[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best .45 ACP handgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: HK45-individual.jpg (143KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
HK45-individual.jpg
143KB, 1200x846px
Hey guys, Just curious if you guys have any suggestions on the best .45 for concealed carry as well as 3 gun competition. I don't necessarily need anything super compact as my last concealed carry was a Sig Sauer P-220 carry. I'm just looking for something with versatility and power. I have been thinking of the beretta px4 .45 tactical sd as well as the HK 45. What do you guys think?
>>
>HK 45

Fag
>>
>>33392022
PPQ M2 .45 ACP

I like it.
>>
File: 45ACP self defense.webm (645KB, 484x362px) Image search: [Google]
45ACP self defense.webm
645KB, 484x362px
>>33392022

USP is more gooder.
>>
>>33392022
thats not the same gun, is it?
>>
>>33392022
If you're going to get the Hk45, I would recommend the HK45c or HK45CT. That way you could still use the 8 round mags and slimmer grip to make it a bit easier to carry, and use the elephant foot 10 rounders for competition/range/nightstand use.
>>
>>33392295
fuck me im a retard
>>33392241
meant this
>>
>>33392272
why do you like the USP over the 45?

>>33392304
is there that much difference between the 45 and the 45c/CT? I just figure if there's not too much size savings i may as well go with the full size.
>>
>>33392386
The difference is pretty significant if you're comparing with the hk45c's 8 round mag. Obviously the elephant foot makes it pretty big.

I should say, the Hk45 is a lot more ergonomic, with those customizable grips. That said, if youre a bigguy4u and can conceal the HK45 well, then you might as well get the FNX45T IMO. That way you can take advantage of the pre-milled slide for RMR's if you wanted to use it in competition, and its 15 round mags.

Personally, I would go Hk45C or HK45CT if you're leaning more for concealability, or the FNX45T if you just want a big ass gun to use to compete, at least as far as hammer fired .45's go.
>>
>>33392272
As a usp owner, the usp is for memes, for actual use get the hk45, it's a better gun.
>>
File: 1911 Negligent Discharge.webm (939KB, 490x320px) Image search: [Google]
1911 Negligent Discharge.webm
939KB, 490x320px
>>33392272
>>33392752

I apologize. I was being purposely obtuse in order to garner attention to myself.
>>
I wouldn't recommend it for ccw, but you don't seem to mind big guns.

My personal favorite .45 auto? USP 45.

12 rounds standard is above average for most .45's, which usually top out at 10.

Soft shooter

Customizable trigger.

And I personally prefer basic, blocky grips. I tend to shoot glocks and USP's better. The best groupings I've ever gotten were with a USP 45, out of any handgun I've shot. Not sure why, ymmv.
>>
>>33393515
>>33392272
UNRELIABLE
>>
My .45 is a Glock 36 for CC. I like it. It is pretty small. But if you don't mind it being a 6+1, it's a great gun. You can get the bigger glock 45 if you want a higher capacity. But my 36 is honestly my favorite pistol that I've ever shot. And I've shot a lot of stuff.

I think they make a double stack glock of similiar size. But they also make extended magazines for the 36 that (I think) bring it up to 8+1.

If you want something larger the H&K is pretty good. Just expensive, obviously.
>>
>cc 45
Nice meme
>>
>>33393583

ISS NAUGHT A SOLJUHS GUN!
>>
HK45 with light LEM is a fantastic choice. Anything you dislike about the P220 in particular to want a change?
>>
>>33392022
A 9mm
>>
>>33394052
I'm a fan of the P220 but through a series of unfortunate events I don't have it anymore. Though, over time my accuracy deceased with the sig. It was my primary carry and if the sights were moving on me, I'd be forced to say that's not a very good point. I loved the feel of it though and the weight. I just wish I could hit a target further than 6feet with it near the end. It was really odd to lose accuracy like that.
>>
>>33392022
Just get the full size for longer sight radius. HK 10 round mags actually fit 11/10, so it only has 1 round less capacity than USP .45, but you can argue that USP .45 is 13+1 because all HK mags are underloaded.

HK CS is great and they don't hate you. Glock is meh. FN actually hates you.

