[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Range Stories:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: 9eSrgiJ.gif (44KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
9eSrgiJ.gif
44KB, 1024x768px
>Be me on business trip to California
>Stop by a gun range before my flight out
>Sign on the door reads "No Loaded Firearms"
>Gun cases are almost completely empty, except for 2 glocks an AK clone and an AR-15
>Ask owner to rent a gun
>"Sorry anon, you need another person with you to rent a gun"
>me: "Why?"
>"It's a policy to prevent.. well, suicides"
>"Life is good, right anon?"

Jesus Fucking Christ California.
>>
>>33421609
I got one.

>Be me in Commiefornistan.
>Take friend/co-worker to gun range for the first time.
>Tell him I hope there is not a lot of people because I hate shooting around other people who do stupid shit.
>Get there and there is a bunch of people.
>Be irritated but shoot anyway.
>co-worker does well with Frankenstein revolver and loves it.
>See Mexican shit skins a lane away from us.
>Every one is bitching at them because their target is set too high.
>They cant understand and act really confused. They continue shooting anyway.
>Step back away from our lane so I can gauge what all the fuss is about.
>Shit skin turns around while laughing and smiling sweeping the entire back area with a loaded 9mm and finger on the trigger.

mfw ban anyone who can not speak English from using or owning guns.
>>
>be me rso in texas
>chinese dude rents glock
>looks directly down barrel on firing line
>sir please keep it pointed downrange
>>
File: Pan Pan.png (81KB, 342x352px) Image search: [Google]
Pan Pan.png
81KB, 342x352px
>>33421609
Nice gif.
>>
>no rapid fire, 3 shots every 15 secs
>no fmj, surplus or steel core
>only lead cast or frangible allowed on pistol range
>no "assault weapons"
>no NFA, suppressors, SBR, SBS, auto
>$45 membership fee

Well I know what range I'm never shooting at lel.
>>
>rent gun with no problems
>fire off a couple rounds
>hear some other people comparing guns
>one dude has his pal over, he's new to funs and enjoying every bit of it
>nothing wacky or nonsensical happens

I love my local range
>>
>>33421609

That's an extremely common policy. My lgs has that exact same policy for its range because 2 people at different times have rented a gun, and then blow their brains out.
>>
File: zzzzzmisc~02.gif (3MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzmisc~02.gif
3MB, 240x135px
>at range
>girl next to me is having trouble
>strike up conversation and give her some advice
>she seems all giddy and smiling at me
>try to flirt with her
>show her some pointers
>do the get up behind her and hold the gun with her and stab her in the ass with my dick move
>she screams and cries rape
>permabanned from range
fuckin white bitches just dont wanna be with a nigga in public but I guarantee that bitch would of taken the dick if no one was looking
>>
File: fuck it.jpg (17KB, 497x225px) Image search: [Google]
fuck it.jpg
17KB, 497x225px
>>33421609
>be bean from Oregon
>have to move to Commiefornia have 3 guns including an uncuckeed AR
>find out there aren't any public ranges like in Oregon
>range I find is out in the middle of nowhere, only range in the area so have to settle
>all the range staff look miserable, find out you can't shoot any tula ammo
>spend half my time there waiting on these dudebros fucking around with their sign and keeping us in cold range
>they're literally standing in the middle of the range looking at the groupings, high fiving and laughing
>ask them about their AR, they don't know anything about it
>only cool guys at the range are some old vets zeroing their scope for hunting

Gonna have to live here for the next year or so, this is gonna fucking suck

I miss Oregon's public ranges
>>
>>33427036
Colionnoir pls go you're not as smart as you think you are
>>
File: Jefferson.jpg (1MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Jefferson.jpg
1MB, 1920x1280px
>Be "californian"
>dont have to go to some shitty range to shoot
Lmao
>>
>>33421609

It's done to promote range memberships, which is effectively the only way to shoot a gun in urban San Jose or LA. There's no municipal ranges left that allow things other than 22s or shotgun slugs, so ranges can do whatever they damn well please.

>>33423250

It's illegal for ranges to do that. I mention this specifically because the firearm license exam (yes this is a thing CA has now, thanks NY) is also available in Spanish and you do not need to indicate your legal residency status (just your residency ie a utility bill) when buying handguns.
>>
>>33427174
Isn't having people who can't understand the RSO's instruction a safety issue?
You'd think liberals would be all over barring non-English speakers from gun ranges.
>>
>>33427174
>It's done to promote range memberships, which is effectively the only way to shoot a gun in urban San Jose or LA. There's no municipal ranges left that allow things other than 22s or shotgun slugs, so ranges can do whatever they damn well please.

