[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on the special forces, which is better, navy SEALs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

File: us-special-forces-quiz-orig.jpg (1MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
us-special-forces-quiz-orig.jpg
1MB, 1800x1200px
redpill me on the special forces, which is better, navy SEALs or green berets and why?
>>
>>33415184
Same thing, different branch.
>>
They serve different functions.
>>
That's not how that works. While they are both part of the special forces community, they excel in different ways and have different goals. SEALs are very much focused on counter terrorism and direct threat elimination. Green Berets are no slouches in combat, but they focus much more on being a jack of all trades and guerrilla warfare.
>>
>>33415184
Do two totally different things.

Seals are like infiltration or go on raids.

Green Berets are like commanders that train up an entire armies or are diplomats for locals.

I think Green Berets are better, but it's generally just an opinion.
>>
>>33415184
>which is better, navy SEALs or green berets and why?

Fuck off with this mess
>>
>>33415210
>>33415201
isnt the green beret's expertise with guerrilla warfare and some of everything else because their main focus is to train foreign soldiers? quite different from seals.
>>
>>33415201
one wears undies the other don't
>>
>>33415245
That's not their main focus but that's what they generally end up doing.
>>
>>33415184
Which is better- a hammer or a screwdriver? They are both tools, so they both do the same thing.
>>
>>33415245
For the most part, yeah. I mean, they definitely are our go to troops if we ever needed to fuck up an entire country from the inside.
>>
>>33415254
do you like to screw with a hammer or hammer with a screwdriver?
>>
>>33415264
>they definitely are our go to troops if we ever needed to fuck up an entire country from the inside.
for how much could i have one?
>>
>>33415184

Not OP but have a question:

When the U.S. Army's Special Forces are sent in to train allies/indigenous/local forces, does the U.S. charge for their services or is it done as an act of goodwill and diplomacy?
>>
>>33415254
I mean the screw driver can be used to beat the nail in while the hammer can not be used to beat the screw in. Your wrong and you need to kill yourself.
>>
File: OViNM[1].jpg (292KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
OViNM[1].jpg
292KB, 1836x3264px
>>33415184
Seals are better at one thing for sure.

Writing books.
>>
>>33415285
We almost never charge them. It's either training hadji's to kick the door down and pile in for us, so we dont get shot; or its "cross training" which is more of a diplomatic meeting of various special forces groups.
>>
CAG: Army direct action
SF/Green berets: Army, training ragheads
Rangers: Army large-unit DA stuff
Navy Seals: Navy water-borne DA, but wrongly pushed into land based stuff since there's not much sea in Iraq. This is why there's an op redwings every other week
USAF STF: Airforce SoF, the best of the best, the ones they call on when a job simply has to be done right
>>
>>33415310
>USAF STF: Airforce SoF, the best of the best, the ones they call on when a job simply has to be done right

are you fucking stupid
>>
>>33415334
I think he might be meme'ing
>>
>>33415334
He didn't even mention the Marines.
>>
>>33415251
That's been their main focus since Vietnam. They were the first in Afghanistan to help the Northern Alliance for example.
>>
File: THEM.jpg (57KB, 480x321px) Image search: [Google]
THEM.jpg
57KB, 480x321px
I don't know what it is, but THEY would scare me much more than any other special forces if they were after me.

You just know it's absolutely game over, if it was seals, at least you'd get a helicopter crash worth of warning
>>
>>33415361
probably because marine training is banging head into wall until one gives.
>>
>>33415372
ayy operators?
>>
File: SEAL-Backpack.jpg (54KB, 294x312px) Image search: [Google]
SEAL-Backpack.jpg
54KB, 294x312px
>>33415294
>that cervical spine syndromes textbook
>low back pain textbook

Man, that shit really ruins your body.
>>
>>33415184
SEALs don't train indigenous forces to overthrow their evil overlords.
Green Berets do that.
SEALs go in and kill everyone. Unless you need them to in and remove someone and keep them alive.
>>
>one get their panties wet
>one makes them think you live with bears

nuff said.
>>
File: 1471286714518.jpg (2MB, 1694x1935px) Image search: [Google]
1471286714518.jpg
2MB, 1694x1935px
>>33415347
>>33415334
He's memeing.
But CCTs and PJs are our SF.
And TACP, but the first two seem more operator.
>>
File: C3K50BC.jpg (101KB, 866x650px) Image search: [Google]
C3K50BC.jpg
101KB, 866x650px
>>33415372
The 80s operator aesthetic was certainly the spookiest.
>>
>>33415334
Get woke kiddo, PJs are who they call upon when things get too tough for everyone else.
>>
>>33415431
cuz nervegas
>>
>>33415403
ANON I HAVE GOOD NEWS!
He is actually a chiropractor, though he may just be stealing peoples spines to replace his own.
http://www.howardwasdin.com/
>>
>>33415855
>though he may just be stealing peoples spines to replace his own.

my sides have left this A/O
>>
>>33415294
I've actually met this guy when I was in high school. A friend is related to him. Thought for sure he was just making shit up about the guy until one day dude just shows up in my drive way to pick him up.
>>
>>33415431
Something about all British equipment form the 80s has a very odd feel to it. I can't place it; not quite the "ultra-bulky" Soviet aesthetic, but not quite the typical European futuristic "high speed low drag" thing either
>>
>>33417153
It's almost like Pink Floyd was in charge of the military fashion.
>>
>>33415293
>hammer can not be used to beat the screw in
pretty sure it can chucklefuck.
>>
SAS have a good one for the SEALs. Sleep Eat And Lift.
>>
The best special forces group is the one you don't know exists.
>he thinks SEALs actually killed Bin Laaden
lmao
>>
File: 1478039043091.jpg (46KB, 647x495px) Image search: [Google]
1478039043091.jpg
46KB, 647x495px
>>33415184

>This thread again

Read a fucking book you lazy bastard
>>
>>33415184
We'll. SEALS suck cock. There wasn't a damn one I ever met who I either liked, or thought was worth a shot otherwise. Green Berets are decent folks, but it's my opinion the 18X program fucked them up.

