[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 2cntc3p.jpg (186KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2cntc3p.jpg
186KB, 800x600px
Hey /k/ I'll be turning 21 in two days and I'm looking to buy my first gun.

I went shooting for the first time with my friends a couple days ago and shot a lot of different things. I definitely want a handgun and my first choice was pic related but my friends said 10mm was too much for a first gun.

Now I'm leaning more towards the Hi Power. Aesthetics come first, and maybe I'll carry it. Budget is $1000. What should I get?
>>
>>33424005
Delta Elite aesthetics are unsurpassed imo.
>>
>>33424005
Buy what you like and make your noodle-wristed friends jealous.
>>
>>33424005
just shoot low power target loads through it like everyone else with a magnum gat at the range, save your wrist and wallet
>>
File: 1489634115621.png (308KB, 486x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489634115621.png
308KB, 486x360px
I don't think your answers are going to improve based off of how many threads you make. What have you used before? Generally a:
1. Colt
2. 1911
3. 10mm
are all things handgun newbies shouldn't dive head-first into. You're setting yourself up for a difficult and expensive learning experience with a firearm that most people don't use for high round counts. You will be happier starting with something you aren't scared of getting scratches on, that is easy to disassemble and maintain for a beginner, has cheaper ammunition, is more pleasant to shoot and learn technique with, and has more variety in accessories so you can experiment a little and not drop $150 on every new holster. Unless you think you'll enjoy all of that stuff, but you will get tired of it fast.

>Aesthetics come first
Maybe you should hang on to that cash for a little while and keep looking at other guns. Hi Powers are good and I'd argue a better choice in general but you're starting your weapons search at an odd end of the spectrum. They are plenty of "pretty" pistols out there that are steel framed and don't cost a grand.

>>33424154
>lower power loads
that's called a .40 S&W, they are much cheaper if you absolutely need a 10mm for target shooting.
>>
>>33426030
>hat's called a .40 S&W
oh god you're retarded
>>
springfield range officer operator 9mm.

once you get good - buy the 10mm.
>>
Beretta 92
>>
>>33424005

it just depends on what you want to do with it, you are not going to wind up carrying a 10mm 1911 very much, it's just too much gun

if you want to shoot it at the range mainly and get used to it I would get a 9mm GLOCK or Smith and Wesson M&P, or something else that is common and mundane and get good shooting that.

Once you have shot a modern mainstream gun a lot you will have a better feel for if you want a 100 year old design like the 1911 or the hi power

It's like buying a 69 Camaro for a first car, that's cool and everything but really you should probably get an accord and then decide later if you need a less reliable super powerful old car
>>
>>33426051
>>hat's called a .40 S&W
>oh god you're retarded

?

.40 is literally 10mm short
>>
File: IMG_3471.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3471.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
I just picked up this for 700 off buds guns shop, aesthetic, compact, easy to clean. It's also light weight. You don't need to spend 1k get a commander sized 1911 and a decent holster and spend the rest on ammo
>>
>>33426260

>he fell for the kimber meme
>>
File: Ifindthisamusing.jpg (34KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
Ifindthisamusing.jpg
34KB, 500x383px
>>33426051
>buys 10mm
>only buys and shoots weak fbi loads to save money and avoid recoil

"It's totally a 10mm guys!"
>loads it with overpriced .40's
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.