[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speed 3.0 vs A.T.A.C Storm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: Speed 3.0 vs A.T.A.C Storm.jpg (934KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Speed 3.0 vs A.T.A.C Storm.jpg
934KB, 2000x2000px
I've decided to try out some 5.11 boots and can't decide between Speed 3.0 or the A.T.A.C boots

If any of you dudes own either pair of these and could give some pros and cons. That would be appreciated
>>
>>33415807
Former Army fag. Bought 5.11 boots in 2008 and they were such a piece of shit I have never trusted anything the company has made since. Pulling the shoe strings to tightly cut in to the leather. If you want some soft ass shoe boots for Blackhawk or Nike.
>>
>>33415807
>zipper on a boot
>>
>>33415807
>side zip
>5.11

If those are your two choices may as well just kys desu
>>
>>33415833
blackhawk boots will fall apart within a month of heavy usage
>>
>>33415841
>>33415856
Op here
I've got side zips on me steel toed boots and have never encountered any problem with them?
>>
>>33415807
for me
>>
>>33416194

P A V E M E N T A P E
>>
Don't go with any boot that has a zipper on the side. If that shit breaks it's game over. I'm personally a fan of Merrell but everybody has their own needs.
>>
try the nike sfb. light and comfy.
>>
>>33415807
I'm issued 5.11 A.T.A.C boots for duty boots and they suck ass man. Need at least two pairs a year.
>>
>>33415807
Dont do side zip, i had a failure in the middle of putting mine on, never went with a side zip again, that and ankle support SUCKS
>>
>>33415807
I've had three pairs of the side zips and I've broken the the zipper on all of them.

Kind of a non issue though for me since the tight fit and the velcro strap work for the most part.
>>
>>33415807

Just get some Danners, one of the best decisions I ever made.
>>
>>33415807
I've had 5.11 6" ATAC boots for about 2 years and it's still going strong.
>>
>>33415807
I've had about three pairs of Storm in the past five years. Comfy boot, waterproofing works well, and the extra thick zipper hasn't ever busted on me, and I've got fat guy calves.

My only issue has been the inner sole wears down fairly quickly. Inserts work well enough, but it's a pretty annoying flaw. I get a free pair through work every year which is why I keep getting them.
>>
File: 20853_EC0325.jpg (24KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
20853_EC0325.jpg
24KB, 636x636px
How about some Alden Indy's in cordovan? You'll be the most stylish operator there is. They're even on sale today!
>>
>>33421515
If I had to pick two issues to fix, it'd be better in-soles and raising the laces to over the 5.11 logo on the top of the tongue.
>>
I had 5.11 ATACs for less than a year doing EMS before they fell apart. Complete shit, avoid them. Normally my boots last 2-3 years+
If you're set on side-zips, try the Propper 100 - not too expensive, comfy, and pretty durable. Just got my second pair. First pair is still fine, but the heel's a bit too worn out, so they're living in my trunk as spares now.

>>33415841
Get fucked, side zips are awesome.

>>33416349
I've been through 4 pairs of side-zip boots over the years, haven't had a zipper fail on me yet.
>>
File: 32571.jpg (126KB, 600x713px) Image search: [Google]
32571.jpg
126KB, 600x713px
>>33421528
>>
does 5.11 make anything that doesn't fall apart in a year?
>>
S A L O M O N
>>
File: Corcoran Jump Boots.jpg (195KB, 591x591px) Image search: [Google]
Corcoran Jump Boots.jpg
195KB, 591x591px
>>33421528
>>33422398
Get real lil bitches, if you want to be stylin' while operating get these
>>
>>33422589
own a pair. traction is fucking abysmal. havent decided what to do with the flat bottoms yet. should i brass tack them?
>>
File: 1312.jpg (213KB, 864x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1312.jpg
213KB, 864x1080px
>>33422589
Paratroopers are a meme and so are their boots. Operators wore low boots with gaiters.
>>
Keen
Salomon
Merrell
Asolo

I did have a pair of Asolo fall apart once, but they sent me a new pair right away.

Keen are my favorite and best thing is that they DO NOT edit the reviews on their website. Also have a great composite safety toe if you dont want steel.
>>
>>33423304
>Keen

Yessir. All their workboots are named for tough manufacturing cities, Detroit, Warren, Flint, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh.

Besides the steel and composite, they have aluminum toes.

The Leavenworth boots are tough as shit too.

Some designs tend to look like moonboots but what are you gonna do faggots? this isn't /fa/
>>
File: leavenworth.jpg (29KB, 314x333px) Image search: [Google]
leavenworth.jpg
29KB, 314x333px
>>33423431

Leavenworth pic related
>>
>>33415807
I picked up a pair of 5.11 boots to go with my faggoty tactical kilt
I'm wearing it to Ren Fair tomorrow for the beard competition
I got the A.T.A.C. side zip

I figured that I can wear them at pistol matches when I get a better pistol
>>
I've owned multiple pairs in black and one A.T.AC in that tan-suede style.

Both worked fucking fine, the tans lasted for three years.

Guess I'm in a small percent of people that actually like 5.11 gear o.O
>>
>>33415807
The speed 3.0 is literally a better version of the ATAC. I wear ATACs for work (EMS), and they are pretty comfortable. They wear pretty quickly on the soles, but from what I hear the Speeds are better for that. Plus the grip is apparently a lot better on ice and wet surfaces.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.