[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Verdict on the SIG P320?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: P320s.jpg (144KB, 1150x690px) Image search: [Google]
P320s.jpg
144KB, 1150x690px
320 has been out for a few now. Everything Im reading and youtube is saying its not shit, just your typical glock type. The army picked it up as the replacement too.

Thinking about picking it up since I sold my glock a while ago. Are there any issues with it?
>>
There were some issues with the first year guns, but they seem to be working great now. Get the Apex trigger though.

Also, Sig is always out of stock of the stuff you want.
>>
>>33392040
It's a good design with your typical Exeter quality.
>>
>>33392040
It's kind of gay
>>
>>33392040
Its an alright gun. I picked one up to replace my gen 3 G19, but I ended up buying a gen 4 g19 after giving the 320 to my gf.

As >>33392127 stated, there was a run that had really shitty extractors, but it seems as though its been fixed. Overall its just another polymer wonder 9. You can't go wrong with it just like how you cant go wrong with a g19, Vp9, PPQ, M&P etc.
>>
>>33392232
You didn't mention the two best ones -- P10-C and MA1
>>
>>33392251
Yeah, that's why I included "etc". I wasn't going to list every striker fired 9mm handgun ever designed just to sooth your personal preferences and crippling autism
>>
I have had mi e for over a year nkw and it has yet to do me wrong in any way. IVe put (give or take) 800 rounds through it and literally hax one malfunction due to me nkt seating the mag correctly. Easy to maintain, good solid all around( as quotsd above) wondsr 9. I suggest it to anyone. Mine is chambered in 9mm.
>>
The three dot night zights that ckme with it are definitely nkthing to write home About though.
>>
>>33392132
>typical Exeter quality
probably my favorite meme
>>
>>33393793

I think they are just regular meprolights that are from the P-series handguns, no?

Also have over 800 rounds through my 2 month old P320 subcompact and no problems whatsoever. I would not get the apex flat faced trigger, though, I had it on briefly and got a blister because my finger would slip a little under the trigger and then pinch during recoil. If you are used to flat faced triggers then I guess it's neat side-grade
>>
>>33392232
I second this.

I thought I would quite like the Sig P320, but I like my Gen 2 Glock 19 so much better, and I'm going to sell the P320 to get a Glock 19 MOS.
>>
>>33392040
I have had my P320SCR for a year now. It's not very small, not enough for summer carry. Why on earth Sig decided to go with a 12 round subcompact instead of a 10 round in order to lop off another 1/3" is beyond me.
Oh, and the Sig Store is always OOS. Basically, fuck Sig Sauer.
>>
Australians are talking about buying it for the ADF now: https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/adf-jump-us-armys-modular-handgun-bandwagon/
>>
>>33392040
>sig
Anything other than Hk is a mistake.
>>
>>33392040
It's better than any other striker fired's I've ever tried. Save for maybe the VP9
>>
>>33392040
I have one.

Its a good gun.

It shoots everything I feed it and it doesn't have any problems. Not a single failure thus far.

It has a really good trigger, not the best, but good, crisp, and consistent.

Controls are nice and easy to use. Compact fits my hand like a glove.

Since it is a Sig, its a little tall due to dat bore axis, but it conceals just fine.
>>
>>33392132
>typical Exeter quality
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>33394945
I will concur with this post.
Compact, medium thinckness grip. 9mm

Has no problem with ammo at all. Even munches through steel cased shit ammo.
I do have to say, for a stock trigger, it's damn good. Short takeup, smooth progressive pull, reliable crisp break. God damn dat short reset.
Best factory trigger on a "cheap" pistol.

Also agree, Sig needs to stock sub-compact exchange kits on a regular basis
>>
>>33395053
>tfw CC P320 Compact with subcompact frame
feels good
>>
>>33395067
I CC my compact all the time.... providing that it's winter. Otherwise it has a tendency to print
>>
>>33392040
>carry model
>short barrel and long grip
>literally the opposite of what you want

Am I missing something here?
>>
>>33395273
not for appendix carriers. there, grip length doesn't matter, but barrel length does

and appendix is the new (old) thing, so that's what they designed it for
>>
>>33395379
Another thing I don't get, appendix carry.

