[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /k/ hate marines so much? Redpill me on the marine corps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14

File: marines.jpg (784KB, 2240x1488px) Image search: [Google]
marines.jpg
784KB, 2240x1488px
Why does /k/ hate marines so much? Redpill me on the marine corps
>>
I can't speak for /k/, and I don't "hate" them per se, but a friend of mine joined a couple years back. He was under the assumption that it was a brotherhood (you know, "the few, the proud"), and turned out everyone important is an asshole and everyone hates each other (his words). Frankly my problem is with the whole US military, they've been infested with PC culture and big govt. in general. All my friends and family who served have told me to stay away in it's entity. 20 years ago they would have said otherwise, but they all told me the current culture within is cancer.
>>
>>33414287
Because we hate ourselves, Anon
>>
Mostly their overly-bravado attitude and how they act like they are the best the military has to offer. I actually worked with some Marines as a Chair Force guy last year and none of them really acted like that anyway and were really cool to work with. Just their NCOs acted like dicks.
>>
Marine POG here
>>33414344
I thought it'd be a Brotherhood too, but really it's not. Maybe it's different in combat, maybe the training shows more in combat, I wouldn't know.

The training and history of the Corps speaks volumes to how proud each Marine should be to serve, but after you get out of training, really it's nothing special. Again, this all could be different in combat, I'm speaking from a POG's view.
>>33414419
We do the Overly-bravado act to each other as a joke, we do it when we challenge others, it inspires confidence and it's something we're trained to do in basic, since we have competitions to be the best of the best as an individual, as a squad, as a platoon, and as a company. Outside of that we're like any other person, some people still put on the act in day to day scenarios, Those are Mo-tards (Motivated retards) And normally they mean well and just want to inspire others like they've been inspired.

I don't hang out on /k/ much, but I haven't noticed any real hate on Marines, just the general jabs and jokes people say that really doesn't mean much offense. Thick skin and all that, each branch mocks the other but we don't really hate each other.
>>
>>33414807
yeah, I definitely met some of those Mo-tards when I worked with them, but they were still cool guys. And yeah what you said basically sums up some of the guys I worked with.
>>
>>33414287
No one hates marines or the corps more than marines
>>
It's still the whitest branch, and the cuckservatives don't like that.

Lotta retarded stuff they do
All their equipment is old dogshit because their leadership is super corrupt
>>
>>33415445
>It's still the whitest branch, and the cuckservatives don't like that.
For the "whitest branch", they sure act a lot like niggers, raping their way across Okinawa every weekend
>>
>>33414287
Wait a minute, is that fucker fourth back not at attention? ARE HIS EYES LOOKING AT ME?!
>>
>>33415419
>No one hates marines or the corps more than marines

Truth!
>>
File: 1483356928022.jpg (9KB, 350x257px) Image search: [Google]
1483356928022.jpg
9KB, 350x257px
>>33414287
Because /k/ is an amoebic mass of beta males and insecurity
>>
>>33415527
>Wait a minute, is that fucker fourth back not at attention?
None of them are at attention you chuckle fuck. That's port arms.
>>
File: usmc.png (2MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
usmc.png
2MB, 900x900px
>>33414287
jealously
>>
File: 1bayoney.jpg (128KB, 544x499px) Image search: [Google]
1bayoney.jpg
128KB, 544x499px
>>33415650

this
>>
From a 1Sgt. in regards to the Marine Corp.
>Army developed the tactic of overwhelming
force
>this skill was learned in operations in Panama
>there, using 10 US troops for every 1 of the enemy made most surrender as the enemy would see that killing one troop does nothing and only ensures that they die pointlessly
>the Army chooses to utilize this tactic for nearly all operations that come afterward

>the marines are so well regarded as the best grunt that the US can throw at someone, that even at odds of 1 Marine for 5 enemy troops it can have the same effect as overwhelming force
>this makes the Marine's useful as a fast moving, hard hitting, and aggressive force used to repel the enemy from the front lines with them being forced back giving space for the next set of FOBs and secure areas to bring support for the primary assault force

>for a war like the Gulf, this puts Army operated fronts creating this repulsion of the enemy through heavy shelling from artillery, then occupying quickly securing the bombed out wasteland and setting up for the next strike
>for the Marines, this results in quick and hard pushes on the enemy with more mobile artillery and a greater use of ground troops to secure the area

Just what I've been told by an Army artillery crewman and combat engineer that served alongside Marines in the gulf and later conflicts.
>>33415527
He is so shadowed, I can't even see eyes. You're seeing shit.
>>
>>33414807
I don't know man ,there was a lot of that brotherhood feeling when I was in just a year ago, especially among the infantry and my own MOS (1833)

Its something that will leave its impression on you, I don't think I'll ever forget my time in the Marines even though its only really 4 years of my entire life.

