[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

China warns B-1 bomber

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/22/politics/china-us-aircraft-warned/

>Washington (CNN)Chinese officials warned a US military aircraft flying near South Korea Sunday, telling its pilots that they were illegally operating in Chinese airspace and ordering the American plane to leave, a US defense official told CNN.

>The pilots of the US Air Force B-1B Lancer bomber responded to the Chinese air traffic controllers, saying that they were conducting routine operations in international airspace and did not deviate from their flight path, according to US Pacific Air Forces spokesman Maj. Phil Ventura.

Isnt this kinda bad?

Werent the B-1s suppossed to be stealthy or at least RCS reduced? How come the Chinese ground radars could detect them from so far away?
>>
>>33400292
>stealthy

Not one bit.

It was built to avoid radar sites by hugging the ground so hard that you could poke it with a 10ft pole on its way to bomb shit.

If it was flying at any reasonable altitude, radars would see the Bone for miles upon miles away.
>>
>B-1B
>stealth
Bait
>>
>>33400309
It is semi-stealth.

>Also aiding the B-1's survivability is its relatively low radar cross-section (RCS). Although not technically a stealth aircraft in a comprehensive sense, thanks to the aircraft's structure, serpentine intake paths and use of radar-absorbent material its RCS is about 1/50th of the similar sized B-52's RCS; this is about 26 ft2 or 2.4 m2, roughly equivalent to the RCS of a small fighter aircraft.[86][89][90]
>>
File: 1481148946519.jpg (127KB, 1200x782px) Image search: [Google]
1481148946519.jpg
127KB, 1200x782px
>>33400407
>Semi-Stealth
>Semi-Hard
>>
File: Bonefast1.jpg (58KB, 490x734px) Image search: [Google]
Bonefast1.jpg
58KB, 490x734px
OMG, I fucking love low alt pics
>>
>>33400407
It's stealthy by virtue of decent engineering. Its mission profile is anything but stealthy.
>>
What is the correct response for the US, telling the Chinese to fuck off its not their airspace? Is this just some US cheeki breeki shit about testing their response times?
>>
Hooray Dyess!
We made it!
>>
File: 1484099542276.jpg (18KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
1484099542276.jpg
18KB, 250x239px
>>33400451
Yes and Yes.

Fuck the Ping Pong Nip Nogs
>>
>>33400476
Like a rewind to the late nineties and the naval fuck fuck games
>>
>>33400441
>>33400462
oh man i got to do some contract work at dyess several years ago. we were basically washing the b1 parking spots pretty close to the runway. was amazing seeing them up close and taking off. not too close, though. had knee high barriers we werent allowed to cross under threat of dogs and rifles.
>>
>>33400451
It's not Chinese airspace, and they said diplomatic equivelent of "fuck off it's not yours"
>>
>>33400429
So I see JSF is going well in this pic
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.