[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have been appointed Defense Minister of a new nation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: uK0iDIKC.png (470KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
uK0iDIKC.png
470KB, 500x500px
Your leader Rufus T. Firefly has given you broad powers over all things military.

What do you do to build up the new nation's forces?
>>
>>33431388
Recruit people with actual military commanding experience for starters, they'll know better than me and we cant start purely from scratch
>>
Declare conscription. Declare everyone above 13 to be suitable for the service.
>>
File: 1488063540221.jpg (27KB, 383x472px) Image search: [Google]
1488063540221.jpg
27KB, 383x472px
>>33431388
Organize a coup to get rid of this dangerously incompetent fool..
>>
>>33431449

But don't you know? You can take as much graft as you want, as long as he gets his share.
>>
>>33431466
I kill him immediately.
>>
I let Germany take Austria and Czechoslovakia, and hope they are content.
>>
>>33431388
I fuck your mom in the ass to keep the morale up
>>
>>33431388
Cut the budget by 30% and start a massive downsizing program.
>>
>>33431416
>they'll know better than me
lolno
modern military commanders are fucking clueless.
either they're from a country that's shit at war like the US or a country that's shit at everything like Iraq.
>>
>>33431552
They know the organization, logistics, how things work and how they're supposed to work. They might not be proficient, or good at what they do, but they have an in-depth understanding built over decades that you cannot match in any real way without having done their job.
>>
>>33431585
>you cannot match in any real way without having done their job.
Not true.
Not. Remotely. True.
This is just an empty platitude regurgitated by the working class to reassure themselves of their own value depsite the fact they have almost none and are easily replaceable.
In fact militaries are designed specifically to make their personnel as operationally dispensable as possible

Your average blue collar workers doesn't matter to anyone but themselves and perhaps family
Nowhere is this more true than the military.
>>
>>33431664
Just to add on, training people takes time. Dessiminating skill and information takes time.

For example if I was dropped in the Great Lakes region 500 years ago and given modern comprehensive books on military planning and the political backing of the Algonquin people, I would be long dead before I got them to even the organizational level of Alexander's Macedonians.
Extend my life to 2 or 3 centuries, could possible.
>>
>>33431708
Give me a few hundred European officers, different story.

Look at how quickly the British were able to raise colonial armies trained to the level of British troops.
Of course most of these units had shit morale because they didn't give a shit about European wars, but the training was there.
>>
Call up USA to come and handle our defense.
>>
Nuclear powered everything.
>>
Don't fall for any "air power" memes

Only buy ground vehicles and light single person aircraft for scouting purposes.
>>
>>33433166
This.
Loan out our airfields to US planes refueling against ISIL
>>
>>33433339
Everyone knows the bomber always gets through
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.