Can't speak for Worst California, but near San Jose I can think of three ranges (including one run by the county) that have no caliber/ammo restrictions apart from the standard (no .50 BMG, tracers, etc). None of them require memberships.

Now if you're talking about rentals, then I'm not sure if any public range ever rented out guns.
>>
File: fwf - Copy.png (4MB, 1516x1568px) Image search: [Google]
fwf - Copy.png
4MB, 1516x1568px
>>33427165
go to bed jabba
>>
>>33427036
you already wrote this couple of times
also
stop raping people you nig
>>
>>33421609
who the fuck rents guns at a range?
>>
>>33430121
Can you tell me which one you think is the best out of the three?
>>
>>33421609
>Be OP
>live in podunk town
>gun range is a rat-infested couch and a yard car
>smoke meth recreationally
>sell meth professionally
>go to the big city to acquire more meth
>see gun range that isn't an abandoned building or a burnt out car for the first time
>discover that businesses have policies
>blame the government
>>
>>33430174
The only reasons I could think of are:
1) Want to try out a gun you're thinking of buying before you drop cash on it.
2) You're in Las Vegas and are going to one of those places that lets you shoot one of their full auto guns.
>>
>>33430121
>Now if you're talking about rentals, then I'm not sure if any public range ever rented out guns.
Reed's has a few rentals available. Nothing special like you'll find at the Vegas ranges though, so I don't think all that many people use them.

The San Leandro range has a couple of restrictions like no steel case ammo, no shotgun ammo except slugs, and no magnum over 22.
>>
> Be small town texan
> reloader and own a fuckton of toys
> only decent gunrange is some backwoods guy next to cement plant
> sit down only boring range
> sweet talk him into letting me repurpose his shotgun pit
And now I get to go nuts with entire magdumps and shoot and move drills.

I cannot fathom why you guys get stuck with shitty cucky ranges. Bad times man. I practice 3 gun in this 30 by 30 pit, its not yuge but i can do whatever and he doesnt notice when i steal all the brass. Plus he never yells at me or bothers me like other people.

Ive got a 338 LM though I would like to shoot at some distance other than 100 yards. So hard to find seriously long ranges.
>>
>>33423250
>>33427174
Speaking of the San Leandro range, one of their range rules is you have to speak English or have an interpreter. You could call the SLPD and complain that they're breaking anti-discrimination laws, but since that's the range that they (and Hayward PD, too) use for their own practice, I don't think you'll get real far.
>>
>>33430482
Sort of depends. Sunnyvale Rod and Gun is the most convenient (for me, at least). The staff are generally nice and will help you out if you need it. The firing positions are indoor, but the targets are outdoor, so even if it rains you can go shooting. There are positions for 25, 50, and 100 yards on each lane, so you can stay on the same lane and move the target out if you're zeroing. The main problem is the limited number of lanes. Usually the centerfire rifle range is pretty full on the weekends, so expect a wait. If you have a pistol or a .22, usually there are lanes open for those while you wait.

The Field Sports Park is the county range, and it's pretty nice. It's all outdoors (has some covered positions), but fixed target ranges, so if you get a 50 yard lane and want to shoot 100, you have to move lanes. The staff are okay. Seems to me they're a bit condescending, but I suppose they've got to see a lot of idiots. This place does have a 200 yard range, but you can only use it for 2 hours at a time.

Los Altos Rod and Gun is probably the least convenient. It's up in the hills (technically in Los Gatos). They have a tin can range, where you can bring your own targets (no dumb shit, like propane), rifle range, pistol range, etc. I've not actually gotten around to going there, but supposedly the ROs are dicks. Bonus: a /k/ommando used to work there.

SR&G is probably your best bet. is open to the public Tue/Fri/Sat and 1st and 3rd Sundays, and it's $15 for the day.

What I can recommend is going out to some BLM land. There's a spot in the Panoche Hills (Firebaugh exit) which is good for shooting. We CAfags meet there every now and again. If you're in the South Bay, it's a couple of hours away, but it's totally worth it. Shooting out in the fresh air, no benches or whatever is great. Highly recommended. If you would like to know more, post a burner email in >>33410844, and Reimer can shoot you an invite to the Slack group.
>>
>>33430566
Yeah, there's Reed's, but I was thinking public in terms of run by the county, since >>33427174 said
>municipal ranges
>>
>>33426994
Are they too poor or legally unable to buy their own gun?
There was a range post years ago where anon spoke about this in sig
>work at range
>rent guns to burgers
>one sig in particular has been used for multiple suicides
>casually referred to as the 'soul taker' by staff
>>
>>33430659
Suicide is typically an impulsive act. Renting a gun is quicker.
>>
>>33427088
Where at in Oregon? 541 here. Some of the best outdoor ranges around
>>
>>33430174
I rented a scar 16s at a range once because I wanted to try it out but I can't justify buying one. Maybe a scar 17 but not a 16. So yeah, blowing 15 bux to rent a gun I would otherwise never use isn't all that bad.

