[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Compact 1911

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: sccy.jpg (33KB, 682x383px) Image search: [Google]
sccy.jpg
33KB, 682x383px
are they good for CC? I like the idea of both a thumb safety and grip safety. Plus they are close to the same size as single stack 9mm CC. is .45 ACP too large for a lighter 1911?
>>
File: m70.png (71KB, 665x191px) Image search: [Google]
m70.png
71KB, 665x191px
bump
>>
>>33408321
Compact 1911s are FAR less reliable than a full size or even a commander-size 1911. A 5 inch 1911 is the most reliable of the bunch. The smaller they get, the more prone to problems they are.
>>
>>33408321
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P0edDYdqXU
they dont work for long periods of time and they arent small
the only thing they are small compared to is a 1911
>>
>>33408321
>are they good for CC?
No. Jamomatics.
>they are close to the same size as a single stack 9mm
KEK no
>>
>>33409022
Goddamnit I want a subcompact, but I'm trying so hard not to go for the g43. The more I research subcompacts, the harder it becomes to avoid it.
>>
>>33409002
This is the case for all semi-automatic handguns. The Glock 17 is far less sensitive about what ammunition with which it will cycle correctly than something like a Glock 43.

>>33409184
Make sure you exercise due diligence. A lot of people bought the Glock 43 at launch expecting it to be as generally problem-free as one of the larger ones like a 17 or 19, only to find that they absolutely were not.
>>
>>33409184
an officers 1911 is inbetween a glock 17 and a glock 19 sizewise
yeah you heard me right the subcompact 1911 is the same profile as a fullsized glock

nowhere near the size of a 43
>>
>>33409232
Do you have any recommendations for other subcompacts to check out? I don't like the trigger on the LC9. The Sig P938 has some issues that may not be worked out yet. But how about things like the M&P shield subcompact?

I hear the Beretta nano is like the LC9 with it's trigger pull. I don't know why, but if I'm going to holster carry, I don't want a long, heavy trigger.
>>
>>33409232
I have had NO issues cycling all kinds of ammunition through my 43. So...
>>
>>33409256
Have you tried the LC9S? It's a considerable improvement over the standard LC9 and is offered both with and without safeties.

From what I understand, the 938's launch issues have mostly been fixed. If you want a pocket 1911, it is not a bad choice considering that the 938 is a licensed copy of the Colt Mustang. I'm not really a fan of it myself, but that's just because I prefer DA/SA to SAO cocked and locked.

The Shield is pretty solid. From everything I have seen, it seems to be an excellent choice for a subcompact.

I don't know how good the Beretta Nano is; I do know, however, that the Beretta Pico is rubbish. Stay away from the latter. Also, I would recommend staying away from Kahr Arms; their guns are good on paper but are ruined by very spotty QC.
>>
>>33408321
they are not for everyone, but I carry one sometimes. definitely comfy compared to a full size, and the weight difference is enough that it doesn't feel like an anchor on your hip. The recoil in .45 is fine.
>>
>>33409306
Interesting. Kahr was in the running next to the 43, the 938, and the shield... But I would probably splurge on the pm9 or the mk9. Hopefully the higher price would entail better QC.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about the cocked and locked thing. I know there's tons of debate about it. I carry a g19 currently, so I feel like I ought to stick with what's familiar. At the same time, I want a little variety in my gun collection.

Welp, summer's coming, and I need a smaller carry pistol for the warmer months. I'll keep reading and maybe even go shoot a variety of subcompacts.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.