Try out the triggers. I suggest the v1 for more carry options. Though on paper the USP trigger is better, but practically HK45/c is very accurate. Plus you don't get o-ring barrel like mk23 on USP unless you get the upgraded versions.
>>
>>33394530
The sights were moving on their own?
>>
>>33394721
That's the best I could figure. I don't see how I could shoot fine on other guns and not that one otherwise. Seriously, I couldn't hit the target at 6 feet
>>
>MUH FUDDY FIVE
>MUH STOPPIN POWAH

Stopping power is a meme. .22 Short is perfectly adequate for self-defense if your shot placement is even halfway decent.
>>
>>33395348
True, but I like the idea of not having to shoot someone because they're not afraid of my rubber band thrower.
>>
>>33395325
I would have investigated further into it. As much as I don't know how well you shoot, that would have easily been an issue with the sights.

There have been many instances of competitive shooters having their front sights slide right off the dovetail when shooting. This is why many people put loctite on their dovetails to prevent such a thing.

I would strongly recommend getting a P220 again or an HK45 if you're willing to branch out into a different platform and a slightly bigger gun.
>>
>>33393674
I have a 30S which is the 30 with the 36 slide. 10+1 double stack
>>
CZ97 SP-01
>>
>>33396144

I've read that the 97 can be picky with ammo, specifically, it has trouble feeding hollowpoints reliably.

True? Bullshit? Used to but they fixed it?
>>
>>33394052
stop trying to educate the plebs here, it's impossible

they will continue to buy Rugers and Alien Gear
>>
>>
>>33396373
Rugers fine tho
>>
>>33396756
"fine" is not a good qualifier for carry gear.

You want to plink with "fine" equipment, go right ahead...Oh damnit look at me, going down the same path, with the same responses inbound.

Enjoy your gear folks, spend more money to train on it if you can, then you might get on board with spending for the best rather than "fine".
>>
File: 1490117645489.jpg (66KB, 1280x717px) Image search: [Google]
1490117645489.jpg
66KB, 1280x717px
>>33396373
>stop trying to educate the plebs here, it's impossible

You're right for the most part but I try just for that possible one guy that actually wants to learn. It's quite embarrasing how many people actually use Alien Gear on /k/.
>>
>>33397096
It's literally shameful that this shit gear is not only accepted but promoted here.

>inb4 10 people saying "they have never heard why it's garbage before"

You have heard, over and over
>>
>>33397092
I own better guns than you and would trust my life to ruger. You sound like a gearqueer that likes to take pictures with buck yeager and say you're better trained than everyone else.
>>
>>33397126
t. idiot hoarder who doesn't train

Have fun owning piles of metal and being shit at operating any of it
>>
>>33397148
Theres 0 probability of me having my "gear" on in the event i need to pull my ccw. If you think you'll be using your gear in shtf, then you're too delusional to be reasoned with.
>>
>>33392022
commander length 1911 or a USP.
>>
>>33397092
Uhhhh, what ruger brand carry handguns dont have a good rep for reliability tho? drawing a blank personally
>>
>>33397164
You assume so much about what I care about with so much indication of my actual intent.

Pretty indicative that you don't have a good position, Also your guarantee that you own better gear than me, hilarious, But I can guarantee one thing, I shoot a lot more than you, train a lot harder, and if you are defending a ruger pistol as something designed for high volume, long term training and use and carry you are as retarded as your previous posts have indicated.

Fuck off idiot, you are the exact cancer being discussed here
>>
>>33397201
I didnt say i owned better gear than you, i said i owned better guns than you. You're the kind of retard that leaves an ar and a plate carrier in the trunk for jamal to steal aren't you lmao.

Your "training" is a joke, and you throw money at anyone with a facebook that says theyre leet oper8ors.

You will never have your gear on you in the event you will need to pull your ccw. Period.

You're the kind of nigga that has a ccw badge and thinks hes gonna run into the mall with his crye gear and save the day.

Run along now day/k/are is over.
>>
>>33397255
Yeah your total lack of skill with guns and collection of a pile of them is impressive, Mr. Big Dollar who defends Ruger - fucking retarded scab, eat shit
>>
>>33397194
Ruger builds tanks and everyone knows it.

