[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>MRW people think ARs are unironically better than AKs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

>MRW people think ARs are unironically better than AKs
>>
>>33394390
i can't afford a machine gun lol but I do have a AK47 lol
>>
>>33394390
They're both fine.
Whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>33394390
>posting a picture of argument man but not presenting an argument
>>
>>33394390

>MRW OP has never handled or fired either
>MRW I have no reaction because that's par for the course in these threads
>>
>>33394390
Noguns detected.

Maybe not noguns. But norifle at the very least.
>>
File: anons-post.jpg (308KB, 1100x762px) Image search: [Google]
anons-post.jpg
308KB, 1100x762px
OP simply wants to make a thread that lasts for a month
>>
File: IMG_0009-4.jpg (95KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0009-4.jpg
95KB, 800x600px
>>33394390

well, at this point they're more reliable, more modular, and have better ballistics and are also cheaper and are used by 9/10ths of the Western world so I think that's the way it is
>>
>>33394390
Except they are better. I like AKs more, but they aren't the better rifle.
>>
>>33394390
If its an hk416 they would be right
>>
File: 1439613476485.png (80KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1439613476485.png
80KB, 499x499px
>AR15
>more user friendly and simpler manual of arms
>inherently more accurate (not saying AKs are innaccurate past 200yds or cannot be shot out to 800yds)
>lighter weight and more manueverable
>5.45x39 and 7.62x39 pales in comparison to 5.56x45's load variety and general availability
>does not require a glove on your support hand when shooting for prolonged periods of time or rapid successions of magazines
>don't have to shell out $500 in unobtanium parts just to get your AK 'right'

Now, if I lived in Russia where AK rifles are more common, I would use one then. That, or living somewhere freezing like Alaska where the AK's controls are easily manipulated with gloves and where the reliability may outperform an AR.
>>
>>33394390
Ak 47 better at short range when fully automatic. Aka nothing that anyone owns on /k/

Ar 15 better, more reliable in adverse conditions, higher QC, better after market options (in the us), faster bullet/ potentially better barrel/ better bolt more accurate.

Conclusions. Ak47 is better for conscripts zerging bunkers. Ar15 better for patricians defending their home land from zerg rush.
>>
>>33394537
>AR15
>more user friendly
>the AK's controls are easily manipulated
AK has mag release, safety lever, and charging handle. doesn't get any more user friendly than that.
besides the opinions, I agree with the rest.
>>
>>33394619

AK's mag release and safety are WAY clunkier than the AR's
>>
>>33394619
Well, I meant user friendly meaning performing manipulations like getting on target, taking the safety off then firing a round, coming off target putting the weapon back on safe.

Along with reloads requiring a press of a button, putting a box into a box then pressing another button as opposed to an AK where you have to hit a lever with either a thumb or another magazine then rock a magazine into the gun then move your hand over or under to charge the weapon.

I will absolutely agree that explaining how to use an AK to someone who isn't familiar with the platform is much simpler than explaining or trying to figure out how an AR15 operates. I'm confident in the fact that people in Africa and the Middle East are able to figure out how to operate an AK without someone explaining it to them since everything is straight foward.

It's when manipulating the weapon at speed, I think the AR is the winner unless you really get good practice down with the AK like Haley does here.

https://youtu.be/bseMv6V1Po4?t=285
>>
>>33394631
>t. tiny hands
>>
>>33394671
>taking the safety off then firing a round, coming off target putting the weapon back on safe.
Not required at all.
>>
>>33394672

if you can actuate the safety on an AK with your thumb and the mag release with your trigger finger, you are a fucking mutant
>>
>>33394619
>AKs mag release requires to be held while you rock the magazine out
>AKs safety lever requires movement from the whole hand opposed to just a finger

Come ARs are simpler to use but I do give you cwedit on the charging handle
>>
>>33394537
>more user friendly and simpler manual of arms
The AK is way more dumbed down and simple than the AR
>inherently more accurate
As much as I hate AR's, this is a fair point
>lighter weight and more manueverable
Lightweight, yes. Maneuverability differences are negligible.
>5.45x39 and 7.62x39 pales in comparison to 5.56x45's load variety and general availability
Not even
>does not require a glove on your support hand when shooting
You got bitch hands, friendo
>don't have to shell out $500 in unobtanium parts just to get your AK 'right'
Nobody does this. Nobody with a brain, anyway
>>
>>33394671
>>>33394619 (You)
>Well, I meant user friendly meaning performing manipulations like getting on target, taking the safety off then firing a round, coming off target putting the weapon back on safe.
you should know that's not how AKs are designed to be used.
I thought you were implying AKs were not user friendly. but yes I agree that ARs are very streamlined.
>>
>>33394713
>The AK is way more dumbed down and simple than the AR

in what sense? They both have tool-less breakdown and very similar actions, except the AR's safety and mag release are both simple enough for a five-year-old to understand.
>>
File: krebs-ak.jpg (187KB, 650x481px) Image search: [Google]
krebs-ak.jpg
187KB, 650x481px
>>33394696
>not speed rocking them out with the next mag like a true high speed low drag operator
>not buying a better safety lever

(Slavic screeching)
>>
>>33394696
>AKs safety lever requires movement from the whole hand opposed to just a finger
Loosen it then, for fuck's sake.
>>
File: absolutely not a lewd grin.jpg (737KB, 2813x5000px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely not a lewd grin.jpg
737KB, 2813x5000px
>>33394390
>MRW people think that ironic shitposting isn't shitposting
>>
i love the low recoil/high damage ratio of the AR, I love how simple the controls are. but it's about as aesthetically interesting as a toaster.
my AK is kept out of its case and often held in my lap while I watch shows.
>>
File: reading.gif (664KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
reading.gif
664KB, 1280x720px
>>33394390
>mrw people try to talk to me about their auto loading rifles
>>
>>33394390
it is
>>
>>33394487
>shorty a1 handguards and pencil barrel
>a2 receiver
>a2 hider
>magpul shit
>fugly grip

reeeeee
>>
>>33394852
Clearing jams is 10 times easier on the AK. Hand an AR15 to a 5 year old who knows how to field strip it and he will struggle with
>bolt override
>not being able to open the gun if the BCG is stuck back

Any jam the AR15 has the AK can be cleared more easily. The AR15 also has jams that the AK cannot have like bolt override. Plus if there's a stuck case you have a cleaning rod with the AK. Having the charging handle as the forward assist is also streamlined.

My honest thoughts on the matter are AK-74>AR15>AKM. I think the caliber has more of an impact than the gun does.
>>
>>33395177
until your rifle gets a little bit muddy
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (23KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
23KB, 1280x720px
>MRW people take my thread serious
>>
>>33395412
Just watch out for a little bit of sand :^)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.