[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prep Thread General /PrTG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
TOOLS, what tools should a prepper have? This should include all general tools as well as any to maintain weapons as well.

Also general ask questions get answers kinda thing.

Honourable mentions:
Shtf
Bob
Teotwawki
WROL
>>
I live with my Dad, I use to live elsewhere but I'm back because while I'm studying its just way cheaper. He can take care of himself, but there are certain things he needs help with from time to time. He has a bad leg and can't get around to fast anymore, is diabetic, and just really isn't good health at all. With no plans to improve. I've tried my whole life to get him to but he's set in his ways.
Wheres this going you're wondering?

I always think about what I'd do in a SHTF situation. If I had to bug-out, I'd have to do it by bicycle or by foot. I live in a fairly dense city in Southern Ontario (near Toronto) and the roads would be packed. My dad unfortunately has to rely on his vehicle to get him from a -> b .. I feel bad saying this but if anything ever happened I'd have to leave my poor dad behind :( anyone else in similar situations with elderly relatives or anything? How do you prep for that?
>>
>>33411755
I've actually spoken about a topic similar to this in the PDF that I'm writing. If one of your buddies gets hit and goes down do you waste medical supplies trying to save him even though you know that even if you got him back to your camp there's nothing you could do to save him.

Honestly the best thing you can do is care for them as long as you can have as much equipment and supplies on hand so that they will not have to do too much, but you have to remember that the time will likely come that you can't save them. That's the sad reality of it, you can't save everyone that you would like to. While they are around they can be useful if they have skills, a lot of the older generations know handy tasks like stitching and other small tasks that may benefit you. When the time comes that you can't save them, well just keep them in your mind, that's all you can do.
>>
The thing with prepping, is its a never ending cycle. I mean having tools is a great idea. Everyone should. But tools is a perfect example of this, I mean where do you draw the line? For example I like working on motorcycles, I could do the same stuff with 10 tools in garage, but I have like 100, and Ill probably keep getting more.

I know theres kind of no way to over prep, but I try to stay very minimal to prevent that. I see a lot of preppers who just buy shit left and right, have 10 BoB's and 1000 shitty lights. Its like why not just have one or two REALLY good lights? Why 1000 shitty ones?

[/Blog]
>>
>>33411820
Ok then what would be the best basic set of tools, like socket wrenches, pickaxe, axe, sledge hammer, shovel, hammers, saws, hand drills would that cover most bases
>>
Also should I buy a leatherman skeletool or the leatherman wingman? any other sugguestions welcome
>>
>>33411835
>>33411859
All of that is stuff that I would want to have personally. But to give some more insight, on my person I keep two tools on my gun belt..

>Leatherman
>Bic lighter
>>
Armorer's wrench
Good bench vice
Glawk punches
Good screw bits
Quantity and diversity of drill bits
Thread cutters
Bolt cutter
Lock picks
Southord Shov-it tool
Vehicle entry tools
Dentists tools (not for dental hygene)

Add the pastebin URL innaOP next time OP
>>
>>33411911
Is there any that's missing do you think? I mean apart from the obvious, screwdrivers
>>
>>33411911

Skeletool or Wingman? Skeletool can clip onto belt but it looks like there are less tools on it. Wingman has more tools but can't be clipped on the belt? Or am I wrong.
>>
>>33411685
>Teotwawki
?
>>
>>33411945

You're a dumbass
>>
>>33411685
its too late to prep anon, its already happened.
>>
>>33411926
I mean like I said for me its hard to draw the line on where to stop. Also if your say bugging in, then ofcourse you want as many tools as humanly possible, just like food storage.

BUT if I had a gun to my head and could only pick 5 items (Not including a weapon cleaning kit which has small tools inside)

>Multitool
>Bic Lighter
>E-Tool (maintained and sharp, it can be used as an axe aswell)
>Fixed blade knife
>Rope/Duct Tape

I consider bic lighter and rope tools, I know many do not, but a lighter has almost always been useful to me when outdoors campared to a flint, although id like both, and if your cant chop it, cut it, or twist it, rope or duct tape can usually do the rest.

>>33411940
This I am unsure of. If you have the money and space id get the rebar, but you have to look at what your using it for, since there are rescue multitools/camping ones/gun work ones, etc.
>>
>>33411956
>odd word never heard of before
>dumbass
thanks senpai.
>>
>>33411956
No he is not, I didn't know what it meant at first.

