[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How safe would it be to fire a sawed-off punt gun while standing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: punt gun.jpg (780KB, 1754x1403px) Image search: [Google]
punt gun.jpg
780KB, 1754x1403px
How safe would it be to fire a sawed-off punt gun while standing?
>>
>>33432119
It would be extremley painful.
>>
>>33432135
I'm a big guy.
>>
>>33432148
For me.
>>
File: worst day at office.gif (2MB, 302x240px) Image search: [Google]
worst day at office.gif
2MB, 302x240px
>>
>>33432148
Consider the 2 bore first
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_bore

2 bore had 23.7 kJ muzzle energy, punt gun is something like ~41 kJ after a quick google.
>>
>>33432227
>Among other weapons, I had an extraordinary rifle that carried a half-pound percussion shell—this instrument of torture to the hunter was not sufficiently heavy for the weight of the projectile; it only weighed twenty pounds: thus, with a charge of ten drachms [270 grains] of powder, behind a half-pound shell, the recoil was so terrific, that I spun around like a weathercock in a hurricane. I really dreaded my own rifle, although I had been accustomed to heavy charges of powder, and severe recoil for some years. None of my men could fire it, and it was looked upon with a species of awe, and it was named "Jenna-El-Mootfah" (Child of a Cannon) by the Arabs, which being far too long a name for practice, I christened it the "Baby;" and the scream of this "Baby" loaded with a half-pound shell was always fatal. It was far too severe, and I very seldom fired it, but it is a curious fact, that I never fired a shot with that rifle without bagging: the entire practice, during several years, was confined to about twenty shots. I was afraid to use it; but now and then it was absolutely necessary that it should be cleaned, after months of staying loaded. On such occasions my men had the gratification of firing it, and the explosion was always accompanied by two men falling on their backs (one having propped up the shooter), and the "Baby" flying some yards behind them. This rifle was made by Holland & Holland, of Bond Street, and I could highly recommend it for the Goliath of Gath, but not for the men of A.D. 1866.
>>
File: davidbakerbaby.jpg (74KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
davidbakerbaby.jpg
74KB, 700x400px
>>33432237

Here's a photo of the rifle in question
>>
>>33432119
>How safe would it be to fire a sawed-off punt gun while standing

I have seen one of these fired. I think you would have broken bones.
>>
File: 1457717320220.png (827KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1457717320220.png
827KB, 680x680px
Would a punt gun be good for hunting coyotees?
>>
>>33432173
If you I fired that rifle would I die?
>>
>>33432119
About as safe as sticking your dick in a blender
>>
>>33432119
Aren't punt guns supposed to be mounted to something, regardless of size?

Seems like a poor idea, but if you do it, videotape it and have your next-of-kin post it here.
>>
>>33432135
UU
UU
>>
>>33432195
I would like to know how badly injured he was by this.
>>
>>33435547
A punt gun could successfully hunt God.
>>
>>33437059
>>
>>33438475
Garth Ennis is a fucking hack .

Preacher is shit.
>>
>>33436761
It's fake
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.