Shit the range I go to actually had a Smith and Wesson day yesterday where all S&W rentals were free. You just had to pay for the lane and buy ammo at the range. It's a good way to try guns you might not otherwise get to handle.
>>
File: JackieCHAN.jpg (56KB, 575x335px) Image search: [Google]
JackieCHAN.jpg
56KB, 575x335px
>>33427174
>22s or shotgun slugs

> one kills engine blocks

> the other kills squirrels

> nothing in-between
>>
File: 1425182175775.png (64KB, 450x433px) Image search: [Google]
1425182175775.png
64KB, 450x433px
>be me
>go out innadesert with friends
>shoot friend's flintlock and his slide fire AK at 2 liters and balloons
>also do some trap shooting with my clay thrower
>a grand time is had
>until old fuck and his slightly less old son arrives
>they park right next to us but 15 feet behind us, well behind our firing line
>old fuck pulls out AR-15 with slide fire stock and starts firing anyway
>but he's incompetent so he can only get off one round at a time
>ask old fuck if he'd like to join us on our firing line for safety reasons
>he says "No, we're fine here, just don't move to the right."
>we all just kind of look at each other
>after a few more rounds friend notices old man is shooting across the road
>politely tries to tell old fuck that's not a good idea
>old fuck cuts him off and rages "Well where the fuck are we supposed to shoot? Everywhere else in this goddamn place is taken!"
>Friend cuts him off right back while still maintaining his calm demeanor "Sir, there is a security camera on that telephone pole behind you and a ranger station about a quarter mile away from us, if they see you shooting across the road they will give you a steep fine."
>old fuck decides his senile old brain knows better
>his son is visibly embarrassed
>but thankfully old fuck's AR-15 shits the bed
>he's fucking livid it's not working, taking it apart over and over and trying to get it to work
>friend tries to be neighborly and offers advice since he has a slide-fire stock, asks if his AR is well oiled
>without even turning around "No, I don't need to oil it, it doesn't need oil, it's brand new."
>wat
>old fuck's fuckery is fucking up our range day
>THIS.CANNOT.CONTINUE.png
>friend pulls out bulgarian 70 round drum mag for his AK
>loads it up and magdumps with his own slide fire stock
>works flawlessly
>old fuck's son has a look on his face like "damn, that was awesome"
>old fuck himself is staring daggers at us, looks like he is about to have an aneurysm
>mfw
>>
>>33432041
t. Slide FireĀ® rep
>>
>>33430552
This.

My LGS has a Thompson with the fun switch.
>>
Gun ranges and gun stores in general are pretty shitty in CA but there is this one range i love going to because its based and very little in terms of rules. For example:
>no magnums on steel pistol targets
>no center fire rifles on pistol range
>stay behind yellow line during cease fire
>safety glasses on at all times
thats about it, people rapid fire all the time and iv even seen a guy with 20 rd mags and no one said anything.
>>
>>33435777
>20 round mags

Holy shit! Won't someone stop these madmen?!?
>>
>>33430584

San Leandro was closed last year over noise complaints.

>>33431471

It's because of the RANGE issues. 22lr and shotgun slugs don't go too far and are easy cleanup, and don't make too much noise. This is a major problem considering how powerful NIMBYs are in California.
>>
>>33435777

CA gun stores are great, if only because the people there want to be there. No stupid bullshit like cashiers not knowing that receivers need forms, or the owner's stupid kid fingering the products or playing on his phone.
>>
>>33437635
The San Leandro range open when I went there last Wednesday. Are you maybe thinking of the Chabot Gun Club?
>>
>>33435777
You can own 30 round mags and stuff you just can't sell or buy them, but then again who will know if you buy them
>>
File: 1395766201643.jpg (151KB, 455x300px) Image search: [Google]
1395766201643.jpg
151KB, 455x300px
>>33430174
>who the fuck rents guns at a range?

I do it all the time.
>>
>>33427165
Shut up jabba.
>>
>>33432174
lel
>>
>>33437750
Not for long.
>>
File: 5cf.jpg (156KB, 750x958px) Image search: [Google]
5cf.jpg
156KB, 750x958px
>>33430928
what state you in? thats cheap as shit
>>
>>33427036
This just isn't a good pasta
>>
>>33427088
there are public ranges but it involves going to the middle of bumfuck where the BLM land is
>>
>>33424556
no fmj? holy shit. that alone makes that range garbage. is the backstop made of paper?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.