Never worked with a PJ, but the Combat Controllers I met were top notch.

MARSOC was cool, but I'm biased and their program was immature when I got out.
>>
>>33417425
Honestly, they are all pretty good and it consists of good people. It's the average infantry that suck.
>>
>>33417520
No. I genuinely hate SEALs. They're fucking frat boys who don't take anything seriously.
>>
The SEALs mission: Do something cool, look good doing it, write a book about it in three years
The Green Berets mission: lick the fingers of Indigenous people
>>
>>33415210
>>33415285

that isn't true. special forces has its own subsection group of door kicking kill groups.
>>
>>33417715
This.

People do realize a former Green Beret started Delta right?
>>
>>33415184

That depends on the job.
>>
>>33415294
>ghostwriting books

ftfy
>>
File: 546346506250.jpg (146KB, 840x779px) Image search: [Google]
546346506250.jpg
146KB, 840x779px
please leave and stay leave
>>
>>33417553
i want to hear some stories
>>
>>33415184

Why does he have shotgun shells?
>>
>>33418837
breaching
>>
>>33418797
seconding
>>
>>33417715
During peace time their only mission essentially is to train guerrilla forces and maybe a little bit of the ol' "frontline advising" from time to time so they have this rep. There are DA platoons that are specified as DA and those guys would kick the shit out of seals if you ask me. They shoot almost as straight, move just as fast and are trained to deceive, ambush and mind fuck their way to victory. SEALs would get bored after a day of combat and the green berets would just be starting, slowly killing them with patience.
>>
>>33415184
Green Berets are force multipliers. Navy SEALs are half-witted Jesus freaks who artificially inflate their biographies and get quick-scoped by crazy-eyed leathernecks when the RO isn't looking.
>>
>>33415406
>SEALs don't train indigenous forces to overthrow their evil overlords.

im pretty sure they do.
>>
>>33420005
>half-witted Jesus freaks
how accurate is this? every dramatization of a seal makes it out like they get to church every sunday. maybe it has something to do with dedication.
>>
File: 1489874671462.png (5KB, 274x242px) Image search: [Google]
1489874671462.png
5KB, 274x242px
>>33415184
JTF-2
>>
>>33420129
I'm gonna have to agree with you, leaf.
>>
>>33420005
>not loving Jesus
>>
>>33415285
Considering that it's always done in order to further US interests abroad, no monetary payment is expected.
>>
>>33415285
>act of goodwill
That might be putting it a little charitably - we're basically inciting rebellion in hostile countries. I mean, it's fun and efficient, but not exactly philanthropy.
>>
>>33420122
The hyper religious are used to taking orders, respecting authority, and not asking questions. All desirable qualities in a seal.
>>
Why do Americans have so many SF units? From what I've read, pretty much every branch has everything and there's a ton of overlapping. And that doesn't seem to stop at SF. Everyone has aviation, boats, infantry, etc. Wouldn't it make more sense that (roughly) Air Force would handle flying things, Navy floating things, Army everything that moves on the ground and then co-operate more with each other? And why are Marines even a thing?
>>
>>33415184
Are they paid well ?
>>
>>33421800
marines are a branch of the navy. they exist on ships in case there is a need for rapid deployment of troops on the ground. army takes longer to mobilize
>>
>>33421800
>Aviataion
Air Force still does the vast majority of air operations like logistics and air warfare. Navy has its own air wing (essentially a second air force) because american doctrine is centered around force projection and air power, and carriers are the centerpiece of that. The Army and marines have air power, but its centered around troop transport and ground attack, being mostly helicopters. The army has *some* fixed wing for observation special operations deployment, but thats it. The Marines' fixed wing is, again, tied around ground support mainly, and primarily atatched to amphibious assault groups.

>Boats
The air force doesn't have any maritime units to speak of, and the Navy and Marines are self-explanatory. The Army does have large vessels, but they are few, and just logistics barges.

>infantry/SOF
The airforce doesn't have infantry, but it does have security forces specially trained for airbase defense. The only SOF they had are the PJs for rescuing downed pilots, and CCTs, who are put with other SOF groups as specially trained radiomen to work with air assets.The Army is where you'll find the bulk of the SOF forces, each designed for specific missions. The Navy's SEALs are born from the Under water Demolition Teams of WWII and evolved into what they are today. Marines have MARSOC, but its literally Green Berets with a slightly bigger maritime emphasis who's existence is owed to the overtaxation of workload of the Army SF.

While you're suggestion of streamlining tasks seems good on paper, in reality the clash of chains of command would make an already complex system impossible to work.
>>
>>33422226
comparatively, maybe, but they don't really do it for the money.
>>
>>33422326
It still seems wasteful to me and think that something should be done to fix it. Can't say what but removing overlap would be a good goal. If the chain of command is the issue, concentrate on that.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.