[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever pulled a gun on someone? I Did it this morning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0351.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0351.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Have you ever pulled a gun on someone? I Did it this morning and I'm not sure if I made the right call.

>Be me
>Driving down the street in Phoenix with my gun in the console
>Signal and change lanes
>A speeding car with Rhode Island plates slams his brakes behind me
>He proceeds to follow me for two blocks and into parking lot
>I park and start getting out
>Guy boxes my car into the space and jumps out
>Guy starts sprinting full speed around the hood of my car.
>I pull my Glock and point it at him
>He stops and backs slowly away
>I notice he has a little kid in his car
>Start screaming at him that I almost killed him in front of his kid.
>guy drives off

Was I in the right? I didn't see if he was armed or anything, but last time something like this happened I almost got my brains bashed in with a baton, so I didn't want to take the risk.
>>
I dunno if it was the "right" thing, but I can tell you I would've done the same.
>>
All you did was threaten an aggressive person who could have harmed you. You're fine.

He shouldn't have gone to such road rage fueled lengths with his kid in the car.
>>
File: 1488637860239.jpg (31KB, 720x954px) Image search: [Google]
1488637860239.jpg
31KB, 720x954px
>>33413863
Legally speaking, it's a bit of a grey area. Morally speaking? Absolutely.
>>
File: cutaway.jpg (155KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
cutaway.jpg
155KB, 1131x707px
>>33413863
A lot of anons(99% of which have never been in any sort of remotely life threatening situation) will tell you that

>HURR YOU ONLY ONLY EVER PULL IF YOURE GONNA FIRE

And from a legal standpoint they're correct. Brandishing is bad no matter how you look at it. However- If you have sound enough judgement to not pull the trigger until you're ABSOLUTELY sure you need to stop a threat, you can de-escalate a threat before it ever gets to that point.

While it's not legal to point a gun at someone, it's sometimes extremely appropriate. Every case is different, so your mileage may vary.
>>
road raging twat deserved a scare
>>
You're only wondering if you made the right decision because you were carrying. If you hadn't been it would have become immediately obvious that pulling a gun on him would have been exactly the right decision. At least maybe now he will realize that he needs to calm the fuck down in the future and not risk getting himself killed over petty shit since he has a kid.
>>
>>33413863
You could get arrested for brandishing technically speaking. But I'd have done the same, as I would've been unsure of his intent or whether he's armed.
>>
>>33413863
Would you rather he beat the shit out of you? Anyone crazy enough to do that over nothing is crazy enough to try and kill you.

Be glad he fucked off once you pulled on him, but you did the right thing.
>>
>be moronic troglodyte while driving with child in car
>proceed to attempt physical confrontation endemic to moronic troglodytes in front of kid in car

>hurr ITS YOUR FAULT YOU ALMOST KILT ME IN FRONT OF MAH CHILD

Should have just shot him desu what a fucking jackass
>>
Reminder to everyone here to invest in a dash cam
>>
>>33413937
It happened once before when I was 19. Admittedly I was tailgating the dude because of heavy traffic. This guy charged me and I had an ASP baton in my drivers side door. I pulled it out and swung it at him, but he caught my arm, threw me to the ground, and started yelling about how he could bash my head in right there on the street. I decided to get a gun shortly afterwards.
>>
>>33413863
No I haven't since I'm from a civilized part of the country. I did however have a gun pulled at me once

>Be me
>Visiting family in Arizona with my son
>Driving down the street while keeping good situational awareness and adherence to the legal speed limit
>Fat small asian kid in a honda civic that's been riced on a 50 dollar budget suddenly cuts me off
>Get upset and want to tell him how he needlessly endangered the lifes of myself and my son aswell as his own life
>Follow him a few roads untill he pulls over
>Slowly get out of my car and walk over to his car
>Before I get the chance to ask him why he did what he did the kid starts schreeching
>Kid pulls out a beat to shit HiPoint and starts screaming about how he's going to shoot me infront of my child
>Decide this isn't worth any more trouble so back away to my car and call the cops while fat asian kid drives off

