[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red dot recommendations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: red dot guide.jpg (256KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
red dot guide.jpg
256KB, 1200x800px
Is pic related still valid or would there be recommendations for upgrades?

My rounds are
>.223 (Colt 6920 18"),
>.308 (Tikka T3X CTR 20")
>.22LR (Ruger 10/22)

I hunt with Tikka. Whitetails, buck. I shoot kill shots with it up to 100 yards in average, never beyond 200 yards. I currently have an illuminated Burris Fullfield E1 3-9x40 for it. It's a good optic I think, but for someone else maybe.

6920 is my home defence. That's what I practice with it. I have no optic for it, just open sights.

Ruger is something I shoot sometimes. I'd like to have a nice practical optic for it too, though.
>>
>>33422486
out to 100 yds on deer you might want to stick with the variable power. Consider a 1-4x or 1-6x. From what I've heard the bottom of the line 1-4/1-6x Vortex suck ass for image clarity. Probably worthwhile to pay a bit more towards 1k.

Primary arms is also on the $150-250 list. I've also heard good things about the sig sauer micro red dots. Check out the gun deals plebbit. Lots of good deals on the budget red dots recently.
>>
I have a Burris FastFire2 I got with the AR i bought from a friend. It was on the 45degree offset sight. Since the rifle was set up for 3 gun. Though I took the leupold mark AR and the burris off to just shoot the rifle with KAC irons.

is Burris good enough to use on a Glock 19 MOS or on a KSG?
>>
>>33422486
what happened to cheap primary arms? didnt they have something for 70-80 bucks that used to be recommended. did it double in price cause of popularity?
>>
>>33422712
no their micro dot is still around that price and it's still decent.
>>
>>33422683
>Consider a 1-4x or 1-6x.
I'll look into that category, thanks. The cost is not that much of an issue either. I need something that works for me.

I don't have sufficient confidence to take down game at long ranges. I need to sneak closer for a kill shot.
>>
File: HSHS403A_1.jpg (9KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
HSHS403A_1.jpg
9KB, 400x250px
Anyone have experience with a Holosun HS403A? Found it new online for $109.
>>
anyone have any experience with the trijicon srs? I was looking at getting one for the UMP.
>>
>>33424248
Bump for interest. What's the scope it replaces, or competes with? Is it recoil rated?
>>
Just got a holosun 503g with the acss reticle. It's pretty nice.
>>
>>33422486
missing
>DI Optical $250-450
>Steiner MRS ~$450
>Sig romeo4 ~$idk
>>
>>33422810
meuller speedshot might be worth keeping an eye out for, it's a 1-4x scope with just a reddot for reticle, the video MAC had a while ago on it piqued my interest, but I usually forget to look for one at stores

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvMfbYwED1k
>>
>>33424386
https://www.gunprodeals.com/products/scopes-holosun-technologies-micro-red-dot-760921087305

Amazon reviews are pretty good.
>>
>>33424448
new hasgun with ruger gunsite, would this be a good choice for a front mounted scope to fill my fast target acquisition hipster meme needs?
>>
>>33424524
i have no idea, eye relief is listed as "3.5" so thats not exactly 'scout' length, but i would try to find one in a store first. you want a scope with long eye relief, like handgun scopes
>>
>>33424591
so basically im limited to "scout" scopes and red dots and such?
>>
>>33424448
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.
>>
>>33424626
OP here, I myself kinda am, with my preferences how I call my shots with my rifle. :)

>>33424448
>>33424640

I like open sights but, I have found it out too that with some proper optics I can judge and handle so much more.

I still will check out that Mueller Speedshot scope. I think I need a broadfield red dot for my Tikka. At least that's the current idea I'm thinking about.

This is not easy, to find a good one.
>>
>>33424626
isnt that what you wanted? you could get away with a normal scope with regular eye relief but its gonna suck donkey balls tryin to chase down the tiny fov youre gonna have. you bought a 'scout' gun, you need a 'scout' scope.
heres this
preview tiny url DOTCOM SLASH kq9bo4h
fuck you fourchan im trying to help is not spam

>reddots have unlimited eye relief
>>
>>33422486

For red dots, aimpoint is the way to go especially for outdoor use and personal defense. For casual hunting all the cheaper options are still viable, but the cheaper options may not work as good in extreme cold weather conditions which is probably notable, although some cheaper brands I believe have fixed those problems since I last heard of them.

If you have 20/20 vision or something close, I do recommend you get an aimpoint for your personal defense AR as you can keep it on for years, get it all fucked up and toss it over a cliff and it will stay on. If your vision is worse than 20/20 then I would look into an Eotech XPS as the reticle will be fairly easy to pick up over standard ironsights, or any reflex reticle that is more than just a plain dot.

