[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the Nez Perce the most /k/ Native American Tribe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: high_437.jpg (33KB, 222x313px) Image search: [Google]
high_437.jpg
33KB, 222x313px
Their track record in combat was impressive.

"One of the most extraordinary Indian Wars of which there is any record. the Indians throughout displayed a courage and skill that elicited universal praise.

They abstained from scalping: let captive women go free; did not commit indiscriminate murder of peaceful families, which is usual, and fought with almost scientific skill, using advance and rear guards, skirmish lines and field fortifications." - General William Tecumseh Sherman
>>
>>33425311
who is Nez Perce? is he a popstar or something?
>>
>>33425311
>distinct and intentional lack of war crimes

Get out of here with that pansy shit.
>>
>>33425398

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nez_Perce_people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nez_Perce_War
>>
File: Nez_Perce_War_battle_map-1877.jpg (393KB, 1771x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Nez_Perce_War_battle_map-1877.jpg
393KB, 1771x1060px
Look how far they got in a series of battles.
>>
>>33425398
Legit lold.
>>
>you will never have a name as bad-ass as Chief Joseph's
>>
>>33426161
If you read the period accounts, it was Kicking Bird and Looking Glass that were kicking ass. Joseph was a lesser-ranking guy who was a sort of diplomat. Which is why he gets all the attention.
>>
>>33426161

His words had such humanity.

"I am tired of fighting. Our chiefs are killed. Looking Glass is dead. Toohoolhoolzoote is dead. The old men are all dead. It is the young men who say, "Yes" or "No." He who led the young men [Ollokot] is dead. It is cold, and we have no blankets. The little children are freezing to death. My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food. No one knows where they are -- perhaps freezing to death. I want to have time to look for my children, and see how many of them I can find. Maybe I shall find them among the dead. Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands I will fight no more forever."
>>
>>33425311
That's not how you say Taíno, bud
>>
>>33426258

The Nez Perce's opponents were the post-Civil War US army, who failed multiple times to crush them.
>>
They certainly were a glorious tribe, but I think the most /k/ tribe is the Mowachaht.
>Captain Salter of the Boston arrives at Nootka sound
>some injuns come aboard to trade
>chief maquinna is gifted a duck hunting gun
>it breaks
>whatever the indian equivalent of REEEEEEEEEE is shouted
>the occupants of the boat are slaughtered and the surviving two are enslaved
>>
File: Natives.jpg (176KB, 515x700px) Image search: [Google]
Natives.jpg
176KB, 515x700px
It's sad what happened to the Natives but it really is just the same story of humanity that has been happening since the first man bashed another man over with a rock or stick

Still, I take it some sort of solace that the Natives have been all but immortalized in American culture, at least they're not forgotten

So to answer your question, I think the Nez Perce and any Native tribe that stood up and fought is pretty /k/
>>
Seminole

Only aphibious assault by a tribe on US forces.
>>
>>33426316
Taíno had to deal with the Spainards multiple times for a couple of centuries, along with other Taíno tribes that allied with them
>>
>>33426952
>Still, I take it some sort of solace that the Natives have been all but immortalized in American culture, at least they're not forgotten

I do think it's badass that we name some of our greatest weapons after things from their culture. The Apache, the Iroquois, the Chinook... All badass.
>>
File: need some money pale face.jpg (209KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
need some money pale face.jpg
209KB, 500x493px
>>33426952
Don't feel too bad, some tribes have gotten pretty wealthy ripping off dumb white trash and tourists.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.