[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

China vs. Japan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 14

File: jsdf.jpg (73KB, 800x641px) Image search: [Google]
jsdf.jpg
73KB, 800x641px
So, with China's rampant expansionist tendencies in full swing, what hopes does Japan have against them in defending their homeland?

From what I understand, the JSDF isn't exactly a strong fighting force, and they only recently built their first "helicopter destroyer" (a.k.a. carrier) since WW2.

Even if the US stepped in to assist, does Japan stand a fighting chance?
>>
>>33429219

Yes, because China's Navy will be at the bottom of the sea due to the US Navy regulating the block before you can say Nanking comfort women.
>>
Reminder that Japan was dragged into the war because America sided with China. It will not change, America will still support China. They have no choice.
>>
File: 1490390770447.jpg (82KB, 783x590px) Image search: [Google]
1490390770447.jpg
82KB, 783x590px
>>33429219
>>33429246
Your retardation never ceases to amaze, /k/.
>>
>>33429246
>America sided with China
>It will not change

China changed my man.
>>
>>33429246
hahahahaha
>>
File: preserve-the-waifus.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
preserve-the-waifus.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>33429219

The Chinese will invade Tokyo through a magical portal, get slaughtered by the JSDF, and then the Japs will follow them through it to Beijing where they will perform a sick coordinated CAS and artillery barrage to take down the Chinese dragon, freeing up the ground forces to engage in Marshall-plan style buildup of the local economy and marry all the Chinese kemono and elf waifus. Textbook op, really. Whole war should be over in a year, maybe two, depending on filler.
>>
>>33429219
The japs are trained like westerners, the Chinese can't into decentralized command.
They'll rip the Chinese apart at the squad and platoon levels just because enlisted men are allowed to make critical choices autonomously and the Chinese must pass it up the chain.

China is not as aggressive as you're making it out to be, the u.s. is far more so.
>>
>>33429219
Japan is a lap dog to America period.
They will have full American support.
>>
>>33430565

This is a good post.

Equipment doesn't win wars, people does.
>>
>>33429246

Had we known China was going red, we would have wholeheartedly supported Japan annexing them.
>>
>>33430610
I can actually see this happening.
China goes red before Japan enters war with the US, resulting in the US deciding to support Japan in "unifying" asia (by nuking Nanking)
>>
File: Sea is for Cookie.jpg (310KB, 1000x690px) Image search: [Google]
Sea is for Cookie.jpg
310KB, 1000x690px
>>33429219
>So, with China's rampant expansionist tendencies in full swing, what hopes does Japan have against them in defending their homeland?
The weather.
>>
>>33430654
To be quite fair, the mongols commandeered fucking river fleets for their invasion of japan. Horselords cannot into water.
>>
>>33430619
Yes this is why the US supported Nazi germany over the fucking USSR in WW2.

Did /k/ get replaced by /b/ or something?
>>
>>33430565
Please read some history.

It was the Chinese PLA who has pioneered small group tactics. The USMC basically learned from them through military observers in the 30s.

Google "Marine Raiders".
>>
File: C7H4uuwVwAAOY_U.jpg (70KB, 1024x611px) Image search: [Google]
C7H4uuwVwAAOY_U.jpg
70KB, 1024x611px
Despite all the memes about Gundams etc.

China will actually wreck Japan so hard that it isnt even funny to watch.

China is the new Imperial Japan in this era.
>>
>>33431018

It depends what the war is. China would struggle to actually invade Japan, or Okinawa (even without US assistance), however if China mounted a surprise seizure of the Senkaku/Diaoyu islands Falklands/Malvinas style, there is literally nothing Japan could do about it except ask the UN to write an angry letter (which, with China a permanent UNSC member, would be promptly vetoed).
>>
File: 1490393967950.png (402KB, 452x510px) Image search: [Google]
1490393967950.png
402KB, 452x510px
>>33430565
>the Chinese can't into decentralized command
>they'll rip the Chinese apart at the squad and platoon levels just because enlisted men are allowed to make critical choices

>Chinese did this tactic during the Korean and Vietnam war
>and they didn't forget it
>General MacArthur, the Korean War fuck up, was dumb/prideful enough to pick a fight with China
>and I bet you are too
>>
File: yj-12 launch.gif (2MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
yj-12 launch.gif
2MB, 512x288px
>>33431039
I doubt that China would do any invasions. If anything, a sino-japanese war will be a naval war only, with China using their wide variety of shore-based assets for strategic strikes and tactical fire-support.
>>
>>33429219
South Korea would be an important player in a Japan VS China war, assuming nukes aren't involved. If SK decides to ally itself with Japan they do have a fighting chance, although it might as well escalate to WW3.
>>
>>33431075

>Chinese did this tactic during the Korean and Vietnam war

Vietnam war? I don't remember China performing that remarkably in the Sino-Vietnamese war anon....

>and they didn't forget it

Considering; the cultural revolution purges & restructuring of the PLA, the PLA is now made up of one-child policy kids not hardened revolutionaries, and that China is attempting to remodel its armed forces on the USA (interesting look at the topic here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uZ-Aqs42nQ). I would doubt that what you say is true.

Honestly, I disagree with a lot of the anons here on this, in that squad level is actually one of the easier things for a modern army, it's putting the whole combined arms coordination together in practice that is the hardest thing to get right. Competent NCO's and low level COs and are important, but mainly in the sense that a platoon matters more if it is able to understand what is happening and coordinate better with force multipliers (neighbouring units, intelligence, air/fire support etc), these NCO's and COs are what enable this.
>>
>>33429219
If China decided to invade Japan then it would mean that world conditions have changed so that the probability of a successful invasion is acceptable. Current conditions are not acceptable for a successful invasion.
>>
>>33430565
>The japs are trained like westerners
This is why they do not have the moral ascendancy to dictate what is right in the far east. Only China can say what is good for China and Asia.
>>
>>33430610
unlikely FDR and Truman were both closeted commies with commie infested cabinets
>>
>>33431106
>South Korea would be an important player in a Japan VS China war,
No they are just another target.
>>
>>33429219

The problem with setting up these scenarios is that the average armchair general can't even establish a probable cause for war.