I can't wait till I'm back in Rhode Island.
>>
>>33414009
These are only funny if the post they're a response to was written by the jackass in the situation. OP was entirely in the right.
>>
File: IMG_0475.png (250KB, 1600x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0475.png
250KB, 1600x612px
>>33414009
>>
>>33413863
Come on man, nothing like that happens here in Phx.
>>
>>33413863
if you are in a situation to have to draw at all, you are in the clear to magdump and probably should
>I notice he has a little kid in his car
Yet another reason you should have shot him. His kid has his aggressive genes, and it's better to keep that kind of hellspawn down through the hellhole of an orphanage system we have, instead of letting him grow up with all the opportunities(opportunities to be a thug just like dad) a father provides.
>>
>>33414033
>t. scottsdale
try going down indian school sometime
>>
>>33413937
It's OK in AZ. It's called "defensive display of a firearm." In Arizona if someone threatens you physically, but not necessarily lethally, you can inform them verbally that you have a gun and will use it, or brandish it to let them know to back off. It's NOT OK to do this, if you were the one who started the altercation.
>>
>>33413863
do you really want to kill someone because they looked angry, or were yelling? are words life-threatening? is shouting worth ending someone's life over? if you think so, you're no better than niggers who kill people for the 10 dollars in their wallet.
>>
File: babby.jpg (19KB, 385x383px) Image search: [Google]
babby.jpg
19KB, 385x383px
>>33414245
Did he kill someone for being angry or did he threaten someone for pursuing and trapping them while being angry?
>>
>>33413968
OP was screaming you illiterate nigger
>>
>>33413863

AZ cop here, you were legally in the right.
>>
>>33414285
>identifying yourself as noguns
any gun owner knows you should only draw to kill. it's the absolute last resort. OPs story is either fake, or he is retarded and should lock his guns away until he becomes not-retarded.
>>
>>33414033
Anything can happen when New Englanders leave their quarantine.

Almost always when someone is aggressive or road rages or tries to physically assault it's always either CA or NY/NJ/MA/CT/RI.

Because those states don't have self defense laws, they get lulled into a sense of security and think it's okay to attack other people.
>>
File: new call of duty leak.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
new call of duty leak.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>be me
>driving my tractor on the property, minding my own business
>suddenly this huge orange motherfucker pops out from behind a tree
>draw my CC'd .50 Deagle
>blast him twice
>keep on tractin'
>>
>>33414362

http://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/00421.htm

>The defensive display of a firearm by a person against another is justified when and to the extent a reasonable person would believe that physical force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the use or attempted use of unlawful physical force or deadly physical force.

AZ does not fuck around. If a reasonable person believes they will be subjected to unlawful physical force or deadly physical force; in this case an angry person who followed them in a vehicle for approximately one to two miles (typical for Maricopa county blocks) and is now sprinting at them, they are justified in presenting a firearm to that threat.
>>
You were in the right. Something those city libshit fags dont understand is that if they follow someone a few blocks, box their car in, and start running at them, theyre liable to get shot if they're not in their shit city surrounded by a bunch of other fags that dont have guns.
>>
>>33414362
>any gun owner knows you should only draw to kill
No, you only -fire- to kill.

It is perfectly acceptable to brandish a firearm to de-escalate a life and death situation. If they back off, then you don't need to fire, you are legally in the right. If they don't, and you fire, you will still be legally in the right.

In OP's case his state law permits him to brandish in order to de-escalate an assault and battery. He did not fire upon the person and used it only to de-escalate.

What if the other person had a knife or was a 6'5" 240lb MMA fighter while OP is a 5'4" 90lb manlet that would have easily been beaten to death?

Draw to de-escalate, shoot to kill.
>>
>>33413863
You should have shot his kid
>>
>>33414441
I really don't think someone walking around your car shouting like an asshole is a use or attempted use of unlawful physical force or deadly physical force. but then again I'm not a pussy so who knows.
>>
>>33414462
have fun explaining that to a judge.
>>
No, you definitely did the right thing. That dude wanted to fight.
>>
>>33414483
>walking around your car
No, this is what OP stated happened
>He proceeds to follow me for two blocks and into parking lot
>I park and start getting out
>Guy boxes my car into the space and jumps out
>Guy starts sprinting full speed
Given these circumstances OP is justified by law in displaying his firearm to the threat.
>>
You did fine OP, you objectively caused him less pain and suffering (or avoided more, if you prefer) than if you indulged in a fist fight with that retard.
>>
File: 0b9.gif (2MB, 277x193px) Image search: [Google]
0b9.gif
2MB, 277x193px
>>33414483
Wow dude. You sound like a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything. I wish I could be more like you.
>>
>>33414100
It was a joke and BTW, Indian School is nothing.
>>
>>33414490
Yes your honor I chased this guy for 2 miles then got out of my car with the intent to beat him to death in front of his family in his car

