/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi-Point Carbine sighting-related question: Just got a 4595TS.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 4595ts.jpg (21KB, 940x275px) Image search: [Google]
4595ts.jpg
21KB, 940x275px
Hi-Point Carbine sighting-related question:

Just got a 4595TS. Really great gun, but when I got it out of the box, it shot 8" low at 25 yards. This is assuming that I hold the peep sight and consider the tip of the front sight post to be the target (center hold).

After adjusting the rear sight all the way up, so that it's raised as much as possible, the rifle shoots around 5" low instead.

Anybody else have this issue? Any suggestions? It's otherwise a very functional gun, and when I hold for the elevation with the maximally-raised sights, I can get very consistent groupings. But this definitely isn't the way I want to continue.
>>
>>33422121
They have great customer service. Have you tried calling them about it?
>>
>>33422159
Nope, might do so when they're open again! I just thought other /k/ folks might have experience with this sorta thing.

I'm aware of their stellar customer service though.
>>
pls help
>>
Can the front sight be adjusted?
If not and if the rear sight is maxed out and its still very low, it sounds like something isnt right. Definitely contact cs
>>
>>33422121
>After adjusting the rear sight all the way up, so that it's raised as much as possible, the rifle shoots around 5" low instead.
isnt this the fucking opposite of how it should work? if you raise it up poi should go down. if you want point of impact to go up and the front is fixed you lower the rear.
>>
>The sights on the Hi-Point carbine are very easy to use, and consists of a rear aperture and a protected front post. Both front and rear are adjustable for elevation, with a very wide range of adjustment, and the rear is adjustable for windage correction.

Try Google, newfag
>>
Try reading the manual, newfag
>>
Try not to be a sphincter licking newfag, newfag
>>
>>33422721

Turns out, reading the manual, that the front sight is adjustable for *coarse* elevation. Skimmed that small detail over. This explains why maximally adjusting the rear sight only resulted in a 2" vertical change in POI.

Thanks!
>>
File: Derp2.jpg (49KB, 547x331px) Image search: [Google]
Derp2.jpg
49KB, 547x331px
>>33424323
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.