[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pg/ - Prepping General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
What kind of bag set up do you have? Bug out? Get home? Pharmacy assault bag? Im getting a pack today, and wanna build it to something nice.

>Bug In waifu
>Bug out innawoods
>Doomsday
>Autism
>WROL
>SHTF
>Raiding
>Mad Max

Also if your the guys with the pastebins just post the link rather than the 40 pages, kinda saturates the thread but we appreciate your work.
>>
My work bag doubles as a get home bag. Needs work though. Being caught un shtf at work is one of my worries.
T. Delivery truck driver
>>
>>33389361
If you are trying to build a designated bug out bag, don't buy the bag first, that should be the last thing you buy.

You need the kit first.

The bag should fit the kit you should try to make the kit fit the bag.
>>
>>33389779
Too late already bought the bag. I didn't buy it specifically for bugging out, it's just a 3 day assault pack I got an insane deal on, and had to buy I
>>
>>33389972
I should add I'm more interesting in building a kit that helps me get to one location and then back.

Not really ever gonna bug out, but on the chance I have to trek 20-30 miles to family, to either check on them or whatever it might be helpful
>>
Instead of a BOB I have a a MOLLE chest rig that has a pistol, medical kits, bags for temporary food supplies and an attached camelback, the chest rig is in my gym bag buried under a couple of towels and misc shit
>>
>>33390086
Nice way to paint a HUGE target on your back. Seriously a bad idea
https://youtu.be/PFABNsb6dEI
>>
>>33390030
Esbit stove
Cheap campingstove that screws on a fuel can
Fuel can
Small pot for boiling water
5 mountain house meal
Some tuna or spam tins
Sawyer mini water filter
Water purification tabs or drops
Garbage bags, paracord
Trauma kit
quality LED light
AM/FM radio + earphones
Multitool
Lockpick set + jigglers
silcock key
>>
>>33390246
This guy's right, as much as I hate the "grey man" blending in with your surroundings is important.

Whether it's multicam or milsurp camo when you are in the woods, or jacket and jeans in a city, it's all the same it's camouflage. Throwing on a chest rig like your some Paul blart Mall cop will likely only make you stand out like a sore thumb.

It's like that guy the other day who asked us to rate his grey man and he was in 5.11 shirt and pants with a plate carrier, belt rig and a rifle slung across his chest. The "grey man" is simple shit just don't over think it.
>>
File: IMG_20170320_085403_742.jpg (246KB, 720x973px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170320_085403_742.jpg
246KB, 720x973px
>>33390030
Cool well if you want to keep it simple, water, food, a pistol (or if you really feel like it a SBR), some spare mags, a first aid kit, a knife, and a tarp.

Just remember the six pillars of survival and plan your gear so you can cover the bases
>>
>>33390473
>Introducing the 4chan guide to survival
>Bottle you pee and do not mix it up with the good water.
>Boil piss and splash it at attackers.
>>
Im going full greyman aka exactly what im wearing in my normal life day to day. Until the second I hear theres violent looting in my area. I live in a smaller town, and if theres looting here thats on a bigger scale shit really hit the fan. In that case, im not really leaving my house unless im checking on friends/family. If im a insituation where im carrying a gun beyond CC, then im gearing up, a rifle is gonna give it away anyway, still no camo tho
>>
File: Gas mask diagram.jpg (124KB, 797x960px) Image search: [Google]
Gas mask diagram.jpg
124KB, 797x960px
>>33389361
As for gas masks, get a 40mm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3T9gnk2h1o
>>
>>33391839
Or you know, a 3M
>>
>>33389779

Or you buy a bag first, make sure it has straps to tighten it down to make it more compact. Then dont sperg put and fill it to the top. My bag is only half full, that's cause depending on the situation, I would be throwing in some extra crap, or picking up some shit i find while on my way to what ever location.

Given my bug out bag is also just my /out/ bag/kit too. Which I keep it next to all my gear, so I can throw in extra mags, chest rig, shit like that before gtfoing.

Max I've loaded it was 76 pounds for a 3 week trip in Alaska. Which a lot of that was food.

Also mind fucks me when ppl get all this gear, don't test it out. Shit, go out for a weekend and do some camping, only use what you brought.

Like my friend tested out his bag. For his sleeping system, he just brought one of those thick ass mylar emergency tarps. Fucker has never been camping, so he never thought about insulation from the ground. He changed a lot of shit out when he got back home.

Also if you're gonna trip, at least make it so ppl can filter your faggot ass
>>
>>33389361
Do you have a bug out location?

>inb4 innawoods
You are not going to survive in the woods for any extended period of time.
>>
>>33392297
>You are not going to survive in the woods for any extended period of time.
We aren't all city kids.
>>
>>33392297
It was just a general question to the peeps who are buggin out. I will *never* bug out. Unless im forced to, becuase I do not have a bug out location nor do i expect to be able to live like tarzan in the forest. However I will be hiking through terrain to access other people during shtf.
>>
>>33392529
No but the idea of living in the woods off nuts, berries and whatever you can trap is a pants on head retarded idea.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.