The Marines have done some badass shit in their time, its shame how far we've gone from those days really, I'm hoping they'll give themselves a kick in the ass like they usually do every other decade or so and get their shit together
>>
>>33415691
Physcial fitness tests just got harder so it should weed out the weaker Marines.
There is brotherhood, but from what you hear and what you see. It just seems exaggerated to me, it's fun sometimes but sucks so much more. Sure people say it is what you make of it, and I try to see the good in it every day, but sometimes things hit you like "What the fuck?"
>>
>>33414287
I hate them because I had to grow up with them.

I respect them, but I hate them.
>>
>>33415491
even the whitest branch still has nigger pog's
>>
>>33414287
They are a more polyvalent tool than the US army, thats why ppl are jaelous.
>>
>>33415445
This shitty equipment meme has got to die. It was true at one point like maybe when OIF was first getting off the ground. I served from 04-08 and I have never witnessed a marine unit with worse gear than their army equivalent. You fucking never served are the worse...
>>
>>33415691
The brotherhood thing can be really annoying to explain. Like the guys I serve with, SOME of them I share this bond with. But in general I literally don't give a single fuck about another service member or even another marine who I did not serve with.
>>
>>33414344
20 years ago we weren't in constant wars and hadn't been in a war since the first gulf war which he won easily and with minimal casualties. We were still the world's police (bosnia/serbia etc). Of course people's opinions have changed.

What does "big government" even mean in the context of the military. The military is big government? The whole military industrial complex was pre 1997.

"Infested with PC culture?" You know don't ask/don't tell was 20 years ago along with the push for women to be in combat roles. Hell they made a movie about it.

Your reply is the very definition of shit posting. My only suggestion for improvement is try trip fagging for a bit.
>>
>>33415995
bosia/serbia wasn't world's police...
The whole serbia thing is the US establishment is allied to islamists because of drug & human smuggling.

As well they will always side with the savages over the civilized
>>
>>33415934
>It was true at one point like maybe when OIF was first getting off the ground.
It's still true in some cases. In my unit the only vehicles that we have that are not old and busted as fuck are the LVSR's. A large portion of our armory is M16A2's that have been upgraded to A4's, and our CIF gear STILL issues out interceptor vests. A large number of our Kevlars have "for training purposes only" stamped inside.
>>
>>33415934
The corrupt leadership is bullshit but currently the gear we're getting is ARMY surplus. We don't get much money for the shit we need. But we do without, always have, always will.
>>
>>33414287
Just because we say they eat paste doesn't mean we hate them. They are a bunch of idiots who kill good. They have their place.
>>
>>33415527
FFFFIIIEEELLLDDD DDDDAAAAYYYYY mother fuckers MOTHER FUCKING GRAB A FUCKING MOP BUCKET TO CLEAN THE CIELINGSSS NNNNOOOOoow

WHere the fuck is your boot band

Is that fucking dust on your door, whole platoons staying up for a week.

0430 PT be at the bleachers
>>
>>33415683
Those are actually good points.
>>
>>33414287
Because a lot of /k/ is a bunch of mall ninjas too fat to get into DEP, let alone pass boot camp.
>>
>>33414287
Is anyone on this board from 3d tracks aabn or any other amtrackery
>>
Pretty much any hate that you see on /k/ about Marines is more likely than not active duty in the crops right now or finally got out the hell hole they're from, being Twentyninestumps or Lejeune. At the same time, if offered the chance to get their EGA tattoo laser removed for free, they'd hesitate. It's truly a love/hate relationship, like battered spouses or prison bitches, sort of.

