[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The joint Russian-American military-industrial complex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

So, the United States has annexed Russia and now there are 132 states and four federal districts. What can be used from the slavshit arsenals for the US of A military?
>>
>>33389187
nothing cause lol Russian quality
>>
>>33389193
We have the best American QA managers in this scenario
>>
>>33389201
Then we just procure American, no reason to switch it up to something less good.
>>
>>33389187
Nothing because all of it would be drowned in russian blood and american fat rivers
>>
>>33389187
Why would the US want MORE useless inbred people?
>>
>>33389213
>Then we just procure American
This all became American, Russia does not exist anymore
>>
>>33389219
For fun and giggles?
>>
>>33389187

Hinds. SPAAGs. Maybe fix that battlecruiser if it's worth the trouble to shut up those BB fags, and of course don't let those nuclear subs go to waste. Everything else is rusted junk or built in such small numbers that you couldn't justify the logistics of keeping them around.
>>
File: lolz.jpg (637KB, 1516x1153px) Image search: [Google]
lolz.jpg
637KB, 1516x1153px
>>33389187

Biological weapons. No joke.

Best use would be to purge China and/or Africa.
>>
>>33389187
Nukes after the replacement of their control systems with the US made, helicopters, ATGMs, SAMs.
>>
File: 2S35-Koalitsiya-SV-005.jpg (333KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
2S35-Koalitsiya-SV-005.jpg
333KB, 1280x853px
>>33389235
>SPAAGs
This.
>>
>>33389235
>built in such small numbers that you couldn't justify the logistics of keeping them around.
If Russians can keep them around, then with American money they will certainly be capable of that feat.
>>
>>33389187
>So, the United States has annexed Russia

Stopped reading right then and there.
>>
The Sukhoi planes basically become the new reserve American fighter planes, suitably upgraded to our standard.
>>
>>33389187
In that scenario Sukhoi can give a fight to LM for contracts. T-10 platform with US engines will murder all 4++ competitors.
>>
>>33389187
Use one as a proxy to control the other, then pit them against a pretend battle for control to inspire technological advancement and improvement of global economical standings
>>
>>33390018
>inb4 LM buys majority shareholding in Sukhoi
>>
>>33389187
Ka-52 airframe + AH-64E avionics for an ultimate reconnaissance helo.
>>
File: boeing2702.jpg (17KB, 510x237px) Image search: [Google]
boeing2702.jpg
17KB, 510x237px
http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a241165.pdf

Relevant information on Russian design philosophy.
>designed to be reliable but disposable
>built with incremental improvement in mind
>designed to be easy to manufacture

The real problem comes from Russian QA/QC, or really a lack thereof. In all seriousness, truly jointly developed projects would likely yield some really great equipment.
>>
>>33390117
self cold war
>>
>>33390372
>QA/QC
Russian factories are suffering from lack of western high-precision machine tools. Under US they can get them easily.
>>
>>33389253
lmao that picture
>>
>>33389187
Russian qts. Slavic-American war babies for soldiers in some years time.
>>
>>33390372
>The real problem comes from Russian QA/QC, or really a lack thereof.
This reminds me of one of my relatives.
>be working on Buran construction
>drill a hole in a hull for a cable to pass through
>do a double-check
>realize the hole is half an arm's length away from where it should've been
>whoops
>find the boss, what do
>the budget is stretched to its limits, the deadlines have already passed, as always
>the boss says roll with it
>they make on-the-spot modification without marking it on the schematic or reporting to anyone else and carry on
Not sure which of the airframes was afflicted by this mutation and god knows whether it could've led to a disaster, but the only prototype that flew into space did so only once (with flying colors though), soon after that the project was scrapped due to lack of funding, the prototype was put in a hangar, two decades later the hangar collapsed destroying it in the process.
>>
>>33389187
Nothing, amerishit crap is too backwards. Try annexing Eritrea, their technology is about your level.
>>
>>33389187
>What can be used from the slavshit arsenals for the US of A military?
Millsurp.
>>
>>33389235
>Hinds
FUCK no.
Maybe we can turn out Mi-28s in actually decent numbers for once though.
>>
>>33393245

Why would we want Mi-28 when it's like twice as heavy as Apache and does a lot of things worse?
>>
>>33393375
Because it's not an amerishit glasscopter.
>>
File: 1451925337462.jpg (87KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1451925337462.jpg
87KB, 600x450px
Nice scenario OP, i like it.

As for weapon systems:

1: The Sukhoi T-50 would be produced to complement the "low" amount of F-22's and form an ideal testbed for 6th gen fighter features like photonic radars and fly by light.

2: Road mobile ICBM's like the RS-24 would give the USA a "quadriad" instead of a triad.

3: The KH-101/102 missiles would replace the aging AGM-86.

4: Advanced mobile SAM systems to form air denial zones incase the air space is contested by enemy air superiourity fighters.

