[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to the gun range to fire my first ever weapon tomorrow,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: PistolRange.jpg (483KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
PistolRange.jpg
483KB, 849x565px
Going to the gun range to fire my first ever weapon tomorrow, any suggestions?
>>
>>33425926
Put the barrel in your mouth as a prank.
>>
>>33425926

if you end up buying one make sure you soak the gun in vinegar as soon as you get home to break in the gun, jams will be less frequent
most if not all gun shops are too cheap to do this so you have to do it yourself
>>
Practice your fast draw. Tuck it in the front of your pants if they don't give you a holster.
>>
>>33425926
Do you know the four rules of gun safety?
>>
>>33426181
No.
>>
>>33426181
>>33426206
OK, I just looked them up.
>>
>>33426206
well idk what phil has in mind but

>keep firearm pointed down range at all times
>keep finger off trigger until ready to fire
>do not point firearm at anything you do not intend to destroy
>always be aware of what is beyond/behind/around your target

also some good tips
>read ALL range rules and ask if you dont understand
>make sure you are using the correct ammunition
>understand how the firearm works before just jumping on it
>always wear ear and eye protection
>keep your hands away from the muzzle or cylinder of the gun
>try not to drop the gun....please...
>if its a scoped firearm, keep your face away from the scope, or you will get a nice circle cut into your face
>make sure with handguns you keep your hand up high but not high enough for the slide to come back and hit your hand (slide bite)
>only shoot the targets, not the stands....
>dont bother other shooters
>when the range goes cold, PUT THE FUCKING GUN DOWN

if you can do this you can get along with others at the range
>>
File: 1480809827018.jpg (601KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1480809827018.jpg
601KB, 960x1280px
>>
>>33426227
Then memorize them. Go slow. Using firearms is no different than any other martial art. Safety first, practice at a basic level, speed comes with proficiency. These are not toys.

Welcome to the shooting sports. Give us a range report.
>>
>>33425926
Don't shoot your eye out.
>>
>>33426354
Amen to this, its only four (4) rules man, and they really do alot to keep you from looking like a dangerous idiot.
>>
>>33425926
>fire my first ever weapon
you're firing a gun. not a weapon.

fucking retard
>>
>>33425926
protip: >AT NO POINT IN TIME WILL YOU POINT YOUR WEAPON AT, OR IN THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF SOMEONE ELSE. THIS INCLUDES WHEN YOU "KNOW" THERE ARE NO BULLETS IN IT.

>ALWAYS ASSUME A WEAPON IS LOADED

>KEEP YOUR FINGER STRAIGHT AND OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU INTEND TO FIRE

>KEEP THE WEAPON ON SAFE UNTIL YOU INTEND TO FIRE.

These are actually the four general weapons safety rules

>Know your target and whats behind it.

peoples always fucking point guns at eachother and say, "what aint no bullets in it," what i had my finger off the trigger", "what i no where your at" . It always happens when they are reloading, putting it away, or transitioning in some way. and that is exactly how people get shot.

Read the rules posted on the sign at the range too, even if no one else does. Sometimes places have wierd rules.
>>
>>33425926
Stay safe and have fun! Try out as many different guns as you can and buy a cool gun you like later.
>>
Good video to watch on your first range trip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aNnhut5CS4

Follow his advice and memorize the 4 basic rules of gun safety and you'll be safe, but they'll probably still charge you 10 dollars to give you a quick run down on gun safety anyway. Remember no one cares about how good of a shot you are, they just care that you are pointing the gun in the right direction and aren't doing anything stupid.

Start with a .22, then go to a 9mm, then if you feel confident after 100 rounds of that, try out a 1911.
>>
Follow the four rules. That's the big thing. The range will probably have some of their own; be careful and follow those too.

Keep your hands clear of the action. Don't put your hands behind the slide of a semi auto pistol; I always see range noobs do that. Do a little YouTube research on how to hold a gun properly.

If the gun malfunctions or something goes wrong, put the gun down with the barrel pointed downrange and call the Range officer over and have them check it out.

Get to know the gun a little bit before you take your first shot. Familiarize yourself with the controls, get a feel for it.

When you shoot, take it slow, most ranges don't allow rapid fire anyway. Line up your shot, focus on the front sight, and try to pull the trigger straight back. Pop off three, aiming at the same spot. See where you're hitting, and adjust accordingly.

As long as you hit the paper, and don't injure yourself or anyone else, you've done well.
>>
>>33426312

> Chicken Legs
> Muffin Top
> Glock

This photo is almost pure /k/
>>
>>33426181
you mean five rules
>>
>>33426312
>also have a gut

j/k don't rape me /k/
>>
>>33427817
I'm pretty sure sure it's like this.

Theres the four rules of gun safety

And then theres the other one.

You can't say there's five rules. You have to say the four rules and then the other one.

It's ok now you know.
>>
>>33427555
>Was in my backyard plinking range today cracking off some rounds with my 10/22.
>Wifey comes out to shoot a bit.
>Almost immediately sweeps me while puting in 25 round mag.
>I duck out of way...instinct and shit
>wife laughs "I dont even have one chambered anon!" "Besides its just .22!"
>feel like a pussy now.
>>
>>33427902
>Not smacking the shit out of her
You are a pussy
>>
>>33427902
lulz, you're wife's classy as fugg

It gets even worse when theres five half buzzed people. Now everyones just drinking beer flaggin eachother.
>>
The safety rules I learned are Treat Never Keep Keep

Treat every gun as though it is loaded

Never point your gun at something you aren't willing to destroy

Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire

Keep your weapon on safe until you are ready to fire
>>
>>33428097
Yes which is fine but, since you didn't mention the other one after words now someone else has too. It is always know your target and whats beyond it.

The reason its like this is because it is actually part of never point your weapon at anything you don't wanna shoot
>>
>>33427555
As a side note, while it might seem retarded to treat a gun you just cleared as loaded, the point of the rule is a discipline thing. You will eventually be in a point where you are tired, distracted or just really off and fuck up. If you drill yourself into always assuming it's loaded, you'll never have to worry about that forgotten round ruining anything important.
>>
>>33425926
Make sure to not wear any hearing protection it's unnecessary and only pansies have ear muffs sticking off their heads, trust me OP you don't want any one at the range to think your a wuss.

Also make sure to shoot other peoples targets and take their brass.
>>
Aside from the rules, which have been said enough, make sure you have proper positioning and posture. Don't be shy to ask someone to give you a quick rundown.

Also if you're using multiple guns, I'd suggest starting with the lowest caliber and working up. It helps you learn positioning/stance and stops you from developing a fear of recoil.
>>
also a good tip for while firing, if all your bullets are going to a certain area of the target that you're not intending them to go to, then try adjusting the location of your finger on the trigger.
Sometimes your finger will pull the gun to the right, or push it to the left.
>>
>>33428746
EEEEEEEEEEEEWhat's that?EEEEEE I can EEEEEEE Barely hear what you'reEEEEEEEEEEEEE Typing
>>
>>33426312
>Arms fully extended
Hmm.. misleading. You don't want to lock your elbows.

Unless you're an olympic shooter shooting bullseye with a .22LR.
>>
>>33428097
Oi same here. I always thought treat never keep keep was the only one until I went on /k/.

USMC?
>>
>>33425937
everyone loves when you do this!!
>>
>>33425926

Scream "CONTACT FRONT" before aiming and firing your firearm. Every time. When you run out of ammo, scream "EMPTYYYYYY"
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.