[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Saturday Night Special Won't Eject

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Dimple.png (1008KB, 721x635px) Image search: [Google]
Dimple.png
1008KB, 721x635px
maybe you guys can help me get my new piece of shit to work properly. I acquired a Jennings J-22 for the price of a #2 at wendy's, literally.

It's in decent condition for what I got it for. It's have trouble ejecting though and I could use some help diagnosing it. It will fire once and the cartridge will get stuck in the chamber and require a rough fucking with the cleaning rod to remove. I see this indentation on the barrel. I can't quite tell if it's protruding enough to interfere with the cartridge's fit, but the action with cycle once and I can't manually cycle it after discharging.

If this dimple is causing the issue, can I fix this with rudimentary tools?
>>
>>33387388
You kept your spent casings?

Check for any dents that would match up with the dimple to confirm your suspicions.
>>
File: BestPocketRounds.jpg (2MB, 4016x2864px) Image search: [Google]
BestPocketRounds.jpg
2MB, 4016x2864px
>>33387388
J25 owner here,

can confirm that it looks fucked. Do you see a dent in your ejected cases?
>>
File: hallo.png (748KB, 680x687px) Image search: [Google]
hallo.png
748KB, 680x687px
>>33387411
unfortunately I didn't and wish I did. I had too damnable of a time removing them to remember to hang on to them. As I look down the barrel, there's a pretty noticeable protrusion though. Can I scrap this down with a file or some shit? Unfortunately, the J-22's barrel can't easily be removed.
>>
>>33387459
> Can I scrap this down with a file or some shit?
Nigger that would make the issue worse
>Unfortunately, the J-22's barrel can't easily be removed.
You punch out the pin and punch a new barrel in. Its not expert level gunsmithing.
>>
>>33387459
Try bringing it on a range trip again, make sure you keep the casings. At least you would be positive what is fucking up the gun in the first place.

The dent is a probable cause but as >>33387425 said, verification would be nice.
>>
>>33387478
It's a gun I got in trade for a burger, Is there Some way to fix this issue, or is it going to have to be a new barrel?
>>
>>33387519
Look at your cases
Try other types of ammo

If you would have posted this like 30 minutes earlier my friend who fixes these fuckers would have jumped into this thread and helped you out.
>>
>>33387517
I don't doubt it. I'm fairly positive this is the issue, since I doubt the ejector is even capable of pulling the casing out. it took a bit of force to ram it out originally. I'll probably take it to the range tomorrow before work to fire it a few times. and collect the casings.I'm in the process of giving a it a good cleaning and oiling.
>>
>>33387558
Well thats your problem, my friend who has one says that it doesnt like to run when dirty and firing anything but cci minimags (or ramsets, dont do this they are LOUD).

Clean the shit out of the chamber and make sure the entire gun is spotless
>>
>>33387558
A good teardown might help. /k/ubespeed OP.
>>
anyone know if the slide on these should be slightly wobbly? not to the point where I can shake it and move it, but if my fingers can ever so sligtly pivot the slide back and forth.
>>
>a burger for a j22
I bought a guy a shiner bock and he gave me a mossberg 500 for it last year.
>>
File: burger pistol.png (583KB, 514x523px) Image search: [Google]
burger pistol.png
583KB, 514x523px
She's all oiled up for another round
>>
>>33387591
i don't really trust guns very much that still have tight slides. just sayin'
>>
>>33387746
>She's all oiled up for another round
Have fun robbing the liquor store.
>>
>>33387832
it's gotta work before I can go gangangin' with my new glawk 40 friendo
>>
>>33387388
Chamber support is fucked up. Blowback operated pistol like that with a rimmed cartridge means that the space slightly above the rim of the cartridge is expanding because of the indentation. A new barrel is less than $20 online and you can find one in a goofy length or with a different color slide if you so desire. While .22 isn't going to grenade in your hand it wouldn't hurt to have your firearm in proper working order.

If you can, also inspect the frame for any weird stresses or cracks. While a Jennings in that chambering may not have any issues now, with enough rounds any ZAMAK gun is going to have issues.
>>
>>33387895
I don't know. I think this issue is due to the firing pin smacking the top of the barrel and creating the indentation. Would the process you describe begin after the indentation is made?
>>
Looks like someone dry-fired it a billion fucking times.
Don't do that on a rimfire.

New barrel for you, OP.
>>
>>33388343
>thread
This is it exactly. Prolly should get a new firing pin too.
>>
>>33389023
And some snap caps because we know you're the dry firing faggot.
>>
>>33389026
I got it just the other day from the dry firing faggot. I'm looking for barrels online but all these chuckle fucks want $40+ for a new barrel. Ridiculous.
>>
>>33390307
buy a 16" barrel blank and have a machinist turn it down for you

>tfw you have a carbine-length Jennings
>>
>>33390565
Op, I don't care how much it ends up costing you:
>make a Jennings carbine
Here's some motivation
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.