Even small little subcompacts jab me in the thigh whenever I'm not standing perfectly straight.
That, and I don't want a gun pointed at my junk and femoral artery.
>>
>>33395465
are you using a zero cant holster?
are you actually wearing your pants on your waist?
how much of a manlet are you?
>>
>>33395539
>zero cant kydex holster
>normal jeans at normal level
>5'8 manlet (not fat tho)

Maybe that's it
>>
getting the bits to change frame, slide, and barrel costs almost as much as another gun.

someone needs to make an 80% frame of the trigger group. Already pre bent and heat treated. so I can order the entire pistol online and spend a few minutes will a drill to finish it.
>>
File: St. Mattis the mad dog.png (601KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
St. Mattis the mad dog.png
601KB, 680x510px
>>33395465
I'm sick of the 'hur dur yur pointin' a gun at yer junk' argument. If you're that afraid of holstered firearms, you shouldn't carry one. You're no more likely to shoot yourself carrying apendix, than any other way. Most people sweep their entire body when they draw from anything past 3. Those who don't will always be slower than appendix because the distance is further.
>>
>>33396164
Still, I just like minimizing the risk.

>don't point a gun at anything you're not willing to destroy
I like my balls, and don't want to bleed out in 90 sec
>>
File: 1487397803317.jpg (38KB, 611x857px) Image search: [Google]
1487397803317.jpg
38KB, 611x857px
>>33396164
>Most people sweep their entire body when they draw from anything past 3.

Fucking this. But you don't hear anyone going nuts about IWB. Most of the criticism of AIWB comes from people who don't actually try it or read more about it and just make assumptions off of what they just see. Getting shot across your intestines is just as worse as an accident with AIWB.

I carry AIWB every day and while being very safe using DA/SA, thumbing the holster on a draw/reholster and bending backwards when reholstering, I never cover any part of my body. Not even when it's holstered does it ever flag my femoral or my junk. A good holster, belt and safety mindset are all you need to safely utilize AIWB.

Hell, I went to the range earlier today and did about 80 draws and reholsterings. Not one time did I flag myself when putting the gun back in the holster.
>>
>>33392040
No issues as far as I know. I prefer my Glock 19 to my 320 compact for concealed carry, but I live in a warm state. If I ever had to wear gloves is want the bigger trigger guard on the 320z
>>
>>33396190
So you're not a fan of appendix because you plan to shoot whatever body part lies in front of the holstered muzzle?
No one who cares enough about their life to carry a gun wants to shoot himself. So... just don't shoot yourself.
>>
>>33396265
I'm not an infallible human. I don't ever plan on shooting myself, but if I have to use my gun, I'm sure I'll be shaking and disoriented if I try to reholster it and I don't want to have it pointing at sensitive areas.
Again, risk reduction and a fail safe of sorts.
>>
>>33396287
that's very logical, but your lack of confidence in your own ability and training should be a cause of concern.
Not tryna be a dick.
>>
>>33396326
Risk mitigation. Carry appendix, idgaf but it's not for me
>>
>>33392040
Bought mine October 2016 and it's run fine since the day I got it. Had one FTE after 2000~ rounds, scrubbed 1/6" carbon off the extractor and haven't had an issue in the last 1k~. I prefer it to my Glock but that's just preference, neither perform better than the other.
>>
>>33396265
If everyone started carrying their ccw with the muzzle aimed directly at their own heads, you'd probably think it was dumb. Some people are just as protective of their junk.
>>
>>33395465
Your fucking weird I sag my pants while appendix carrying and have no problem glock 19 too.
>>
>>33396593
If there was no reason, then yes I would think they're dumb
With appendix you have absolute control over the gun at all times. Any holster position from 3 on loses control. The gun is now behind you. That's not where I want it if I need it. You don't carry rifle mags in caddy's strapped around the back of your thigh, cuz if you need a new mag, you need it right the fuck now. That goes double for the weapon itself.
>>
>>33396748
I'd say this argument applies more to small-of-back carry, but at 3-4 o'clock it's still right where your arms are, and easy to access.
>>
>>33394964
It's a meme, you dip
>>
>>33392040
I like mine. No failures in 1k rounds, mostly steel. Ergos are ok, way better than Glock. Trigger is good for a striker gun. Easy to clean because you can just remove and spray the FCG down with your solvent of choice.
>>
I think it looks ugly as fuck desu
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.