[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Well /k/?
>>
>>33428211
>98/100 drones get blown into the dirt
>2/100 drones land on their target
but before that
>two hundred Patriots are launched towards the position of suspected insurgents piloting drones
>insurgents are dead
>98/100 drones crash
>2/100 lucky enough to take out a single truck
>>
>>33428241
Wait, aren't "Patriot"s anti-missiles?
>>
>>33428418
>You can't just spend millions of dollars to shoot down one $400 drone
That's where you're wrong kiddo

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39277940
>>
>>33428211
>Using a SAM against easily jammed drones
kek you're doing it wrong
>>
>>33428486
holy fuck lmao
>>
>>33428486
This story gave me new life.
>>
File: military-spending-comic.png (147KB, 780x800px) Image search: [Google]
military-spending-comic.png
147KB, 780x800px
>>33428486
>>
>>33428211
The drones would run out of battery time and drop out of the sky the moment they enter terminal ballistic range.
>>
File: DR1[1].jpg (134KB, 800x410px) Image search: [Google]
DR1[1].jpg
134KB, 800x410px
>>33428211
>UAE forces report that Houthi and Saleh-aligned forces employ the Qasef-1 to target Coalition MIM-104 ‘Patriot’ surface-to-air missile systems. They do so by crashing the UAVs into the systems’ radar sets (specifically the circular main phased arrays)— directing the UAVs by programming their systems with open-source GPS coordinates of the Patriots’ positions. While the Coalition deploys Patriot systems to counter missile threats, the destruction of the Patriots’ radar systems enables Houthi and Saleh-aligned forces to target Coalition assets with volleys of missile-fire unhindered.
http://www.conflictarm.com/download-file/?report_id=2465&file_id=2467
>>
>>33428211
That quadcopter is a palm-sized micro quad. I'd be surprised if it can carry even half an ounce of payload.

So I'm gonna say the Patriot will win. Doesn't even have to do anything, just sit and wait for the piddly micro quads to do their worst (if they even make it that far before running out of battery).
>>
>>33430070
Can't they just put up like a fucking plastic bugnet or something around the radar?
>>
>>33428486
I still wonder if it was Israel or Germany
>>
>>33428486
>Gen Perkins suggested deploying large surface-to-air missiles as a defence was probably not economically wise.
>>
Can a Patriot battery even target something moving that slow?
>>
>>33430283
see >>33428486
>>
>>33430270
Of course, but they'll never think to do it.
>>
>>33430293
>some guy said

I'm not confident his details are accurate.
>>
>>33430319

yet you seek answers on a mongolian flipbook fansite
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.