Field days and police calls every Thursdays really do something on a person's psyche.
>>
>>33415683
I cant hear you over yall losing fallujah.
>>
WUN TOO TREE FOR I LOVE DA MUHREEN CORE
>>
>>33415735
The tougher fitness test have dick to do with weeding out weaker Marines. The old standards was already tougher than any other branch and has been perfectly acceptable for decades. The only reason the standards are getting tougher is so they can BS reasons not to promote junior Marines. Because the higher a rank a person receives then the more they have to pay them. It's also completely biased against older Marines as well one trying o make a career out of the Marines but over the decades may have lost a step or two in their older age. A Marine that doesn't make it to 20 years is a Marine they don't have to pay full retirement to. It's all about saving money and nothing else. I've even heard they plan on bringing back promotion panels for ranks as low as E2. It's all bullshit.
>>
File: mari (2).jpg (55KB, 491x551px) Image search: [Google]
mari (2).jpg
55KB, 491x551px
>>33414344
>US military
>infested with big govt

u sound as smart as the average marine
>>
>>33415934
my friend was an electronics/communications guy in Iraq, around the same time as you, and he often complained that the marines get all the leftover gear passed down from the navy.
>>
Marines would be more likely to mow down us civilians than the Army/National Guard or Air Force.
>>
I was explosive detection k9 in the air force. Three deployments, real deployments attached to infantry and convoy security teams back when ILO missions were the norm in the 2000's.

Talking to a prior marine at bjj class and he was ragging on some network ops guy in the air force talking about how much worse they had it in the marines, how the air force is no better than a civilian force blah blah normal "chairforce" bullshit.

I asked him what he did and he was in finance. I just lold and left it at that. He went on a tirade about marine handlers "hardcore" training etc etc. The thing most people don't know is the USAF is in charge and runs the entire k9 program for the DOD regardless of branch. Every marine handler is trained by the air force and follows and executed training/sop based on tactics developed by air force handlers.

It gets old but every marine thinks they're the best thing in the military. It's more of annoyance than anything else. What gets to me is new 0311's acting hard when that haven't even deployed. I can't tell you how many times I had to listen to some e2 marine retard bragging about shit after what I did.

Imo they have to be brainwashed with this stuff in order to maintain discipline and morale. Anyone with a brain sees passed it. The infantry is notorious for that, it's an honorable job but I've been attached to units with people that have to have had legitimate learning disabilities in the infantry. Those ones are usually the loudest alongside the guys that haven't done anything ie finance guy from earlier.
>>
Why do they get pissed off when someone calls them soldiers?
>>
>>33418290
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Battle_of_Fallujah
>Army gets BTFO out of Fallujah.
>Marines retake it.
Yeah sure did.
>>
>>33419662
Soldier = Army
Marine = Marines
>>
>>33419658
you type pretty well for a dog
>>
>>33419839
Marine is short for marine infantry, which is a type of soldier. Getting upset at being called soldier is just a great big stale meme
>>
>>33414287
>>33414344

Also a Marine POG here, got out about a half year ago.

I actually never heard of the "brotherhood" part of the Marine Corps until after I joined. I kind of just joined on a whim and ended up going with the flow most of the time.

That being said, I actually did find the "brotherhood." I now have three lifelong friends I still talk to every day (thanks facebook video chat), even if we all live in different parts of the country. We're not that similar, we all have vastly different backgrounds, and our age differences are about 1 to 5 years. The only thing we had in common was we were all in the same unit working the same retard POG job.

But if there's any one thing that could justify spending 4 years in the stupid fucking desert, it's that I ended up with lifelong friends.
>>
File: TornApart.png (502KB, 1192x953px) Image search: [Google]
TornApart.png
502KB, 1192x953px
>>33415650
>>33415659
>jealous of a primary school reading level and a perpetual shortage of batteries for NVGs
>>
>>33419849
>a great big stale meme
Just like the Marines themselves ;)
>>
The thing is, you are evaluated face-to-face not just by your instructors and then officers, but your buddies as well.

>served, our unit never saw combat
>left the service after 4 years, into civvie life
>got a job, got a nice gf, got a nice kid with her
>a couple of years went by
>got laid off from work, was hard to find new work
>happened to met a couple of buddies from our old unit, talked about things
>two weeks later another buddy from the unit sends me an email, says there is a job for me
>okay, deal.