My vision is shit and I run a T2 microdot on my 16" AR with a G33 magnifier, while I can pick up the dot just about as fast as ironsights it's still a little out of focus without contacts or glasses. I also don't have any BDC marks below the dot so when I hold over it's a guessing game and repetition of muscle memory.
>>
>>33422712
That and the Bushnell trs-25 still exists around the $70-$90 range and are decent, but you've gotta remember that /arg/ made the graphic so theres going to be snobbery involved.
>>
>>33424868
The TRS-25 was a great entry level dot four or five years ago.
I just can't recommend it over primary arms, vortex or holosun offerings that are just a few more dollars for superior battery life, construction and warranty.
Not to mention bushnell revised the sight a few years ago to cut costs.
>>
>>33424248
Holosun optics are fine - they're identical to the Primary Arms models. They also make the SIG Romeo sights.
>>
>>33422486
I have the Sparc AR on my ar15 and I love it. Up here in leaf land everything is like 2x the cost you get in the states, so the aimpoints and trijicon werent really an option.
>>
>>33425038
I hadn't realized they dropped in quality. The most recent budget dot I got was one of PAs micro dots for a budget build, so I guess I'm out of the loop.
>>
>>33424797
I didn't know eye relief was a thing haha...
>>
File: WP_20161213_003[1].jpg (1MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161213_003[1].jpg
1MB, 3072x1728px
Who made this? This is most certainly not /arg/-approved. I demand to speak to your manager.

To answer your question;
>Poor?
Primary Arms MD-ADS
>Not poor but still budget-minded?
Aimpoint PRO
>Wanting to smugly shitpost threads filled with people less fortunate than you?
Any of the Aimpoint microdots.
>>
>>33425552
I think that redditfag Pixeldick5 made this shit. I think he did it to draw attention away from his poly lower and inability to post anything of value.
>>
File: fucking anons.jpg (344KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
fucking anons.jpg
344KB, 1200x800px
>>33422486
>>33425594
haha whoops
lets just fix that
>>
>>33422760
>>33422712
They have two. The advanced one costs like $150 but they have a... not advanced? One for $80ish. I paid $60 on eBay for one.

I drove from MI to ND in a storm. About 8 hours my rifles and that dot sat in the bed of my truck getting rained on. After the rain cleared up it started snowing; I sat on a highway going about 20mph in a blizzard for 4 hours or so. The temp eventually dropped below zero for my last 3-4 hours from Minneapolis to my apartment.

Dot was literally frozen, but still worked and held zero.

The advanced one has like a 50,000 hour battery life, the regular one has less but I don't remember what else it has. I'd trust PA with my life after that experience
>>
File: KAC.jpg (2MB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
KAC.jpg
2MB, 1512x2016px
>>33425656
PUT THAT MEMERO BACK
>>
>>33425737
IT FUKKEN HOLDS ZERO
>>
>>33425770
I don't know if you've ever experienced below zero temps, but it is very harsh on most things. I think the temperature was -20f that night.

Most cheap electronics probably wouldn't handle getting rained on nonstop for 8 hours either.
>>
>>33425788
I guess you haven't seen that one AKOU video, then. After beating the shit out of an AK with a primary arms dot on it, Robski takes a shot and then exclaims "IT FUKKEN HOLDS ZERO" after hitting the target.
>>
>>33425840
I have not.
Apologies for not catching the reference.
>>
>>33425656
this is correct
>>
>>33425856
No worries. Was a pretty cool video showing off the PA red dot, though. It had a cracked lens and everything.
>>
I can't recommend you a dot as I've only fired a PRO and looked through a MRO.
But I can say this for sure, definitely shoot with one before you buy. I bought a PRO and I love it, much more than irons for practical shooting, but my dominant eye is very bad even with lenses. I still shoot just fine at distance but it really blobs on me. I am now looking to try and find someone with a Strike Eagle I can try out.
>>
>>33425892
I went from a 1-4 to a dot because of sheer weight.
>>
File: tnac_close.jpg (235KB, 1689x950px) Image search: [Google]
tnac_close.jpg
235KB, 1689x950px
>>33425594
Man you really have a crush on me <3

Here's a nice pic of my poly lower just for you bb
>>
>>33424852
how bad is your vision?
>>
I lucked into getting a little Bushnell red dot for free.

My AR was naked so I threw it on there just to have something to aim with. But it is super low. How do I figure out which riser to get or how tall my riser should be?
>>
>>33424626
Yeah, unless you just run a red dot, or mount the scope over the receiver which you have zero reason not to do given the rifle has a detachable mag sooo...
>>
File: 1490501998830130139410.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
1490501998830130139410.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
Running a PRO on my 6920
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.