[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weapon Lights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: flashlight selection.png (208KB, 1174x932px) Image search: [Google]
flashlight selection.png
208KB, 1174x932px
Trying to decide on a flashlight for my shotgun, pretty sure I have it narrowed down to these two, help me out /k/.

Opinions on either?
Any other contenders at the same size/price that I haven't considered?

Also considered getting a TLR-1 HL, but can't really justify doubling the price for the more compact package when the only difference is 1oz considering there is room past my handguard for up to like 5.9" worth of flashlight.
>>
File: 1358514255463.jpg (341KB, 1000x716px) Image search: [Google]
1358514255463.jpg
341KB, 1000x716px
Bump
>>
>>33423302
I have a protac rm and its great but the pressure switch has a weird habit of draining the batteries for no reason, might just be retarded
If I had to get another I'd get a surefire
>>
I'd recommend the surefire, I've used their handhelds and pistols for a while now, and cannot say anything negative about them (other than price.) Streamlight makes nice lights, but you really don't need that much throw, and it might be a hassle switching through the different levels of lumens. 400 lumens is more than enough.
>>
>>33423302
Arisaka lights take surefire accessories and are priced between sf and streamlight weapon lights
>>
How come I don't see much of the smaller pistol lights like the TLR or X300 on rifle setups? They certainly go through more abuse on a handgun. Its usually a flashlight on a mount.
>>
>>33424280
generally people want more throw for the gun that will shoot further
>>
>>33424280
The main draw of those types of lights are size (which you pay for).

That and pistol lights tend to have much more flood to them instead of a concentrated beam, to match the range you would be using it in. Good for a shotgun, bad for a rifle.
>>
>>33424385
>>33424322
But those smaller lights on rifle are fine for house situations right?
>>
>>33424471
Why gimp your weapon light for only a fraction of the range of your weapon though?

It's like putting a pistol reflex sight on a rifle, the entire point of them is being compact for a pistol.
>>
I'd go for the surefire, more lumens is nice. I have a Helotex G4 1000 lumens, it's like a ray of daylight coming out of that thing. Gg home invaders' retinas.
>>
>>33423302
Hey op what type of shotgun do you have and how are you gonna mount it??
>>
>>33424574
>I'd go for the surefire, more lumens is nice.
You mean the streamlight then?
>>
>>33424601
Sorry, I read it and then must have mixed them up as I was typing
>>
File: 81NbdlFU7HL._SL1500__367x350.jpg (24KB, 367x350px) Image search: [Google]
81NbdlFU7HL._SL1500__367x350.jpg
24KB, 367x350px
>>33424594
590A1, and pic related from
http://cdmgear.com/lightmounts.html
CDM MTC
>>
http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/jobsmart-tac-360-led-weapon-light
>>
>>33424630
Thanks
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.