KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
glock .40s.jpg
242KB, 1350x900px
>>33435509
squared slides yes
finger grooves no

gen 2 did it the best
>>
File: springfield 1911 black.jpg (86KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
springfield 1911 black.jpg
86KB, 640x480px
probably just glocks and nothing but glocks.
dont like it? Heres a back strap for your glock, so suck it up

also, some agents can carry TRP 1911s if they qualify but that usually HRT teams
>>
>>33435583
What are the benefits of Gen 2 over other gens?
I'm leaning heavily towards getting a Gen 3 17, but would there be any reason for me to strive for an early version?
>>
>>33435476
the test gen 5's the FBI and police had fell apart, because making Glocks is somehow still too difficult for Glock.
>>
>>33435854
cheaper, no finger grooves, different (imo better) finish
other than that its a glock, and glocks dont change much from generation to generation. Keep in mind gen 2 .40s is where the glocknade jokes originated
>>
Glocks B4 1999 are the ones to have. In the 9mm flavor
>>
Should I get a glock 22, just because the extra penetration it gives to chest bone compared to 9mm?

Plus since it's a fullsize recoil shouldn't be that bad compared to 23/27.

I'll be using hst 165s so recoil shouldn't be as bad.

Already have a 19 I just think I need more penetration.
>>
>>33435854
Gen 3 Glock is best gen. Gen4 has thinner frame walls, making it weaker, and an unnecessary double recoil spring.
>>
>>33436082
I bought a 22 just for that reason
>already had a 19
>didnt see the point in getting the 17
>didnt enjoy the snap of the 23/27
>still wanted a full size glock

honestly .40 isnt even that bad. its my bedside and occasional cc gun
>>
>>33435476
I personally want to know when they'll release the TB model for the gen4's. I want my Glock to be suppressor ready, but I haven't seen a 3rd party barrel that isn't either expensive as fuck or ugly as fuck.
>>
>>33435956
No it was the first gen. And it only happened because early fudd reloaders used cast lead bullets
>>
>>33436094
That's the biggest reason why I was leaning towards the Gen 3. The better frame, plus I don't see any reason to get the new spring if the old one worked so well for so long.

>>33435956
Thanks for the info. I'm not a fan of .40 anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that. If I was to get anything bigger than a 9mm in a Glock, it'll be the Glock 40 MOS. I want that sweet, sweet 10mm. That'll be my next major purchase after a revolver.
>>
>>33435509
The finger grooves fit my hand right, but I won't miss them. A buddy mine dremeled his off, and it wasn't a good job by any means but gun feels plenty good.
>>
>>33435476
didnt they give some to the Indianapolis police and they literally fell apart?
>>
>>33435509
>finger grooves

It's the only reason I never got a glock. The grooves never fit my hand and sanding or dremeling them down seemed like too much effort.
>>
File: 10mm.jpg (62KB, 664x497px) Image search: [Google]
10mm.jpg
62KB, 664x497px
Once the timeline shifts again to the Miami B version, they'll be going back to good ol' 10mm
>>
>>33435509
I like em to famalam. Although I'd own a glock with out without the groves.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.