The End Of The World As We Know It
TEOTWAKI
>>
>>33411685
What is the cheapest sort of canned food you can horde? I'm thinking about buying enough canned food for a year.
>>
>>33411995
bulk (dehydrated) 20lb cans are pgood.
>>
>>33411973
I have to apologise, as I don't use a trip people sometimes dick around. The reason I don't trip is because I really can't be bothered to I mostly use this to source data.
>>
Couple tools that should not be overlooked in your preps, no matter bug in or bug out...

1. Flat pry bar about 12"-18" in length.
2. A cruiser axe.

A flat pry bar has many, many uses. You can get decent ones at any hardware store.

A cruiser axe is an older type axe from the old logging industry. Double bit head, 2 to 2.5lbs, but shorter handle. Used to mark trees for harvest...

Smaller than a full sized double bit felling axe, but perfectly capable of felling a tree, clear debris, etc...

Very packable. Perfectly good axes of this type can be sourced the normal places - ebay, etc - best names include Kelly, Collins, Plumb...

DO NOT buy Chinese or Pajeet made shit... the head geometry is all wrong... useless crap.
>>
>>33411685
>TOOLS, what tools should a prepper have?
I broke in my neighbours burning place with my 1.5in bar stock "barbell" and saved the house from burning down and saved that crazy bitch's life. ain't nothing like 35 lbs of steel to crack a door.
>>
>>33412136
my shtf tool kit is

>good pliers with wire cutter
>good Mini-Hack Saw
>reversible screw driver
>coil of piano wire

this is lightweight and would be able to deal with most obstacles you'd find innacity.
>>
Prep bros, consider getting an allergy test. My is in his 20s and only recently found out that he's allergic to shellfish. An allergic reaction like that could kill you without an antihistamine
>>
>>33412780
*My friend is in his 20s
Thanks phone
>>
>>33412780
He's gone 20 years without eating shellfish?
>>
>>33413092
See I'm 24 I've been stung by bees had all sorts of things, what is the likely hood of me actually being allergic to something at this point that isn't insanely obscure?
>>
>>33411835
For automotive and mechanical stuff, start by getting a maintenance and repair manual for your car. Somewhere in there, you'll come across (usually) 3 lists of tools. The first is for basic maintenance, second is for intermediate things like replacing control arms and such. The third list is for doing things like a complete teardown and rebuild on the engine and transmission.

Minus any specialty tools, the second list is a good place to stop. It'll have you covered for 90% of the automotive or mechanical issues you may run into.

Other than that, collect a basic set of carpentry and plumbing tools. Have gardening/yardwork tools. Stay away from specialty tools unless you need them. Learn how to use all the tools that you get.

Almost forgot- cordless tools, with solar recharging, will save you many hours of toil.

Buy the best tools you can afford. If you have to get Harbor Freight quality because finances, upgrade as soon as you can. You can find good quality tools for reasonable prices at pawnshops, if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>33413343
shiiit I'm 23 and I've never been stung by a wasp or bee

>>33413092
either that or adult-onset allergies.
>>
>>33412780
Epi pens should be part of your kit anyways... even if you're not personally allergic to anything.

But I agree - getting tested for allergies will pay dividends down the road.

Don't want to get croaked by something stupid down the road... like peanuts... bee or wasp stings...
>>
>>33413856
I was not a smart child
>>
>>33413913
Out of curiosity how exactly do you get an epi pen if you are not allergic
>>
>>33413971

buy one off someone who does i guess? the big issue is that epi-pens have a fairly short shelf-life, about a year or two, and that's in perfect conditions (dry, cool and dark).
>>
>>33411966
I had some bic lighters stored in my bedroom for about 8 years. Of the pack of 5 only one didn't work. The roller rusted and wouldn't spin.
>>
>>33414128
I guess that may come down to storage, if you keep them in a cool dry place you should be good.

>>33413996
Ah I see so really you just have to dose the person with as much Benadryl as you can and hope for the best.
>>
File: Donald-Trump-truck-500x281.jpg (26KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Donald-Trump-truck-500x281.jpg
26KB, 500x281px
>>33411685
Hush my child, you no longer have to fear the future.
>>
File: mad-max.jpg (34KB, 592x466px) Image search: [Google]
mad-max.jpg
34KB, 592x466px
>>33415433
>>
>>33413971

Same way you get any non-opiate Rx med: find a morally flexible doctor to write you the Rx.

There's pill heads in every town across this nation... and they all know which doctors are morally flexible.

Other than that - order non-opiate Rx meds from Canada... they have docs on their side write the Rx and include a copy with your meds...
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.