5: SPAAG's with SAM's like the Pantsir would be able to protect armoured vehicles on the move.

6: USN ships would be outfitted with the Zircon ASM's in the future.
>>
>>33393375
Because it is cheaper?
>>
Imperial > Metric

Everything in US aviation is Standard imperial.
>>
File: russian guns.png (524KB, 907x647px) Image search: [Google]
russian guns.png
524KB, 907x647px
>>33389187
All the 5.45 AKs get rechambered/remag'd in 5.56 Real Fuckin' NATO.

[spoiler]Nuggets replace bolt-action sniper rifles.[/spoiler]
>>
>>33389187

>ITT: amerifats forgetting who won war against Germany and their european allies

Germans were also supposed to have "superior technology" and quality
>>
>>33390809

I also like to lie on the internet, but its to impress chicks on online dating apps, not fat basement dwellers
>>
>>33397998
>>ITT: amerifats forgetting who won war against Germany and their european allies
The Russians would have been reduced to flinging rocks, snowballs, and the bones of their own dead if not for American logistic support. We made their nuggets, their boots, their tanks, their planes...
>>
>>33390809

>Buran
>Бypáн
>Russian for "Snowstorm" or "Blizzard"
>Destroyed when the hangar roof fell in during a storm

sheeeeit
>>
>>33389187
Mmphn I could only imagine the things we could accomplish together. US quality plus Russian quantity.
>>
>>33390809
>god knows whether it could've led to a disaster
Well considering it could fly unmanned things probably wouldn't have gotten as clusterfuck-y as Challenger/Columbia.
>>
russians have

> better/more tanks
> better/more artillery
> better cruise missiles
> better SAM
> better radar
> better/more APCs
> better transport helos

Start working from there
>>
>>33399564
>muh Russian quantity meme
Only during the Soviet times lad
>>
>>33399713
> better/more tanks
No on both accuonts.
> better/more artillery
Not "better" but a different doctrine, more? Yeah, of some types.
> better cruise missiles
Ehh
> better SAM
Not better but more diversified/specialized.
> better radar
Not really.
> better/more APCs
More? Yeah, definitly not "better" though, especially as far as protection goes.
> better transport helos
Not better, just a bit more robust.
>>
>>33399766

sick backpedalling bra
>>
>>33399772
Literally what are you talking about? You made a retarded post and I told you how wrong you are.
>>
>>33398045
>Less than 5% of equipment
i love lend lease meme
>>
>>33399789
Got a source on that number? Go ahead with your denial though Europoor
>>
>>33399788

you didn't say shit, you just backpedalled a bit

> "ehhh"
> not "really"
> not better b-but "robust"
> not better but more "diversified"

please
>>
>>33399812
Oh, so it's all just shitty bait. Okay. Enjoy your day/evening/morning/afternoon/whatever
>>
>>33399821

You could start by explaining the logic behind you saying Russian SAM isn't "better" because it's more specialized and if you manage to do this without shitting your pants and backpedalling even more, I'll be impressed.
>>
>>33399830
How about you defend your long list of bullshit that you spouted off in the post I originally replied to and btfo on every single point?
>>
>>33399858

You didn't btfo shit though, that's the funny part.
>>
>>33399871
I addressed every one of your retarded claims and you failed to reply to a single one of them. I'm just replying right now because the shit I'm watching on Netflix is boring as fuck.
>>
>>33399929

> I addressed

Kiddo, all you did is say no. Now you're demanding something from me on top of that. Bahahahaha, why not get started on that 200 word essay instead.
>>
>>33399942
>Kiddo
Yeah, keep on keeping on f.a.m.
>>
>>33399952

> b-b-but russian SAM is not "better", it's just more specialized, diversified, and basically better

that was a good one though, thanks for the laughs
>>
>>33399960
>he lives in a world where everything can be broken down into "better or worse" with no dimension to it
lel
>>
>>33389193
fpbp
>>
>>33397964
5.45 is better than 5.56 though
>>
>>33399952
well you are certainly as smart as one, then again Burgers arent known for high IQ anyway
>>
>>33389187
United States has annexed Russia

you mean under leadership of our lord and savior Putin ofcourse
>>
>>33389253
I want that girl to be my daughter
>>
>>33389187
Cannon fodder.
>>
I know this is a long read, but this was a summary of Soviet Productiom amd design philosophy as understood in 1991.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a241165.pdf

It explains various quirks of Soviet equpment design. For example, soft steels were frequently used in order to avoid the glass like brittleness of stronger steels in sub-zero conditions. Or why the tendency is to continuously work on a design, like the evolutionary but essentially similar T55 -> T72 -> T90, and the slight but backwards compatible mutations the AK74 has had since its introduction to the present day.
>>
>>33400669
it has better terminal ballistics than ball 5.56 but the 5.56x45 allows for a wider range of loadings (more versatile)
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.