[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhplhhnvPQs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 14

File: Untitled.jpg (187KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
187KB, 1600x900px
What did the cops do right, what did they do wrong, /k/?
I thought it was pretty well done aside from infinite ammo tv mode.
>>
What show is this?
>>
>>33426694
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhplhhnvPQs
at one point the suspect had concealment behind some bread trays where the cop's had cover behind concrete poles. At that point I'd seriously consider opening fire. Imminent risk of death, need to treat those wounded etc.
Could have justified it.
>>
File: keeso.jpg (189KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
keeso.jpg
189KB, 1600x900px
>>33426721
19-2, the American version
>>
>>33426694
holy fucking shit that was cringe. i couldn't last half the video. no cop would ever do anything like bravo set this up
>>
>>33426741
Easily. Did he have hostages at that point though?
>>
>>33426761
>19-2, the American version
I thought Southland was the most realistic LEO show i'd ever seen. The war stories, the cynicism, the anti police public, drugies being druggies etc. Right down to the 'emotional support for front line police' book by that ex police psychiatrist that they push in one episode (i've seen him live and have the white/red book).
>>
File: buddycop.jpg (131KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
buddycop.jpg
131KB, 1600x900px
tfw I'll never stack up with my buddy preparing to take down a shooter as an interracial cop duo
>>
>>33426790
this book, I saw this in Southland and I knew they had done their homework.
>>
>>33426775
>cops are professionals who would stop the shooter in 30 seconds
They didn't train for this shit, mang
>>
>>33426790
>>33426808
Is it a good read, even if you're not a cop?
>>
>>33426814
I did two days of active armed offender shooting training in 5 years, but I don't LEO in America, fuck that.
>>
>>33426694
>>33426814
>>33426834
This is why CC should be allowed on campus
>>
>>33426833
yeh actually really good for any shift worker or person who has stress in their life. Also I think it's positive for the public to get some idea as to why we make some of the decisions we do. It's a great look in.
>>
The french-Canadian version was better.
>>
>>33426834
>This is why CC should be allowed on campus
I dunno, kids getting bullied and failing exams with a loaded gun nearby?
maybe we would see even more of this shit? Spur of the moment shootings/suicides in the school.
>>
File: fffffffffffffffffff.jpg (703KB, 1854x1236px) Image search: [Google]
fffffffffffffffffff.jpg
703KB, 1854x1236px
>>33426849
>teacher
Thanks, I might have to pick up a copy for this summer
>>
>>33426814
>not proceeding after the shooter
>not checking corners
>not making sure they're not being shot at before entering a room
>not shooting the gunman while they have a clear line of sight
>letting the gunman take a hostage
i couldn't watch anymore after that, i'm sure it's just as fucking cringey in the rest of it
but anyway. go fuck yourself, you're retarded. cops are trained for this.
>>
>>33426900
well, in my country, the union gives them out for free, it's likely your local station has a bunch under the shift sergeants desk for free.
>>
>>33426886
Most states require you to be 21 to CC
>teachers only
>>
>>33426906
>4 hours of playing airsoft in the local middle school
Yep, yer good
>>
File: poster~13.jpg (51KB, 512x613px) Image search: [Google]
poster~13.jpg
51KB, 512x613px
>>33426936
>>
>>33426694

>walk into cafeteria
>shooter is hidden behind some racks
>hostages actually walk towards him
>police don't shoot him despite getting a clear shot

Disappointing because it would have worked much better if the police were pointing their guns at someone completely innocent, who was trying to help other people. Y'know, because that happens during something as chaotic as a school shooting.

>>33426882

is there a copy of it on youtube?
>>
>>33426886
Because there's so many stabbings being done with all the knives that everyone on campus is carrying around.

Your biggest danger from a kid being bullied or failing is that they'll file a sexual assault report.
>>
File: 1466384472316.png (230KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466384472316.png
230KB, 640x360px
>>33426906
>implying you wouldn't hide under a desk like a bitch
>>
>>33426984
>Your biggest danger
physical violence vs vexatious complaints?
>>
>>33426906
>cops are trained for this.
Training is available for cops, that does not mean they get it.

DHS runs active shooter training an hour away from where I live. It's free except for room and board. My department still hasn't sent any of us despite everyone living close enough to go home at night.
>>
>>33427024

>free
Paying overtime so other officers can cover the shifts of those in training isn't free.
Also, stop implying you;re a police officer. This isn't an RP board.
>>
>>33427018
Physical violence is a rarity on college campuses, so long as you avoid conservative speakers.

Sexual assault complaints are almost always resolved in favor of the accuser and now default to expulsion. Your name will not be kept private and you will never be admitted to another college.
>>
File: muhv-hullmuhIED.jpg (384KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
muhv-hullmuhIED.jpg
384KB, 1280x853px
>>33427024
This is what I don't get. Hardly any money is spend at the local level for active shooter training. CC on school ground gets heavy resistance.
Then they go and buy up government surplus shit like this and say "money well spend protect and serve muh thin blu line"
>>
>>33427067
>Sexual assault complaints are almost always resolved in favor of the accuser and now default to expulsion. Your name will not be kept private and you will never be admitted to another college.
In my country there is something called a burden of proof. Any employer firing someone for unfounded sexual assault complaints would leave itself open to civil action for unfair dismissal.
>>
>>33427067
this. conservashits/libertarians are the fucking worst
they're so fucking self centered and delusional and if you ever try to give them a taste of logic they will legit try to kill you
they can't handle different opinions, even if they themselves are wrong, and they usually are.
>>
Fuck, how have I not heard of this show before? That was the best police shooting I've seen on TV since Southland. Is the rest of the show any good, or is it Hollywoodized bullshit like Criminal Minds or Chicago PD? And most importantly, where's the conclusion to that video?

