[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does k think of them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

What does k think of them
>>
Tacticool trash that is as useful as milsurp clothes but 100 dollars more.
>>
File: eu.jpg (57KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
eu.jpg
57KB, 500x562px
>>33412238
I don't.
>>
>>33412238
They're very "eh"/10.

They make some decent bags and packs, and their pants are above airshit tier but definitely below Gucci tier. It's the company culture that most find cringy. Shit like their tactical kilt and the fact that their relatively decent plate carrier is going to be forever refered to as "the crossfit games vest".
>>
Their boots are pretty good.
>>
Nice stuff but way overpriced. Saw a pair of their pants at Goodwill once, but they were like 42 inch waist, lol.
>>
>>33412238
King of the manlets
>>
>>33412520
lmao
>>
>>33412238
comfy gloves
>>
10/10 bags

Rush 24 and the Bail Out Bag are GOAT
>>
>>33412238
Their products are of good quality and everything I have purchased from them has survived a long time through some heavy use.

The price is high though, and in my opinion still to high despite the higher quality of their products.

They milk the "You get what you pay for" line to justify the higher costs.

Backpacks are the best I have ever owned though and well worth what I paid.
>>
I use their 1.75" operators belt everyday. Probably the best belt I've ever worn, planning on getting some boots from them in the next month
>>
Expensive
>>
Pricey but good. I'd buy one of their plate carriers if I wasn't broke.
>>
>>33412238
I got a bunch of their Ridgelines as I can wear them as suit/business pants. A lot of the time I end up doing fixes/maintenance in my office so it also helps to not be moving around and behind shit in proper suit pants.
>>
File: larping.png (565KB, 603x524px) Image search: [Google]
larping.png
565KB, 603x524px
>>33412238
dildos
>>
My department issues them, they are good clothes.

The jackets are awesome, but after a few years the little velcro tabs at the wrist sort of delaminated so I just clipped off the outer rubber part.
>>
File: review-5.11-rip-stop-pant1.jpg (16KB, 250x343px) Image search: [Google]
review-5.11-rip-stop-pant1.jpg
16KB, 250x343px
I bought a pair of their pants. COmfortable, sturdy, and plenty of neat little features for carrying your crap. Great for camping/hunting/outdoorsy stuff. Fine for running errands around town. Comfortable enough for roadtrips.

I don't wear them to the range, or anywhere there's any kind of firearm/military vibe at all. I don't want to look like "that guy".
>>
>>33412238
I have one of their bag (rush 24) and it's pretty good
>>
the underarmor of the tactical/police/ems world. decent products but with a stupid cult following.
>>
File: IMG_5670.jpg (265KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5670.jpg
265KB, 1278x720px
>>33412238
I prefer their 1/4 zips over every other brand I've tried, been using them for about 5 years. Their EMS and first responder pants are also pretty damn nice as well. For tactical shit I generally avoid 5.11 though
>>
>>33412238
Everything I've bought from them has been great. Rush 72 bag, couple pairs of pants for hiking and range use, a light jacket. Plan on getting a pair of their jeans whenever the hell they actually come out.
>>
>>33412238
I liked it more when it was called 9/11.
>>
>>33412238
They're fine. Most the stuff they produce is made with good materials and competent craftsmanship. They got pretty popular and thus /k/ hates them because this board is filled with snowflakes.
>>
>>33412238
I liked them back when they made hiking and climbing stuff for the hiking and climbing communities, before the operator wannabes got involved. Now they're cringy as fuck.
>>
>>33412238
The ATAC Storm boots are pretty good.
>>
>>33412238
Decent stuff, horrid fanbase. The people that don 5.11 w/ pride are usually the ones you wouldn't want your company image to be based off of. (I.e. "grey-men", over-weight and out of shape preppers, and airsoft-tier tacti-cunts) Again, they make some pretty good stuff but just the people that openly support it just makes it hard to wear.
>>
>>33412689

I wore a pair of Apex pants almost everyday on TDY at Bragg/Pope recently. the dress code for the TDY was "professional civilian", so i dressed like a contractor the entire week.

anyway the 5.11s were super comfy and had a ridiculous amount of pockets to stash magazines.
>>
>>33412238
I like my shirt. Its well made, but breathes well.
Would operate in.
>>
>>33413862
Same here.
>>
>>33414495

well... the last day i wore jeans, boat shoes, and a hawaiian shirt.
>>
>>33412566

Seconded. Very good belt. They also make some completely shit belts too admittedly but this one is great.

I like their pants but they cost too much.

I like their vest and I really liked a range bag they make but I didn't buy it. I bought the exact same bag from LAPG for less money.
>>
>>33412238
Got a belt that you don't have to remove for scanners, best ever. The pair of boots were donated to the Salvation Army after 1 week of use. Sure hope they fit someone's feet.
>>
conceal carry shirt with the pockets in the arm pits is great for carrying while running or in the gym.
>>
>>33412238
They make some pretty good stuff.

Protip: It's reasonably cheap at AAFES
>>
>>33412491
I would have grabbed them and then picked up a nice leather belt for a $1.25 on the way to the checkout line.
>>
The pants use different material for the hand pockets, idfk why. First thing I do with a new pair is iron on patches.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.