[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Figured /k/ might have some fun ideas Inherited a respectably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Coloradodesert.jpg (78KB, 512x341px) Image search: [Google]
Coloradodesert.jpg
78KB, 512x341px
Figured /k/ might have some fun ideas

Inherited a respectably sized piece of some worthless land with nothing, not even roads, out in nowhere Colorado. The taxes on it are effectively nothing, and it would be almost impossible to sell with so many better plots listed for so cheap.

I don't even live in that state, really struggling here what to do with it since I wouldn't be staying for longer than a vacation week, unless I dig out a well and building a bugout fort and abandon my job to live like a hermit.
>>
>>33388373
Yikes. Is there even a way to access it? If it's surrounded by private property on all sides, that could be troublesome.
>>
>>33388373
Pretty fucking cool, frankly.

Make a shooting camp.
>>
>>33388379
Fuck, are nutjobs going to shoot me if I cross private property that looks like any other patch of wilderness? I don't think the area it's in is inhabited unless there's a compound out there. Still trying to figure out if I could even dig a well there.

Am I OK crossing "public" land when off-road?

Not even sure if there's a public route. This stupid property has been passed down for a couple generations like the a white elephant booby prize, the last family generation hasn't even seen so much as a photo of it.
>>
I think we have a location for the next Nuggetfest, fellas.
>>
>>33388413
I'm sure that there's some provision in everybody's deeds about allowing access to your property. Anyhow, as long as you're not running drugs or the like, nobody will care.
>>
>>33388428
Probably not.

For all I know there's a drug running setup in the area. I can call up landowners through the tax-payer database public info to ask about access if it's hemmed in by private properties. But I cannot figure out if there's anything illegal out there without getting shot at.

""Uninhabited"" for ~3 generations.

I'm reading around and apparently the people who own remote property in Colorado are batshit dangerous, and that's just the normal legal landowners, not the drug ops.

Just the road to get near the property could have been claimed as "private" by some asshole.
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 700x466px
Get your self a camper van.
>>
Sell the mineral rights and make a decent chunk of change from schlumberger or whatever rinkydink ass oil co. Is nearest to you.
>>
>>33388460
I think you're probably being a bit paranoid here. Country people are fine; just be nice and tell them the truth about how you got the land and what you're doing there. Also, rural people don't care if you want to shoot guns on your own property. If you want to camp there or even build a little cabin for weekend getaways, I doubt anybody would give a shit. What they'd care about is if you sold it to somebody to build a housing development there, but it's obvious that you have nothing of the sort in mind.

Be nice, don't make trouble, answer questions honestly, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>33388496
>Mineral Rights
Oh that's the fun part. This is why it keeps getting passed on like a stale fruitcake. There's fuckall out there. The last two generations of family found nothing, I'll find nothing. Not going to dump money costing more than the land into assessing/prospecting it a third time.
>>
>>33388511
How far away from this land do you live, anyway?
>>
>>33388523
~1,000 miles.

It seems like a good landmark for a roadtrip, but nothing I'd visit more than two or three times in my life.
>>
This thread reminds me of some other thread where a /k/ guy had his own land with his own shooting range. Some guy moved in on the land next to his and built a house adjacent to the shooting range, then told /k/ anon that he could no longer use his range because it was within 300m of his property. The dick neighbour then set up his own shooting range on his property in a way that was legal for only him to shoot on.
>>
>>33388413
access to your land is protected.

There should be a road of some kind.

Also build a shooting range, hire people, reap benefits, host nugget fest.
>>
File: ancap plain.png (66KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
ancap plain.png
66KB, 547x402px
>>33388373
>not even roads
>>
Let me buy it.
>>
>>33388694
Why? There's A LOT of much better chunks of land for sale for dirt fucking cheap out there. Check listings, there's a lot including some nice riverfront properties for practically nothing. I already was to try and ballpark what it's worth if anybody actually did want to buy it.

The well you'd have to install would could cost as much as the land itself is worth, not to mention septic.

>Sell
Once they find the fucking paperwork. Everything is still being sorted out.

Just trying to brainstorm if there's any reason to keep the place. Nuggetfest is technically a very very remote possibility.
>>
>>33388581
>Some guy moved in on the land next to his and built a house adjacent to the shooting range, then told /k/ anon that he could no longer use his range because it was within 300m of his property.
Most of the time, threats like that to sue are bluffs. Even if they aren't, make the guy spend $3000 on a lawyer to send you some letters, then give in and move your range 301 meters from his property, just to cost him money.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.