[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? How do we make it right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4464.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4464.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
What went wrong? How do we make it right?
>>
>>33417333
>what went wrong
Price point and availability.
Same problem with all "AR killers".
>>
>>33417333
It's too late. Also it offers nothing over an AR.
>>
>>33417357
>no retarded buffer tube
>better charging handle location
>better stocks in general
>more use of Plastic and aluminum, thus making things even cheaper to produce

It's like the AR when it first started.
Yeah it's expensive, yeah it's not "the proven one", yeah it's not "our gun" but fuck dude, it's a shitload of potential.

I just find the parallels between the ACR beginnings and he AR beginnings.
>>
>>33417406
*interesting.
I find the parallels interesting.
Damn phone.
>>
>>33417333

>What went wrong?
You saved a thumbnail.

>How do we make it right?
At this point just give up desu.
>>
>>33417333
Well people freaked about the barrel twist rate, which in all honestly 1:9 is fine. People also didn't like the barrel coating process of nitriding at the time, which is another thing that is fine if not better if done correctly when compared to chrome lining. The largest of all was the price point which was far off from the originally stated price, I forget the particular numbers though. The cost difference just doesn't justify the rather minimal gain over a standard AR.
>>
>>33417406
Well the AR brought along a whole new style of combat with the capacity and cartridge. The ACR wouldn't really change anything from changing from the AR. Think of the jump from the M14 to the AR, and compare that from an AR to a ACR. I would say the jump is minimal by comparison.
>>
File: Msbskandmsbsb.jpg (94KB, 800x492px) Image search: [Google]
Msbskandmsbsb.jpg
94KB, 800x492px
it has been.
>>
Honestly all it needs are the conversion kits at a decent price.
>>
>>33417753
And reduce the rifles price. Shave a thousand dollars off the MSRP and MAYBE I'll consider buying an ACR over another AR.
>>
>>33417333
>What went wrong?

It's parent company is Freedom Group, that's all you need to know.
>>
>>33417333
Shitty calibur, not a battlerifle.
>>
What I can provide to you anons:

>friend of mine from the military of a particular unit
>got to try out a table full of weapons of various calibre and size
>oh looky, Bushamster ACR!
>Pew, pew, pew, klack!
>Huh? It jammed!
>Clears the chamber, resume firing, pew, pew, klack!
>Clears the chamber again, pew pew klack!
>Repeats 2 or 3 more times
>Fuck this shit, next weapon!

Something on the likes of that. Basically it's prone to jamming and in a life or death scenario, it's a shit and unreliable weapon to have with you. If my terminology is shit, please correct it, I'm still learning...
>>
buy an AK...problem solved
>>
>>33417889
>bushamster
>noun; meaning: a bus full of weaponized hamsters
>make it happen /k/
>>
File: Dog.jpg (94KB, 480x1084px) Image search: [Google]
Dog.jpg
94KB, 480x1084px
>>33417333
>What went wrong?
Freedom Group

>How do we make it right?
Give the rights to a good company and lower the price.

It is a solid design, and looks pretty good too but everything about it since its launch has been laughable at best. If only Magpul kept it.
>>
>>33417341
Handing off production to Bushmasterj.
>>
File: IMG_1181.jpg (120KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1181.jpg
120KB, 960x960px
>>33417889
This has got to be one of the stupidest posts currently on 4chan. They're some pretty horrid things about the ACR, like guys having to resort to using airsoft parts to replace rails and shit, but this second hand anecdotal post is absolute retard tier both in content and structure.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>33417548
Yes, it is. But in a firearm that SHOULD be cheaper to produce (extrusions and investment casting vs. forgings and milling) that's lighter with similar recoil AND offers quick-change barrels which theoretically leads to quick-change caliber conversions and you have a not-insignificant improvement.

Bushmaster and Remington fucked up a great design with bad management. That's it.
>>
>>33418024
Oh wow, my typo turned into something great! Thanks anon!
>>
The whole selling point was a cheap(er than a contemporary AR) to produce rifle with quick easy caliber conversions. They never delivered on alternative caliber kits and in subsequent years AR caliber swaps have become far more mainstream and affordable, so the appeal of the ACR/Masada simply doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>make a bunch of promises
>deliver on none of them
>G-Guys why didn't you buy it?
>>
File: chuck2.jpg (38KB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
chuck2.jpg
38KB, 320x220px
>>33417333
I owned one when they first came out.

What went wrong?
>way too front heavy
>recoil was horrible compared to an FN SCAR

AR platform was so much better to hold and a lot more balance. ACR had unecessary amounts of metal up front.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.