A Chinese invasion of Japan is a pointless venture. Japan has no resources and as a strategic location even more so as the Chinese can simply go around it. They only valid reason to attack Japan is because of it's status as a US stronghold in which this case isn't China vs Japan but China vs the US.

Conversely Japan has more reason to invade China for its resources just like in WWII.

But realistically, they're both each others' largest trading partners in both export and imports making warfare moot and unproductive.

You don't fight your biggest customer. Simple economics
>>
File: 1490058214139.jpg (121KB, 627x414px) Image search: [Google]
1490058214139.jpg
121KB, 627x414px
>>33429219
>China vs. Japan

China and Japan will unite tactically against USA.
/thread

Yes, I'm self-threading it.
It is a relation similar to German-Russian one.
German tech - Russian market demand.
It worked very well for botch Germany & Russia, it will work very well for China & Japan.

Sorry if I broke someones dreams, but Azns are uniting.
Im a geo-politics fag. Perhaps there should be a separate board for it.

>INBF k-babies shit on my comment
>>
>>33431214

1. Self-threading is automatic grounds for opinion discarded.
2. On what basis do you assert this?
>>
>>33431214

If anything China-Japan Elaine relations are getting worse. A war is unlikely, but I still don't see Japan being friendlier to China than the USA any time soon.
>>
>>33431075
>was dumb/prideful enough to pick a fight with China

Yet he won.
>>
>>33431251
USA allying with Soviet Union to bring down UK world domination.
USA allying with Communist China to bring down Soviet domination
USA allying with Mudslime states to bring down oil prices to bring down Soviet Union
They did the same few years back to fuck up Russia, by the way.
>>
>>33431272
>If anything China-Japan Elaine relations are getting worse.
Smokescreen, bro.
Trade rules still apply.
>>
File: Dr.-Strangelove.png (243KB, 1015x466px) Image search: [Google]
Dr.-Strangelove.png
243KB, 1015x466px
We'll finally get the America-Japan military teamup we've always dreamed of seeing.
>>
>>33431075
The Chinese army was in tatters during the war and after the Korean War. The West was improving leaps and bounds and the Chinese could barely kept their logistics going.
>>
File: pretty obviously.gif (3MB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
pretty obviously.gif
3MB, 500x207px
>>33431075
Sure thing, Chi-com, whatever you say.
>>
File: 1490047471765.jpg (92KB, 528x787px) Image search: [Google]
1490047471765.jpg
92KB, 528x787px
>>33431075
ping-pong ping-pong look at me, I can speak human language!
>>
>>33431180
I was just thinking this. The only thing japan has a lot of is people, and china doesnt need any more of those
>>
File: IMG_3857.gif (2MB, 178x260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3857.gif
2MB, 178x260px
>>33429219
China does have a lot of available manpower. They should really fight India to deal with population problems. Sorry if this sounds edgy
>>
>>33431132
What reason would China need to invade Japan in the first place? China doesn't have to do anything to really make Japan fall under influence as China's economy continues to grow. It's already overtaken the Japanese economy and Japan is starting to pander to Chinese tourists who buy a shit ton of stuff with tax free stores.Only reason I can think of is some net nationalist becoming chairman somehow and wanting revenge.
>>
Dont the nips have the same morale problem as germany?
>>
>>33431167
For real. Their entire cabinet was just packed to the brim with those harboring USSR sympathy, support, or were definitely closeted commies
>>
>>33431106
If anything Korea would be on the Chinese side. Being pro-US "democracies" aside, actually living in Korea has let me know that nobody on earth hates Japan more.
>>
File: 1484439876750.jpg (2MB, 1000x1644px) Image search: [Google]
1484439876750.jpg
2MB, 1000x1644px
>>33431924
>poo in loo vs. chinks
Now this is a fight I'd pay to see.

Hell, they both have nukes, probably enough to wipe each other off the face of the planet.
>>
>>33429967
Kek here is your you
>>
Japan would act the little beta cuck if China invaded some uninhabited bird-beleaguered rocks.
China would act the little beta cuck when it came to invade Japanese home territory.
>>
China has nothing to gain by invading anyone. It is building bases on islands in the South China Sea because it wants to extract oil and having land bases improves their ability to defend that drastically.

China is land locked by Russia and India which are both nuclear powers btw. There is not enough land/resources to make it worth invading SE Asian countries like Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, etc. Not saying a war couldnt happen as China has overwhelming military advantage but I dont see that happening in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>33430686
Usually if your options are the allies of the country that attacked you and are attacking your allies and a country you'd rather not help but is at war with the country your allies are at war with, you'd choose the one that is not at war with your allies.
>>
>>33432185
>Kim Jung-Un sends a mailed letter to every South Korean address

>basically states; "Hey, let's reunite the two halfs and go kick Japan's ass", in a more eloquent manner

>Greater Korean Republic is born

>suffers harsh recession from economic rebalance

>but then its GDP skyrockets as former NK becomes more like SK

>GRK becomes economic mini-power, Japan continues to weaken, as it has imported millions of Muslims after Abe was ousted and the left gained power in Japan.

>GRK declares war on Japan

>USA goes apeshit, and President Chelsea Clinton comes to Japan's aid

>China & Russia side with the GRK

>You have now reached the beginning prologue point of Home Front, the video game(s)
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.