Don't ever underestimate the power of a real network where a bunch of guys know each other through and through.
>>
>>33414807
Most of the people I've met who hate marines are marines themselves.
>>
because the Boots are fucking retarded.

>be me, army
>TDY in Okinawa to see neurosurgeon at the navy hospital
>go out night before surgery for beer and ramen
>obvious muhreen boots enter
>obviously shitfaced already
>one of them starts screaming about how he wants to go afghanistan and kill babies
>the locals' look of disgust with the baka gaijin is overwhelming
>I have to drag him and his buddy out. then order their drunk asses back to base.
>lucky their boot asses were indoctrinated enough to be afraid of an army sgt.
>>
>>33419981
>jealous of being capable of doing more with so many hindrances and far less resources.

ftfy
>>
Too much mental conditioning to be cannon fodder.
>>
File: Marines 6mm Lee rifles.jpg (578KB, 1856x1426px) Image search: [Google]
Marines 6mm Lee rifles.jpg
578KB, 1856x1426px
I hate the Marines because they're unneeded. It's smart for the Navy to have a SMALL infantry force for amphibious operations and ship combat, but they're just some Armylite now. The Navy just use them to justify having such an inflated budget so they can blow it all on the next cruise missile or aircraft carrier.
>>
>>33415419

This.
>>
>Be me.
>Be instructing jarheads in the use of hella-expensive hardened, hand-held touchscreen computers.
>Jarheads immediately lose or break styluses.
>So they whip out their knives and start poking at the screens with them.
>Half of the brand-new, hella-expensive computers damaged.
>This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
File: vegans of k.png (483KB, 741x691px) Image search: [Google]
vegans of k.png
483KB, 741x691px
Inflated egos and negative IQ. They just can't shut up, compare themselves to SF and get angry really easily.
>>
>>33419850
This, i was navy and hated being on a giant metal coffin with nothing but ocean but I've met some amazing fucking people that i wouldn't hesitate to take a bullet for.
>>
>marine POG here
>>
File: 1395799881144.jpg (235KB, 766x758px) Image search: [Google]
1395799881144.jpg
235KB, 766x758px
>>33424656
>touchscreen
Fucking why?
Why do Jarheads even need computers?
>>
>>33414807
Pog
>>
>>33414287
It's mostly the pretentious, holier than thou, better than you attitude marines have.

There's nothing that wrong with the USMC, it's just that the training indoctrinates marines with a sense that they are worth more than every other branch, and that's obnoxious af.

Also the fact that their branch exists at all is a wasteful inefficacy, they should be merged into the army, navy and air force to get rid of an entirely redundant bureaucracy.
>>
>>33430811
There's a theory how competing bureaucracies with similar or identical purposes actually improve performance by creating competition.
>>
>>33414807
>Thick skin and all that
If there`s anything one can prove about Americans, it`s that Americans, especially marines, not have - it`s thick skin.
Americans have the thinnest skin in the world and yellowest pigment outside of Asia.
>>
>>33424576
The worst is all these fucking amphibious ships they are buying in the Navy
All completely useless
>>
>>33430811
>Also the fact that their branch exists at all is a wasteful inefficacy, they should be merged into the army, navy and air force to get rid of an entirely redundant bureaucracy.
Thing is the Army bureaucracy is far, far, far, far, far less efficient. Was that enough far's?
The Army can't get shit done. Ever.

For example the last time the US Army made a new vehicle was upgrading the M60 main battle tank with a gas turbine engine and composite armour, which started in 1972.
Everything else they copied from the Canucks, Brits, occasionally Aussies or Afrikaaners, or Marine Corps.
And the Marines probably copied it from the Canucks, Brits, Aussies, Canucks, or Africans.

>MRAP program
>Before that USMC Cougar
>Cougar built by Brits
>Copied off Casspir

>ACU
>MARPAT
>CADPAT

>Stryker
>Extreme popularity of USMC LAV-25
>LAV III
>Pirahna 8x8
>BTR-60

>Ground Combat Vehicle
>Copied off nobody
>Cancelled

>Land Combat Vehicle
>Copied off nobody
>Cancelled
>>
File: air force quality.png (352KB, 372x484px) Image search: [Google]
air force quality.png
352KB, 372x484px
No one actually hates the USMC, just mild annoyance

Everyone hates the USAF, the reigning fratricide kings

Reminder that the USAF threw the remains of 274 Marines, soldiers, and sailors into dumpsters because they "thought it was funny".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/air-force-dumped-ashes-of-more-troops-in-va-landfill-than-acknowledged/2011/12/07/gIQAT8ybdO_story.html
>>
>>33431656
>from families who had authorized the military to dispose of the remains in a dignified and respectful manner

who cares
muh ashes
>>
File: Air Force.png (541KB, 667x474px) Image search: [Google]
Air Force.png
541KB, 667x474px
>>33431656
*misplaces nukes internally
>>
>>33424656
I'm sorry your hellacool computers got damaged.