>>33426906
I actually appreciated all that and would go so far as to say it was deliberate. While I realize that those are all tactical errors that go against training doctrine, I also believe that those are precisely the sorts of mistakes that guys would make in the adrenaline-fueled nightmare of a real extended shooting scenario. I'm a cop, I'm proud, and I'm sure I'd make some of those mistakes.

>>33427024
Is this a thing DHS does in every state? Connecticunt here, would love to do some more active shooter training, especially with simmunition.
>>
>>33427081

The reason they buy those is because the government sells them for practically nothing.
Sometimes literally pennies.
>>
File: 1408646320802.jpg (311KB, 1600x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1408646320802.jpg
311KB, 1600x1070px
>>33427092
The show is mainly character driven. There's not really anything like this in the rest of the series, unfortunately.
>>
>>33427153

As long as it's genuine then I'm okay with it. Southland had a number of great shooting scenes over the years (naturally, for LA), but I always appreciated how a lot of the runtime was spent on the officers (mostly Cooper) responding to bullshit calls from entitled or mentally ill people. It's probably the only authentic portrayal of police work besides... well, yeah, it's probably the only one.
>>
File: 1r0BAzV.gif (423KB, 173x142px) Image search: [Google]
1r0BAzV.gif
423KB, 173x142px
>>33427133
If that's the case then why am I not commuting to work in one of these motherfuckers
>>
File: dat ass.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
dat ass.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>33426694
>could have placed the first janitor in cuffs, you dont know if hes a suspect or not
>gotten a long gun from the cruiser, much more effective then a pistol and situations like this are literally why we have them now
>drop the "put the gun down, im here to help you, theres no way out of this" after the 4th time and he's still shooting. dude gets 2-3 warnings tops then its a shoot to kill scenario

those p99's though hnnnggg, what department is this supposed to be?
>>
File: zzzzzmisc~03.gif (91KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzmisc~03.gif
91KB, 320x320px
>>33426694
>WE'RE HERE TO HELP YOU
>cops start shooting kids too
>mfw
>>
>>33427180

Because the government won't sell them to civilians.
>>
>>33427256
why live
>>
>>33427180
because they're not practical for everyday use.
>>
>>33427081
>This is what I don't get. Hardly any money is spend at the local level for active shooter training.
What's the first thing anyone ever says after an incident? "We never thought it would happen here."

People are lazy and keep their heads in the sand. It's all someone else's problem.
>>
File: All of Them.jpg (231KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
All of Them.jpg
231KB, 500x628px
>>33427087
Pretty sure he's referring to the fucking riots that the libshits at Berkley threw because Milo hurt their fee-fees by speaking there.

>>33427084
Emma Sulkowicz

>>33426886
Have you seen the average student on a college campus nowadays? It wouldn't take Hercules to hospitalize a room full of them, even some fucking /fit/izen still on the SS meme could pull it off. The morgue, even, if they were really wanting to go that far. Obviously we're talking about say, an art class, or a computers class, the gymnasium during sports practice would be considerably more one-sided. Also, SHALL
>>
>>33427300
shes a jew you know
>>
>>33427293
I don't give a shit about practicality, I drive a wrangler atm. What I do give a shit about is having a rock hard cock and giving the hippies in my college town aneurysms
>>
>>33427092
>Is this a thing DHS does in every state?
Probably. I'm not going to vouch for micro-states like RI, but at the least it's regional. I know for a fact they've got a place in NY somewhere between CT and the Hudson.

Pretty sure it's LEO only, though.
>>
>>33427081
>hen they go and buy up government surplus shit like this and say "money well spend protect and serve muh thin blu line"
they get that stuff for $1
>>
>>33427330
if this little fruitcake can do it I'm sure you can too
>>
File: skinnyfruit.jpg (194KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
skinnyfruit.jpg
194KB, 1080x1350px
>>33427330
>>33427383
whoops
>>
>>33426842
took long enough for trained police officers to verify who the shooter was, that there was only 1 shooter, to track the shooter, and to corner the shooter and kill him. I doubt the average joe could do the same, at least not without shooting multiple bystanders in the process.
in fact, in real life, police don't even bother running in to stop mass shootings, because they risk killing a lot more people in the crossfire.
>>
>>33427324

Think if the british and italians got together and designed a car, then had it built by ford. That is the kind of maintenance nightmare to expect.
>>
>>33426694
>At one point an officer is taking cover behind a clothing rack in a theater in a gun fight with the shooter
>officer dipshit not hit through magical barrier of cloth
>bullets sparking off metal rack though

>female officer wildly magdumping one handed at shooter who has a hostage after her partner is hit
>somehow neither the hostage, nor shooter is struck

>a school shooter not immediately committing suicide the moment armed resistance arrives

>officers not checking corners, open doors as they pass them

>one officer spots a downed girl
>not paying attention to his surroundings at any point
>zero situational awareness
>proceeds to carry wounded girl out

>some dipshit child is more operator than a horde of cops
>>
>>33429428
>in fact, in real life, police don't even bother running in to stop mass shootings, because they risk killing a lot more people in the crossfire.
They changed that policy after V-Tech. Now they generally want people to rush in quickly because the suspects usually just kill themselves at that point.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.