[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many rounds should I clean my 1911? I fired 50 rounds.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3471.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3471.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
How many rounds should I clean my 1911? I fired 50 rounds.
>>
>>33413086
50? Is it new because if it is you're going to want to fire about 450 more with that kimber.
>>
>>33413086
Wouldn't worry until around 250-300 honestly. Most 1911s do well to be just used no cleaning for the first 300 rounds or so. They build them tight, you loosen em up.
>>
>>33413086

if you dont intend on shooting it again in the next month or so, clean it. If you're shooting it regularly, as in within every 2 weeks, you dont have to clean it until you hit a couple hundred rounds.
>>
I usually run a few oiled patches through the bore after shooting any corrosive stuff but as everyone else said, around the 250-300 round mark clean the whole gun. Then again I usually shoot about that much per range session.
>>
I was always taught that after every time you go shooting, clean it. It's really the most effective way to keep it clean and functional.
>>
>>33413086
1. Keep it oiled
2. Shoot till it stops working
3. Clean it
4. Repeat 1-3

If you use it as a carry piece clean and oil once a week. You should do this with ANY carry gun not just 1911s, it's cheap life insurance.
>>
>>33414020
>2. Shoot till it stops working

There's some grade A advice. I bet you apply that theory to changing underwear, too.
>>
File: 1490224330283.gif (903KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490224330283.gif
903KB, 300x200px
>>33414174
>has no argument
>decides to project
It's like it happens all the time or something.
>>
keep that fucking slide oiled. it will rust very easily. I have the full size model.
>>
>>33414268

I was just pointing out that you're a complete fool with very, very poor advice.

Would you like a tissue?
>>
Most good guns can go between 400 to 700 or more before they start fucking up.

That being said, I clean after every range trip; i like my guns ready to go if I need them, plus it's 20 minutes after the range vs an hour trying to scrape 300+ rounds worth of carbon out of the barrel and action.
>>
>>33414268

Not that guy, but it is bad advice. Even if it's not a carry piece, it's something of value that you spent money on. Good guns can take a lot of abuse, but like with anything mechanical, it's always better to do regular maintenance. Otherwise, it's gonna wear quicker and need an expensive repair/parts replacement earlier than if you just did a little cleaning at regular intervals.
>>
Appreciate it
>>
>when to clean
After every shooting session, unless you plan on shooting more than one session in a day. Keep that shit clean, yo
>>
>>33416796
Wouldn't constant cleaning wear down the 1911 much quicker than using the gun?
>>
File: 1475869592658.jpg (115KB, 399x266px) Image search: [Google]
1475869592658.jpg
115KB, 399x266px
>>33416827
>Cleaning your gun damages it
>>
>>33416827
yes. if you shoot regularly, 500 rounds of clean ammo, or 200 rounds of gunky reloads is about right. If you shoot it rarely just clean it after each session.

This does not apply to your carry piece.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.