Maybe if they're that expensive they should have someone in the room that knows how to supervise properly.
>>
>>33430811
There is no way you could possibly convince anyone that a Marine expeditionary unit is useless.
>>
>>33431896
All it would take is giving them a mission and watching them fuck it up
>>
>>33431919
That isn't even a real argument. It's not even an opinion.

Do you even know what a MEU does
>>
>>33431884

kys
>>
>>33429951

Clearly they don't.
>>
>>33424656

Giving GTACs to infantry was your first mistake.
>>
>>33415683

Being a guy who got screamed at slightly more does not alter basic force ratios. Having a high ratio of attackers to defenders is basic small unit tactics.
>>
Because it's an obsolete branch that exists only because of the MEU. That's the only thing we do that another branch can't do right now. I say right now because the Navy could overhaul it's Master at Arms and Gunners Mate(or whatever other rates) programs to focus on land warfare and we'd be fucked.

Littoral operations within the fan of naval gunfire(our bread and butter) could be just as easily done with a group of SEALs and SWCC and random bodies from a ship that can point a rifle, and take a 30 minute class on patroling
>>
>>33414287
DAS RITE CIVILLIAN
*drops out of school*
WE MUHREENS N SHEEIT
*takes government money*
>>
File: 1490388890230.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1490388890230.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>33431656
Based air force

That's pretty funny tbqh
>>
>>33423470
>>33423470
This meme needs to die. When you're in a combat situation, the "pride" of being able to do more with less disappears faster than you'd like to think. At the end of the day, if you don't have the necessary ingredients to make your patrol safer, you're gonna be salty about it.
>>
File: 1444493525473.webm (1MB, 656x480px) Image search: [Google]
1444493525473.webm
1MB, 656x480px
>>33431656
air force best force
>>
>>33435094
The 11-series sure

Everyone else is just a pilot's fluffer.
>>
>>33416033
>>33416039
Clearly you fags are POGs or boots. Who cares if they give you shitty gear for training stateside? No one I know that actually deploys with the same shitty gear. If you do/did then its bc your gonna be sitting on your ass on a FOB for the majority of your deployment.
>>
>>33417600
lol i hope your a good swimmer
>>
>>33419658
As a marine, I can verify this. There are a lot of mother fuckers that drank too much of that koolaid. Some of us have woken up to it but some never do. Funny thing is outside of boots, its usually POG fags that never seem to be able to let it go.
>>
>>33414287
Speaking from the Army side of things
Marines are trashed mostly because of the whole asinine "the few the Marines" While killer for recruitment, it does not reflect the actual quality of Marines. Not saying they're better or worse than any other branch in terms of the people they pull in.
>>33414344
>my problem is with the whole US military, they've been infested with PC culture and big govt. in general
I agree and disagree at the same time. Yes, we do have big cock of government in our asses and along with that is PC shit like sharp, but I'd argue that the overwhelming majority of people in all branches do not buy it or at least are skeptical. Does it waste valuable training time or just time in general, holy fuck yes. Does it infest everything you do, no not really.
>>33415445
More like the most Hispanic branch. Fuck nearly every Marine I meet is beaner. I don't know what it is, but Mexicans love the Marines more than any other service.
>>33431656
>Everyone hates the USAF, the reigning fratricide kings
If you don't have the designator on long enough or if the jet approaches from the wrong angle, then yes. Painting the target is dangerous, it's not a secret. Sometimes the bombs like to hit you instead. Not really an Airforce fault
>>
>>33414287

Because they're a bunch of insecure babies who are too frightened to enlist / failed out of MEPS and resort to belittling others in order to cope with the fact that they're a bunch of fuckups with no great calling in their lives.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.