>>33397201
http://godgalsgunsgrub.blogspot.com/2015/11/over-18500-rounds-through-ruger-sr9.html?m=1

18500 rounds on original springs with 1 breakage. 18500 is more than you've shot in your life. Spend 5 minutes educating yourself before you talk down on others.
>>
>>33397284
I'd bet my truck I could outshoot you in your skill of choice. 3 gun, bullseye, trap, you let me know. I'll tell you what I'll fly you down to Tampa this weekend if you wanna put up. Leave a throwaway.
>>
>>33397285

Oh lordy!!!! 18,500? That's about 1.3 years for me
>>
>>33397308
Bet you're wrong every which way
>>
>>33397338
Put up or shut up lil nigga. All expenses paid flight and a hotel. Just leave a throwaway we'll make it happen. 25k cash.
>>
>>33397308
Well shit. New guy here, I'll take a free trip to Tampa if you have a skeet field worth a shit. Don't even care if I win or not (probably will though), just wanna go back to Tampa.
>>
>>33397375
Sorry, but this offer only extends to this particular geardo. Next time your down I know a pretty decent skeet place though. Do you come here often?
>>
>>33397363
I don't have 25k cash but I'll put up my life.

Want to test your hot stuff skills, what's your average presentation from concealment to first shot like?

Wanna try to beat my 1.2 average from concealment at 21 feet on a 3"x3"?

Drop your throw away nigger, you seem to be the money guy here.
>>
>>33397386
Used to. When they were still alive I had grandparents living in Clearwater I'd visit every 6 months or so. Haven't been in a couple years tho.
>>
>>33397308
>>33397375
TAMPA FAGS STOP SHIT FLINGING. WE'RE REFINED SOUTHERN GENTLEMEN.

Also, what are some good outdoor ranges near Tampa? Shoot Straight and Shooters World bore me to fucking tears.
>>
New shield, it's perfect.
>>
>>33397403
I've been shooting USPSA since before you were old enough to own a gun. If you don't have money I'm not interested in you.

>>33397418
Fuck right in the feels. I live in clw.
[email protected] if you ever come back down.

>>33397448
If you wanna enjoy some outdoor fuddery there's Wyoming Antelope Club in clearwater. Otherwise it's Odessa for skeet or up to Hernando for the 1000 yd range.

I recommend reload in Tarpon though if you wanna shoot indoors, top tier range.
>>
>>33397510
shiiit.

You ever go down to the bay and watch all the retarded drunk boat drivers get stuck on sandbars?

Grandparents had a house right on the bay front, I'd sit on their dock catching pinfish with chunks of hotdog and watch it all day long.

Also miss the shit out of Caladesi.
>tfw had no idea Tarpon had a range
>>
>>33397548
It's a new range only been open for a year. Google reload tarpon springs fl its nice as fuck.

Also no, I grew up more in the woods than on the water.
>>
>>33397510
I'll check those places out, thanks man. There's only so much 25-100 yd indoor shooting I can do.
>>
>>33397575
Later on this spring grab a pair of binos and go watch the bay around dusk.
>people getting stuck on sandbars in comedic ways
>frequently topless, occasionally nude boathos galore
>all the little islands covered with people camping/fucking/smoking weed
>>
>>33397584
Wyoming antelope club is pretty fudd, but its great to shoot outdoors during this time of year. Also they do USPSA, action shotgun, tons of cool shit after hours. And then after matches niggas drink beer in the clubhouse and talk about trump lmao. Im off for the night, happy shooting.
>>
>>33397597
Lol I have a buddy that's been asking me to go out on his boat forever maybe I'll do that this weekend.
>>
File: notsouthflorida.jpg (261KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
notsouthflorida.jpg
261KB, 960x720px
>tampa niggaz itt

ayy, 305 here waddup
>>
File: clearwater.png (464KB, 1462x917px) Image search: [Google]
clearwater.png
464KB, 1462x917px
>>33397613
You should, tons of fun. Especially if you fish.
>tfw grandparents were rich AF
Pic related.
>>
>>33397616
ayyy fampai. What's the shooting situation like down in Miami?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.