I was right about to put my hands on him to kill him and he pulls out a GUN A TOOL USED ONLY FOR KILLING INNOCENTS

He forced me to calm down and leave the scene without killing him like I wanted to and now I am looking to claim $100,000,000 for emotional trauma and damage
>>
>>33414490
Judge would probably just high five you, cuz ARIZONA.
>>
>>33414406
I've lived in Phx since 2006. Born and raised outside of Boston so I know this too well.
>>
>>33414362
I would say if as you're drawing and the person keeps running at you then you fire, if as you're drawing they stop then don't fire. It takes maybe half a second to draw anyways, and that half a second might change their mind.
>>
Who /Mesa/ here?
>>
>>33414549
East Valley sucks dude. Move while you can.
>>
>>33414362
>Being this autistic
I hate this autistic "once my weapon has been drawn it must taste blood" meme. Do you honestly think that all policemen should be required to mag dump every time they unholster their sidearm?
>>
>>33414483
in Louisiana, if someone is trying to get into your car while youre in it, its considered a domicile and lethal force is justified...if he touched the dudes car or drivers side door, he could have been legally murdered probably
>>
>>33413863
all you could have said to an officer (if involved) is that you saw him grabbing at his waitband
it works for them
it should work for you
>>
>>33413884
Fpbp
>>
In these situations I always ask myself this.
>would a cop draw in this circumstance?
If yes then I draw. If no then I don't. You are justified if he truly did block your car in and sprint at you.
>>
>>33414245
when a dude is literally running at him, its kill time.
you dont know if hes gonna shake your hand or stab you, better not to find out.
fucking nigger
>>
File: 1480882243491.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1480882243491.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>33414549
Phoenix here. I want to strangle the city planner who thought making 7th Ave's center turning lane into a traffic lane during certain hours was a good idea. Also, summer is coming.
>>
Yes
>live in a van because fuck rent
>parked in kind of shitty area, sleeping in back
>wake up to sound of someone going through my shit in the cab (there's a bulkhead so he couldn't see me)
>emerge from back wearing nothing but a pair of bright purple spandex briefs, brandishing a Sig 229
>"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN MY VAN"
>some ginger tweaker looks at me like a deer in the headlights then turns and sprints away faster than Usain Bolt
>deliberate on whether or not to call the cops for a minute and decide to just park somewhere else for the night and sleep
>>
>>33413863
Opportunity
Capability
Intent
>>
>>33414642
The death lane. I live at 7th Street/Northern. Work in downtown Phx. Take that fucker twice a day. Seen some shit.
>>
>>33413863
>Be me
>Driving down the street in Phoenix with my son
>Coming towards a signal
>Some asshole cuts me off, turns out his brake lights were out
>I proceed to follow him for two blocks and into parking lot so I can tell him about his lights
>I come to a stop behind the guy after he parks and jump out
>I don't want to idle too long since I've got to get my son to a dentist appointment so I jog up to his door
>He pulls out a fucking gun and points it at me
>I stop and back slowly away
>The guy notices my son in my car
>Starts screaming about killing me in front of my son
>I drive off
>>
>>33415832
Finally
>>
>>33414114
>In Arizona if someone threatens you physically, but not necessarily lethally, you can inform them verbally that you have a gun and will use it

I moved here 4 years ago and every day I love this state more.
>>
>>33413863
You did the right thing anon. You very likely made it so the poor kid won't ever see his dad get his brains blown out over a road rage incident.
>>
>>33415832
>>Be me
>Driving down the street in Phoenix with my wife's son, Ignatius
>Coming towards a signal
>I want him to think I'm cool so I floor it >Some guy pulls into my lane and I can't Tokyo drift around the corner and make the kid look up to me
>that fucker just embarresed me infront of Ignatius, maybe if I beat him up he'll think I'm cooler than my wife's boyfriend Tyrellius
>I chase the fucker a couple blocks until he pulls into a parkinglot
>gotchyanowfucker.jpg
>I pull up behind the guy and jump out
>I run at him, ready to suckerpunch him because I don't know how to fight since my dad was too busy fucking the cleaning lady to ever teach me
> the little bitch pulls out a gun and points it at me
>I'm staring at the muzzle, the shaded hole seems like it's a mile wide
>it's just like the last time I had to prep the bull
>I stop and back slowly away
>he shouts at me that he nearly killed me infront of my (wifes)son
>I get back in the car and drive away
>Ignatius calls me a pussy ass cracker
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.