[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to modify blank gun to shoot bullets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

I bought this Walther P38 and I would like to modify it to shoot real ammunition. Does anyone have any idea how to do it?
>>
>>33420127
Become gunsmith
>>
>>33420127
You can't do it, the barrel isn't good for that, it will explode and take you hand if you try that.
>>
cast your own shots and muzzle load it
>>
take an empty 9mm shell or blank, pop the old primer out and put a new primer in. Fill the shell with blackpowder, gunpowder or ground up match heads. use cotton ball to stuff the shell to keep the powder in, and muzzle load a marble or something else 9mm sized.

Go back in time to gain your freedom
>>
>>33420158
OP please don't listen to this retard.
If you bought a blank gun then it probably won't support full pressure loads without exploding
>>
>>33420127
Take a 8mm drill and drill out the barrel and you're good to go, Ahmed. Just purchase some 9x19 or 9x18mm ammo and P38 mag.
>>
>>33420182
OP don't listen to him

there's only one way to find out for sure
>>
And, Can I do a little hole in blank bullet, and put a 4'5mm pellet, like a round, and seal it with wax?
>>
>>33420182
Of course it will!
>>
And other question. Can I load the gun like a muzzleloader pistol with 9x19mm but only the projectile?
>>
>>33420182
>black powder and a marble
>full pressure load
>>
>>33420221
Might also assplode due to not having enough force to push that bullet out.
Don't do it, it might harm your hand. You'll never get a functional 9mm gun from that blank firing gun.

Do buy 8mm airsoft pellets/bearings and insert into blank firing gun and report results. Beware of ricochet.
>>
>>33420127
no. get a black powder revolver. modern BP substitutes don't even make that much smoke any more.
>>
>>33420186
8mm is the same size as the bullet (in case OP was wondering, 9mm refers to the casing diameter, the bullet is 1mm smaller) but, due to drill wobble, will result in a larger hole. He wants 7mm so it's a little tight around the first shot (which will smooth it to the correct size) followed by a 7.5mm x .5 metric tap to put rifling in it.
>>
Not every blank gun is equal. Some "trauma" guns from Russia were made from real Makarov or TT33 frames, and could easily be converted back to their original calibers. Of course those have been banned. Same thing with blank guns made by real gun makers, such as Taurus which used to make a fully functionnal revolver, just converted to shoot blanks.
People who do conversions usually use turkish blank guns. you need to cut off the shitty barrel and replace it with a real one made of steel, then you need to chamber it and attach it to the frame. Then you'll need to replace some springs and some mechanical parts such as the firing spring and hammer with steel ones.You'll only be able to shoot weak calibers : .380, .32 acp or .25 acp. And only a few times before the gun blows up in your hand because it's made of potmetal.

tl;dr : throw that shit where it belongs : in the garbage.
>>
So, the best option is do a small hole in plastic of the blank bullet, put one round .117 in this hole and seal with wax to prevent gas leaks and reach de max power
>>
>>33420319
You also need to use a tap to put rifling in.
>>
File: 1488764504927.jpg (45KB, 374x503px) Image search: [Google]
1488764504927.jpg
45KB, 374x503px
Please be joking, your more likely to hurt yourself doing this and it be easier to buy a real gun
>>
File: 1488137357679.jpg (51KB, 340x490px) Image search: [Google]
1488137357679.jpg
51KB, 340x490px
>hide your doggo OP and grab your mini 14 the ATF is on their way
>>
File: 1490395179448.jpg (21KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
1490395179448.jpg
21KB, 427x427px
>>33420234
>playing witch doctor with explosives

wait, what am I saying, go ahead op
>>
>>33420182
It will blow up , its your hand.
>>
File: 1488481883597m.jpg (89KB, 700x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488481883597m.jpg
89KB, 700x1024px
http://www.instructables.com/answers/Modifications-to-a-pistol-to-allow-blank-firing/
>>
>>33420127
Just buy a non plugged barrel online. Then fill it with tannerite.
>>
>>33420127

I have not tried that myself, but i did try a 6mm steelballs in a traumatic gun(rubber bullet gun) and shot around 15 bullets, it worked fine and the barrel was not damaged. It was a stalker mod 917
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.