[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FL Open Carry Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_6112.jpg (464KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6112.jpg
464KB, 1280x960px
ITT: We post our open carry experiences in FL
Do you practice this method? Have you had any run in's with the law?
I was a little nervous the first time but I'm slowly feeling that I really shouldn't because the law wouldn't be law if I shouldn't be able to exercise it.
>Am I alone?
>pic related. Me fishing yesterday
>>
>>33411595
>open carry experiences in FL
Not legal for handguns except while doing shit like you're doing in your post (hunting, fishing, hiking, etc), OP.

I carry either my 10mm or my 10" AR whenever I go hiking, Central Florida here. Never had an issue with rangers or anyone I came across on trails giving a shit. People in the woods tend to be nicer than people in town.
>>
>>33411611
If they're open carrying in fl, I'm sure they'd know that law.
>>
bump? nobody here oc's in fl?
>>
>>33411611
Where in CF?
>>
File: 1485482544023.jpg (44KB, 540x362px) Image search: [Google]
1485482544023.jpg
44KB, 540x362px
it will pass here soon and i will carry everywhere
>>
NW FL anon here, I bring an AR when I kayak/fish. mostly just anticipating seeing a hog or something on the river bank.
>>
>>33415194
Sanford
>>
>>33411595

open carrying is fucking stupid and pointless unless you're in the absolute boonies where you might encounter a bear or something and need to quickly draw and fire.

tl:dr: you're a faggot
>>
>>33416583
How so? It's comfy...
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>33416444
Do you plan on dragging that shit in? Or accept that it's an invasive species
>pic related, fresh oc
>>
>>33411595
Basically illegal in all cases except for exceptions on private property.

I can open carry at my home, and at my private range, other than that CCW is it.
>>
>florida
Literally the worst state outside of the commie ones
Worst drives
Worst people
Worst heat
Worst bugs
Worst gun companies
Etc

Been down here 4 days and seen more dumb shit than anywhere else in the south
>>
>>33416541
Hows the meth over there?

T. Port Orange
>>
>>33416662
Haven't been to Alabama or Georgia yet I guess.
>>
>>33416662
>not enjoying that sweet sweet Cuban pussy
>>
>>33416667
Sanford is bad.
Dindus everywhere.
Zimmerman was right.
Not much else.
Alive after five is cool though, pretty much a mini Mardi Gras every month. Open containers... Open containers everywhere
>>
>>33416662
Really depends on the city, and if you live in a good city it's full of liberals. The only reason the good cities are good is because of the food/art/beer/certain people/

90% of Florida is dogshit.
>>
>>33416673
Been through both, much more tolerable than this groid and old northerner ingested swamp
>>
>>33416667
Probably not as good as it is over here in Deland.
>>
>>33416714
>old northerner ingested swamp
Oh, you're in south florida. Disregard what I said.
>>
>>33416708
Most of (old) florida keeps to itself. You might drive past an entire community and not know it BC its down a dirt road.
>>
>>33416662
You have to live here to enjoy it, that's what keeps the normalfags away.
>muh sekrit klub state
>>
>>33416702
Oh believe me, i dont go west of the St. Johns unless im packing more heat than a fat man's crotch.
Daytona is the same way tho. Niggs everywhere and always looking for fights. But Seabreeze Avenue and Beach Street get pretty wild on the weekends

>>33416725
Deland is bad but only out in the wooded areas, I go to downtown Deland and Cassadaga all the time with my sister and girlfriend and theyre both pretty cozy
>>
>>33416825
Try going south of 44 in west Deland. Its a dindu paradise. Hell even Osteen is turning to shit now that the road is wider.
>>
FL is objectively the shittiest state in the union: old farts, Jews, and FloridaMan.

Florida sucks. North Florida is basically south South Georgia.
>>
>>33416583
This guy's right. Unless you plan on having your head on a swivel 24/7 in public, chances are someone can compromise your firearm either while you're distracted or in a tussle. At least if it's concealed, you keep the element of surprise, at the cost of a fraction of draw time. OC is great for the outdoors like hiking and shit, but as far as walking around town? Absolutely not. I don't want people to know I'm armed and gain any leverage against me
>>
>>33416583
Open carry is a huge deterrence for crime, you're the faggot here.
>>
>>33416906
No he's not. Open carry is much more of a deterance for crime than it is a target.
>>
File: berett21_zps1360fa19.jpg (228KB, 800x667px) Image search: [Google]
berett21_zps1360fa19.jpg
228KB, 800x667px
>>33416583

It's way more comfortable. And it shows people that there are gun owners everywhere.

Guns out of sight and out of mind will create people who are on the fence to vote to ban them.

>i never see anyone with a gun
>people must not buy them
>Yeah ill vote for this anti gun law, after all, no one I know of owns them so what does it matter?

You know why it was harder to pass anti gun laws back then? Because it wasn't a taboo subject and everyone owned them.

I live in CA, and let me tell you, 90% of my friends my age (25) literally think that you have need some incredibly hard to get permit just to own a gun. They think it's extremely hard to buy one, or that the only reason I am legally allowed to own one was because I was in the Muhreenes. When in reality it's a simple as.

>safety test
>30$
>enjoy your guns for the next 5 years

It's even easier in other states.
People are becoming increasingly anti gun because they're becoming more taboo, no one talks about them, and the only education they get is that gangbangers and psychos use them. Or that only "trained" (lol) law enforcement should have them.

You might not like open carry, that's fine, but people like you who criticize it to the point it's obvious you'd have no one doing it if it where up to you, well you're the kind of shit head who's doing us gun owners and people who protect the constitution a disservice.
>>
>>33416874
Olsteen seems okay still??? I go hunting/shooting out there all the time and its not that bad. Its hickish but thats just florida boonies
>>
>>33416898
Bitter northerner detected.
>>
>>33416898
Whoa whoa whoa. FLman is usually some yankee cuck who moved here. The jews only winter here because its too hot, or of there is an event they cam get sheckles from. Yeah there a fuck ton of people waiting to die.

Florida has charm but takes a lifetime to see. Ive watched the state turn to shit though so i understand what you see. Maybe im held up by nostalgia. But this state can be awesome if you let it.
>>
>>33417208
The deltona gang bullshit is pushing in hard. If i stay here im headed for the 850 where its at least a little like old florida. Unless Alaska decides to hire me for some gov job.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>go to walmart on my way to the range
>sling on my ak to my back
>people flip shit, cops are called
>get drawn on
>carefully explain to them I'm on my way to go shooting and have to get targets and ammo
>>
Open carry...why? Conceal a full size gun, be smarter, better and more prepared. Open carry is like a barbie fashion show, you embarrass yourself as a man.
>>
>>33416541
No shit, I'm a Longwood bro
>>
>>33416405
already failed like a month ago
>>
>>33411611
>hiking
>florida

How is that even possible? The state is flat. I've been there.
>>
>>33417412
I must live under a rock because i dont know of any of this shit.
>>
>>33416990
>People are becoming increasingly anti gun because they're becoming more taboo, no one talks about them, and the only education they get is that gangbangers and psychos use them. Or that only "trained" (lol) law enforcement should have them.

This is not the case in states that arent shit.
>>
>>33415194
I'm >>33411611 and Orlando, UCF area.
>>
>>33416743
This desu desu fampai.
>>
Watch out for black panthers and skunk apes down there.
>>
>>33419602
they are spaming that shit
>>
>>33419607
There are decent trails that have good flora and brush that make it fun to hike without significant topography. I like to do the ones here in Central FL that are longer distance (10+ miles) with around ~50lbs of gear and try to beat my previous times as solo rucks. There's also plenty that go along/across/through rivers and other bodies of water which imo are equally fun if you're not concerned with gators.

I also go up north, near the panhandle, and there are some great state parks/trails that aren't flat. Torreya State Park has a great 14 mile loop that has 300ft bluffs overlooking the basin below, and Florida Caverns state park also has good elevation between marsh basins and overlooks you can hike through as well as caves, which are always cool.
>>
File: flowrider.jpg (1MB, 750x4250px) Image search: [Google]
flowrider.jpg
1MB, 750x4250px
>>33416898
I came here to post this
>>
File: Sonnye 2.jpg (612KB, 1777x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sonnye 2.jpg
612KB, 1777x1000px
>>33416990

live in a mid-sized town in Alabama. Work in retail. See about 6 or 7 open carry's a day.

I tried it and it feels so odd. I'll stick to ccing my baby.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.